• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tek Lounge, Naples Bi-weekly Turny

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone find out what the store decided to do, if they were going to the 30% for profit, or add a house fee, please let me know.

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
@Quitter/ihatemybrother

YOU DO SPELL IT WRONGLY ON PURPOSE!!! BLASPHEMY! (i hope i spelled that right lol)

okay guys, so I'm going to try to stop by Tek Lounge tommorow (tuesday) since i have nothing after school, I'll try to post what I hear tommorow. Night!

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
It's to be held on Dec.21st, sorry that it's being delayed again, but Tek Lounge is still under construction and they want it to be as complete as possible by the time this tourney is ready to be held. These prizes aren't final, these are what is expected with a 20 person turnout, which we've been desperately trying to achieve for a while now. Now, the main reason I'm posting this for all of you too see is to make sure that this appears acceptable to all of you, I think it is fair for the first "New Tek" Tourney. I'd like your feedback sooner than later though, thanks guys!

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
I love the flier!!
Just one question, it seems that the prizes are set for optimal attendance and are put up to attract attention. I truly hope that the actual terms are more flexible, for Tech lounge's sake as much as our sake.

It wouldn't be fair for the Tech Lounge to have to give out 300$ if only 15 kids show up at 20$ a piece:
15 X 20= 300, thats not fair for them to make no money, or maybe even lose money if less kids show up.

And of course, there's the opposite, lets say by some god-forsaken miracle, we get 35 people to come:
35 X 20= 700
It wouldn't be fair to the smashers, (who probably got the attendance to get that high), if the store gets 400 the pot gets 300.

From what I can figure out, the current agreement looks something like this:

20$ entry fee

15 goes into pot-split between both doubles and singles

5 goes to Tek Lounge (essentially is the venue fee)

SO...

Multiply all this by 20 attendees and-

300 goes into pot- (150 to singles and 150 to doubles)

100 goes to Tek Lounge

OR

Multiply by 15 attendees-

225 goes into pot(115 to Singles, 110 to Doubles)

75 goes to Tek Lounge

OR

Multiply by 35 attendees-

525 into pot(265 to Singles, 260 to doubles)

175 to store

Something I think is risky, or maybe I don't understand it. "The 35$ for both" is that essentially a 5 dolllar discount if you register with a partner?

Tech Lounge should know they would lose 50% of their profits if everyone signed up with a partner. If they're ok with that, then I guess I am too.

But if that money comes away from the prize money, I oppose the deal.

I know I'm making alot of complaints/suggestions, but I think its not exactly fair for 2nd place to come away with nothing.

I know and understand that this is is still experimental, and I hope the Tek Lounge will be open to changes when more things are figured out.

EDIT: lol @ the typo at bottom right, Entires
Reminds me of "Tires don exits"

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
That poster is LOl and i agree with some points made by ihatemybrother.

I guess the little messagge in little words at the bottom, means that the prices will change ( get lower ) if less than 20 people show up. that pretty much answwers the questions for the post below the flyer.

20 dollars for player is high, but at the same time its good because it makes the pot bigger and attracts out of towners which the lvl of competition will increase and attendance will be higher. On the other hand the way they **** the pot is unbelievable, so out of towners wont show up.

Believe me the only people that will go to this tournaments are people from the area who have no where else to go, love the game too much (ME) and havent being to a real smash tournament where the prices are fair; and if you( talking to everyone reading ) have been to a real brawl tournament you know that the prices for the $20 fee is ridiculous.

I will attend this tournament unfortunatly my friends wont go, im going for the $150 dollar price. And if i dont win its w/e im pretty sure im gona have fun and it seems that all of you guys are cool people and smashers.

Tek Lounge doesnt seem like a place that will get big in the smash community, maybe if they cared more about the players than their profit it will actually work.

The smash community is huge they should take advantage of it, there is alot of money to be made here by being a host, i tell you wiht personal xperience.

@Tek Lounge: $20 Tournaments are not the only way of making money, you can host practice tournaments on maybe fridays or thursday with NO MONEY price, just charge people $2.50 - $4.00 bucks a piece to play ( we do $3.00 we allways sell food too). I promise you everyone that shows up for ur real $20 tournaments will go and play for this practice tourneys, just for fun and do POINTS for the placings lets say:

1st= 3 points
2nd= 2 points
3rd= 1 point

And who ever reaches 20 points will get a free entree fee for ur next tourney, that means they need to show up for at least 7 practice tourneys wich is 3 x 7 = 21 points and thats if they place 1st place everytime they go. And by the way that is 2 months and 1 week that they are going to be going to ur store, with no money price just 3 dollars per person which is lets say 15 people show up: 15 x 3 = 45 a week of extra income. 45 x 4 = 180 a month. And you havent given away any price for this remeber that.

Consider this is a good way to make money.

Anyways ill see you guys on the 21st good luck im sorry my friends dont wana go anymo T_T

-!-

Smash Lord
First of all, at first glance I thought the flier ment this "Singles $20 and for Doubles $35 in total" just want to clear that off.. so I'm assuming it's not like that lol

OK, if the fees ARE to enter both tourneys then lets say I pay $20 I'm assuming I can team up with a random guy that paid his fee at no extra charge, right???

I believe the Prices are not too bad if you'll be entering both Singles and Doubles for $20 (Individually), actually it's really good if you come with a partner, you can save a little... most tourneys per head charge like $30 ($5 Venue fee/$15 Singles/$10 Doubles -$20 per team-)... but at the same time prizes are better and 2nd place gets some share too at least or up to 3rd...

like IHateMyBrother said, pretty much they're charging a $5 venue fee, it's like 25% of the pot (beats 30%) so I'm satisfied with the fees...

This is a decent start but, just like IHateMyBrother, I think 2nd place should get some share to be fair...that would lower 1st place price though... also as Jssn was saying, it's limited to 20 players which will make it a local tourney pretty much... so over all, based on prices and so on it's well balanced imo small tourney, great entree fee and prices are great!

-thumbs up-
d ('.'d)

I'm just gonna throw this in again even if it makes me look dumb... but I just hope TekLounge doesn't mean $20 for singles and $35 for doubles... that makes sense in a way cuz If it ain't, it means they could end up loosing up to 50% of their share (as IHateMyBrother mentioned), which isn't really fair for them but if they're cool with it then that means they're really cool to deal with ^.^ but if it's the other way around... no need for me to say the obvious...

btw, Jssn it sucks your friends won't be joining us on that day >.< but at least you'll come... see ya there ^.^

+++M!X+++

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
I'm just gonna throw this in again even if it makes me look dumb... but I just hope TekLounge doesn't mean $20 for singles and $35 for doubles... that makes sense in a way cuz If it ain't, it means they could end up loosing up to 50% of their share (as IHateMyBrother mentioned), which isn't really fair for them but if they're cool with it then that means they're really cool to deal with ^.^ but if it's the other way around... no need for me to say the obvious...

+++M!X+++

I think they are asking for $20 dollars for singles, and then $35 for the team that signs up. But I am not sure because that flyer is not clear. They say 20 dollars per person, and then 35 per both. So that could either mean 20 for both events and 35 if you come with a friend which means it will really end up being $17.50 each; or i guess its 20 dollars per event, and if you come with a friend u only pay 17.50 for doubles. This is kinda confusing as mixcoatl mentioned earlier please can someone clear this out.

So its a total of 37.50 i believe, and u can only aim for $150 (1st, and ONLY price)

-!-

Smash Lord
I think they are asking for $20 dollars for singles, and then $35 for the team that signs up. But I am not sure because that flyer is not clear. They say 20 dollars per person, and then 35 per both. So that could either mean 20 for both events and 35 if you come with a friend which means it will really end up being $17.50 each; or i guess its 20 dollars per event, and if you come with a friend u only pay 17.50 for doubles. This is kinda confusing as mixcoatl mentioned earlier please can someone clear this out.

So its a total of 37.50 i believe, and u can only aim for $150 (1st, and ONLY price)
I was kinda going more to this too, if it is like that ($20 singles, $35 teams) then it's really obvious that it's screwing us players badly... not fair at all, They'll be making a profit of over 50% so if it's like that lol well then I refuse... there can be a better deal that can satisfied both sides, some understandable and reasonable deal... imo though, the most TekLounge should get off the pot can be 30-35%... 35% would be pushing it though, but it beat's a little over 60% obviously

This shouldn't be so hard to settle... TekLounge should just charge us for venue fee ($5-$10) which I may add both you Zach and Andrew should make an agreement on with them... and the rest should be up to the owners of this bi-weeklies (Single & Doubles fee + Prizes for each) also at the same time, TL should put the limit of how many kids they want in the venue in other words how much profit they want to make depending on the number...

maybe I'm thinking too much hehehe Gordo and Volta sorry if I'm causing any trouble o.O

I hope one of you guys can clear things up as I really think $20 per head for both tourneys is an awsome deal, if it ain't then there should be a better deal...

+++M!X+++

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
POT ****!!!!!!!!
is not fun.

I guess wuts happening is that TL is not the only one making money of this tourneys, i bet hosts are not the actual people from TL, so that means that the money has to be split by 2 parties (tek lounge, and someone else). Therefor when taht happens none of them get enough money; and tek lounge wouldnt like that because is their electricity and their stablishment being used.

I guess its understandanble but it is still not fair for any players.
There has to be another solution.

POT **** = NO FUN.

-!-

Smash Lord
POT ****!!!!!!!!
is not fun.

I guess wuts happening is that TL is not the only one making money of this tourneys, i bet hosts are not the actual people from TL, so that means that the money has to be split by 2 parties (tek lounge, and someone else). Therefor when taht happens none of them get enough money; and tek lounge wouldnt like that because is their electricity and their stablishment being used.

I guess its understandanble but it is still not fair for any players.
There has to be another solution.

POT **** = NO FUN.
nah, the owners of this bi-weeklies are Gordo and Volta (Andrew and Zach) they're cool friends and all, it's just TekLounge... since the beginning prizes where bad... if you win 1st place singles well you'll get a $50 gift card and had to be 14 entrees or less, the rest of the prizes where store hours (useless) 2nd place on singles and 1st and 2nd on teams got hours... if there was 15 entrees or more then we got $50 more (usually for teams)... and the fee for the tournament was $15 for both singles and Doubles... but yea in the end they used to get over 60% of the pot cuz c'mon everyone knew hours where pretty much useless even though in a way it was "money" prize but force on the store, I had so much hours myself for getting second and so on but never used them... that's why it makes sense the fees for singles and doubles are that high now, the pot **** is insane and its pretty much the same as before but no hours.. $5 more and we get just that much added to the 1st and "only" prize for each tourney... I just keep going cuz it's fun, everyone is great and it was only $15 for both tourneys and since it's small anyone can win it actually... so paying $15 and receiving $50 in return isn't that bad I guess... but yea we need a better deal, I'm focusing more on out of town Tourneys cuz the competition is insane and turnouts are way better... but I have faith that this can become a fair playground eventually ^.^

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Either way, I'll be in naples on the 23rd. If you guys host it on the 21st ill try to get there 2 days before just to meet with the smash community in naples and have fun, also im planning on having friendlies prolly at my place or my friends and ur more than welcome to come, we are trying to get some games going before GIGS let me know if you wanna show up send me a message, ill keep you guys updated with date and time.

-!-

Smash Lord
dunno if anyone is interested but here's my YouTube account where I have a good amount of matches of mostly TekLounge Tournaments, that CA$H tourney on Oct. Brawl Wars II (when I went to Venice -.-) and some friendlies... Jssn maybe you'll be interested in seeing some of them... anyhow my best match over all has to be the one titled "DewDaDash (DeDeDe) vs. M!Xcoatl (Snake) " it's funny too I think, hope someone bothers to see something ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/user/MixCoatlPro

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
hey again guys, just in case this wasn't clear, I wanted to note that I'm not an official employee at Tek Lounge, I just host tourneys there

anyway! I've got a few ideas (and some of yours) that might allow us to make this more player friendly, i'll also clear up what the 35$ incudes, etc. I'll stop by there tonight and post later on, I apologize for the abscence of my co-host Andrew through the last few days, he's been extremely busy with wrestling, so I've been trying to get on the boards more than I usually do. Hope I can make this fair for both the players and store!

-Volta

-!-

Smash Lord
hey again guys, just in case this wasn't clear, I wanted to note that I'm not an official employee at Tek Lounge, I just host tourneys there

anyway! I've got a few ideas (and some of yours) that might allow us to make this more player friendly, i'll also clear up what the 35$ incudes, etc. I'll stop by there tonight and post later on, I apologize for the abscence of my co-host Andrew through the last few days, he's been extremely busy with wrestling, so I've been trying to get on the boards more than I usually do. Hope I can make this fair for both the players and store!

-Volta
Hey there Zach, I know you guys are not employees... and I figured Andrew was slam with wrestling but it's cool with me (hope hes kicking asss at the tournaments) ^.^ thanks for trying though and good luck later on tonight ^.^

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
dunno if anyone is interested but here's my YouTube account where I have a good amount of matches of mostly TekLounge Tournaments, that CA$H tourney on Oct. Brawl Wars II (when I went to Venice -.-) and some friendlies... Jssn maybe you'll be interested in seeing some of them... anyhow my best match over all has to be the one titled "DewDaDash (DeDeDe) vs. M!Xcoatl (Snake) " it's funny too I think, hope someone bothers to see something ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/user/MixCoatlPro
haha you know whats funny, i allready saw you play, and few more from naples on youtube. I've been stalking the competition. That was the 1st thing i did before saying that i wanted to come. =)

I look forward to playing ur snake, unfortunatly i dont have any videos online but we just had a practice tourny yesterday up here in tally and i placed third, and also ill be attending a tournament in pensacola tomorrow, so im pretty sure we are gona record those too. Anyways as soon as those vids r on youtube ill let u know.

-!-

Smash Lord
haha you know whats funny, i allready saw you play, and few more from naples on youtube. I've been stalking the competition. That was the 1st thing i did before saying that i wanted to come. =)

I look forward to playing ur snake, unfortunatly i dont have any videos online but we just had a practice tourny yesterday up here in tally and i placed third, and also ill be attending a tournament in pensacola tomorrow, so im pretty sure we are gona record those too. Anyways as soon as those vids r on youtube ill let u know.
lol cool, looking forward on playing your ummm Pit??? or who ever you play ^.^ and dammn you're lucky I haven't been in a tourney in forever -.- but I'm trying to be patient (trying to get people to come to my place) hehehe so I'm guessing you'll win tomorrows tourney no sweat ^.^ I'll wait for those videos

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman

What about my Wariooo...

:(

It don't matter, everyone be prepared for Monkey Power on the 21st!!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
What I dont understand is why TekLounge doesn't just make a $5 dollar door fee (their store profit) with 15/10$ singles and 10$ each doubles. It's not confusing, the players who are affected by it understand where their money is going into, and yeah its the most reasonable in my opinion. You look at any other tournament and this is standard, hell its worked since melee and probally has been implemented for 5 years I'd probally say. That shows alone that this works and the more people you get the even bigger profit the store gets without people being worried about cutting the pot. You've got to run tournies such as these, gain the smasher's trust such as gigs has done and you'll see your revenue increase over time. I dont get if its just out of greed or if somone in charge of this is just hard headed but it makes most sense to do this and I hope that this gets changed and someone such as andrew can persuade who ever is in charge. I just recently went to a tourney up north with a turnout of over 90 people that had a door fee of 10$, 20$ single entry and 15$ doubles. As long as you make your income in the door fee that doesn't scare the customer off. I hope this is helpful in some way, this place has potential, but just needs to be ran correctly. It might take awhile for people to recognize the place, as this is small town naples not orlando or miami, but with time the attendance should increase with trust, just look at the naples play-n-trade tournies. They've had turnouts of 40 or so ppl which amazes me.
On another note though, how many tvs does the place have now? It wasnt really that fun when i went there awhile back with 2 tvs, 1 which lagged cuz it was a projector so everyone played on the standard tv so in reality it was just 1 tv to play on which made the tourney way too long. Even a house tourney such as Ihatemybrother's ran more smoothly than that time. I just wanna know if its improved since then.
And to the question of lag on lcd tvs, it doesnt lag if you hook up component cables instead of the standard wii cables that come in the package. That can be brought in by players though if its much of a concern.
Oh and one more thing while all the pot going to 1st player is nice in the sense that winner takes all, it should be noted that a prize payout of 1)70/2)20/3)10 or 1)65/2)25/3)10 (whichever one is decided if this were to even be taken into consideration) would be best as it gives other people the sense that they didnt get cheated out of 1st and still have some pocket money to take back home. And if attendance were to extend to (omg a miracle) lets say 40 or more you can extend the cash payouts to 10th place as it takes longer and more work to get that #1 spot.

If most of the suggestions I've stated were to be standard for Tek-Lounge then I'd definatelly be a regular goer every 2 weeks or whenever you guys have it, and Im sure many other people would start showing up too.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
It might take awhile for people to recognize the place, as this is small town naples not orlando or miami, but with time the attendance should increase with trust, just look at the naples play-n-trade tournies. They've had turnouts of 40 or so ppl which amazes me.
I didnt know there was a ply n trade in naples, when was the last tourney, and when is the upcoming one, if there is a thread for it can someone please send the link.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
well the play-n-trade is right by the best buy in naples but the brawl tournies are pretty much just out of the blue every 3-4 months or so? The last brawl tourney at PnT was on Nov 1st but yeah... shouldnt expect one till January at the earliest unfortunately =/. There is no thread of it but you can ask the people that work there when they plan to have their next one. They probally wont have a date for you right now as the last one was just last month, but who knows maybe they have a date...

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I didnt know there was a ply n trade in naples, when was the last tourney, and when is the upcoming one, if there is a thread for it can someone please send the link.
well the play-n-trade is right by the best buy in naples but the brawl tournies are pretty much just out of the blue every 3-4 months or so? The last brawl tourney at PnT was on Nov 1st but yeah... shouldnt expect one till January at the earliest unfortunately =/. There is no thread of it but you can ask the people that work there when they plan to have their next one. They probally wont have a date for you right now as the last one was just last month, but who knows maybe they have a date...
Last tournament I talked to the manager about this, said they go through a cycle of 6 games I think it was. Games can be added or taken off depending on attendance size at the respective game's tournaments and the potential popularity of a game (ie: Halo 3 > Tetris). Once each of the 6 games has had a tournament once, the cycle starts over.

At the moment, there's no upcoming Brawl tournament for the Naples PNT for 2008. Question is whether the cycle of games will be reset or it will transition over from 2008. Either way, I'd guess the next Brawl tourney there would be between February and April, but don't hold me to my word.

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
okay so I stopped by yesterday, they pretty much said that they want to run this first tourny the way it is, and then from there they'll be more open to suggestion. It's 20$ for singles and 35$ for both singles and doubles, so two people entering playing in both will cost 70$ total (40$ for 2 singles entries and $30 for the team entry) Also, I was previously being paid very minimally to advertise these tourneys, basically get the info out there to you guys, but I have decided to decline advertising this as a job and now I'm just doing it for fun. If Andrew does the same you're looking at possibly another 40$ added to the pot. Although at the smaller tourneys it would only be around 16$..

@DewDaDash
that tourney you went to had a total entry of 45$? I'd say that's a bit expensive.. especially with a turn out of 90 people, what was first place winning 1000$+?

@JSSN
don't get excited for the play n' trade tourneys here, i'll list the pros and cons..

+lots of tvs
+tourneys don't take very long
+ten dollar gift cards if you bring in a wii

-tvs are small
-no chairs. You can bring your own but if you don't you're standing.
-they use unofficial rules. (4 stock, best of 1, no counterpicks, no character changes throughout the whole tourney, map has to be neutral, counterpicking maps is impossible)
-you only win store credit
-if you win store credit, their games are all overpriced anyway
-chances are you'll lose your controller at one point and have to argue with an employee about using some other kids "Pelican" controller.

@ DewDaDash again
I know you won a play and trade tourney...two of them maybe, but seriously we all know those tourneys aren't that great, if tek lounge was a video game store they could run the same thing. The biggest complaint we've ever gotten is that tek lounge doesn't give cash, well now they give cash, so I really think we need to take this one step at a time. You guys got sick of the play and trade gift cards so we went visa, visa to cash, and small fees with low prizes, to higher fees with bigger prizes. As you can see tek lounge has always changed it's ways to benefit the player, so over time i'm sure it will continue to do so. The set up has changed, we have three tvs in the front of the store and possibly an optional extra tv in the back however i cannot confirm this till a later date. So no, you won't be cramped as you were in the single TL tourney you've attended..or was it two?

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
i've been really busy lately with varsity wrestling and maintaining weight and what not and i deeply apologize. I haven't been part of any of these negotiations with the store, or Zach for that matter. I am fully opposed to a winner take all set up and i'll take that up with my co-host and the owner. i assure you the most important thing to me is the players interests and for that reason, i'm taking all of your suggestions into consideration. I havent even been to the remodeled tek lounge yet though so i'm definately out of the loop. I apologize for my absence and I will discuss this with Zach, also with all the prize suggestions coming in i'd like to remind all of you that we're still open to editing the rules and stages. any questions get at me at bollixandrew on aim or here on boards.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Cant this just be held like a normal tournament? how hard is it, they will still make money. but as i said earlier if Tek Lounge splits the money with someone else that is advertising for them or its pretty much hosting the hole thing then no wonder they dont wanna do it like they are supposed to. Someone from down there that loves the game and doesnt care about making money just having fun should talk to the owner and tell him that he can take 100% profit of entree fees or %, how ever you wana do it; that way tek lounge actually sees a good ammount of income.

$35 dollars for both events its not that bad, but the priZes are ****, and guys say how u feel about it cuz seriouslly i dont think that all of you want to go to a $35 dollar tournament were only 1st place gets a priZe.

-!-

Smash Lord
okay so I stopped by yesterday, they pretty much said that they want to run this first tourney the way it is, and then from there they'll be more open to suggestion.

@JSSN
don't get excited for the play n' trade tourneys here
well at least the Pot **** isn't as big as I thought it was (though the difference isn't to big) but still making a profit of roughly 57% is insane, I've been to a few tourneys but never have I seen a place running it like TekLounge... maybe they just want things to run like this for the first tourney to get some money back from all the money invested in the "NEW" TekLounge??? but then again it's always kinda been like this anyways... I don't mind paying $35 for both singles and doubles although if I do enter doubles, I'll only be doing it with ****** so that we have a chance of winning, if there's no chance then no need to waste money... Singles is a for sure for me...

playNtrade Tourneys are always fun specially cuz of the turn out of up to 50 players, it's not that bad but with laggy tvs, it makes a hard to give it out your best... they don't even accept components cables cuz they want things to be "fair" and with sucky rules then it's almost a waste of money...

i've been really busy lately with varsity wrestling and maintaining weight and what not and i deeply apologize. I haven't been part of any of these negotiations with the store, or Zach for that matter. I am fully opposed to a winner take all set up and i'll take that up with my co-host and the owner. i assure you the most important thing to me is the players interests and for that reason, i'm taking all of your suggestions into consideration. I havent even been to the remodeled tek lounge yet though so i'm definately out of the loop. I apologize for my absence and I will discuss this with Zach, also with all the prize suggestions coming in i'd like to remind all of you that we're still open to editing the rules and stages. any questions get at me at bollixandrew on aim or here on boards.
good to hear you'll be back in action, with you and Zach together it should look better from now on.

Cant this just be held like a normal tournament?

$35 dollars for both events its not that bad, but the priZes are ****, and guys say how u feel about it cuz seriouslly i dont think that all of you want to go to a $35 dollar tournament were only 1st place gets a priZe.
as everyone keeps saying this, TekLounge should just charge us for the venue... anywhere from $5 (standard) to $10... though places that charge $10 for venue fee are those that get turnouts of over 70 players so it makes sense for the jump hence c3, and Brawl wars but that was cut down to $5 cuz of the low attendance... just like I said before, both you Andrew and Zach should be dealing with TekLounge for the Venue fee and that is all!!! the fees for singles and doubles should be decided by us players, as well as prizes which should go up to 3rd place imo but yea for a place like TekLounge $5 is just about right for a fee but the way they are acting is most likely they will want to make more which in the end it screws us players (present)

I wanna add too that if things don't go for the better in TekLounge, I'll be following ihatemybrothers footsteps... and that is making a house tourney... I was just talking about it with my crew and though my place isn't as fancy as nickys friends house, it has the space to have a decent size tourney... the only tournaments that happen around this area is just TLs, pNt (which is like every three to four months) and recently ihatemybrothers... the only good and fair tourney out of all of them is ihatemybrothers, it ran far better and there was no pot ****... prizes where good plus though the turnout wasn't as big as I expected, it was still a decent size tourney... nonetheless I am willing to follow ihatemybrothers footsteps and making a better playground in this area...

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
I wanna add too that if things don't go for the better in TekLounge, I'll be following ihatemybrothers footsteps... and that is making a house tourney... I was just talking about it with my crew and though my place isn't as fancy as nickys friends house, it has the space to have a decent size tourney... the only tournaments that happen around this area is just TLs, pNt (which is like every three to four months) and recently ihatemybrothers... the only good and fair tourney out of all of them is ihatemybrothers, it ran far better and there was no pot ****... prizes where good plus though the turnout wasn't as big as I expected, it was still a decent size tourney... nonetheless I am willing to follow ihatemybrothers footsteps and making a better playground in this area...
I just went to a house tournament in pensacola, it had a bout 18 people not too many but still a descent amount, it was 100% of the pot to the players and he even bought chips and soda, for everyone that wanted a snack. That turn out awesome.

1ST place = took $117.00 (65%)
2nd place = $45 (25%)
3rd place = $18 (10%)

Anyways if you want to do this i'm more than happy to help you with 2 tvs and 2 wiis, and i will bring 2 liter sodas for everyone , and someone else can put down the chips =-) .... this way everyone is happy , they all have fun. and the pot % is hUGE. And we dont have to worry about any house fee, or POT ****.

Consider this idea, unfortunatly i cannot host this at my place or else i would deff do it.

By the way im uploading the videos of this tournament right now, but im using my mac so im dowloading some programs that i need to convert .vob to .avi

As soon as the videos are up ill let you know Mixcoatl ..

-!-

Smash Lord
No i use jigglypuff, and captain falcon. But mostly jigglypuff.
YaY a Jiggypuff user! when you come down here we gotta do some friendlies with my Kirby, a battle of puffs lol

By the way im uploading the videos of this tournament right now, but im using my mac so im dowloading some programs that i need to convert .vob to .avi

As soon as the videos are up ill let you know Mixcoatl ..
thanks for those videos, I can't wait to see them! and I'll keep in mind your offer, though I don't know if you'll be around when it happens, you're staying till the 4th right??? and since there's a few tourneys one after anoher... TekLounge, then gigs, ihatemybrothers, seibriks and then brawl wars III I was thinking if I host one it'll prob be early February or march latest...

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
Although I love tek lounge's establishment, i'll admit..house tourneys are the way to do it. There is zero pot **** and usually good or at least different turnout in players. I loved nicky's tourney minus Tory rippiing the cord out of the wall during one of my 2v2 matches lol xD

@M!X i would be happy to help you set up a house tourney in any possible way, I'd be happy to donate food and/or drink, candy, supplies, etc. I believe food should be free at a house tourney, just either (1) limited to a "per person" status or in (2) everyone brings one thing as part of an extra entrance fee sort of thing, that way there will be a variety of snacks for everyone to enjoy, plus it would only cost an extra 1-3 dollars :) Also, I think doing your tourney after Brawl Wars 3, gigs, and seibriks tournies would benefit your attendence since you'll meet new players and we all know you're a good guy who could easily pull in some good competition to our little Naples branch of the Smash scene!

@Jssn
that's impressive man, i'm looking forward to playing against you!

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
@Jssn
that's messed up man! haha well then i'm putting a new rule into play, it's called "Zach's annoyance with Pit's voice track rule" it means that I get to mute the TV while playing Pit! His battle "screams" are a threat to my sanity xD

-!-

Smash Lord
Although I love tek lounge's establishment, i'll admit..house tourneys are the way to do it. There is zero pot **** and usually good or at least different turnout in players. I loved nicky's tourney minus Tory rippiing the cord out of the wall during one of my 2v2 matches lol xD

@M!X i would be happy to help you set up a house tourney in any possible way, I'd be happy to donate food and/or drink, candy, supplies, etc. I believe food should be free at a house tourney, just either (1) limited to a "per person" status or in (2) everyone brings one thing as part of an extra entrance fee sort of thing, that way there will be a variety of snacks for everyone to enjoy, plus it would only cost an extra 1-3 dollars :) Also, I think doing your tourney after Brawl Wars 3, gigs, and seibriks tournies would benefit your attendence since you'll meet new players and we all know you're a good guy who could easily pull in some good competition to our little Naples branch of the Smash scene!

@Jssn
that's impressive man, i'm looking forward to playing against you!
**** I was there when Tory pulled the power cable out of the W!! on accident lol it was funny seeing you guys hurting each other and tryng to make it as close as possible before the game went out

Thanks for offering your help and yea I think I should do it after Brawl Wars, I could get people to come to Naples and help out this area to grow more... so Jssn the last day you'll be in Naples is on the 4th right???

when is ihatemybrothers tourney???
I belive ihatemybrother said hes planning on making it on January 3rd or 4th

@Jssn
that's messed up man! haha well then i'm putting a new rule into play, it's called "Zach's annoyance with Pit's voice track rule" it means that I get to mute the TV while playing Pit! His battle "screams" are a threat to my sanity xD
lol I really thought you played Jigg though I should of noticed you didn't ment it since you added C. Falcon... still Jiggs are fun to play against... I should start playing Jigg and show all of you she aint that bad >.<

I haven't played a good Pit since my friend Falco mained him a while back... things are looking more appealing now hehehe

Top Bottom