• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tek Lounge, Naples Bi-weekly Turny

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I was wondering why I wasn't getting a subscription update on this thread. I never posted here. XD

Anyway, one thing at a time:

@HunterSFL: Where's your location normally? SWFL? SE? Just curious is all.

@Gingerr: Glad you liked it :) Feel free to pop in this Saturday.

@spider sense: We get that a lot haha...

@UpTown: rofl. "BULL****!!". Also, whatever happened to FFAs?

@anyone who can read: Tek Lounge is really our only place to Brawl at the moment in terms of Naples and even SWFL really. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I've personally just had bad luck when it comes to getting a location. My parents won't let me host tournaments. I've checked in with three different locations over the past year and a half or so, and each one has failed me. One was robbed and ultimately closed/canceled (the night before the tournament. Let me tell you how much fun that was...), one just refused entirely, and the third that I've just checked with is, like, $200 for an even decent sized tournament.
We don't meet outside of the Lounge, although I'd really dig it if we did more often, be it at Tek Lounge or someone's place or whatever. Our basic outlets are through TLounge and the occasional PNT tourney. We're like the "other" child compared to the rest of the state. It really is a shame. At the very least I'll be getting a car soon and will hopefully be able to go down to Gigabits again and just be able to travel more. I'm totally willing to boost up SWFL in any way if there are methods to do so. I just don't have the methods myself.

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering why I wasn't getting a subscription update on this thread. I never posted here. XD

Anyway, one thing at a time:

@HunterSFL: Where's your location normally? SWFL? SE? Just curious is all.

@Gingerr: Glad you liked it :) Feel free to pop in this Saturday.

@spider sense: We get that a lot haha...

@UpTown: rofl. "BULL****!!". Also, whatever happened to FFAs?

@anyone who can read: Tek Lounge is really our only place to Brawl at the moment in terms of Naples and even SWFL really. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I've personally just had bad luck when it comes to getting a location. My parents won't let me host tournaments. I've checked in with three different locations over the past year and a half or so, and each one has failed me. One was robbed and ultimately closed/canceled (the night before the tournament. Let me tell you how much fun that was...), one just refused entirely, and the third that I've just checked with is, like, $200 for an even decent sized tournament.
We don't meet outside of the Lounge, although I'd really dig it if we did more often, be it at Tek Lounge or someone's place or whatever. Our basic outlets are through TLounge and the occasional PNT tourney. We're like the "other" child compared to the rest of the state. It really is a shame. At the very least I'll be getting a car soon and will hopefully be able to go down to Gigabits again and just be able to travel more. I'm totally willing to boost up SWFL in any way if there are methods to do so. I just don't have the methods myself.

whats bull****?
oh tryin to be staganelli in this piece?

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Haha, just remember to upload the tournament results to Aib so I can get my singles medal and you can get your doubles medal.

TekLounge

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. I decided to come to this site and see what kind of feedback the smash community had about the tournaments that are being held at Tek. The main concern I see are the prizes. The organizers have been working with me to come up with a good system working around the problems that have come up. The main thing holding us back from giving away cash prizes are the gambling laws. When this was brought up to us we decided on Visa gift cards instead of gift certificates to Play-N-Trade.

As far as our facilities go, we have 2 projectors(I have not had any complaints about lag so far on these, we take pride in our gaming setups), a big screen projection TV, and a Plasma TV that can all have Wii's hooked up to. We have 1 Wii on site, one of the organizers has a Wii on hand, and I have another Wii about 5 minutes away. We are fully capable of handing a large capacity of people. I will be posting pictures of all of this soon so keep a look out.

As far as us being greedy, I am open to any suggestions and anyone that has met me will tell you I am a pretty open and strait forward guy. I am willing to sit down with anyone(weekends would be best, I just need a heads up) to talk about anything. I understand that every gaming community is different and what works with one won't work with another. Right now, Andrew(I don't know who's who on the boards yet, lol) is my link to the smash community so if you guys have anything, bring it to him. If that's not working or getting the results you want, then you can come to me directly.

Hokay, now all that being said, I met HunterSFL and Gingerr(if you guys are the 2 I met a week and a half ago :p ) and they're some cool people. They had some great ideas and played some Smash with my brother for a while. He had good things to say about you guys. I hope you 2 make it out more often and give me more feedback. :)

Maybe we can organize a night or 2 a month that no tournaments are going on anywhere where Smash players could meet up and hang out. There's a Cici's pizza and Jason's deli in the same plaza as us (as well as a local bar for those of you of age) as well as a Wendy's across the street. I would love to get to know all of you better.

Big post, I know, but "Cest la vie" :p

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
oh, and enough of this incentive crap for playing a videogame, if you win, you get a prize, it might not be the biggest prize ever, but this isn't FAST so you can't expect something like that, you shouldn't need videogame tournaments to pay for gas and food if you're old enough that you support yourself. You should have a job for that. I'm so sick of people posting on here acting like it's a chore to come out and play smash for a few hours. It's supposed to be fun, the "regulars" : myself, andrew, e-dogg, nicky, phil, and chrono always have a great time, and last tourney cici's gave us all of their left over food for free at 11 closing, so randomness and joy tends to happen xD

but seriously guys, i know there's a way big brawl community here than what there appears to be, if you have contact with any of the guys from the melee tournament (and later on the brawl tourney) that had a turn out of about 20ish, do us a favor and contact them.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Well the out of towners aren't going to spend 50 dollars on gas for a chance to win a 50$ Visa gift card, it just doesn't make sense. But as for people that are in Naples, I see no reason for you not to come. Sure you can ***** about the prizes, but complaining and doing jack-**** doesn't accomplish anything. At least appreciate the effort these guys are putting in to organize this. Naples needs to come together as a community, and I see now better place to start than the Tech-Lounge. We may outgrow it in due time, but noone is gonna host a "big" tournament in Naples, based on the attendee we get at the Tech Lounge. Even just come for one tournament, familiarize yourself with us so we can see how strong the community is.

I've always wanted to host a 40+ tournament at my house, but there's no reason for me to start speculation when attendance has been so poor. So come to a tournament, Join our AiB group, Naples needs to come together so we need a centralized place to communicate.

Here's the group:

http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=2224

AWW ****, now I look like a hypocrite...
Sorry Andrew, I can't go today... ****!!!!

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Use the edit button Andrew you Postcount-hoar.

Nothings gonna change that '08 join date.

XD

U know I love you man. (Just stay off my nipples)

Oh, and I'm make a pre-john- " I'm gonna be extremely tired because I have homecoming the night before."

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
Use the edit button Andrew you Postcount-hoar.

Nothings gonna change that '08 join date.

XD

U know I love you man. (Just stay off my nipples)

Oh, and I'm make a pre-john- " I'm gonna be extremely tired because I have homecoming the night before."
you better be getting ***** if not then go home and get a good night sleep cause tomorow we gotta prove ourselves ha

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Alright cool!

I have a 75% chance of making it then. Theres a showcase in Sarasota I might have to pitch at but right now it looks like I'll be free.

-!-

Smash Lord
I'll be going as usual o.O with V-tec, Emo^Wolf prob., ESKMO... Falco might not make it >.< but I'm looking forward to this one, should be a better turnout then last times, maybe we can reach 20 people for once hehehe

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Yea, Andrew, you need to seriously consider making a flyer and posting it maybe at Edison and Gulf Coast University because I heard there were some brawlers we're missing out on.

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
Yea, Andrew, you need to seriously consider making a flyer and posting it maybe at Edison and Gulf Coast University because I heard there were some brawlers we're missing out on.
yea i've spoken to heromystic and we're hoping for him to come out along with 8 friends.

-!-

Smash Lord
yea i've spoken to heromystic and we're hoping for him to come out along with 8 friends.
if he does show up with them, with the usual people that'll be over 20 o.O it's a decent number ^.^ can't wait for this Sunday, should be challenging ^.<

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
Results for Nov. 9th

1v1
1st: ******-ROB
2nd: Gordo-Metaknight
3rd: Abscent-Diddy Kong
4th: HeroMystic-MARIO!
5th: Kevin Garcia-Falco
5th V*Tec-Game and Watch
7th: Emo Wolf-Wolf/Game and Watch
7th: ViciousDelicious
9th: Anthony
9th: M!xCoatl-Snake
9th: Zach-Metaknight
9th Edgar's sub?
13th:Volta-Marth/Ness
13th:Chrono-Pit/Pikachu
13th:Remi
13th: Gene

2v2
1st:Rob!x- Eskmo + M!x
2nd: Team Reem- Gordo + Volta
3rd: No Skill- HeroMystic + Abscent
4th: Geva- Emo Wolf + Kevin Garcia
5th: Ms13- Edgar + V*Tec
5th: 2 of a kind- Chrono + Ditzy
7th: Remi + Anthony
7th: Zach + CPU
9th: Randoms- VD + Gene

gg's

open to suggestions for next tourney! just drop a line here.

-!-

Smash Lord
Results for Nov. 9th

open to suggestions for next tourney! just drop a line here.
I suck lol weekly Tourneys anyone??? I need major practice for when my crew goes to Gigz o.O it'll be good for anyone that's interested in going to that tourney on Dec. 6 I believe... anyone Gigz???

but next time we gotta hit 20 people damm it >.<

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I can't do weeklies. Not enough money to go that consistently.

I'll PM Uptown with my suggestions.

-!-

Smash Lord
Lolz, sorry guys, my brother and I would have made 20...
Its just that I've lost my brawl disk and its sad... :(
damm it >.< hope you find it quick o.O

We gotta hit twenty next time o.O but for real this time lol

btw any plans for another Ca$h Tourney???

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Yea, about the next Ca$h tourny, I gotta talk to my ginger friend to see the next time he's available for it.
I'm looking forward to hosting another one and having it more organized and efficient than last time. And we will only bake cookies again if we get at least 20 requests for them. XD

And doubles at the Ca$h tourny last time was sooo much fun. My body went into shock when I made that comeback in game 2 lol, but you guys took the set so it didn't matter.

And EmoWolf, my brother and I are gonna go double captain falcon again on your team, but this time we're gonna win, lulz.

-!-

Smash Lord
Yea, about the next Ca$h tourny, I gotta talk to my ginger friend to see the next time he's available for it.
I'm looking forward to hosting another one and having it more organized and efficient than last time. And we will only bake cookies again if we get at least 20 requests for them. XD

And doubles at the Ca$h tourny last time was sooo much fun. My body went into shock when I made that comeback in game 2 lol, but you guys took the set so it didn't matter.

And EmoWolf, my brother and I are gonna go double captain falcon again on your team, but this time we're gonna win, lulz.
Nice, looking forward to the next time, hopefully soon ^.^ need lots of practice, and I'm the first one to request those baked cookies, I'll prob get like 4 bags or something o.O hehehe

yea doubles was really fun specially playing against you too, would be cool if we get to fight you agin ^.<

Double Captain Falcon O.O didn't saw that one >.< hehehe

-!-

Smash Lord
Well if things run more smoothly and end on time, then we can do crew battles.
No offense but last time it was kinda the same, one of the reasons why me and the rest of the crew went was for Crew battles o.O and then after your brother told us there won't be any after getting there :urg: you said maybe in the end and nothing happened, we where litterly kicked out after being told we could stay for a while but it depended if you guys wanted to stay wich was a no from the start :ohwell: if things run smoothly and everything is well organized then there shouldn't be any johns of not having them right???
:)
Looking forward to it regardless of crew battles since we'll have at least 20 there for sure o.O
:laugh:
Need lots of practice, I suck :(

Top Bottom