• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tek Lounge, Naples Bi-weekly Turny

-!-

Smash Lord
Thanks for the link, the match was good... you easily beat Dan! so it was just a best out of three for Grand Finals then?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Alright, on the December 21st, we've got three people coming from Cape Coral.

I main Dededee, one mains Snake, and the other isn't dedicated yet.

-!-

Smash Lord
Alright, on the December 21st, we've got three people coming from Cape Coral.

I main Dededee, one mains Snake, and the other isn't dedicated yet.
Yay another Snake user this should be fun and DDD... this is starting to get really interesting, can't wait for this ^.^

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
lol then well have like 5 MKs with him o.O
I love it though, that is my favorite match up. I've gotten destroyed by so many metaknight spammers that right now i like it.
PIt vs MEtaknight is my favorite match up. its like 70%/30% for me they all just spamm their moves i spam arrows and time their moves properly so i can grab him and punish him...

-!-

Smash Lord
I love it though, that is my favorite match up. I've gotten destroyed by so many metaknight spammers that right now i like it.
PIt vs MEtaknight is my favorite match up. its like 70%/30% for me they all just spamm their moves i spam arrows and time their moves properly so i can grab him and punish him...
lol, well I play snake and usually I do really good against them.. or I barely win.. but theyre really fun to play against since everyone thinks hes like THE best character over all so proving that hes not super broken is extra fun!!!

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
lol, well I play snake and usually I do really good against them.. or I barely win.. but theyre really fun to play against since everyone thinks hes like THE best character over all so proving that hes not super broken is extra fun!!!
metaknight is broken. But he is not unbeatable.
there is no delay between any of his moves, his priority is above anyone elses... but at the same time he is beatable... you've got to outplay him.

i have more trouble against snakes, Marths and R.O.Bs than metaknights..

-!-

Smash Lord
metaknight is broken. But he is not unbeatable.
there is no delay between any of his moves, his priority is above anyone elses... but at the same time he is beatable... you've got to outplay him.

i have more trouble against snakes, Marths and R.O.Bs than metaknights..
yea, MK is broken but like you said.. if you play your cards right one can deff win against an MK... I personally have troubles with marths.. but ive learn how to do a little better... R.O.B.s are a little hard too but when i get momentum then its a good win... a really good DDD is a pain in the ***... its obvious that DDD has the advantage over snake... but I just want to be a Snake user that only uses Snake and nothing else, I love the Metal Gear Franchise and that's pretty much why i got Brawl, so I gotta represent lol So I have to become the best Snake in Florida at least, though I got lots of ground to cover >.<

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
yea, MK is broken but like you said.. if you play your cards right one can deff win against an MK... I personally have troubles with marths.. but ive learn how to do a little better... R.O.B.s are a little hard too but when i get momentum then its a good win... a really good DDD is a pain in the ***... its obvious that DDD has the advantage over snake... but I just want to be a Snake user that only uses Snake and nothing else, I love the Metal Gear Franchise and that's pretty much why i got Brawl, so I gotta represent lol So I have to become the best Snake in Florida at least, though I got lots of ground to cover >.<
Yup you do theres tons of good snakes in florida, but talking about the character itself it is an ***, specially to a pit player, alot of people might just see pit a spammer, and you know what we have to be. Against a Snake there is no close range game between pIT and Snake... pit will be destroyed... it is really challenging to defeat a snake without tryng to load up the %. and also a Marth because of the range of all his moves, it out ranges pit horribly.

Metal Gear is such a great game.. i don't think i would have gotten the game because of snake, but i gotta say i didnt have a wii, prior to brawl.... as soon as it came out i bought the wii, with the game. BRAWL is the only wii game i own.... xD

-!-

Smash Lord
Yup you do theres tons of good snakes in florida, but talking about the character itself it is an ***, specially to a pit player, alot of people might just see pit a spammer, and you know what we have to be. Against a Snake there is no close range game between pIT and Snake... pit will be destroyed... it is really challenging to defeat a snake without tryng to load up the %. and also a Marth because of the range of all his moves, it out ranges pit horribly.

Metal Gear is such a great game.. i don't think i would have gotten the game because of snake, but i gotta say i didnt have a wii, prior to brawl.... as soon as it came out i bought the wii, with the game. BRAWL is the only wii game i own.... xD
yea most people sees Pit as a spammer, and I do understand that you gotta do what you have to do to win... there's nothing else to it... and other people get pissed at characters such as Falco, DDD, G&W, and IC too.. cuz how cheap they are.. but you gottta use what you have to your advantage that is it... I'm actually glad that you would be using the style I had in mind you would... cuz like you said... pit and snake in close range would be a loss for Pit so best chances are a long range fight.. and camping on the edge and waiting for openings... this is making me all excited to fight a good Pit, it would be a new experience with your style in a way... so im looking forward in meetting you at some point in the tourney if not friendlies

I have like 4 or 5 games but in the end I only play Brawl lol it's just too good and fun with friends

B_AWAL

Smash Master
BTW JSSN's Pit is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLZ JSSN :-p We gonna whip *** at the tourney on SAT!!! I hope u do well on ya test in 2 hours lol!!!

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
BTW JSSN's Pit is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLZ JSSN :-p We gonna whip *** at the tourney on SAT!!! I hope u do well on ya test in 2 hours lol!!!
yea right, *****. Maybe if you guys would have let me study yesterday i will probably do good. instead i brawled..... but either way the guy next to me in class allways studies and gets an A, everytime he walks in with 60 note cards in his hands, he puts a smile on ma face... :D

B_AWAL

Smash Master
yea right, *****. Maybe if you guys would have let me study yesterday i will probably do good. instead i brawled..... but either way the guy next to me in class allways studies and gets an A, everytime he walks in with 60 note cards in his hands, he puts a smile on ma face... :D
I mean........ I was studying........ Idk about U lolz!!!! But seriously!!! I hope u do well on ur test!!!

-!-

Smash Lord
So I'm wondering if by any chance you guys (Gordo and Volta) have talked to TekLounge about the whole "deal" sorry that I'm being impatient but I just want to know if things are gonna be for the better or what, and by what Volta said, TL is planning on leaving those fees that way it is at least for the first "NEW" TekLounge Tourney so that's making me think, think a LOT!!! so here's my thoughts...

I am thinking of making my house tournament sooner then expected, and I believe it's for a good cause I'm doing all of this... and I hope you all understand... to the few people that actually bother to look in this thread, well this is what I'm thinking...

The Date for my Tourney would be on Dec 21st, yes the same date as TekLounge!!! so keep reading please, I have talk to my crew as I said before and my place should be able to have a decent size tourney, maybe up to 30 people perhaps... This is the List of people I know for sure will support my Tourney over TekLounge's:

01. M!Xcoatl (Me obviously)
02. SheikSSBM (Chris a.k.a. Luigi -working on getting the day off just for this occasion-)
03. Emo^Wolf (my youngest brother)
04. Falco (Danny)
05. ****** (a.k.a. R.O.B. or just Richy)
06. DewDaDash (Andrew)
07. VTec (my oldest brother)
08. Slash Da Smash (Kevin)
09. Zach (Not Volta)
10. Edgar

I have a strong feeling that smashers such as Vicious Delicious, ihatemybrother, Jssn and possibly his friends, just to mention a few, will most likely come to my place for this to happen instead of TL... with this in mind and the fact that I can get help from friends to put up fliers on schools and I know people that know some smashers that might be interested in this, not to mention the thread I'll make might bring a few smashers into the playground... were looking at a turnout of at least 15 to up to 26 or more... I know this is out of nowhere and I would of liked this to have at least a month of ahead time, the thread might not bring lots of smashers since its around the corner pretty much... but this can have a decent attendance and in a way, TekLounge will understand (Hopefully) that Smashers are gonna go to places that are fair to them, my goal here is to pretty much leave TekLounge with no attendance at all for the 21st... maybe then they can realize that they could ether have the place running and make some money or have the place running and not make any money at all.... I mean it's common sense, they're ****** the pot big time, and the more we go the more they have control of the way things are gonna run... So I just want to know who is with me on this one, as a community we gotta look over each other... and if no one out there is gonna give a fair playground for us to play in then I'm willing to give that playground for us Smashers!!!

This is my set up btw, I talk with my brother (owner of the house) and he is cool with me doing this, so there WON'T BE ANY DOOR FEE AT ALL!!! and this is the fees individually for both tournaments:

Singles: $15 (it can be lowered to $10 if demanded)
Payout will be either one of this choices:
A. 1st 70% / 2nd 20% / 3rd 10%
B. 1st 60% / 2nd 30% / 3rd 10%

Doubles: $10 each ($20 Total)
Payout: 1st 60% / 2nd 30% / 3rd 10%

As you can tell 100% OF THE POT IS GOING TO THE PLAYERS SO THERE'S NO POT ****!!!

I haven't look into rules for this but it should be sorta the same as TL's Rules with just some modifications, one thing though is that the starters will be the big 5 Neutrals and those are this:

Final Destination
Battlefield
SmashVille
Yoshi's Island
Lylat cruise

If people demand for Lylat to be removed I'll gladly do it but Yoshi would be going as well for the sorta same reason if you think about it... anyways IF this is set, there will be a thread with everything you need to know about this and any questions will be answer and all suggestions are welcomed!!!

I am really confident that this will run smooth, it would be my first time hosting this so I'll be giving it my best to make it a perfect playground, the TV/w!! set ups are gonna be anywhere from at least 3 to 6... so things won't take for ever...

Also I always want to do CREW Battles so since I'm the host, I'm willing to make a tournament of Crews as long as there's a couple that are willing to Join it if not just regular Crew vs Crew, this would be the set up:

Crew of 4 gets 5 Stocks per Member
Crew of 5 gets 4 Stocks per Member

$25 Per Crew and Winner takes ALL!!!

also I'll be Recording the most matches I can so they'll be going to YouTube maybe even MMs

So there you have it guys, I hope most of you see it my way and decide to support my Tournament over TL's... I know for some this may be a farther trip, maybe for some a closer trip since I live in Golden Gate Estates but hey look at the bright side, Prizes will go up to 3rd place and are gonna be fair with no OVER 50% OF PROFIT MADE BY THE VENUE BS!!! and if you pay attention the people that are willing to go to my tourney instead of TL's is a third or more of the total attendance that they usually get so if you end up going to TL on the 21st then chances are the turnout will be as good as the first couple of times they had it... 5 or 6 people...

I hope I'm not making a fool out of myself but I can't stand the place giving us bad deals and all we can do is just take them as they come cuz there's no other place to go, so it's you're choice now if you want things to change in our area, either help me out to build a better place along Smashers like ihatemybrother... or keep on feeding places like TekLounge that just **** the pot and we get nothing less then ****ty Prizes for ONLY 1st place...

So anyone That is interested in coming to my tourney post away, message, just let me know so I can get a list of people who will Deff. Come to My Tourney... lets make this happen guys!!!

Ohh and sorry for the BIG ASSS POST Really late at night but had to be done lol I work till late at Night so yea, I should add that I spill 5 Gallons of water in my kitchen and broke a cup of glass when I was almost done with this post, and it was all for you guys lol funny thing is that after 40 minutes of mopping >.> for some reason I only got like 2 gallons out of 5 O.O I'm gonna get killed in the morning >.<

+++M!Xcoatl+++
+++L!X+++
+++TOTAL DECIMATION CREW+++

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
I COMPLETLY support your tourny on the 21st, as i mentioned before i will make a flyer for this in the next two days, i can bring up to 2 wiis and 2 tvs if we need them. And if this is the case i will be showing up with 3 more of my friends, so it will be 4 of us:

Jasson (JSSN)
Ronald (RON)
Dan (<-Go->)
Adhemir (Ade-1)

Consider changing the pot to 65/25/10

i know its just a little change but 2nd place should get a little more... if you need help with the rules check our tourny up here in tallahassee, read the thread the rules and use it as an idea, you can allways change what ever you want since its your house and your tournament. Its your rules.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205950

By da way keep Neutral Stages as they are, dont bann lylat, thats y its neutral, and thats y there is a banning system... if they dont like lylat they can bann it. Up here we have a big issue because of that, we dont have lylat as a neutral stage and people were complaining alot, so what we decided to do was to leave it as how we decided 1st, and before the match starts ask the players if they dont care, if they do then just active lylat for that match.... its allways up to the two players who are playing each other, they have the last word, if both of them agree, if not then tournament rules will be applied and lylat will be banned.

I SUPPORT THIS 1,000 % , I'm gona see if i can get more people to show to this.

TEK LOUNGE no more!

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for 2ble post, but once you have the flyer and the rules all set up. I suggest you make a new thread for it. I will make a flyer according to my previous information that i have for my tournaments, but as soon as you tell me to change something i will. i think i can have this done in 30 min. BRB

Jssn

Smash Journeyman

Let me know the information i need to put in there, this is a Draft of the final flyer, as i said once we have all this done you should post a new thread, this gotta be as quick as posible cuz u got 10 days before your tourny.

-!-

Smash Lord
Sorry for 2ble post, but once you have the flyer and the rules all set up. I suggest you make a new thread for it. I will make a flyer according to my previous information that i have for my tournaments, but as soon as you tell me to change something i will. i think i can have this done in 30 min. BRB
Thanks for supporting my Tourney, Glad to hear you and your friend will be on board with me... I will be making the Tourney Thread after work, Gotta have everything perfect and look at rules and so on and I'll be heading to work soon so as soon as I get home (10:30-11:00) I'll start on that thread and give you all the Link... Can't wait for this to happen and I have strong feelings that tell me this will be a good Turnout even though its around the corner, Jssn Thanks alot for your help with the Flyer its Awsome ^.^

I hope by the time I get back from work I get a few more smashers telling me they support my Tourney so hopefully I'll have a List of at least 16 people already signed up for when I make the Thread at night

C'mon Guys Lets make this HAPPEN!!!

+++M!X+++

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
alright guys, well i'm not going to say i'm for or against this (i am good friends with the people at tek lounge as you know), but this definetly will beat out TL's tourney, so I will be attending since honestly, this pretty much means no more tek lounge tourney. I'm all for the 65/25/10 split as requested by Jssn. I do not support banning stages though, I believe you should simply make a stage list that is acceptable and not cheap. Banning stages (in my experience) should be left to online tourneys, in real life it creates too few stages to play on, especially with the amount of allowed stages in Brawl, so please keep the stage banning to at least a single stage if not zero stages.

My other concern has to do with clans and singles. M!X I can understand changing the brackets to avoid 2v2 partners playing each other on their first match, but outside of that (seperate clan members/friends/etc.) I believe singles brackets should remain untampered, it creates far too much conflict and early in the tourney.

Lastly, If you could make a rule list I'd be happy to edit it for you, I want the rules to be apparent, because there has been conflict in the past (esp. with dewdadash's infinites on stages like corneria) that have caused problems. Thanks man!

and once again, if you need food, wiis, etc. I'm here for you so just ask!

-!-

Smash Lord
alright guys, well i'm not going to say i'm for or against this (i am good friends with the people at tek lounge as you know), but this definetly will beat out TL's tourney, so I will be attending since honestly, this pretty much means no more tek lounge tourney. I'm all for the 65/25/10 split as requested by Jssn. I do not support banning stages though, I believe you should simply make a stage list that is acceptable and not cheap. Banning stages (in my experience) should be left to online tourneys, in real life it creates too few stages to play on, especially with the amount of allowed stages in Brawl, so please keep the stage banning to at least a single stage if not zero stages.

My other concern has to do with clans and singles. M!X I can understand changing the brackets to avoid 2v2 partners playing each other on their first match, but outside of that (seperate clan members/friends/etc.) I believe singles brackets should remain untampered, it creates far too much conflict and early in the tourney.

Lastly, If you could make a rule list I'd be happy to edit it for you, I want the rules to be apparent, because there has been conflict in the past (esp. with dewdadash's infinites on stages like corneria) that have caused problems. Thanks man!

and once again, if you need food, wiis, etc. I'm here for you so just ask!
Thanks Zach, I'm sorry for any trouble I'm causing and I know your friends with the TL guys but it is what it is you know, there has to be a better playground out there and I'm willing to give it my best... I love the Venue that TL offers but the deal is bad, it's been bad and I dunnno if it will change soon, hopefully itdoes cuz I like going there myself... but yea Thanks for attending and I'm guessing you coming means Gordo will too... when I'm done with the rules etc.. ill give it to you to check it out and tell me if it's good or not, also if you or gordo or anyone else can get in cotact with Two of a kind and any other regualar smasher please let them kjnow gotta go

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
I do not support banning stages though, I believe you should simply make a stage list that is acceptable and not cheap. Banning stages (in my experience) should be left to online tourneys, in real life it creates too few stages to play on, especially with the amount of allowed stages in Brawl, so please keep the stage banning to at least a single stage if not zero stages.

!
Are you talking about neutral stages or counterpick stages??????

The 1st round should be Random (5 neutral stages), after the round is over.
The winner and the loser will bann a stage, it could be a neutral or a counterpick.
After both bann stages the loser will pick the stage he wants to go to.
After loser picked stage, the winner of the previous round will chose the character he is going to use.
Then the loser picks his character.

Thats what counter picking its all about.. its been applied on everytournamet since mellee... where you guys not doing counterpicks ? or were you hitting random all the time????

This is the tournament method, and its fair for both players. If the oponent who counterpicks won then the match will be 1-1 and the process will be applied again without banning any stages this time.

You guys use TO right????? The tournament organizer???? winners and losers brackets??

IF you need more info let me know. Im more than happy to xplain the rules. and ill do the same prior to the tournament.

JSSN

Jssn

Smash Journeyman

!

If you guys are using TO, this shouldnt be a problem when you are adding up the players, there is an option that allows you to select the people in your clan, and do the same with the others, and when you generate the bracket you hit "MAKE bracket by Crew"

You can also do it, by location, or skill lvl.

As i said if you dont use this program let me know i will be more than happy to help you.

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
@Jssn

no we know how to run the tourney lol, and we use TO don't worry, and of course we use counter picks, and we use dave's (david's) stupid rule, what i mean by stage banning is the rule implemented where before a match you can ban any 2 cp stages, for instance...luigi's mansion and rainbow cruise, but it's previous to any games play, this limits the small choice of maps by another 4 maps

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
@Jssn

no we know how to run the tourney lol, and we use TO don't worry, and of course we use counter picks, and we use dave's (david's) stupid rule, what i mean by stage banning is the rule implemented where before a match you can ban any 2 cp stages, for instance...luigi's mansion and rainbow cruise, but it's previous to any games play, this limits the small choice of maps by another 4 maps
Well i understand now, but if you guys decide to bann before the 1st match, then there shouldnt be any more banning afterwards, thats y u are ending up with 4 stages banned which is ******** xD.... i understand where you are coming from with banning stages now. But either way is fine, you can bann before or after 1st match, although people usually bann after the 1st match since you know what your oponents character is and what stage he might have an advantage over you.

And whats dave's stupid rule?

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
@Jssn

haha the banning before the first match rule was only used at nicky's tourney, at TL we just used Dave's stupid rule which is when you win a match, say on smashville, you can't choose that map anymore, however, you opponent who lost on smashville, may still pick it as a cp

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
@Jssn

haha the banning before the first match rule was only used at nicky's tourney, at TL we just used Dave's stupid rule which is when you win a match, say on smashville, you can't choose that map anymore, however, you opponent who lost on smashville, may still pick it as a cp
Thats how it is in the rules, if you win on a stage you cant go back to it. But your oponent can.
Dave is a wise man.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
sounds like a good tourney mix! ill try to see if i can make it. its kinda far out but ill try to make the trip. it looks wayyy better than TL.. you should defiinately bannn lylat for the neutralss. its a BADDDD stageeee trust mee. the otherr are better for neutralsss. teams will be good tooo. abd crewww
ChaIngrabing FAlcoo and Emo^Wolf Will RipPPPP
ReVaGGGG
POr VIDAAAA
FxCK Gay Metaknights!!! who agree with me???? no more up+B at 20%

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
sounds like a good tourney mix! ill try to see if i can make it. its kinda far out but ill try to make the trip. it looks wayyy better than TL.. you should defiinately bannn lylat for the neutralss. its a BADDDD stageeee trust mee. the otherr are better for neutralsss. teams will be good tooo. abd crewww
ChaIngrabing FAlcoo and Emo^Wolf Will RipPPPP
ReVaGGGG
POr VIDAAAA
FxCK Gay Metaknights!!! who agree with me???? no more up+B at 20%
You should deff try to make it to this tourney, its gona be big... and not to mention the pot is gona be way bigger than what they were planning on having at Tek Lounge.

Bring friends with you.....

About banning lylat i dont really care if you all want to bann it and keep it as a counter pick, its fine with me.

About metaknight, please let me kill em all... i love fighting meta knights they dont really know the basics of the game, unless they r really good, they just know their moves are faster than ours, but if they dont shield, power shield, spot dodge at the right times... then they are easy.....

besides you allready konw what to xpect... shadow loop to down smash.... after they spot dodge they are gona down smash... tornado, ugh just shield it? wait for him to land and hit him. Spam your gun if your wolf... and bring him to Yoshis ISland since the sides are small you can easily kill him at 70% if they dont DI.

Top Bottom