• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Tier List

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Olimar + Lucario

Insane quick Aura buildup anyone?(assuming TA is on)
Plus Olis Chain grab

Nicole

Smash Champion
SSS God tier:

Peach

S tier

MK

trash tier:

every other char.

trollface.jpg

(This is a silly topic.)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
dont people realize everyone is viable in teams, your partners character can agment any weakness your character has, and in doing so they become a "good team" MK + Ganon is just as viable as Pit + Luigi. As long as your partner takes on your weaknesses, the team is good, like Mk Ganon, mk makes up for ganons lack of speed and approach, and ganon adds ridiculous kill power to MK.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Not everyone is viable in teams....like I certainly don't think Ganon, Falcon, Link, and Samus are really viable in teams.

Fox and Pikachu however are the most stupidly underrated teammates at the moment. When I consider what they do best, I believe they can easily compete with the usual top tiers in terms of how utility they have in teams.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
Mk+Mk is top
Mk+any good dps is also very good, say olimar

But seriously, double mk heavily outclasses every other team.
If you don't believe me, anti m2k vs ally adhd
Those 4 players are arguably top 5 in the world, even if they're not, they're all extremely high leveled players.

Anti and m2k stomped ally and adhd.
Why? Mk is broken.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
me and anti just play teams amazingly and ADHD is a great diddy but I think he plays singles better than he plays doubles for sure. I still think MK snake is a better team on neutral stages. Even though anti and nairo can occasionally beat me and ally, a lot of the matches we win using snake MK we 5 stock them, and this has happened many times. It is because of the way the characters compliment each other and snake gets for easy kills (not to mention up throw C4 gimmicks which is why I still believe it could be the best team). When me and Ally do the double MK vs anti nairo we usually lose (although I think it is because ally's MK sucks in teams compared to his snake/compared to his MK in singles. Regardless, the difference should not be that gigantic and that can't be the only reason).

ADHD

Smash Hero
Mk+Mk is top
Mk+any good dps is also very good, say olimar

But seriously, double mk heavily outclasses every other team.
If you don't believe me, anti m2k vs ally adhd
Those 4 players are arguably top 5 in the world, even if they're not, they're all extremely high leveled players.

Anti and m2k stomped ally and adhd.
Why? Mk is broken.
Lol, that team is, but anti and mew2king are the two best double players.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
It's pretty unrealistic that such a list could exist. I dont know how many people make up the BBR, but im sure that even with their vast knowledge of the game they couldnt properly judge a total of 1444 different teams (being that there are now 38 spots on the singles tier list, correct?). It'd take years! Melee would be a little easier, 900 teams, and SSB might be plausible with 144. Plus, there are too many variables. 1444 IRL teams cant possibly exist, at least on a pro level, and the ones that do can`t all have a highly developed metagame. Given another 5-7 years it may be developed enough for speculation, but I dont believe we have enough data to go on.(of course I may be wrong, feel free to correct my casual n00b *** xD :p)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Why don't people know math?

You're counting Snake + MK and MK + Snake as two different teams Coolaid.

Shrewstur

Smash Rookie
I think Zelda+Pika is tough, Pika keeping the foe away with thunderwalls while Zelda uses Din'sFire.
MK + Jigglypuff interests me, esp. with Jigglypuff's rollout while MK keeps both foes distracted with his speedy moves.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Oh, thank you, my mistake...still, it's a whole lot of teams (I believe 744 or something close to that)

4nace

Smash Ace
Top 10 Characters in Teams in my mind:

1. MK
2. Snake
3. Wario
4. Lucario
5. DDD
6. Marth
7. Diddy
8. GnW
9. Sonic
10. ZSS

So thats my list. Lucario's aura is great at teams when teammates are able to protect him at high percentages. Wario is also pretty good at teams as he has the air mobility to easily help out a teammate without getting caught in the ****. Sonic is probably one of the best stock holders in the game if you know how to use him. And snake is still godly in teams at a high level. Don't know why people would say he is not. The only character that I don't think is good at teams that is in the top tier is Falco. His lasers and chain grab are pretty nerfed in team matches.

Honorable mentions: Olimar, Luigi and Fox are all pretty nasty in teams. Olimar and Lugi together in particular.

-4nace

Doser

Smash Ace
It's pretty unrealistic that such a list could exist. I don't know how many people make up the BBR, but im sure that even with their vast knowledge of the game they couldn't properly judge a total of 1444 different teams (being that there are now 38 spots on the singles tier list, correct?). It'd take years! Melee would be a little easier, 900 teams, and SSB might be plausible with 144. Plus, there are too many variables. 1444 IRL teams cant possibly exist, at least on a pro level, and the ones that do can`t all have a highly developed metagame. Given another 5-7 years it may be developed enough for speculation, but I don't believe we have enough data to go on.(of course I may be wrong, feel free to correct my casual n00b *** xD :p)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
you overrate BBR

they are honestly not very smart

they are normal people like you and me, maybe slightly more educated (not more educated than me though, at least not the vast majority of them). Don't hold them in such high regards. They are in fact so stupid that I quit BBR out of frustration from them (that's like 50% of my reason)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
you overrate BBR

they are honestly not very smart

they are normal people like you and me, maybe slightly more educated (not more educated than me though, at least not the vast majority of them). Don't hold them in such high regards. They are in fact so stupid that I quit BBR out of frustration from them (that's like 50% of my reason)
they are just as smart as most people but you quit because they are stupid?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They are in fact so stupid that I quit BBR out of frustration from them (that's like 50% of my reason)
Sure it wasn't because they didn't agree with your very biased opinions about MK and your poor discussion/debating skills?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I didn't say they didn't, but M2K thought it as well. I've heard the reasoning behind why people think that and I still don't agree. Different people with different opinions, ya know?

Also G&W Lucario is one of the best team out there. MK lucario is pretty **** too. Dat aura.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I didn't say they didn't, but M2K thought it as well. I've heard the reasoning behind why people think that and I still don't agree. Different people with different opinions, ya know?
Fair enough.

SunnySunny said:
Also G&W Lucario is one of the best team out there. MK lucario is pretty **** too. Dat aura.
I like MK Lucario as well.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Zelda and Meta Knight seems like a good combination. Zelda can spam Dins Fire and Meta Knight can cover her weaknesses like her bad recovery.

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
AiB's Official Doubles Tier List

S Tier
Meta Knight

A Tier
Wario
Game and Watch
Snake
Lucario
Dedede

B Tier
Donkey Kong
R.O.B.
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Pit
Toon Link
Olimar
Marth
Kirby

C Tier
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Falco
Ness
Peach
Pikachu
Wolf

D Tier
Ike
Lucas
Sonic
Sheik
Mario
Jigglypuff
Zelda
Pokemon Trainer

E Tier
Samus
Falcon
Link
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Bowser

Major contributors: Inui, Vex Kasrani, Xyro, Atomsk, Cheese, ChiboSempai, Doom, Izumi, Orion, t0mmy, t1mmy

Minor contributors: blackanese, Will, Cable, DMG, Duhzex, Esca, Gnes, Jamnt0ast, Jbandrew, Jem, Judge, Junk, Keitaro, KirinBlaze, ksizzle, Nairo, OMGage, RedHalberd, san, Sean, Trevonte, UltimateRazer, UTD Zac, Xzax, Zucco

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=81077

Mew2King

King of the Mews
That list is freaking horrible. Diddy is way better in teams than that if you just play opportunist with him. Wario on that list is also WAY too high. Rob is also terrible

and yes, I do think Fox beats MK, at least on neutrals. I thought this even before I saw Tyrant get almost 3 stocked by TKD the week before MLG Dallas (where Tyrant got 2nd, even though it's partially cuz I coached him).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
AiB doubles tier list is outdated.

S:
MK
GW

A:
Lucario
Snake / Diddy
Wario / DDD

These characters all work with well each other to some extent. Any combination of MK / GW / Lucario makes a top 3 team for doubles but GW/MK are in a tier of their own because they simply are a buff for any team in almost any situation, something that doesn't apply to Lucario.
Wario / DDD are both good in teams but depend more on their partner than Snake / Diddy do, two characters that do fine with most characters as their partner.
B-Tier should be characters that are good in teams but just don't fit into any team to make it "broken" ... Peach, Fox, Pikachu, Olimar, Luigi and ZSS are characters that are in that league.

Ness and Lucas are not Low Tier in teams. The ability to heal themselves is a powerful gimmick.

:059:

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Sure it wasn't because they didn't agree with your very biased opinions about MK and your poor discussion/debating skills?
Snap....

on2topic. ZSS and GnW is pretty nice. 3 Dsmashes fills bucket, and that makes bucket a 1HKO, 2 Marios... (holy cape ****), and 2 Luigis if you can get the Luigi Latter down nicely...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Lucario-Pit is also a veeeeeeeeeery powerful team. Plinking with an arrow for Double Team is pretty good, since DT is aura based and not damage based. Also Pit can save Lucario offstage, and when accidentally hit by arrows, what doesn't kill Lucario makes him stronger.

Top Bottom