• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Tier List

M@v

Subarashii!
Toughest team i ever faced in a tourney was a wario/DDD team.
Ike is actually really good in teams too >_>. Basically a half decent character+ Ike or DDD=good team.

Me and my best friend have had the most success so far with a fox/ike or MK/ike team.
We are going to try a Falco/Ike team soon. We thought up some interesting strategies we want to try out.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
my brother and i do pretty good with the following:
1. ike + kirby
2. lucario + olimar

might not sound good but my little brother has a pretty good ike.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Snake is the BEST teams partner you can have.

Just think about it.
You can stick your partner, and have it transfer. You don't have to worry about your recovery. You can kill everyone else. There are so many more things, I juts have to go.

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
Kind of random, but does anyone know how Peach and Wolf tend to do in team matches? I play Wolf a lot in casual team play, but how would he do in a more competitive environment? I feel like he's sort of a mixed bag there, because he can rack up damage and has a good air game but he's even more vulnerable off stage because of his poor recovery.

And with Peach I just have no idea.

lutteurdepkmn

Smash Cadet
upenn campus, philly brawl fc: 2622-9290-5599
i tried out rob and gw for a while but the edge defense alone with pika and gw is incredible given you have to get both off the edge but there's alot more than just that .. bucketing pikas thunder.... o_O

though theyre both light. yet still pack quite the punch with their smashes. btw i had no idea m2k lived so close to me . i feel like im better just knowing that =P

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Interesting idea for a thread. I've never done team battles before, but I imagine Marth and Ike would have a similar relationship to what Marth and Roy had in Melee. This is just an initial out-of-my-a** thought though.

marthsword

Smash Ace
**** Ike. I refuse to acknowledge him as a character. What's that make, 6 sword users? Should have put in Hector.

On topic: I vote G&W as #1. Snake I can't judge, because I know little of him. Are all the explosions a risk in a 2v2 friendly fire? Or is it hardly a factor in teams.

UberMario

Smash Master
In my opinion, the top 10 are:

1) Snake
2) Mr. Game & Watch
3) King DeDeDe
4) Waro
5) Meta-Knight
6) Marth
7) Donkey Kong
8) Pikachu
9) Captain Falcon (he's a dead duck if his partner gets taken out though)
10) Diddy Kong

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... interesting. I notice I do a Lot better with Wolf in team brawls rather than singles. Wolf - Wario combo worked really well. Wolf fsmash opponent into Wario's bite. Probably my favorite character combination.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Captain Falcon and Captain Falcon.

Most fun to play together, most annoying to verse.

NNID
Budget_Player
From my experience...
People claim MK is broken in singles, but get this-the only double team which is really worthwhile is double MK, and virtually every team that places well has at least one MK in it. Check the results. MK is not only obscenely good in singles, but in teams... Well, Tornado is basically instant and powerful pressure (that plus a strong move can easily wreck shields, plus your teammate can stop you from picking up any heat from it). MK has a perfect recovery, plus can save his teammates from being gimped pretty effectively. MK can carry, support, and does shockingly well in 2v1s-better than any other char. He really belongs up there.

Snake is really good for various reasons... Best stock tank in the game, won't get gimped as much, incredible kill moves, C4 gimmicks, incredible damage output... Oh, and grenades are amazing.

DDD... That ****ing Dthrow man. That ****ing dthrow. DDD is an incredible assist, a great stock tank, and can effectively shut down one of the opposing team for a good while with grab gimmicks. His strengths really shine in teams, plus his bad matchups (Falco, ICs, Pika) all suffer greatly in teams, at least in what makes them good against him.

G&W has some ridiculous gimmicks in doubles (uairing MK's uthrow anyone?), survives fairly well, and... well, come on, the guy probably has the most viable kill power in the game. He's AMAZING in teams.

Wario is good for a lot of the same reasons G&W is good, his Dthrow is like DDD's, only slightly worse, and he has a lot of **** going for him, including REALLY good damage output.

There's (probably) your top 5... A few top tiers who shouldn't be making the list are Falco, Diddy, and ICs, mostly because they kinda suck in teams.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
DEHF placed top 5 at every MLG doubles event with Falco. I wonder if it's just him or if it's because we haven't tried to uncover the potential Falco has in teams.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Falco is solid in teams, you just need a good partner and he's fine. In terms of tier he does drop down quite a bit, but in teams a lot more characters become viable and singles tier doesn't matter as much. Falco plays support very well in doubles.

I don't see ICs being that bad in doubles. They do a lot of damage when together, You just have to be smart and not try to rely on chain grabs like people do in singles.

kellyj994

Smash Rookie
Ever think about it? What two character team is best... I mean everyone knows it'd be mk²

but in all seriousness I think it would be quite interesting develop a team tier list...

I started working on this for 64 but I can't do it for brawl...

1) Too many characters
2) Too early

/\ my limitations haha

but anyone have any thoughts on this?

singles tier list is too simple, we're more complicated than that

Thanks you for the post.

NNID
Budget_Player
Falco is solid in teams, you just need a good partner and he's fine. In terms of tier he does drop down quite a bit, but in teams a lot more characters become viable and singles tier doesn't matter as much. Falco plays support very well in doubles.

I don't see ICs being that bad in doubles. They do a lot of damage when together, You just have to be smart and not try to rely on chain grabs like people do in singles.
Falco... Well, he's viable. He's just not nearly as good as in singles, and there are way better options.

ICs suck in doubles. It's REALLY hard to keep nana alive with 3 times as many hitbox-producing people, or double the opponents. Plus, their best strategy just doesn't work. Ask Lain.

Oh btw. TL in teams. This guy from GSB is telling me TL is ****ing BROKEN in teams with a good stocktank/killer. Legit y/n?

JOE!

Smash Hero
at the cost of being 2 times as gay as 2 ICs Cg two chars at seperate sides of the stage

BSP

Smash Legend
Doubles has so much more to think about...It would be hard to establish a good list for the best teams.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
IMO:

The only characters who are overall "worse" in teams are like...

Falco, and most tether users not named Olimar. Falco isn't horrible in teams, but just a lot of his stuff works best in 1v1 confrontations. Being a tether grabber however SUCKS in teams. Also Link and Samus in particular just don't really have very good moves to abuse in teams for the most part.

Fox in teams is extremely underrated imo, and could be a top tier teams candidate. He just has the mobility to do what he needs to do, and random Up-smash kills from him are REALLY REALLY GOOD.

Pikachu I think is also secretly extra amazing in teams, just because of how much space he can potentially control. And Thunder is super useful in teams.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Barely. Just barely. He's still one of the worst characters in teams. For the large part because it's very difficult for him to get a grab, and he's very bad in 1v2 situations.

He's probably better than Link and Samus in teams imo. Those two characters I think are probably the worst overall in standard teams.

TP

Smash Master
Barely. Just barely. He's still one of the worst characters in teams. For the large part because it's very difficult for him to get a grab, and he's very bad in 1v2 situations.
I beat Logic (Olimar) and Cheese (MK) in a 2v1 as Ganon.

:awesome:

16!

Smash Cadet
Port town, it's easier to smuggle drugs out here.
The best team I've seen was any two people playing their best characters and knowing how to work as a team. There was never much difference with healing strategies, or g&w buckets, counters attacks, etc. Though, useful, these added perks didn't change much in the outcomes of the fights.

The most useful team attack I've seen is Marth and any projectile character doing a counter attack.

maby51

Smash Rookie
I would say... every team needsa to have a light and a heavy caracher and i think link is great, so i would say on all 3 years i played that game: Light Carachter: Toon Link, Heavy character: Link

maby51

Smash Rookie
My Team

I would say... every team needs a to have a light and a heavy character and link and Toon link are pretty good characters, so i would say on all 3 years i played that game: Light character: Toon Link, Heavy character: Link

Shaky

Smash Ace
Ness + Zss for 3rd best team in the game. (Right behind MK/MK and MK/Snake)

:)

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
Top teams IMO:

MK/anyone:
Mk makes your character that much better. Nuff said.

Snake/MK or Kirby:
C4 Gimmicks if you have good timing [strap C4 on partner, they Uthrow, Snake detonates the C4, your partner comes down safely while the opponent is star Ko'ed]. Snake is great for teams pending your partner can handle gnerades and such well.

Wario/Lucario:
This team ***** when both players know their roles. Wario is meant to use farts for kills, and hold a stock for Lucario. His air game also complements Lucario well. Lucario should be playing both opponents in a keep away game aggressively. Then when/if the Lucaioo loses their stocks, they take one from Wario and use their aura to pile on major damage and kills.

Snake/Zelda:
This team is really meant to make opportunities happen and punish. Both characters can camp well side by side [Snake with C4/mine/grenades, Zelda with Dtilt and Dins Fire]. Both kill well in this team.

G&W/ ZSS:
G&W is top 3 team mates in the game [MK and Wario are the other two; IDK a specific order for them though]. Add ZSS and her supurb air game while G&W capitalizes on the ground and this team wins. Plus they have the bucket gimmick that can be done in very little time.

ROB/TL:
The team I mostly use, both use projectiles to overwhelm the opponents to create 2 v 1 situations. TL can zone in mid range while ROB shoots lasers to stop their approaches. However FF can ruin this team if they aren't careful.

Ganon/Luigi:
This team is stupid only for flame choke-> Weegee Up-B. Besides that, this team could work if the opponents aren't very good. But otherwise I don't see much success with this squad.

DDD/Olimar:
This teams works if both players have good teamwork. Oli can rack damage and D3 can tank for him. Plus with both of their grab/throw games, insane gimmicks can happen [D3 Dthrow to Oli Usmash; Oli grab to D3 Fsmash/Dsmash, ect.]

These are a few teams I have seen work really well together. However M2K hit the nail on the head with the top characters for teams.

pkmntrainerRed

Smash Cadet
Ness moves up quite a bit if the tier list becomes about teams :3

Ness can go well with a lot of people... ZSS (NickRiddle + Shaky da bess), Pikachu is also decent. Ness + Lucas is not as good of a team as people would think. Ness + Ness would probably be better...

Top Bottom