• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
So in other news the Pomson was nerfed so it no longer penetrates targets but it also got a damage buff which I think was not needed at all. Still think I needs to get a little more nerfed before it becomes a fair weapon.

M@v

Subarashii!
Still downloading 3 hours later. I'm downloading at a trailblazing 12 kb per second.

I also hear all the servers are completely ****ed and item servers are down.

Totally shocked by that btw.....:troll:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah don't bother tonight. I tried an hour ago. Servers don't work, item server is having its period, Mann co. Store is down.

:phone:

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
just download the update from another countries server

i downloaded mine from spain and portugal

went by really fast

Lovage

Smash Hero
QUESTION

how long have your guys que times been for co-op boot camp (the free one)

this seems really gay if u don't buy the tour of duty pass to play on official servers

M@v

Subarashii!
^ search for servers by yourself in server listings (mvm_name of map)

you can find games instantly.

I just got done playing like 3 hours straight with all my items and stuff, and it wasnt a tour of duty.

Strawhat: Sniper who mainly uses the smg/cleaners carbine is really good. The rifle's only good for the large targets if you upgrade it, as you can do over 1000 damage with fully charged headshots once upgraded.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
This was done terribly. Trying to find a game in boot camp is a joke, I wouldn't even try that. Joining an existing server means you have to spectate cause every game is full regardless of how low the server count was when you clicked on it and when i finally sit through the final wave and witness everything i wanted to be a surprise...the game takes ten minutes to load without the bar even moving. I get tired of that and leave having wasted a half hour of my night without getting to play. Hopefully I can find something...anything that isn't watching someone else pla as I have work in the morning.

D

Deleted member

I didn't really have any trouble joining servers, and let's face it, when WASN'T the game overloaded right after a major patch?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yeah but while I can get on any server I want but only as a spectator. All I can do is wait until someone gets bored and there's no telling how long that would take. I'm trying out boot camp now but after 5 minutes of waiting it went from 11 minutes to 15. Is there some secret I'm missing because I tried joining the few servers that said only 2 people were in them but there ended up being 7 when i joined.

Edit: bootcamp is not worth trying. I thought I'd leave it while I did something else but I got the failed after 4 retries thing people on steam forums are screaming about after waiting 20 minutes.

Edit: also got kicked while spectating due to inactivity.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It took me 10 minutes last night to find a co-op game that me and five other (TFF admins) were in, and worked pretty well.

We absolutely couldn't get past wave 5 with both the two tanks and the two giant heavies.

Friend of mine recorded it and hopefully he'll upload it soon.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
No but complaining makes me feel better. Anways ended up playing a good bit, unfortunately one team raged and new one decided to restart on wave 7/8 and another server became unbearably laggy after awhile. It's fun though, don't get me wrong. They lay it on quick though with their giants.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Never had an issue finding a game because I've always been able to just host a server to play MvM.

M@v

Subarashii!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUVsGRTu9QU&feature=g-all-u

that will **** your couch.

and I think everything is running smoothly. All you have to do just wait....sheehs
He cut out the tank because the widowmaker doesn't get metal back from it.

a.k.a its utterly useless vs tanks unless your next to a dispenser.

Also, item servers going down in 15 minutes, I'm guessing for a patch, so don't make many plans for tonight.

D

Deleted member

patching now, its a whole load of fixes for MvM (kind of expected)

edit: M@V you could switch loadouts for tank rounds

D

Deleted member

I always throw all my credit into the PDA stuff. 600metal, triple turret health and extra turret hell yea

D

Deleted member

probably fire rate.
made a bunch of progress buying weps today, only missing a few minus festives and MvM (srsly valve just let me finish my set before you release new s***)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
oh yeah fire rate. that thing is so good.

I wonder if fire rate also affects the wrangler or whether it's actually same static speed.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Pyros is godlike in MvM.

Max out his flamethrower upgrades, and youre nearly immortal, ESPECIALLY if youre killing scouts.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
My friends and I beat our first MvM mission on Tour of Duty. It was the first Coal Town map. Took us about 2.5 hours of play to finish.

Surplus tickets are dumb. The extra "loot" you get are just random drops. I got a mining hat as my first drop, then I got like a carbine, detonator, and stuff like that. However, I do want to get a strange botkiller weapon, so we're all aiming to beat the whole thing.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
So I tried Demoknight for my first time and I got to say it was really fun. With the Headtaker full damage upgrade you could one shot 125 HP classes and then with the crits you got from them you could also one shot any other class. With full speed and 5 heads with almost instant charge it was like impossible to hit you. Also taking less damage from the shield and upgrades, and getting 100 HP back from kills you never die. I ended up going like +100 kills and like less then 4 deaths, it was kinda stupid funny.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
"Disconnected

The server you are trying to connect to is running an older version of the game."

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
I'm so excited at the moment... that I went ape-crazy on one game of TF2 and got 20 kills and 0 deaths as a Scout...
I think I need to go outside for a moment...
Anyways. I NEED TO COME UP STRATEGIES FOR MVM... I could always do that old-school run-around-the-heavy-and-bat tactic... but then... the Engineer.

EDIT: Do anyone knows a good role-playing club/thread for Team Fortress 2?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Don't judge. Don't you dare start on that...
I haven't judge you yet for that L picture of him while thinking negative thoughts! >:U
Why in the hell would you want anything to do with TF2's canon anyway...? It's hilarious, sure, but it isn't anything more than that.

You should trying RPing somewhere in a setting that tries to take itself somewhat seriously. =/

Smooth Criminal

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Why in the hell would you want anything to do with TF2's canon anyway...? It's hilarious, sure, but it isn't anything more than that.

You should trying RPing somewhere in a setting that tries to take itself somewhat seriously. =/

Smooth Criminal
There was a
GREAT
reason why'd I asked. :glare:

D

Deleted member

maybe do a server search on roleplay, I'm sure poepel that RP TF2 have a server

john you still interested in that hardhat?

Top Bottom