• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

John2k4

The End of an Era
^Same thing as Kryn - things usually happen real suddenly with my schedules, so I'd have to give a definite answer closer to the deadline.

Morin0

Smash Lord
1) On September 3rd, what time will be the best for you? If it turns out to be on the 2nd or 4th, can you make it? If you don't know, don't worry about it.
2) Will you be available to make an August 27th practice?
Also to any of the reserves: There is no pressure, but will you also be able to be online if a starter is unable to show up?
1) Yes for 3rd, 2nd, and 4th. Best time for 3rd is 6:00 P.M. EST until 9 P.M. EST. Best time for 2nd is anytime. Best time for 4th is 1 P.M. EST until whenever.

2) Yes, I will be available :)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Had that issue for a few days once, I ended up doing the same and it still didn't work until I checked back like a week later.

M@v

Subarashii!
So ive been playing a lot of hale mode the past few days. I'm sure john bionic and ulises have noticed.

Also noticed how I hate ponies, but at least they're OP as **** in hale mode =)

Oh, one more vent. Bison. I get blown up.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Shoutout to the only hale where its literally impossible to win if your the last one left.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Go to TF2 Blog

Click on the bloodstain on the F2P banner

http://www.teamfortress.com/gray/
Looks like we might finally have the mystery man from the first Scream Fortress!

http://www.teamfortress.com/screamfortress/family_portrait/

http://www.teamfortress.com/pumpkinpatch/family_portrait/

On Zaphiniah Mann's will:

The final entry of his will is obscured, reading only as: "Lastly to... I leave the entirety of my... and swear you to utmost secrecy in its keeping."

It's also worth knowing that in the Loose Canon comic, there were blueprints for three "life-extender machines", the last one apparently built on the day of Lincoln's death. Might have gone for Lincoln, since Radigan was researching methods of saving his life, it does give a more concrete idea of what it was used for.

Might also tie in to the Barely-melted capacitor and Fireproof secret diary

Large tanks have appeared on 2Fort, Badwater Basin, Doublecross, and Granary

John2k4

The End of an Era
My eyes snap to the Ghastly Gibus on the bedridden mann in those images, Mic.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well yeah, he's the ghost who wears it on Harvest during Halloween.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just gunna throw out there that a book of some sorts is clearly being burned in the fireplace.

We should know what this means.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
New map's meh.

Its first to spawn **** the other team wins, because its probably the easiest map to spawn **** on in the entire game.

Also scout's really good there.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Edit: NVM saw the new map.

anyways, with these tanks and the third brother as well as the robots all being confirmed a lot of people are talking about facing a third, AI team. That'd be pretty cool, I like the event updates making it feel like an MMO raid.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
From the Steam forums

October 2009 - The first Halloween event occurs. The first half of the Mann Family Portrait appears accompanying the Last Will and Testament of Zepheniah Mann, both obscuring a relative party from view.

July 2010 - The Engineer Update is teased via a Source Filmmaker short glimpsing what appears to be a robotic Heavy head in the foreground, a robotic Demoman head in the background, and plans for a robotic arm on the wall.

October 2010 - The second Halloween event occurs, revealing the second half of the Mann Family Portrait. Again, a relative party is obscured from view next to Silas Mann.

December 2011 - Australian Christmas 2011 sees the release of cp_foundry and a secret RED room containing a concerned Heavy and Scout along with suspicious grainy photos. The word TOBOR is also teased inside the map.

June 11, 2012 - A patch introduces a new item quality into the game named "tobor_a"

June 19-27, 2012 - The Pyromania update is teased and released. Mystery Items are added into the game. All but the Damaged Capacitor and the Secret Diary are completely destroyed. sd_doomsday is discovered to have a secret room similar to the one in cp_foundry, complete with concerned team members, grainy photographs, and a map of several locations within the TF2niverse. The Administrator reveals her motive for stockpiling Australium to the congressional hearing, which is mostly censored in the report but hints at an impending threat. During the update, robotic head models similar to the ones seen in the Engineer Update teaser and the grainy photographs are "leaked."

August 10, 2012 - Transcripts from the birth certificates of the Mann brothers reveal the existence of a third Mann brother, Gray, who had been kidnapped by an entity known only as "The Eagle." Gigantic carrier tanks are spotted on the outskirts of 2Fort, Badwater Basin, Doublecross, and Granary.

M@v

Subarashii!
Edit: NVM saw the new map.

anyways, with these tanks and the third brother as well as the robots all being confirmed a lot of people are talking about facing a third, AI team. That'd be pretty cool, I like the event updates making it feel like an MMO raid.
Bring it on, I need more faces to blow to pieces.

P.S. Look at one of the armored carriers if you spot them. They're huge.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
It's pretty silly to destroy a golden wrench. Oh well.

Anyone want to do some MGE training sometimes? I'd like to get better with my aim.

John2k4

The End of an Era
[collapse=Breakdown of the "Grey" thing]
[yt]TzxpbUeN-eg[/yt][/collapse]

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
You're so clever :p
As for the MvM video. I am legitimately excited right now. They did this well. Hoping for some sort of ARG/Meet the Team spoof as well.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
mge is fun. Too bad the good mge server starts lagging during the evenings/nights.

btw, have anyone of you experienced any lag on most of the servers after the new map patch?

D

Deleted member

You're so clever :p
As for the MvM video. I am legitimately excited right now. They did this well. Hoping for some sort of ARG/Meet the Team spoof as well.
so according to teamfortress.com the ARG already happened

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I yelled "ARG" back when valve deleted my hats

And many, many other times

****ing valve

M@v

Subarashii!
This incoming update will probably have a player vs ai survival mode(at least that's my guess).

And there is a simple reason why more ****ing hats:

-easy as hell to program
-People will buy them, for almost no cost on the organization's end, ESPECIALLY if they use ones from the steam workshop. They didn't even have to make them themselves!

Top Bottom