• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

D

Deleted member

Also, for those of you who missed last year's Quakecon sale, you can buy a bundle of all the Quakecon items for $12.49 all weekend long.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Poor Spycicles, just ignore the heavy. You can't do anything.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Heavy now makes the perfect engineer buddy. Just place a heavy w/ fire next to a dispenser and keep the spies at bay.

Thoughts so far:
New minigun: Might be OP
Neon Sign: No comments yet, looks cool.
Scout cleaver: Why is it a secondary weapon and not a melee? o.o
Spy Sapper: Causing major bugs at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Scout's cleaver is a throwing weapon, not an actual melee weapon.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
as long as you guys knows that the spy can still stab the heavy...
there this spy that was cool and stab me more than once...and not get ignited by fire...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The Heavy minigun is stupid. One of the downsides of the class was the slow speed, meaning Spies can easily counter them. Now Spies can't even approach the Heavy from any direction. There are literally no penalties to this weapon - same firing speed, same damage output / spread, same spin time. Okay, you lose ammo quicker but you're just mowing down people and deterring Spies anyway, who cares? Stand right next to a Engineer nest and you'll have the most boring game ever since no Spies are going to want to try and kill you or the Engie nest. Reduce the total ammo to like 150 and maybe a slight damage penalty or something and I can maybe see a more balanced weapon.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's like you're pretending the Spycicle, Dead Ringer, ubers, and Demomen don't even exist.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
>Spycicle
>Fire
Now how exactly is the Spy going to backstab the Heavy.

Even without talking from a smart Heavy standpoint. Dead Ringer or not, the Spy will just get ignited on each approach. Meaning the Spy cannot effectively stop a Heavy on rampage, leaving attacking while the Heavy is walking to and fro and maybe long distance Ambassador headshots.

When do you ever see Medics in pubs? I have done a minor amount of pubbing lately with some people and I have maybe seen one Medic in three hours excluding myself.

I'll give you Demomen.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
I only played a little against the new minigun but I don't it's that OP.
From a pub standpoint most Heavies won't even notice that they lit anyone on fire and get stabbed anyways. They're also just as vulnerable when the Spy uses a height advantage to get a stab. The hitbox on the fires is also kinda weird. I went straight behind a Heavy with his new minigun spitting fire and stabbed him without getting lit on fire. Really unless a Heavy is right next to an Engie nest, their just gonna end up using all their ammo and having to retreat.

Now I agree with how this is stupid next to an Engie. Of course this just means you're gonna have to have another way of destroying their nest. Like be a Demo for like 10 seconds and destroy everything. Plus alot of Engies will just go Gunslinger/Pomson and ignore their team.

Any decent Heavy will look around for Spies himself with his stock minigun and end up killing them unless their running a Dead Ringer. But in the end even if an amazing Heavy has his focus on something else, their vulnerable to a stab. Even if they hear the Spy get lit on fire, they probably can't focus down the Spy if their in the middle of a battle.

Tbh, this really only shuts down a Spy running the Spycicle. It will probably end up getting nerfed like having 100 ammo or like less damage/firing speed. In conclusion it's annoying, but you have alot of ways to deal with it.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
When do you ever see Medics in pubs? I have done a minor amount of pubbing lately with some people and I have maybe seen one Medic in three hours excluding myself.
One medic?

Holy hell, were you playing on night team servers?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I see medics a lot. In fact, when I happen to not see one, I just go medic. >_>

:phone:

John2k4

The End of an Era
The news image is an invalid texture for me.. =P
Not that big of a deal, just an eyesore.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
The hatchet seems like something I'd like to try on scout...mostly because I was great with the throwing knife in MW2. I dunno what the other weps are though.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Tery, I think I'm watching you on TCM Byte's stream right now. You are the medic, right?
LOL yeah. Guess I've made my debut on a pro Euro stream. I've made my debut on Pyyyour's stream a couple months ago too.

Did you see me drop that uber? Wasn't my fault, I should've been at 99%.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
LOL yeah. Guess I've made my debut on a pro Euro stream. I've made my debut on Pyyyour's stream a couple months ago too.

Did you see me drop that uber? Wasn't my fault, I should've been at 99%.
haha, It was cool and I was surprised about you being there although I didn't watch much as I really had to go to bed ^^

Dropping ubers like Brad, ey? :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
haha, It was cool and I was surprised about you being there although I didn't watch much as I really had to go to bed ^^

Dropping ubers like Brad, ey? :p
I always play on #tf2.pug.na to improve my game.

Here's why the uber drop was not my fault. I was already at really low health like 40-50 HP. The other team for some reason ubered behind their second point, so my pocket and I were to go in since we'd be getting uber by the time we reached the enemy. I was already dodging pills like a champ and at like 95%. My pocket should've taken that one rocket for me and I should've been at 99% instead of 100%. Oh well!

M@v

Subarashii!
I love when I get to play as Christian Brutal Sniper in hale mode. Especially when its on oil rig and everyone gets bunched up on the narrow walkways =)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Okay I registered the SWF team and we're on.

Also an idea: What we can do, to get into the schedule/practice of making MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL HIGHLANDER(TM) is schedule one or two scrimms (one a week before our first match, the other maybe 2 weeks) before the official start of the Highlander season. I'll also schedule us for West Coast times so that Ant & Krynxe can do it after their classes.

This means September 3rd and possibly August 27th there will be a scrimm match... however, it will be on any set time everyone can be online unlike in the season. And we can schedule it either Sunday night or Tuesday night both times. The August 27th possibility is whether or not everyone will be moving into college (I am, but I will have a computer set up).

So two questions to our starters:
1) On September 3rd, what time will be the best for you? If it turns out to be on the 2nd or 4th, can you make it? If you don't know, don't worry about it.
2) Will you be available to make an August 27th practice?
Also to any of the reserves: There is no pressure, but will you also be able to be online if a starter is unable to show up?

===

Just so I can keep track, all times EST.

Starter | August 27th? | September 3rd? | Rest of Highlander
Morino|Available|2nd Avail/3rd 6-9|?
ant.|Available|>10pm|>10pm
Colaya|Available|>8:30pm|?
John2k4|?|?|?
Krynxe|?|?|?
Bionic|>4pm|>7pm|>7pm
Terywj|Available|?|?
M@v|Maybe|Available|?
Ulises|Maybe|>6pm|?

M@v

Subarashii!
1.If its the 2nd, I can't make it if its in the 6-9pm range.
2.Possibly. Thats my first day of class, so I don't know how hectice itll be.

•Col•

Smash Champion
So two questions to our starters:
1) On September 3rd, what time will be the best for you? If it turns out to be on the 2nd or 4th, can you make it? If you don't know, don't worry about it.
2) Will you be available to make an August 27th practice?
Also to any of the reserves: There is no pressure, but will you also be able to be online if a starter is unable to show up?
Not 100% sure about the Sept. 3rd match, although I think I'll be able to as long as it's in the evening. Can't really remember my class schedule right now, although I'm pretty sure I have at least one during the week that's from 6-8:30 pm EST.

I'm moving into my dorm the weekend before August 27th, although I'm fairly certain I could make it.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
1-If it's on the 2nd then I can probably make it any time. If it's on the 3rd/4th I can probably make it anytime after 5 Central time.
2-I also start on the 27th but can probably make it.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I appreciate taking west coast into account n_n

I can't really tell you if I'm free then. People who I hang out with tend to make plans within 48 hours of those plans happening

I'll have to check what day I go back to school. I don't even remember.

Handorin

Smash Hero
As of now I could show if needed. Hopefully I'll have a job by then though, so who knows what it'll be like then.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

so I got about 30 vintage weps, how much would I earn trading those in for regulars?

Top Bottom