• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ah, thank you. Does the level of an item increase its worth, or does it mean nothing? lol
Eeeeeeeh, people told me that SOME people would be willing to pay a lot of cash for specific leveled stuff, but honestly, that's probably the last thing a person would look at since levels don't mean **** for the gameplay since they're just an aesthetic number

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
So I recently got myself a Cream Spirit Tosslecap which I've been loving but I've found that the Company man on the Scout looks great (keeps his headset). So I'm looking to sell the Tosslecap. If anyone here is interested in it I'll sell it discounted for 2 refined. I also have a gold pyromancer's mask for 2 refined. If no one's interested I'll just sell them elsewhere.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Eeeeeeeh, people told me that SOME people would be willing to pay a lot of cash for specific leveled stuff, but honestly, that's probably the last thing a person would look at since levels don't mean **** for the gameplay since they're just an aesthetic number
I go 6 refined for a level 99 V. Rubber Glove about a year ago, but it's a super silly specific market so it's almost always never worth worrying about things like that.

Also I've gotten two triple kills with the Machina, one was 3 headshots the other 1 and 2 bodyshots. What a fun gun.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
that's probably the last thing a person would look at since levels don't mean **** for the gameplay since they're just an aesthetic number
Whereas hats aren't just aesthetic? Lol.

D

Deleted member

sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one that actually only cares to get weapons and not hats (granted getting the promotional items is pushing it)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Whereas hats aren't just aesthetic? Lol.
Eh, hats have more prominence in the game more than the levels. I mean when you die you get a screenshot of a guy with a hat and in big numbers the box on the bottom left shows the name of the hat and stuff. Then the levels are in really tiny numbers that are barely noticeable

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one that actually only cares to get weapons and not hats (granted getting the promotional items is pushing it)
I've already got the weapons I want. There are some that I don't have that I wouldn't mind (like the original just to try the changed view) but other than that I'm happy with the items I've got. :)

EDIT: That said, I do want a strange Medigun

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm still not happy with what I have.

I still need to get expensive hats for Pyro and Heavy, and I still haven't even gotten accessories for half of them yet. Literally half my keys that I bought last week went towards genuine planeswalker goggles :urg:

EDIT:

There's also weapons I want like the Atomizer but I don't get it because I already have a Boston Basher with like 250 kills :/

D

Deleted member

Mic, I'm trying to get "all" weapons (which means everything minus saxxy and gold wrench), though I should probably take a look at some of the functional hats (for sets) in stead of trying to get a maul :p

EDIT:
strange weapons keep track of how many kills you made with it and also gain titles for different killing milestones

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I still haven't even gotten accessories for half of them yet.
Have they stopped giving out the Mercenary badges?

If you want a cheap and easy to get misc item, get a dueling minigame. When you use em you'll get a Dueling Badge msic item for all classes.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Have they stopped giving out the Mercenary badges?

If you want a cheap and easy to get misc item, get a dueling minigame. When you use em you'll get a Dueling Badge msic item for all classes.
Eh, but those are accessories that everybody and their mothers have. I like to collect rare and valuable hats and accessories and lord knows that a bronze badge isn't worth ****

@ignatius, I've spent nearly 400 hours on it or something

:phone:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Eh, but those are accessories that everybody and their mothers have. I like to collect rare and valuable hats and accessories and lord knows that a bronze badge isn't worth ****

@ignatius, I've spent nearly 400 hours on it or something

I think he means money.

M@v

Subarashii!
I've spent like $25. I got Tf2 when it still costs money, but I got it for $2.50(yes 2 dollars fifty cents) on a deal. I didnt even pay for it one of my Fraternity brothers gave it to me. I probably payed him back whenever I covered lunch some random day lol.

Also Bionic, that megaman map where it was the whole team vs1 guy who was Saxton Hale, Christian Brutal Sniper, or Vagineer was amazing.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I almost feel cheated. :( Cheapest item in the shop is just 29p which is all I need to get premium, but I still can't have it since I don't have a source of money. Or even willing to spend money on something so trivial.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I think he meant how much (money) and not how long
I think he means money.
Oh...

Let me see

I wasted 45$ on Deus Ex for the items and I'll probably install Deus Ex sometime when I'm not too lazy to wait for 8 hours for the install, another 20$ on keys once, 5$ on refreshing cooler keys, I think probably another 5$ on keys and a hat, I bought 15$ worth of keys last week, and I wasted 15$ on SpaceChem partly because of tPK's recommendation and partly because the items were enticing. In all that's like 105$ which I should be spending on better stuff I guess :/

And I'm planning on buying more someday I guess. Probably another 15$-20$ maybe this week/next?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I got Deus Ex: Human Revolution off of some TF2 kid for a few hats I got via crafting and drops MONTHS ago because they were vintage.

You people are all ****ing insane.

EDIT: Fuelbi "wasted" money on Deus Ex HR, one of the best games of the decade?

Ponies and TF tradekid in one package? Good lord you are everything wrong with the internet. 8|

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I got Deus Ex: Human Revolution off of some TF2 kid for a few hats I got via crafting and drops MONTHS ago because they were vintage.

You people are all ****ing insane.

EDIT: Fuelbi "wasted" money on Deus Ex HR, one of the best games of the decade?

Ponies and TF tradekid in one package? Good lord you are everything wrong with the internet. 8|
Hey, I know how to trade well and ponies are ****ing awesome.

I just honestly need motivation to make me WANT to play it. Seriously

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I almost feel cheated. :( Cheapest item in the shop is just 29p which is all I need to get premium, but I still can't have it since I don't have a source of money. Or even willing to spend money on something so trivial.
Just think of it as you playing the demo and then buying the game for super cheap.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So turns out my computer can't run Deus Ex anyways

*shrugs shoulders*

Oh well I'll play it eventually when I get a new computer or something.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So turns out my computer can't run Deus Ex anyways

*shrugs shoulders*

Oh well I'll play it eventually when I get a new computer or something.

... How old is your computer? Even mine can run it at minimum settings*.

* at 20fps max

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
can you play tf2?
or just trade :3

M@v

Subarashii!
With the new lighthouse game nights project, I'll be willing to host tf2 gaming nights on mondays.

Lets shoot to start at 8pm EST on Monday. Anyone who wants to join, give me your steam ID by posting it on my profile wall. I'll will contact you on monday on where we can go. I'll make us a group chat at 8 for everyone interested. Unless everyone wants to play a specific game type, I figure we can hit a couple of the servers I frequent that run pretty much anything.

P.S I'm going to a brawl tourney this saturday so don't expect me to answer any questions that day because I'll be busy.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
that'd be pretty cool.
you have my steam, the worm one. YA KNOW

Top Bottom