• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I'm not buying Pit in CQC against Ness. Ness would keep him away with the bombs and have his bat handy. Pit can run in blindly just to catch a Barry Bonds.

^skydive with no parachute please^
CQC means that it is more than likely that Ness would kill himself as well as Pit. Keeping Pit away with bombs when Pit is in close is not plausible because it would be too close for him to use them in a practical manner.

His bat will either get cut to timber if it is wood, or match blows with Pit's short swords. Plus Pit has two weapons, Ness has one. It is already in Pit's favor in CQC.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
CQC means that it is more than likely that Ness would kill himself as well as Pit. Keeping Pit away with bombs when Pit is in close is not plausible because it would be too close for him to use them in a practical manner.

His bat will either get cut to timber if it is wood, or match blows with Pit's short swords. Plus Pit has two weapons, Ness has one. It is already in Pit's favor in CQC.
Pit is a archer in his games. TL has more exp. with a sword than Pit does. Ness would beat the crap out of him with the bat. I'm not buying Pit being skilled with a blade.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Pit is a archer in his games. TL has more exp. with a sword than Pit does. Ness would beat the crap out of him with the bat. I'm not buying Pit being skilled with a blade.
Dammit, you doomed Ness!!!

We are doooomed, dooooooooooomed I say!

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
In QCQ, Ness can simply suicide with a nade and it'll be a draw in almost every situation.

Far away, he just chucks nades like there's no tomorrow.

Ness pretty much wins this.
I doubt Ness would do that...I mean, suicide?

But I agree. Ness wins.
EDIT: OH BOY! YOU STEPPED IN IT NOW NOVA!

Arrow to the head. Pit wins.

Oh wait! Pit still doesn't win. Know why? His arrows are magical and he doesn't have a physical bow and Arrow to use.

Ness wins.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Exactly. Pit's arrows are canon. I didn't doom Ness Paya lol.

*Plays Paya Yu-Gi-Oh card FTW*

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Exactly. Pit's arrows are canon. I didn't doom Ness Paya lol.

*Plays Paya Yu-Gi-Oh card FTW*
Its not that they are canon that makes them unusable, its that he had no physical bow and arrow to use, and because they are made by magic.

Canon is acccepted as fact as long as it has something in real-life to back it up, Pit's meta-physical arrows don't have any real life basis other than the weapon they are based on.

...OMG I JUST DYUUUUMED NESS AGAAAAIN!/joke

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I say Ike vs Ganon, that one looks the closest to being done since Paya ***** Ganon with his Tomahawk like the Apache took down the Gladiator. >_>

tocador

Smash Lord
Pit has blades, blades are by far superior than bats, you dont need to use them, you can just usw it as you would one as a BAT.

Sure a skilled swordsman is 1337 compared to a noob swordsman, but still the sword is a weapon, and can just be used as a bat(but better).

Pit has a shield which basically owns any direct melee rush at him, and can protect agaisnt bombs.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Pit has blades, blades are by far superior than bats, you dont need to use them, you can just usw it as you would one as a BAT.

Sure a skilled swordsman is 1337 compared to a noob swordsman, but still the sword is a weapon, and can just be used as a bat(but better).

Pit has a shield which basically owns any direct melee rush at him, and can protect agaisnt bombs.
Late to the party Toca.

Pit has no shield, it is no visible on his person, and he has no place to put it.

Thrown Bowmbs > Close-Quarters-Combat weapons.

Next MU please.

tocador

Smash Lord
Late to the party Toca.

Pit has no shield, it is no visible on his person, and he has no place to put it.

Thrown Bowmbs > Close-Quarters-Combat weapons.

Next MU please.
You can always carry a shield on hand xP!!!! But i get your point.

Still, ness does not carry a lighter :D, so how....

Plus, i never quite got it, he has grenades(pull and throw) or a bomb that you actually lights and stuff.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
To put this in context...

Ness has what is functionally a flail (none of this BS that he "shoots it", the japanese word for shoot also means, "discharge" and "launching", both of which apply to the motion of a yo-yo, also him not knowing, the movements are basic yo-yo moves, any 5 year old could figure it out, intelligence ftw).

Pit has bow and arrows. Yes, the swords are not canon, that was from smash, remember? Reminder, I told you that sword-bows were impossible first time we brought this up... but nobody listens to me.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
To put this in context...

Ness has what is functionally a flail (none of this BS that he "shoots it", the japanese word for shoot also means, "discharge" and "launching", both of which apply to the motion of a yo-yo, also him not knowing, the movements are basic yo-yo moves, any 5 year old could figure it out, intelligence ftw).

Pit has bow and arrows. Yes, the swords are not canon, that was from smash, remember? Reminder, I told you that sword-bows were impossible first time we brought this up... but nobody listens to me.

That changes things considerably.:crazy:
And anyone curious about the bowstring,

JOE!

Smash Hero

score x3:

:ivysaur: , :dk2: , :samus2:

score x2:
:ike: , :falcon: , :diddy: , :mario2: , :ganondorf: , :link2: , :bowser2: , :zerosuitsamus: , :ness2: , :fox:

score x1:

score x0:
:roymelee: , :warioc: , :pikachu2: , :mewtwo: , :marth: , :luigi2: , :lucario: , :zelda:/:shiek: , :falco:

score x-1:
:snake: , :wolf: , :pit:

score x-2:
:popo: , :lucas: , :metaknight: , :charizard: , :yoshi2: , :olimar: , :peach:

score x-3:

score x-4:
:dedede: , :sonic:

new chart with Pit and his MU's moved... New revisions soon

tocador

Smash Lord

That changes things considerably.:crazy:
And anyone curious about the bowstring,
Woot have my babies xeph.

Ness is e-fed.

And like people said about: "Pit dosent have a shield because it dosent phisically hsow it on the game", well, none of ness weapons shows in his game(aka shows he using them).

WAIT JOE!!!!!!!, pit might win agaisnt ness, and if we end proving this, he will lose to peach and so on.

REL38

Smash Lord

payasofobia

Smash Champion
i reierate: ill allow other crap if we do this, such as Ice axes for ICs and false palets

(that and 2 swords are cooler)
No. All Pit needs is 1 arrow to kill Ness.

And he could begin the matches with several arrows in the floor besides him. A quarry is not as necessary as you people make it seem.

And Nova: this is what I meant. You said canon. Canon: Pit's bow has string and physical arrows. DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
So JOE!, you know the outcomes already. And Ike vs Ganon is pretty much over IMO

Ganon can't outsmart armour-breaking tomahawk.

ET: Not to mention that he becomes a little kid too.

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, are we eliminating his swords for a bow now?

i remember doing this whole debate back in the 1st Pit match...

we had him either have swords or a bow...bow had "laser arrows" so we couldnt do that...so went with having them as swords

payasofobia

Smash Champion
so, are we eliminating his swords for a bow now?

i remember doing this whole debate back in the 1st Pit match...

we had him either have swords or a bow...bow had "laser arrows" so we couldnt do that...so went with having them as swords
Now we proved that in canon his bows has a string and his arrows are physical. But this also means that he now has the physique of a little kid, and you do remember the weight a string has, right?

Can Pit pull the string enough so that the arrows actually have enough speed behind them?

A muscle-less woman can only do a half-pull. A muscle less kid can.....?

And, since Pit's game involved climbing hell, earth and the sky in order to reach Medusa, wouldn't Pit suffer muscle degeneration, like the Iceys?

REL38

Smash Lord
@Payas

Technically, he only mountain climbed for a set amount of time.

A greater deal of mountain climbing dealt with using his wings to fly.
Be this as it may, Pit would have ended up mountain climbing.

Pit looks more like a young pre-teen boy. Probably 10 or 12, at most.
He'd suffer muscle degeneration as well.

His bow is rather small.
Pulling it wouldn't be that difficult. It would be a strain, but not impossible.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Now we proved that in canon his bows has a string and his arrows are physical. But this also means that he now has the physique of a little kid, and you do remember the weight a string has, right?

Can Pit pull the string enough so that the arrows actually have enough speed behind them?

A muscle-less woman can only do a half-pull. A muscle less kid can.....?

And, since Pit's game involved climbing hell, earth and the sky in order to reach Medusa, wouldn't Pit suffer muscle degeneration, like the Iceys?

Remember, we proved that NES games weren't in proper proportions?
wikipedia said:
Pit is Palutena's most loyal servant, the captain of her army and the leader of her royal bodyguard. He is sometimes misidentified by some casual gamers as Kid Icarus, in reference to the English title.
Children aren't army captains. =/

Top Bottom