• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Sure, but that is only if Wario mindlessly rushes against Lucario and does exactly what he wants him to do, like in a practice. If we go by a real fight then it would end up with both opponents on the ground, grappling each other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R797LamA3Vw&feature=related
Lucario has no thumbs, so in the end, there'd be no grapple face-off. Plus, that guy has one arm. And are you comparing Lucario.VS.Wario with TwoArms.VS.OneArm? Even if they're both experts, one arm is a SEVERE disadvantage in a martial arts contest, you only have one weapon in terms of grappling: your one arm. Lucario has 2, and cannot grapple. This pretty much breaks it up.

If Wario grabs Lucario by one arm and lifts him up, Lucario can jam a spike in Wario's face. No matter how pointy it is or isn't, a spike to the eye = bad time for you. He could also kick Wario's face, or continuously jab the spike in Wario's wrist (where the tendons are) and force Wario to let him go. After all, he's a martial artist, and a single-arm grab can be broken easily by any martial art.

Some "grapples" Lucario can do without a thumb, just by using his opponent's force against him, if Wario grabs Lucario (remember that Lucario has honed his reactions, he IS a martial arts expert, so it takes no more than simple movement for him to know what you're doing):

Wrist Grab
Kosa-Dori Koshinage = Using Wario's weight against him thanks to Lucario's leg strength.
Ikkyo Wrist Grab Defense

And what technique would Wario be doing against Lucario's Aikido, which he would just be using to guide Wario's forceful attempts to where he wants Wario to be? Does he have a written-down style of fighting, or is it just a "jump in, get your hands dirty" situation?

BTW, where did it said that Lucario knows all fighting styles in the world? Looked at both bulbapedia and serebii, and found nothing.....
The OP gave him martial arts. We can assume Lucario, in a real-life scenario, has martial arts.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
And JOE! I have been searching the net and it turns out baboons are 8 times stronger than humans. Have yet to find a credible source, but just to let you know of the possibility of Diddy owning Lucario either way.

Sieguest

Smash Master
BTW, where did it said that Lucario knows all fighting styles in the world? Looked at both bulbapedia and serebii, and found nothing.....
Cartoons son....that and I think a pokedex lemme check...
baboons arent nec. stronger, remember, diddy was SMALLER than Luc

Wario is MUCH BIGGER, and has decent muscle mass for a human (even if he is also tubby...)
^YOU'RE THE ONE WHO FRACKING SAID SO!!!
Why are you pulling it back now son?

And so? Much Bigger? meh...
the arts son.....and that's decent muscled fmass FOR A HUMAN...

hasn't it already been said..that animals are stronger than humans...I coulda sworn that was there and proved...

Size isn't always it, skill>>>>>>strength

You can't hope to pure outstrength someone...
anyone studied in the arts...would do what you should do when you are in the undertow...go with the flow...
put the opponent off balance...and submit...

Sieguest

Smash Master
Care to show me the source of that pokedex entry?

Tried looking on google, but haven't found anything yet.
I'm looking son...
*flips through pokedex to find Lucario*

Oh wait...there's the search feature....>.>

EDIT: Oh what? *goes to google*

EDIT2:http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Lucario
dedication son...

EDIT:3
@paysofobia's post below me...
too literal son...I haven't said anything about over 9000 styles...unless I was joking...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
http://www.mariowiki.com/Wario

Look at the bottom parts. He has a lot of arm strenght.

Realisticaly, not as strong as donkey kong or bowser, but it would make sense that he has the arm strength of a bodybuilder.

I'm looking son...
*flips through pokedex to find Lucario*

Oh wait...there's the search feature....>.>

EDIT: Oh what? *goes to google*

EDIT2:http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Lucario
dedication son...
I t does not say anywhere that he can learn that many fighting styles.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820

Realisticaly, not as strong as donkey kong or bowser, but it would make sense that he has the arm strength of a bodybuilder.
Ah, I see... I guess I shouldn't just trust the games then. Thanks for the info.

EDIT:
Nintendo Wikia said:
Pokédex Entries

Pearl - By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements.
That's even better than martial arts! He can prevent being hit by seeing what Wario is thinking of doing, as well as reading his movements, which means he has some serious reaction speed! Even a martial arts style like Aikido (or a Lucario derivative of a go-with-the-flow fighting style) can have its purposeshere, he can set them up easily!

Sieguest

Smash Master

I t does not say anywhere that he can learn that many fighting styles.
What about Wario's "speed"?
What happened there son?

308lbs on those legs?
There are some problems there son......
Imah pull what Payasofobia was trying to pull on Gdorf in the beginnings of this thread...
Wouldn't Wario suffer from obesity problems...hard time doing common things?
get some son...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
That is very heavy.

And Neutral guy, in the games Wario can run pretty fast as shown by his charging attack.

In fact, in his games he always walks unless using his charging attack.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Why is everyone saying Wario has tons of muscle? To have toned muscles, he must be physically fit. He is very fat, a pointer that states he is NOT fit.

And size =/= automatic victory. Did you know ants can carry a BUTTLOAD times their own weight? Who's to say Lucario, with his steel-and-fighting type combination, can't do the same?
not saying that, but his arms are well muscled and he has shown pecs before, hes strong in the upper body

they can carry 50x their weight because gravity doesnt have such an effect on them

the rhino beetle can carry 850x its weigth for a few moments due to its build taking advantage of the technical low gravity of the bug world

as for what lucario knows, as with last fight, he knows the fighting type moves one can use in pokemon, that are realistic....

@ baboons being 8x stronger than humans

source plz, because chimps are only like 5ish times stronger, and definatley much stronger than baboons

and why are people latched onto the human "disadvantage"?

look at lucario, hes a downrigth weakling until you consider his thighs

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
His charging attack isn't freakishly fast, imo. And, in this case, he doesn't have the same wall crushing powers he has in his games.

If Lucario can outclass Wario's speed just by walking, I think we know who wins that area of the battle.

Sieguest

Smash Master
not saying that, but his arms are well muscled and he has shown pecs before, hes strong in the upper body

they can carry 50x their weight because gravity doesnt have such an effect on them

the rhino beetle can carry 850x its weigth for a few moments due to its build taking advantage of the technical low gravity of the bug world

as for what lucario knows, as with last fight, he knows the fighting type moves one can use in pokemon, that are realistic....

@ baboons being 8x stronger than humans

source plz, because chimps are only like 5ish times stronger, and definatley much stronger than baboons

and why are people latched onto the human "disadvantage"?

look at lucario, hes a downrigth weakling until you consider his thighs
simple...looks isn't everything son...

plus...go to animalplanet...

@"does wario need to chase him?"
Dude Lucario outmobilizes Wario- chasing him or not...Lucario can just move and get Wario in a weak spot...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yes, but the speed difference is not a big as people make it seem.

Lucario won't be dodging and jumping around like crazy because he is far from being super-fast, and Wario will not be missing all of his attacks and being out-runned because he is not that slow.

And holy ****, I revived this MU when I myself had given up hope.

All thanks to JOE!

Sieguest

Smash Master
Yes, but the speed difference is not a big as people make it seem.

Lucario won't be dodging and jumping around like crazy because he is far from being super-fast, and Wario will not be missing all of his attacks and being out-runned because he is not that slow.
proof son...

that body on those legs=going nowhere fast...

Lucario doesn't need to be fast...just mobile...and he definitley has that advantage...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
but does wario need to chase him?
Not really, Lucario can rush him then run away.

If Wario can have superhuman speed:weight comparisons, Lucario should be allowed THIS.
Nintendo Wikia said:
Pokédex Entries

Pearl - By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements.
That's even better than martial arts! He can prevent being hit by seeing what Wario is thinking of doing, as well as reading his movements, which means he has some serious reaction speed! Even a martial arts style like Aikido (or a Lucario derivative of a go-with-the-flow fighting style) can have its purposes here, he can set them up easily!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
We already gave fighters more freedom in basic physics since the Petey vs Porky fight.

Otherwise, we would be missing a lot of fun.

And in this case, Wario is far from being a great jumper. Lucario does have him beat in this area, but Wario's full running speed is probably faster than Lucario's running speed, considering wario goes FAST when running. I will come up with videos latter.

And Kewwky, we aren't giving them THAT much freedom. Totally unrealistic aspects of the fighters are still left out.

So Lucario=no aura since the Diddy match-up.

JOE!

Smash Hero
he cannot read thoughts or use the aura in any way

and no, wari DOES NOT have superhuman anything (except slobbyness)

he is just big, fat, and strong

Sieguest

Smash Master
We already gave fighters more freedom since the Petey vs Porky fight.

Otherwise, we would be missing a lot of fun.

And in this case, Wario is far from being a great jumper. Lucario does have him beat in this area, but Wario's full running speed is probably faster than Lucario's running speed, considering wario goes FAST when running. I will come up with videos latter.
Oh so we are giving them more freedom...

So due to Lucario's beastly foresight...Wario will never hit...
win son...

@JOE!- Oh really...tell that to payasofobia's post above you...
be neutral in your moderation or else...>_>

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I already edited the post.

Completely unrealistic aspects are still left out.

Physics were left out because a lot of fighters would get owned by them. You were there, you know what happened when we pitted Duon vs MR or the MK vs Kirby fights.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
@JOE!- Oh really...tell that to payasofobia's post above you...
be neutral in your moderation or else...>_>
Yes. You're stripping Lucario of practically every iconic trait, and giving Wario a lot, like weighting 308 pounds and running faster than a fit animal-man with great legs and acknowledged speed... Who also has some defensive traits (Steel-types have more physical defense... Fighting-types have decent physical attack, despite their sizes and weights) to boot, might I add.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I already edited the post.

Completely unrealistic aspects are still left out.

Physics were left out because a lot of fighters would get owned by them. You were there, you know what happened when we pitted Duon vs MR or the MK vs Kirby fights.
That's right son I nerfed them...

You still have Wario as faster than Lucario....<.<
And I don't see how still...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yes. You're stripping Lucario of practically every iconic trait, and giving Wario a lot, like weighting 308 pounds and running faster than a fit animal-man with great legs and acknowledged speed... Who also has some defensive traits (Steel-types have more physical defense... Fighting-types have decent physical attack, despite their sizes and weights) to boot, might I add.
i got rid of the aura because its not realistic to have precognition...

and for wario, hes a fat slob, but it is realistic for him to have some strength.

I never gave him speed, jumping, or even said that he wieght 308lbs...infact, hed auto lose if he weighed that much and was 5'2"

hed weigh about...220ish?

he has good power, but poor speed (movement, not attacking) and probably poor endurance

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Actually, humans have the most endurance of the animal kingdom. And if Wario exercises himself, he must have at least and above average endurance.

In fact, before the widespread of lances and bows, we hunted animals by running at them for so much time that their hearts exploded from exhaustion.

JOE!

Smash Hero
you guys are fantasizing martal arts....theyre not like DBZ....

anywho, is wario really 308? if so, he has **** endurance....and worse speed

Sieguest

Smash Master

And you're fantasizing Wario's strength....>.>

And Yes...Wario is 308....the wiki says so...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
According to the Wario World instruction manual, Wario weighs 308 pounds, although he claims it's just his clothes ("I like to layer!").

The burly opposite of Mario, Wario is a Power-based athlete, able to hurl objects incredible distances, and his awesome stamina gives him a boost in any long-distance event. He is driven by greed and will undoubtedly love to get his hands on a Gold Medal!

He also has the highest stamina of all in the olympic games.

JOE!

Smash Hero
when did I ever say anything other than:

hes a heavy-built guy, hes stronger than teh average dude

im not saying he's like...superstrength...

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Aikido's a real martial art, fairly new too, like around 50 years now.

Imagine his arm-swinging speed. It'd be soooo predictable for an Aikido retaliation.

Top Bottom