• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

JOE!

Smash Hero
I guess he could grab the cape or something but I think it would rip off before he could actually do something
no, its actually aroudn Roy's neck...look at the picture.

With DK's strength it would be like if you grabbed a small dog's leash and swung it around your head a few times...:dizzy:

but, thats IF he can get behind Roy

Nova9000

Smash Lord
roy doesnt have that sword, his sword is this:

notice how comparitivley short it is to a great sword.

Also, you are giving DK waaaaaayyyyyyyy too much arm length. The arm-span is a measure of fingertip to fingertip if they held their arms out to the sides, like a wingspan is measured.

DK would have an arm that is 5foot or more
Adum said he had a greatsword, which is a two-hander.
Thx for knocking my attempt to fail Roy
And if you look at normal mountain gorillas they have arm spans of 7'7".
This is from left to right mind you, not just one arm.
So my proportion is reasonable.

capes are useless they add weight and lessen your movements why do people even use them?
Capes are supposed to be cool, but every1 who wears them dies.
This is why we Saiyans aren't seen with them.
Haven't you seen the Impossibles lol?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Batman wears a cape.

anywho, i thought you were infering that his reach was 8ft from the whole "Mr Fantastic" thing, but meh. As for that sword, how is that making him worse?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Batman wears a cape.

anywho, i thought you were infering that his reach was 8ft from the whole "Mr Fantastic" thing, but meh. As for that sword, how is that making him worse?
That's a two handed sword. He has to hold it with two hands, That limits his agility in a sense. And with a one hand sword he can actually aim better. Plus the two sword's weight will come in effect. It will take a bit longer to actually swing his sword, but when it does hit the force is going to cut through DK's flesh. All in all, I vote tie. But oh well...

capes are cool they just get in the way is all.

The great sayaman wheres capes
Saiyaman was a failure in so many ways. He mocks what a true Saiyan represents.
Who did Saiyaman actually beat anyway? Gohan was soft when he grew up so I don't claim him.

REL38

Smash Lord
This match is hardly a tie just cuz the other side won't give.

Roy has the upperhand wherelse DK is easily punished for approaching.
Roy can properly space and dodge/counter any on-coming attacks.
DK has a lame physique. That only leaves DK far more open to Roy's attacks.

The only reason this has been up for so long is cuz JOE won't let it end.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
This match is hardly a tie just cuz the other side won't give.

Roy has the upperhand wherelse DK is easily punished for approaching.
Roy can properly space and dodge/counter any on-coming attacks.
DK has a lame physique. That only leaves DK far more open to Roy's attacks.

The only reason this has been up for so long is cuz JOE won't let it end.
Guessing you ignored what I've been posting but if you say so.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
>___________________
_______
______
_____
____
___
__
_>
-lols at JOEs BS-
I'mma put it this way.
ACCORDING TO JOE DK is SO STRONG he can OHKO just about EVERYONE even if he hits a SWORD they're holding. Strong as a train, perhaps?
So, taking roy's masterful spacing ability into consideration, this MU IS like Roy vs. Train. Yeah, if Roy gets hit, he's done for, BUT TRAINS RUN ON TRACKS :D Due to this, the train is easy to see coming. With roy's CULTURALLY STANDARD nobility training, dodging DK is as easy as dodging a train.
Over exaggerated, yes, but the same in concept.
lol, I know how US and adum feel in the bowser vs. ganon MU

Nova9000

Smash Lord
>___________________
_______
______
_____
____
___
__
_>
-lols at JOEs BS-
I'mma put it this way.
ACCORDING TO JOE DK is SO STRONG he can OHKO just about EVERYONE even if he hits a SWORD they're holding. Strong as a train, perhaps?
So, taking roy's masterful spacing ability into consideration, this MU IS like Roy vs. Train. Yeah, if Roy gets hit, he's done for, BUT TRAINS RUN ON TRACKS :D Due to this, the train is easy to see coming. With roy's CULTURALLY STANDARD nobility training, dodging DK is as easy as dodging a train.
Over exaggerated, yes, but the same in concept.
lol, I know how US and adum feel in the bowser vs. ganon MU
It's not that necessarily. Dk has a 8 ft arm span so Dk can reach Roy's head while being stabbed. He squeezes his head and Roy stabs DK.
I tried 2 defend them in tht MU.

UncleSam

Smash Master
It's not that necessarily. Dk has a 8 ft arm span so Dk can reach Roy's head while being stabbed. He squeezes his head and Roy stabs DK.
I tried 2 defend them in tht MU.
wingspan is from tip to tip not just one arm.
with spacing and a sword as long as/longer than DK's arm he's screwed.
what part of "he's screwed" do you not understand?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
wingspan is from tip to tip not just one arm.
with spacing and a sword as long as/longer than DK's arm he's screwed.
what part of "he's screwed" do you not understand?
I said it wrong.
I know it's from tip to tip.
But 8 feet? How long is Roy's sword?

UncleSam

Smash Master
I said it wrong.
I know it's from tip to tip.
But 8 feet? How long is Roy's sword?
again you're slipping on your words.
you're talking about the wingspan.
his arm would be >3.5ft.?
somebody told me about arm length in this thread but I already forgot :p
not an 8ft arm wtf?
and swords are usually 4+ feet blade, 1-1.5ft handle. (greatsword)
forgot the measurements for a rapier and I'm too lazy to go to wikipedia since I'm proxying a deck

Nova9000

Smash Lord
again you're slipping on your words.
you're talking about the wingspan.
his arm would be >3.5ft.?
somebody told me about arm length in this thread but I already forgot :p
not an 8ft arm wtf?
and swords are usually 4+ feet blade, 1-1.5ft handle. (greatsword)
forgot the measurements for a rapier and I'm too lazy to go to wikipedia since I'm proxying a deck

Hmph. forgot the hilt to consider on the sword :ohwell:
Well so much for tryin to save DK.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Nova

The fact you're not necessarily using these proportions, but rather assuming they're that of a Silverback to make things work out. As well as rushing when DK can't. Ignoring DK being top heavy which would make any attack laggy. Even using Subspace as a source for knowing danger. His actual height being uncertain.

DK has more blatant disadvantages than Roy.
This is really all just rather trite tbh

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

The fact you're not necessarily using these proportions, but rather assuming they're that of a Silverback to make things work out. As well as rushing when DK can't. Ignoring DK being top heavy which would make any attack laggy. Even using Subspace as a source for knowing danger. His actual height being uncertain.

^This
EVERYONE in TDB(including moi) rarely compares thing to what they really are, just what happens to fit their needs.
I bring Yoshi vs. Weegee:
Nova compared Yoshi's tongue to some salamander's that moves at **** ******** speeds. Was that realistic?
no
Did it help Yoshi? Yes.
Bowser vs. Ganon
US compared Bowser to a turtle, so he "can't make quick movements without damging his spine" or something like that.
Was that realistic? Not really.
no
Did it help Ganon win the MU? Yes.
BOWSER IS A F****** KOOPA GOD DAMMIT!
DK isn't a silverback, or a tree swinging chimp.
DK was just phailed.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok, I feel that I haven't fully explained why DK fails, so time to do it properly.

The Arm: Based on Joe's estimates, DK's arm length is greater then that of a greatsword plus Roy's armlength. Now keep in mind that the average 15 year old male has an arm length of 2.5 feet. Also, his greatsword has a reach of 5 feet. That means that DK has to have an arm length of 7.5 feet. Mountain gorillas (the constant example) can have an armspan of 7.7 feet. Armspan is the length from the tip of one hand to another when both arms are parallel to the ground and at the person's/animal's side. Because that includes the shoulders, a mountain gorilla has an arm length of less then half the required figure, meaning that DK has arms TWICE as long as a mountain Gorilla. Furthermore, comparing to mountain gorillas his arms are unnaturally broad and muscular meaning they'll be extremely heavy.

Shoulders: Nothing much to say here, DK has unnaturally broad shoulders compared to any primate.

Stomach: The most important thing is the absence of something. Note that a mountain gorilla has an extremely large stomach. DK on the other hand, has very little stomach to speak of.

Legs: Again, absence is the issue, all of his incarnations, save one, have EXTREMELY short legs relative to other gorilla species (the easy example being the mountain gorilla).

Where am I going with this?

DK is retardedly top-heavy.

As I explained before, this SEVERELY hampers his movement, prevents him from throwing effectively, and slows down his attacks. He literally is UNABLE to stand on his hind legs because his top his so heavy.

DK's proportions are totally unrealistic for any variation of Gorilla, and are stupidly top-heavy, making him (relative to what he was as a gorilla) lol-phail.

Sieguest

Smash Master
My own tangents...

@Marthage:

they went extinct due to climate change most likley
Ho, it should take more than a climate change to stop them if they were as... agile as you made their video game companion DK, the reason they failed was because they were physically incapable of enduring the ongoing sands of time...
capes are useless they add weight and lessen your movements why do people even use them?
Because they're cool, they don't seem to hinder movement to me though...
No, Just No.
it's like the slaves you'll NEVER understand how we felt. never understand what we went through

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ho, it should take more than a climate change to stop them if they were as... agile as you made their video game companion DK, the reason they failed was because they were physically incapable of enduring the ongoing sands of time...
Sabre tooth cats were more agile than Giganto, and they went extict. Climate change means the environment changes. If the Giant ape loses it's food source due to the plant life changing to fit the weather, they cannot support a healthy population, which then leads to cascading failure as other factors (homo erectus taking over their habitats, predators taking what few young they had, etc) to put the final nail in the coffin.

@adum:

Did you even aknowledge that he may be a Gigantopithicus? he has Orang liek structure, and is big as hell. Giganto's closest relative is the Orang, and were big as hell...most likley sharing features of the orangs such as BIG arms.

As for the sword, look at 2 pages prior, it shows the sword Roy wields, and it is by no means a greatsword.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@adum:

Did you even aknowledge that he may be a Gigantopithicus? he has Orang liek structure, and is big as hell. Giganto's closest relative is the Orang, and were big as hell...most likley sharing features of the orangs such as BIG arms.
His build is all wrong for that, the torso is too short, the shoulders are too broad, the arms are too wide.

Gigantopithicus were pretty close to human-shape, DK is NOTHING like that.

As for the sword, look at 2 pages prior, it shows the sword Roy wields, and it is by no means a greatsword.
Yes, I did.

You guys used artwork... Canon is in-game. In-game, it fits the proportions of a greatsword (as long as you keep in mind that Roy is unusually tall, he's not singifigantly shorter then any of the adult males in-game).

Sieguest

Smash Master
Gigantopithecus's method of locomotion is uncertain, as no pelvic or leg bones have been found
No way to accurately determine how DK will move other than speculation, and speculation isn't cutting it so far.

but the exact size and structure of the rest of the body can only be estimated in the absence of additional findings.
This is from the largest specification of Gigantopithecus, again uncertainty, so it still can't justify DKs movement... without mere speculations of the jaw bone and while they may get an idea, it's nothing hard and merely speculative.

Evidence of a separate species, Gigantopithecus giganteus, has been found in northern India and China. Despite the name, it is believed that giganteus was approximately half the size of blacki.
The other relatively talked about specification of Gigantopithecus. Only half the size of the before mentioned specification and still falls under the reason the Gigantopithecus idea falls in a hole anyway, no way to determine movement than through mere speculation with a small amount to go off of...

Although it is not known why Gigantopithecus died out, researchers believe that climate change and resource competition with better adapted species were the main culprits.
Climate change isn't the only thing, they were also physically outdone...

All quotes came from the Wikipedia article on Gigantopithecus.

JOE!

Smash Hero
i never said it was only climate change, I even said this in the post up a few. It was most likley the main factor as it changed plant life, which then made them unfit to compete with other species in the environment.

His build is all wrong for that, the torso is too short, the shoulders are too broad, the arms are too wide.

Gigantopithicus were pretty close to human-shape, DK is NOTHING like that.
well, if you want then *cracks knuckles*

Mario bros and Wario have too big of a head compared to RL people, so do the mother boys, they fail

Pit's limbs have popeye syndrome, he is now fail

Ganon is too tall to be healthy due to the way humans attain such heights, he has bone problems and pituitary issues. At his age he should be nigh immobile.

Peache's skull is all sorts of messed up. her eye sockets and jawbone are all screwey, so she may be malnutritioned and have odd vision.

snake is a cloned super-soldier. Not really feasable as of today, is it?

Space Animals dont exist

etc, etc.

to allieviate this blatant issue, we use the closest thing we can. A strangley relavent example is actually diddy Kong, who is said to be a chimp, but cannot be as his anatomy is wrong, and is more like a large baboon/monkey. DK has the wrong proportions to be a Gorilla, and is more liek a big, bulky orang, which is what Gigantopithicus is hypothosized to be like, as their closest relative is the Orangutan. I dont know where you got human shape from...

http://www.api.sg/research/MYbigfoot/gigantopithecus.JPG
Shows DK-esque proportions, except body length...yet in DKC he has this, and in the original DK

http://pythacli.chez-alice.fr/recent25/Gigantopithecus.jpg
vs
http://nintendome.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/donkey_kong_flier.jpg
vs
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/donkey-kong.jpg
vs
http://www.mywii.com.au/img/game/large/Donkey-Kong-Country-3.jpg

it seems DK may be a tad more balanced than you let on, and his most recent appearance seems to ditch the odd proportions (except a large noggin)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_VSNK1LQSk (it is technically canon, as it is nintendo, and doesnt exactly go against anything as he's really a surprise last match, not an easter-egg or such)

~~~~~~~

Yes, I did.

You guys used artwork... Canon is in-game. In-game, it fits the proportions of a greatsword (as long as you keep in mind that Roy is unusually tall, he's not singifigantly shorter then any of the adult males in-game).

so official artwork doesnt count? OK, so anything involving pixel limitations must be counted due to other media besides the games not being useable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGR1ESTiNoc

not only is this roy's way of fighting as we can apparently only take crap STRAIGHT from the games now, but it shows that due to that sword being the one he will use at it is from the game, thus canon, that it is friggen bigger than himself.

REL38

Smash Lord
The origins of a character and/or their weaponry should never be put up to question.

If that were the case, then Samus is dead. Link can't get his sword.

Snake is a human soldier. Cloned or not, his existence is very feasible.

Mario characters and Mother Boys are humans.
You cannot deny that. They are human.

Donkey Kong is an unspecified "ape". His proportions are subject to question due to not knowing what kind of ape he actually is.

DK's appearance is hardly canon in Punch-Out.
Rather a cameo.
Just like Mario referee'n the original Punch-Out.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@Nova

Well DK is a gorilla. A rather big gorilla.
If we took DK into RL he would be classified as a Silverback, unless you wanna call him something else in the animal kingdom.
I'm not even referring to the MU any longer. Roy wins.
But that doesn't mean I can't save DK from lolphail.
I made a reasonable proportion for the ICs as well since we also don't know their height.
And the #s I got were from Wiki as well which is what I based it off of.
Don't make my claims for DK's size that far fetched. At least I'm offering some type of solution rather than keeping him at :confused: height.

^This
EVERYONE in TDB(including moi) rarely compares thing to what they really are, just what happens to fit their needs.
I bring Yoshi vs. Weegee:
Nova compared Yoshi's tongue to some salamander's that moves at **** ******** speeds. Was that realistic?
no
Did it help Yoshi? Yes.
Bowser vs. Ganon
US compared Bowser to a turtle, so he "can't make quick movements without damging his spine" or something like that.
no
Did it help Ganon win the MU? Yes.
BOWSER IS A F****** KOOPA GOD DAMMIT!
DK isn't a silverback, or a tree swinging chimp.
DK was just phailed.

Unlike Diddy, Snake, ect. where we conviently have RL versions of them to compare to, Yoshi, Bowser, and apparently now DK, we don't.
I tried to relate all 3 to animals in RL since we don't have RL Yoshis, Bowsers, and apparently DKs.
But don't knock me for trying to do so.
Yoshi is a dinosaur, which is terrible lizard. Lizards are known for their tongues. So maybe Yoshi could do more with his tongue. Maybe. But I was "eloquently" bashed for tht idea like I always am.
Bowser is a Koopa, but I don't even want to bring that back up or I might pull a Beren.
DK is an gorilla, but apparently fails because he has big arms and can't be considered a silverback.
I didn't know that comparing things to RL meant favoritism but then again I don't know how to do much but support fail characters I guess :dizzy:

Ok, I feel that I haven't fully explained why DK fails, so time to do it properly.

The Arm: Based on Joe's estimates, DK's arm length is greater then that of a greatsword plus Roy's armlength. Now keep in mind that the average 15 year old male has an arm length of 2.5 feet. Also, his greatsword has a reach of 5 feet. That means that DK has to have an arm length of 7.5 feet. Mountain gorillas (the constant example) can have an armspan of 7.7 feet. Armspan is the length from the tip of one hand to another when both arms are parallel to the ground and at the person's/animal's side. Because that includes the shoulders, a mountain gorilla has an arm length of less then half the required figure, meaning that DK has arms TWICE as long as a mountain Gorilla. Furthermore, comparing to mountain gorillas his arms are unnaturally broad and muscular meaning they'll be extremely heavy.

Shoulders: Nothing much to say here, DK has unnaturally broad shoulders compared to any primate.

Stomach: The most important thing is the absence of something. Note that a mountain gorilla has an extremely large stomach. DK on the other hand, has very little stomach to speak of.

Legs: Again, absence is the issue, all of his incarnations, save one, have EXTREMELY short legs relative to other gorilla species (the easy example being the mountain gorilla).

Where am I going with this?

DK is retardedly top-heavy.

As I explained before, this SEVERELY hampers his movement, prevents him from throwing effectively, and slows down his attacks. He literally is UNABLE to stand on his hind legs because his top his so heavy.

DK's proportions are totally unrealistic for any variation of Gorilla, and are stupidly top-heavy, making him (relative to what he was as a gorilla) lol-phail.
Everyone join in on the Nova bashing.
I love how Saiyans enjoy a beatdown and comeback stronger.
Anyway, this is mostly based off of JOE!'s theories and my earlier mistakes about the MU.
He's top heavy, but not Galleom by any means.
You need a pudgy stomach to justify your lower body?
And I agree on the legs. But DK would be on all 4s most of the time and can move one arm while using the other to hold himself up.

Again, I'm saying this not for this MU but for future DK MUs.
In the meantime I'm just gonna spam pics.

Yea...thinkin it's about time to go back to robbing again.
Galick Gun, anyone?

justaway12

Smash Master
Yes, quite, I've known for a long time, but I'd never thought I would say it.

Sanke says it in Brawl while taking to the colonel and it also says here

Donkey Kong, also known as DK, is a powerful Kong from Donkey Kong Island. In fact, there have been two separate Donkey Kongs. The original Donkey Kong from the Donkey Kong arcade game eventually became Cranky Kong, while his son Donkey Kong Jr. became the the current Donkey Kong.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
What? Where did you get that? Mario started out in 1981, and DK is described as "slightly younger" than Mario
You know, you should watch what you mean to say.
As if I can talk...
He'd be almost 30 if he were born in 1981. But he was able to stand up against DK so we could say 15 for example when that occured. That would make Mario roughly 45 years old. So yea...luckily he was known as jumpman in that game.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Bowser vs. Ganon
no
I had sources and apparently turtle traits are not realistic to you.
That's ********.

and wtf... like half of the characters we make comparisons so we can figure out what they are but when one is losing we have to say "oh but he isn't that"

that's BS right there.

JOE!

Smash Hero
dude, bowser has like 2 turtle esque traits, then it goes downhill from there as nothign but like his shell is turtle-esque.

anywho, as for wtf DK is:

He is either a giant gorilla, with odd features. Or he is a Gigantopithicus, which is currently being bashed as they are extinct, yet the space animals, sonic, and yoshi had no qualms being put in MUs...

UncleSam

Smash Master
dude, bowser has like 2 turtle esque traits, then it goes downhill from there as nothign but like his shell is turtle-esque.
oh and so DK has more than 2 gorilla traits and he isn't one.

wtf?

Pikachu looks nothing like a mouse and you say he is.
squirtle looks nothing at all like a turtle and you say he is.
Lucario isn't a jackal but you say he is.

and if you bull**** about the internet I LOOKED UP WHAT BOWSER WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AND MULTIPLE PLACES SAY TURTLE.
you're just ****ing up info.

REL38

Smash Lord

anywho, as for wtf DK is:

He is either a giant gorilla, with odd features. Or he is a Gigantopithicus, which is currently being bashed as they are extinct, yet the space animals, sonic, and yoshi had no qualms being put in MUs...
Bowser's no turtle.
That's true.

We were okay with DK being a gorilla but then . . .
Spacies are allowed to exist cuz they're body structure are human with animal traits.
Their physical appearance is okay and their anatomy is ignored for good reason.
Sawnik and Yoish are fail.

justaway12

Smash Master
You know, you should watch what you mean to say.
As if I can talk...
He'd be almost 30 if he were born in 1981. But he was able to stand up against DK so we could say 15 for example when that occured. That would make Mario roughly 45 years old. So yea...luckily he was known as jumpman in that game.

45 =/= 63

That's a difference of almost 20 years, you know.

Nobody really knows how old he is, I was just being fussy about it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Look, the major reason why we're not treating DK as a gorilla is (as you pointed out) his physical traits are drastically different from a gorilla that we simply CAN'T, that goes double for the extinct one you presented, it's just FAR TOO DIFFERENT.

Now, if somebody could prove that he actually was a gorilla, then we could toss out his lol-phail attributes as unrealistic for a gorilla, but somebody convinced everyone that he was nothing like a gorilla.

JOE!

Smash Hero
for that matter, we dont know the time frame that the games took place in.

For all we know DKC couldve taken place in the far future, etc, etc...

@sam:

when have I ever stated those guys to be those things? Ive been the biggest pusher of them being "pokemon" not their "equivalents".

bowser has nothing but a **** shell to relate to being a turtle, and even that is iffy as if he is really a super-koopa, their shells arent exactly attached...

anyways, why we even make comparisons like this is to get a basis on what exactly the characters could do, whithout having to do messy guesswork that can lead to shennanigans. in the case of DK, we have either a gorilla or a Giganto to compare him to...

Top Bottom