• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Falcon vs Falco = Falco, working guns

Falcon vs Zamus = Zamus, supa tazer gun

Falcon vs Mario = Mario, tomahawks/bombs

Falcon vs Wario = Wario, bombs and strength (?)

*waits for Falcon -4x placement*
-lol's at how ganon and falcon can't get out of bottom tier-

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Warios bombs can be rendered useless by Falcon encountering him in CQ. Strength is valid..

Agree with the Mario one, but ZSS and Falcon I am skeptical about. How does Falcon not have a gun?

...Oh boy.

If Falco still has the Sniper Rifle, he is done for. He doesn't have time to set-up a nest on encounter. In the time it takes a man with a weapon like a sword to run up to an archer for example. He has to take time to reload. That it can take just seconds for a guy running full-tilt to reach someone with a bow and arrow. just like it can take seconds for an archer to reload. (Watch your Mythbuster, kids... despite Adam not being your Grade-A kind of archer.)

Granted, a Sniper Rifle is not a bow and arrow, but Falco is not a genius like say, Snake? He would need to take time to set-up, load a cartridge (if not already loaded), then take aim. Falcon can reach him in that amount of time and completely disable his ability to use the rifle by kicking it away from him, then it comes down to CQC, where is Falco, as an avian, is likely to lose due to hollow bones.

Explain to me why Falcon has no gun, which makes no sense?

Falco will not win the MU with a lucky shot, period.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Then Falcon shouldn't be limited to just CQC. I call extreme bias and unreasonable nerfs

Still haven't answered me. Why does Falcon not have a gun and Falco does?

Before anyone gets into that it is not canon or something. The fact the comic he uses it in is an OFFICIAL NINTENDO POWER comic says otherwise. OFFICIAL, ergo, CANON.

REL38

Smash Lord
To be fair Ganondorf just keeps getting pit against people who beat the crap out of him. He'd beat a lot of others.

Falcon just sucks.
True.

Ganon beats most everyone in Low/Bottom Tier.
Even some mid-tier folk.

@Beren

Falco has an arsenal of weapons available in Star Fox: Assault.
He only needs to pick any of the better working weapons.
Besides, he has an entire football field of distance to begin with.
He only needs to make his first shot count to get the kill. It doesn't even need to be a headshot.

@Sniper
Falco getting a sniper to begin with is terrible in these MU's

EDIT:
Falcon has his laser gun.
But that has been tossed off as pretty dang useless as a weapon.

JOE!

Smash Hero
falcon's gun, which i had shoot bullets was shown firing a laser...and said to be lol-phail.

actually, why cant he have the same kind of gun ZSS has?

@weapons:

i allowed lasers in the past (and falcon to use bullets), and back then each spacey used their respective blasters from smash....

but then low and behold, the *****-train came to town

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Apparently you do not know/ remember what "On-Encounter" means. They could encounter each other anywhere from a football field to a mere few feet from one another. Giving Falco a football field's worth of distance in the beginning is BS, biased, and an unfair nerf to Falcon.

Football field distance is not assumed, deal with it. In 1000 battles, Falco is not going to be a football field's distance away from Falcon each and every single time.

You have failed.

If Falco has a working laser gun, Falcon too should have one as well. Just giving him a dinky thing based on the size of his pistol is idiotic. Size is not relevant, because he comes from a future society like Falco.

Ergo, if Falco has laser weapons, like Falcon does, his guns get the same nerfs as Falcon's gun because they are laser weapons. Ergo, Falco's laser weapons are as useless as Falcon's gun.

Eat it.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Except not all the weapons are laser based.

There are quite a few shell/solid weapons like the gattling gun.
Which is highly inaccurate due to the vibrations and kickback.

Also, can you prove the weapon in Assault is not a laser weapon that uses laser cartridges with limited energy? Like an energy cell? I don't think you can.

REL38

Smash Lord
Apparently you do not know/ remember what "On-Encounter" means. They could encounter each other anywhere from a football field to a mere few feet from one another. Giving Falco a football field's worth of distance in the beginning is BS, biased, and an unfair nerf to Falcon.

Football field distance is not assumed, deal with it. In 1000 battles, Falco is not going to be a football field's distance away from Falcon each and every single time.

You have failed.

If Falco has a working laser gun, Falcon too should have one as well. Just giving him a dinky thing based on the size of his pistol is idiotic. Size is not relevant, because he comes from a future society like Falco.

Ergo, if Falco has laser weapons, like Falcon does, his guns get the same nerfs as Falcon's gun because they are laser weapons. Ergo, Falco's laser weapons are as useless as Falcon's gun.

Eat it.
You're quite the fiesty one, aren't ya?

"On-encounter" isn't something necessarily applied here.
If that were the case, then we can throw out a random interger that represents "y" amount of times they start out "x" yards away from each other in all of the 1000 battles.

So from this, "x" can range from 100 yards away to 1 yard away in relation to "y" amount of times actually start at "x".

From this, we would need to fairly draw outcomes from 100 yards away, 90 yards away, 80 yards away, 70 yards away and so on until we reach 10 yards away. This gives fair assesment to the outcomes of when they actually see the foe and act upon it.
This then tosses in the factor of "spawn" areas, namely, where do they start out on the arena.
What would also need to be included for this to hold true is environment.
In a neutral battlefield, it is illogical to assume that they not see the opponent in a flat arena.
For this to hold true, there would need to be an environment such as forest or mountain to give better reasoning for "on-encounter" to work out.

I clearly remember JOE mentioning several times throughout the thread that the starting distance is the size of a football field. Unless, of course, he meant that the entire arena is 100 yards, then I was mistaken. But that is a question JOE should answer.
But keep in mind that ranged weapons are what's giving characters blatant advantages over others. Characters such as Marth, Ganon and Donkey Kong will eventually place lower (if not already) due to the fact that they lack range.
Wherelse, characters such as Link, Zamus and Mario will place higher due to having range.
For this reason, Falco is automatically given a better chance due to having the ranged weapon.

Based off of your logic of "future weapons"; the Spacies have working Reflectors, Samus has full usage of beams such as the Annihiltor or Nova Beam and Falcon has a working laser gun.

But this isn't the case. The "future weapons" arguement has held less weight throughout the progression of the thread. Lasers were once okey-dokey, but now they're lolzers that do nothing.
Based off of what has been said for the past MU's, tech is being applied to RL as of today with certain "future" aspects being questioned.

"Realistically, a laser gun that small can't produce anything harmful other than a small burn, even if it comes from the future."

This has been the general concensus for the past dozen or so MU's (accuring since the infamous Zamus vs Falcon MU about a month ago)

It's this same logic that renders Samus without the Wave Beam, but rather a powerful electrolazer.
It's this same logic that took away the Spacies Reflectors.
It's this same logic that turned lasers into "lolfail".

As I said before, the Sniper isn't an effective weapon for Falco to have before.
IIRC, it's energy based as well, so choosing a different weapon is best.
The following trend here lately has been, "if the tech ain't electrolazer, it probably ain't gonna work"

lol

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Geez...wish you had warned someone before I pulled this up at work...:embarrass...

But Beren has a good point. Falco can use a laser based weapon but Falcon can't?
BIAS!
And if we go off of what REL says, then every spacies will use the gattling gun (no need for a sniper rifle/missle launcher). That makes them equivalent to the Mario group and we're back at square one.

And if it really boils down to just projectiles, take out everyone who doesn't have one.
ie; Ike, DK, Diddy, Roy, Marth, Pikachu, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Lucario, Meta Knight, Capt. Falcon, Ganondorf, Charizard, King Dedede, Sonic, and Yoshi (Ivysaur maybe?).
If TDB has to have a projectile, all of them are just wasting space for lack of a better phrase.

That's all I have to say; I'm going back to lurking.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Stop being idiots...

If the shell isn't internally attached then bowser cannot work irl, he's lol-phail.

Ganon's got a linebacker's build, muscle really only shows definition when different areas are differently developed. Equal development = wall of muscle.

I swear, every time I leave this thread you guys seem to randomly pick winners out of a hat.

We explained many times how longswords can damage bowser from a purely physical standpoint, and people who have no experience with weaponry have no grounds to challenge that, especially after physics tells you it's wrong.

... I'm just tired of this, maybe I need to stop being the voice of reason on this thread.

tocador

Smash Lord
Stop being idiots...

If the shell isn't internally attached then bowser cannot work irl, he's lol-phail.

Ganon's got a linebacker's build, muscle really only shows definition when different areas are differently developed. Equal development = wall of muscle.

I swear, every time I leave this thread you guys seem to randomly pick winners out of a hat.

We explained many times how longswords can damage bowser from a purely physical standpoint, and people who have no experience with weaponry have no grounds to challenge that, especially after physics tells you it's wrong.

... I'm just tired of this, maybe I need to stop being the voice of reason on this thread.
Or maybe you need to understand that we discover things by minute in this thread, and maybe you need to understand that you arent always right, and that the sword has allready been disproved.

Just because you know stuff, it dosent mean you know it all. If you were reading this discussion since last pages, you will see that it makes sense, and you will see that ganon is a fat *** with a crappy sword. Get it now?

REL38

Smash Lord
@Nova

Same weapons =/= Same character

The Spacies may have a gattling gun, but Wolf is the fastest and strongest.
Falco has the best vision, but weak to any attack.
Fox is neutral.

Mario, Bowser and Peach have bombs.
Mario, Luigi and Bowser have tomahawks.

Mario has a wooden mallet.
Luigi has a vacuum.
Peach has a frying pan/parasol.
Bowser has size and removable shell.

Only three of the four have bombs.
Only three of the four have tomahawks.

Immediate differences include throwing strength, durability and speed.
But w/e

Suggesting that we forget everyone without a projectile is like saying why the Brawl Backroom bother with Low Tier characters in regards to the Tier List.
We all know they'll always stay there so why bother?
They simply lack the tools to rise up any higher.

But should we simply toss off these non-projectile characters as trash?
Not really.
All in all, their placement matters as much as the top characters to make the final list accurate.
We'll eventually mix and toss characters in the end cuz basing everthing souly on bracket MU's won't make an official list of the "Deadliest Brawlers", rather make the backbone for it.

True, anyone with a reliable ranged weapon will place higher.
This has been obvious as the thread progressed.
Have we always known Samus or Snake will be the "Deadliest Brawler"?
Yes.
Shouldn't we technically end this now then?
Yes and no.
We already know who is Top Tier so we got our answer.
But finding out how deadly some of these characters are is what makes this thread interesting and enjoyable.

We already know the differentiating factor that makes a character Top or Bottom Tier, but that's applying more so to the end result in where these characters place in the end.

No range weapon = lower placement
Range weapon = higher placement

We have a general idea of where they'll place, but that doesn't mean we just ignore the ones without range.
That would make this thread dull and boring.

@Adumb

maaaaybe.
But what about Tomahawk projectiles? (aka hammer bros. hammers)

@Toc
But what proof do you have that Ganon is indeed fat?
The stereotypical viewpoint that rulers throughout history have been either:

a. Fat and greedy

b. Old and sickly

That's like saying all black people rob or listen to rap.
It's not the absolute.
But rather a stereotypical viewpont.

Ganon can very well be built up with muscle.
Give better proof he's indeed fat other than a stereotypical claim on kings.

tocador

Smash Lord
WE have pics in which he is fat.

And only one pic from one game in which he isnt. So how much more proof do you need?

And if you want info: Kings could only assume after they parents die of stuff like that. In ancient times(medieval times) people tended to live untill 40-50 years, and 30 was allready "old". For a king to become a king, it would need for its father to die. Imagining ganon's father lived untill 40 years(in the best case scenario for ganon), and that he had ganon with at least 18 years, we'd assume ganon would take over its father kingdom at the age of 22 years.

Now, the ganon we are talking about has ruled over its kindgom for a long time, really long time, more than 8 years for sure. A king with at least 30 years in medieval times is allready old, has weak musculature, and is starting to die.

Sucks to live in medieval times.

REL38

Smash Lord
Ganon has different incarnations or w/e.

WW is fat.

OoT is muscle bound.

TP is a toss up.
He may have a belly, but that doesn't mean he has no muscle tone. His arms and legs show to have bulk.

Ganon doesn't wait in royal line to become King.
He siezes it by force. I don't even believe he has a father.
His age isn't known in TP.

Medieval royalty had muscle. Poor muscles are more so found in the lower class (peasants).

JOE!

Smash Hero
@salem:

please dont troll my thread.

@adum:

stop trying to get me to cater this thread to you just because you know about weaponary.

We have come to new conclusions that bowser does not follow turtle anatomy, and that his shell is even equipment seeing as he can replace it, like his koopa bretheren (hell, mario can even wear a koopa shell in NSMB).

we also found weaponary he could use

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@Nova

Same weapons =/= Same character

The Spacies may have a gattling gun, but Wolf is the fastest and strongest.
Falco has the best vision, but weak to any attack.
Fox is neutral.

Mario, Bowser and Peach have bombs.
Mario, Luigi and Bowser have tomahawks.

Mario has a wooden mallet.
Luigi has a vacuum.
Peach has a frying pan/parasol.
Bowser has size and removable shell.

Only three of the four have bombs.
Only three of the four have tomahawks.

Immediate differences include throwing strength, durability and speed.
But w/e

Suggesting that we forget everyone without a projectile is like saying why the Brawl Backroom bother with Low Tier characters in regards to the Tier List.
We all know they'll always stay there so why bother?
They simply lack the tools to rise up any higher.

But should we simply toss off these non-projectile characters as trash?
Not really.
All in all, their placement matters as much as the top characters to make the final list accurate.
We'll eventually mix and toss characters in the end cuz basing everthing souly on bracket MU's won't make an official list of the "Deadliest Brawlers", rather make the backbone for it.

True, anyone with a reliable ranged weapon will place higher.
This has been obvious as the thread progressed.
Have we always known Samus or Snake will be the "Deadliest Brawler"?
Yes.
Shouldn't we technically end this now then?
Yes and no.
We already know who is Top Tier so we got our answer.
But finding out how deadly some of these characters are is what makes this thread interesting and enjoyable.

We already know the differentiating factor that makes a character Top or Bottom Tier, but that's applying more so to the end result in where these characters place in the end.

No range weapon = lower placement
Range weapon = higher placement

We have a general idea of where they'll place, but that doesn't mean we just ignore the ones without range.
That would make this thread dull and boring.

Ok. Well maybe my impression of the purpose of the thread was wrong. When Snake v. DK happened and JOE! nerfed Snake, I thought of it as another MU in which to have a debate and give some of the other fighters a "chance". But when he caught heat from that from others, it showed that maybe this thread is to make a TDB tier list rather than focus on discussions of Smash characters fighting. The boss debates kinda confirmed that for me. But as of recent it seems whoever is a fan fave gets the win instead of using some type of logic. That belittles every character who doesn't have a projectile and makes then null and void. But silly me for intrepreting the thread wrong.

My statement with weapons still stands. What happens when Fox fights Falco? They bothh will grab a gattling gun and then what? there aren't enough variables to debate that fully and then decisions are made off of fan faves more than facts. I just don't want to see Mario v. Wario (ex.) and Wario decides he wants to use Mario's hammer because they were in the same game. See what I'm saying? If we keep every character like you say they are REL, then I have no problems. But just "because Fox used a gattking and they were in the same game and he had access to it" or "because Falcon is a driver his pew pew takes 15 seconds to shoot" or "that ain't Falco", isn't grounds for biased opinions. Give Falcon pew pew power. Give Falco his sniper rifle like he was designated before and Fox keeps his gattling. I don't mind debates, but keep it even across the board.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
For the record, only 1 male is born every 100 years for Ganon's tribe. That lone male becomes king when by divine right. TP takes place 150 years or so after OoT, I believe, but Ganon was sealed up all that time and wasn't shown to age(looked the same in the flashbacks). Other than "he was born a few decades before OoT," pretty much nothing is shown about his age. Even if he isn't that old, not sure if it'd help him much.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Nova

I very much agree with you on many of your points.

It does seem that there are characters getting the edge based souly on "Fanboyism" or "Bias" as of recently. The random blurbs of rebuttles with little evidence as of a few days ago further supports this (very lolworthy, though).
For this very reason I try to back-up the losing side to even out the playing field. Keeping a neutral standpoint while trying to help the losing character (Yoshi, Olimar, Pika or Peach for example)

In regards to the Spacies, I see one of those concrete 50-50 MU's. Kinda like Ness vs Lucas or Ganon vs Falcon in Brawl. It can go either way.
I can already see 50-50 MU's in this thread:

Lucas vs Ness
Spacies
Ivy vs DK

For the first two, taking away bombs and guns judging off of close combat would determine the victor.
Ex. In close combat, would Falco or Wolf win?
In close combat, would Ness or Lucas win?

To determine the victor in these 50-50 MU's, take into account close combat to determine the outcome, as the same range weapons will always result in dead even.
This wouldn't apply to Ivy, however, because his "weapon" is part of his anatomy.

For this reason, limiting characters to set weapons is not a fair nerf. All characters should be shown to their fullest potential, not limited by the OP's decisions (in regards to weaponry/defense). If there is ever a 50-50 MU, taking into account close combat as the deciding factor would be the tie breaker.

btw
I don't believe Wario ever has a mallet.
If he does, then he'd make better use of it due to strength.

@IsmaR

Okay then.
Never played a LoZ game myself so I'm limited with info there :/

UncleSam

Smash Master
@adum:

stop trying to get me to cater this thread to you just because you know about weaponary.

We have come to new conclusions that bowser does not follow turtle anatomy, and that his shell is even equipment seeing as he can replace it, like his koopa bretheren (hell, mario can even wear a koopa shell in NSMB).

that's a poor excuse to wriggle your way out of a situation. stop trying to ignore it, you knew it was going to happen.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@adum

No, just know, basic physics says no.

If it has no internal attatchment, walking on 2 legs would be literally impossible, it would fall off.

If he used some type of super-powerful adhesive, then the weight is so badly distributed that he would fall on his back if he got on two legs. Because it breaks the cardinal rule of armor. The only way that it can work is if it goes inside the body, and there's a layer of bone or bone-like substance, that directly attaches to the front in order to distribute the weight.

As for replacing the shell, huh? Where was this?

WE have pics in which he is fat.

And only one pic from one game in which he isnt. So how much more proof do you need?

You missed what I said...

TP is a common linebacker build because they can't afford differentiation between the muscles, I've personally seen it in a number of linebackers.

Also, fat is not opposed to muscle.

And if you want info: Kings could only assume after they parents die of stuff like that. In ancient times(medieval times) people tended to live untill 40-50 years, and 30 was allready "old". For a king to become a king, it would need for its father to die. Imagining ganon's father lived untill 40 years(in the best case scenario for ganon), and that he had ganon with at least 18 years, we'd assume ganon would take over its father kingdom at the age of 22 years.

Now, the ganon we are talking about has ruled over its kindgom for a long time, really long time, more than 8 years for sure. A king with at least 30 years in medieval times is allready old, has weak musculature, and is starting to die.

Sucks to live in medieval times.
Except that Ganon's tribe doesn't function in a standard manner, for whatever reason, males are extremely rare in his tribe.

Which means that he likely took the throne at a young age.

Or maybe you need to understand that we discover things by minute in this thread, and maybe you need to understand that you arent always right, and that the sword has allready been disproved.

Just because you know stuff, it dosent mean you know it all. If you were reading this discussion since last pages, you will see that it makes sense, and you will see that ganon is a fat *** with a crappy sword. Get it now?
One of his many swords is crappy.

Even even that was a greatsword, and worked for the manner stated, it just couldn't do it much.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Change of heart REL?

uh anyway, koopa is a korean dish as we know, and it's soup with rice.
anyway, the missing plastron is just part of the lolfail I was (and adum is now) explaining. It makes his entire front body open.
And I've explained before turtles have sensitive organs.

EDIT: looking at dry bowser, he doesn't even have a formal rib cage structure which is bad for breathing, ect.
he'd have to breathe like, well, a turtle would.

justaway12

Smash Master
Turtles can't breath fire. Turtles don't have spikes. His full name in Japanese is the great demon king koopa, he is most likely a possesed korean dish, for all we know.

He hardly has any characteristics of a turtle other than the shell.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
But how does his default shell stay on?
It has no strap nor does it wrap around.

:3

Look again, REL. Ring-shaped holes. They would have to be fitted so they would be snug in order for it to stay on him.

Also in regards to the starting distance: what are the chances of them notices each other "on encounter" at 100 yards distant? Even if they were to clash with the environment, the chances of one detecting the presence of the other is very low. Plus, both combatants have no real-reason to dislike on another.

Look at the Pirate and the Knight battle from the Deadliest Warrior. Unlike the other MUs, the Knight and the Pirate had a reason to fight. It was because the Pirate is considered by the Knight to be criminal scum, and he saw the Pirate raiding a chest he found.

He had a reason to fight the Pirate because in his society, the Pirate is a criminal.

The situation applies similarly here, both are in the area of one another, but neither have a real reason to fight one another unless one pisses the other off for some indistinct reason. Falco isn't going to go somewhere one day and suddenly decide to kill a man for no real reason, and neither is Falcon.

Then again though, it is arbitrary.

The Sniper Rifle is proven to be a laser weapon by the sound it makes when it fires in Assault., as well as the appearance of the shot it fires. Both are distinct of a laser-based weapon. Falcon's weapon is also laser-based. If this rings true. Then Falco's laser weapons get the same nerf as Falcon's. Which leaves Falco with whatever ballistic weapon he has left or CQC.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Turtles can't breath fire. Turtles don't have spikes. His full name in Japanese is the great demon king koopa, he is most likely a possesed korean dish, for all we know.

He hardly has any characteristics of a turtle other than the shell.
Except turtles have the configuration that they do because it works.

If you have a shell it's very VERY easy to hit lol-phail territory unless done properly.

Honestly, the more information you guys give for bowser, the more convinced I am that we need to double back on his earlier match-ups because his shell couldn't possibly work, ever.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Look again, REL. Ring-shaped holes. They would have to be fitted so they would be snug in order for it to stay on him.

Also in regards to the starting distance: what are the chances of them notices each other "on encounter" at 100 yards distant? Even if they were to clash with the environment, the chances of one detecting the presence of the other is very low. Plus, both combatants have no real-reason to dislike on another.

Look at the Pirate and the Knight battle from the Deadliest Warrior. Unlike the other MUs, the Knight and the Pirate had a reason to fight. It was because the Pirate is considered by the Knight to be criminal scum, and he saw the Pirate raiding a chest he found.

He had a reason to fight the Pirate because in his society, the Pirate is a criminal.
That match was rigged I tell you.
The situation applies similarly here, both are in the area of one another, but neither have a real reason to fight one another unless one pisses the other off for some indistinct reason. Falco isn't going to go somewhere one day and suddenly decide to kill a man for no real reason, and neither is Falcon.

Then again though, it is arbitrary.
actually, most battles in TDW were like that, neither had a reason to fight, or just one of them did.

The Sniper Rifle is proven to be a laser weapon by the sound it makes when it fires in Assault., as well as the appearance of the shot it fires. Both are distinct of a laser-based weapon. Falcon's weapon is also laser-based. If this rings true. Then Falco's laser weapons get the same nerf as Falcon's. Which leaves Falco with whatever ballistic weapon he has left or CQC.
That's why I said it prolly might end up the same anyway since they both use lasers.
I wasn't too sure about the sniper rifle (haven't play assault in so long)

Top Bottom