• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Lovely

Smash Lord
magic, dragons, ultra high jumps, people transforming into: wolves, tigers, cats, lions, hawks, crows, magical weapons, I wonder if there is more?
♣ Your missing monsters, zombies, and gods & goddess on your list. ;p ♥

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Also, I think Ike should have: Oscar, Titania, Boyd, Shinon, Rolf, Gatrie, Mia, Volke and Mist instead.

All of them become part of the greil mercenaries at one point or work in the shadows for them.

Also, removed the mages because they suck IRL.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I was talking about the human units.

Just eliminate the thunderbolt dodging bull**** and the high jumps.
I'm pointing out that you aren't supposed to put Realistic and Nintendo in the same sentence while trying to make a point.
♣ Your missing monsters, zombies, and gods & goddess on your list. ;p ♥
oh right forgot about that,
did volke appear in Path of radiance? I forgot if he did

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I'm pointing out that you aren't supposed to put Realistic and Nintendo in the same sentence while trying to make a point.

oh right forgot about that,
did volke appear in Path of radiance? I forgot if he did
Blasphemy!

How could you forget about our friendly neighborhood Turkish Ninja appearing in PoR!?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Think Fire Emblem Snake.

Volke is the only one strong enough to kill Ike (or his deceased father, if he was still alive) if he becomes crazy.

EDIT: wait...since when did Assasins throw knives?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Lethality is realistic. It could be explained by him slashing the opponent in a vital organ....and that is something everyone can do IRL...

EDIT: Dead eye may be realistic. Just add sleeping powder or something to the arrows.

UncleSam

Smash Master
lethality is basically a 1 hit kill, stealth and slice whoevers neck.
rinse and repeat until marth loses everybody.
continue to rinse and repeat and NOBODY will be standing except for him

payasofobia

Smash Champion
So....what's Ike's team?
Commander implacable man.

The Jeigan that is actually usefull.

Brock with green hair.

Ike with an axe.

The god**** Shinonman

Gespent.

Critical girl.

Implacable man's little sister.

Rolfin.

Snake.

Anyway, not taking stats into account, the greil mercenaries have this.

By the end of Path of radiance, they have become the most powerfull strike force of the crimean army and they are chosen for the dirtiest and hardest of jobs....and they get the job done. The best assassin in their world is with them too.

While I am sure that Marth has units that may outclass some if not several of Ike's units, the Greil mercenaries still win by overall greatness and efficiency.

tocador

Smash Lord
WOW, i dont know a thing of what you guys are talking about.

But its ton of fun to just watch :p.

ps: How come ike's crew is so much more **** than marth, arent they suposed to at least be, you know, even?

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I say we add balisteiers...or shooters or w/e you wanna call them to Marth's team.

And since I'm making a team, it will be so :)
Balisteiers are a must they were slightly mobile in Shadow Dragon Fire Emblem, and gave Marth some far range weapons -_-. The only balistas in Radiant Dawn, and in Path of Radiance could not move >_>. They may be some what hard to hit with, but it only takes one big arrow to kill with in RL.

Also um is Ike's team on the offensive while Marth is defense? I think I will make a list of units.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well...in this fight there COULD be a defending team on a castle, but then the fight would be even more unbalanced than how it is now.

Team in castle always wins. No matter if it is Ike's or Marth's team.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Well...in this fight there COULD be a defending team on a castle, but then the fight would be even more unbalanced than how it is now.

Team in castle always wins. No matter if it is Ike's or Marth's team.
But I want some arrows raining from the sky D:

The only thing Marth has are balistas, and they aren't deathly accurate on a small group of moving targets. Marth, and Ike both have very strong units, but Ike has more useful ones..

Now if Marth has Tiki :laugh:

smashbot226

Smash Master
Wow. Squad Combat. I say Ike Squad Vs. Marth Squad- no special names.

I say each squad of eight people of equal skill:

Ike Marth
Abel Oscar
Titania Jeigan
Gatrie Draug
Shinon Jeorge
Boyd Cain
Mia Ogma
Rolf Gordin

This seems right. Objections? No? Goody then. Since this is likely going to be one of the more longer ones, I'll get right into analyzing Matchup 1, from bottom to top.

ROLF VS. GORDIN:

Rolf is an archer taught by the expert sniper Shinon, also a part of the team. As such, he is very skilled in archery. However, he is still a child, and thus, is likely outsmarted or easily overpowered.

Gordin is a member of Altea who, unlike Rolf, is much more armored as seen here:

However, and quoting from FEWiki:

"A shooter that frequently fails his shots, but over time, becomes very strong." He is also said to train under Jeorge, also like Rolf.

While the two both have skill wielding a bow, Rolf clearly has a lead due to Gordin's apparent inaccuracy. Over time, he gets better, but time isn't of the essence when you have eight people going for you.

ADVANTAGE FOR ARCHER: IKE
----------------------------------
MIA Vs. OGMA:

Mia is a ditzy yet upbeat sword fighter with unparalleled speed and skill. She has a "highly aggressive style", and has learned some skills from Ike. She also hates a foe who holds back on her simply because she is a woman.

Ogma is a serious mercenary character with much more Strength and experience than Mia, though the latter can be argued against. And depending on which Ogma we are discussing, then he is also more armored than Mia. This is a mixed blessing: while this makes him nigh-impenetrable by Mia's thinner swords, this also makes him slower: although Mia has a highly aggressive style and with higher speed, will likely run around Ogma.

The question is can she kill him before HE does? Since Ogma is no slowpoke himself, as proven when he single-handedly defends two children from vikings with the help of a mystery man. Mia almost always has others watching her back, but on her own, she may easily be overwhelmed.

ADVANTAGE IN AMBUSHER: MARTH
----------------------------------------
BOYD VS. CAIN

Boyd is a loud, reckless, and overconfident axe-user with tremendous strength and, in-game, HP, which can be translated as Willpower, in a way. To even up Cain's advantage with a horse, we'll give Boyd a Poleaxe to even the odds.

Cain is an incredibly loyal knight of Altea and is an adept wielder of spears and swords, with the latter being his better wield. He is also on horseback, which gives him a tremendous mobility advantage. He's got a huge advantage over Boyd normally, but with the Poleaxe, Cain cannot risk getting too close or he (Or his mount.) will be cut in two, due to Boyd's huge strength.

The question is whether or not Boyd can kill Cain while he is still on his horse. Since Cain wears armor, the blow Boyd may give will not always be a clean one. It may simply knock him off the horse, with the velocity crippling him anyway. But if Cain manages to survive, he instantly has the advantage. Why?

In the FE Universe, a weapon triangle exists: Swords beat Axes, Axes beat Lances, Lances beat Swords. Makes sense, I suppose. anyway, sword users are commonly known as being, well, fast. Cain unmounted can run circles around the un-armored and lumbering Boyd, and strike when he is open.

ADVANTAGE OF SHOCK TROOPER: DRAW- Between Boyd's Poleaxe and Cain's unmounted speed.

----------------------------

There's also a matter of what weapons we're giving these guys.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
I'd rather just sub Gordan for someone else.

Needs moar Kain and Nabarl.

EDIT:Just saw Kain :p

EDIT2:Although there will be 1on1 situations, I think you should look towards team mechanics and the "bigger fight."

EDIT3:Lack of Sheeda is odd. No Peg's allowed?

EDIT4:(:p) School. Still don't think Marth's team should be set in stone quite yet. I'm leaning towards range support with Beck or Jake maybe.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
No 1v1, and your matchups are all off. For instance, Rolf has waaaaaaaay more skill than Gordin.

Gatrie would **** Draug.

Ike>>>>>>>Marth

Don't think of it as 1v1, so don't bother matching classes. This is TEAM combat, not lots of small 1v1 fights, some of which will break out I'm sure, but that's not the basis of the fight.

Top Bottom