• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
No I never hurt anyone that is nice to me. If I was crouched with a Link, I would not mind if you came over to say hi...

haha are you the jiggs that has a red bow on your head?
no i use the pimp hat, just look for a puff who pivots (moves backwards while still facing forward)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i started a taunt party once with CF. (you all know which taunt :D)
there was a zelda lucas and sonic.

Sonic was the only on who didnt taunt. i lol'ed

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
^ This x9001.

On another note, some of the partiers tend to be over-protective of the others. Like I was in a taunt party a few days ago with a purple ZSS, Red Toon Link, and...someone else. Me and Toon decided to have a 1 vs 1 for the hell of it, only to have ZSS go all protective misunderstanding mode and start attacking me like hell >__> at least the Toon Link stopped her.
I really tend to agree. Plus at times when you do an innocent grab and then another taunter starts attacking you. Half the time your turned into a scapegoat and you'll end up getting beat up as if your getting a "gang initiation" excluding the joining the gang part.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
People stick up for me a lot actually. Like someone grabbed one guy at a sudden death and threw him off stage. And that guy grabbed me, but the DK was only walking around in circles having fun, which was fine with me. And then my friend toon link got offended and KO'd DK haha. I don't mind being protected, but usually I'm the one who is protecting my friends.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I'm a crasher, and proud of it! Though, sometimes I end up being a "taunter" in a taunt party even though I didn't want to be part of it. I don't like to stand back while another is being jumped.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
People stick up for me a lot actually. Like someone grabbed one guy at a sudden death and threw him off stage. And that guy grabbed me, but the DK was only walking around in circles having fun, which was fine with me. And then my friend toon link got offended and KO'd DK haha. I don't mind being protected, but usually I'm the one who is protecting my friends.
I dont like being "protected". What I hate the most is when Im fighting someone on Basic Brawl and where fighting each other in a taunt party. All of a sudden a taunter tries to "save the day" and intervenes with the 1v1 on the other side of the map. Not only does this make the match up a little dull . The only time I do a 2vs1 is when Im playing with one of the people on the site in a friendly brawl and we do a "wombo combo" or team combo on the CPU lvl 9

AAP

Smash Journeyman
So having fun on wifi is attracted to the same sex? Okay that makes perfect sense, thanks.
maybe he means that its merry and lively or abounding in social pleasure. isn't that what it is???

F41R

Smash Rookie
Heh, I was in a taunt party about 20 minutes ago. Me (G&W), a Lucas, a Zelda and a Donkey Kong were in this match. Donkey Kong was the only one who didn't taunt, but he didn't attack anyone either. Next thing I know, all three of us are attacking him because he KO'd the Zelda.

Gotta love Basic Brawl and its interesting culture.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
^It wouldn't have been my Zelda. :D
maybe he means that its merry and lively or abounding in social pleasure. isn't that what it is???
Nope, it's just people who get pissed off at our fun and games.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I was in a taunt party about 20 minutes ago. Me (G&W), a Lucas, a Zelda and a Donkey Kong were in this match. Donkey Kong was the only one who didn't taunt, but he didn't attack anyone either. Next thing I know, all three of us are attacking him because he KO'd the Zelda.

Gotta love Basic Brawl and its interesting culture.
For me basic brawl is like a jungle, because Im always on the hunt. Searching for some good players make the hunt more interesting.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh, that reminds me, i had my first TP last week, but we had one crasher... >___>
In the next match, we all went Falcon vs his MK on Temple.
He faced us all, but we began to Grab Release chain him to 100%, Before someone decided to Knee him in the face/body.
Fun:laugh:

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Oh, that reminds me, i had my first TP last week, but we had one crasher... >___>
In the next match, we all went Falcon vs his MK on Temple.
He faced us all, but we began to Grab Release chain him to 100%, Before someone decided to Knee him in the face/body.
Fun:laugh:
Man Ive tried to do a taunt party wombo combo. Half the time many of the taunters know that Im setting them up for one. Wish I was there to see it happen

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
The taunters have ducking and taunting to signal alliances. There should be a signal for crashers so that we can team up against said taunters.

Now there's an idea.

Derressh

Smash Cadet
The taunters have ducking and taunting to signal alliances. There should be a signal for crashers so that we can team up against said taunters.

Now there's an idea.
I've seen crashers team up using the same method. They notice that they're both crashing and duck to form an alliance.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I've teamed up with crashers before.

But unfortunately of the crashers some probably have no clue as to whats really happening. Your average Joe going online for some plain ol' hack and slash button mashing good time is going to be considered a crasher. So if they're playing to win they are going to go after anyone/everyone, but a true crashers intent is to go after the taunters.

So a signal would be nice, but hard to signal the average Joe without seeming like a taunter. I find giving them kills works good, bit of a signal that you want anybody but the guys taunting to win or i just give them the space and wait till they get in trouble and go bail them out.

Either way crashers do indeed need to unite, but ultimately there are gunna be berserkers out there who just wanna kill everything. One less person taunting i guess.

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Wait if crashers teamed up wouldn't that be like two different teams of taunters? That would be weird...

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Two teams, but not taunters.

One team would be fighting and taunting at any moment they can while choosing stages like Hyrule Temple. The other would focus on the KOs and choosing stages where Taunters can't run away as easily, like Battlefield or Final Destination.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
In my taunt parties, I don't usually end up playing hyrule unless 2 people select it all the time. I usually pick battlefield of FD especially for serious fighting matches. I always start out picking hyrule so I can judge the other players and I have plenty of space to do so.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Wait if crashers teamed up wouldn't that be like two different teams of taunters? That would be weird...
I would have to say that the taunters would definitely prevail, but yes it would be pretty weired. I think they should "color" code themselves to distinguish taunter from crasher

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hmm, a signal for crashers... How about "smashing" the ground? Something like Kirby could Airial Stone in place, Ike could Nuetral B in place, Falco can D-Air in place or Up-B the ground, just to name a few ideas. If a fellow crasher wanted to form an alliance he would "smash" or "stomp" the ground in place near the character he wanted to partner up with (without trying to hit him of course). Then if the other player responds with the same thing then the said alliance would be completed? This would probably require a whole thread for itself, though. I get bored of these taunters just showing off bland tricks. "Oooh look at me running in place without falling off the ledge", blah, boring. All show and no go. C'mon crashers unite!

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Crashers don't need a signal. It's easy to tell who's a Crasher and who's a Partyist.

Partyists Taunt or constantly duck at the beginning of the match which practically screams "LET'S HAVE A TAUNT PARTY!!!". Other Partyists join and Crashers get ready to attack.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Crashers don't need a signal. It's easy to tell who's a Crasher and who's a Partyist.

Partyists Taunt or constantly duck at the beginning of the match which practically screams "LET'S HAVE A TAUNT PARTY!!!". Other Partyists join and Crashers get ready to attack.
Thats basically what sums it up

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
LOL, today I met a Captain Falcon that was a Partyist with teh ladies and Crasher with teh men. He'd taunt next to you if you were Peach, Samus, or Zelda/Shiek, attack all male characters with Falcon Punches, and ignore characters that didn't fit in either group.

So...we have playas in Basic Brawl now? XD

cheeseball540

Smash Cadet
i have to admit i used to crash them just to see how good they really were and to see if i was able to take all of them all at once it didnt work out too good they destroyed me soo bad but it was fune an when i didnt know what a taunt party was i was like wtf why are they all attacking me even when i died they all gathered at the bottom of me just waiting for me to fall i was so scared lmao

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
LOL, today I met a Captain Falcon that was a Partyist with teh ladies and Crasher with teh men. He'd taunt next to you if you were Peach, Samus, or Zelda/Shiek, attack all male characters with Falcon Punches, and ignore characters that didn't fit in either group.

Lmao I love those crashers. my main mains are Zelda and Peach and so when a "playa" is here and treats me like royalty, I let them destroy my friends rofl!

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman

I hate those people they would attack me for no reason but they don't know who they're up against.

Top Bottom