• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Step 1:go to basic brawl and find a room of taunters
Step 2: pick meta and start taunting
Step 3:embrace your taunting bro's with taunts
Step4:d-tilt lock the guy on hyrule who's not down with the party
step5: fellow taunters taunt and watch
lol, i think he gets it xD

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Step 1:go to basic brawl and find a room of taunters
Step 2: pick meta and start taunting
Step 3:embrace your taunting bro's with taunts
Step4:d-tilt lock the guy on hyrule who's not down with the party
step5: fellow taunters taunt and watch
Lol, why have I never seen anyone do that yet? Then again, most Meta Knights I see are Crashers. Maybe I'll try this trick if a Crasher pops up, because it would be hilarious to just lock them like that~

Then again, there's always the show off Partyist that wants the kills for him/herself. *cough* IKE *cough*.

I can see it now: Meta D-Tilt locking, Ike taking the KO when the Crasher (AND hitting Meta Knight) is at high percentage, Ike selfishly winning the match, and...

...next match: Crasher kicks Ike's @$$ as the other Partyists watch his oh-so-deserving punishment. And hopefully they BOTH leave by next match. <_<

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
BLUUUUUE!! 8D

And yes, I already know about the chaingrab from DeDeDe.

Today, I saw a Kirby suck in another Taunt Partyist to spit at the Crasher. It was kinda funny to see. But then it wasn't so funny when the Taunt Partyist Kirby spat out started RAGING on him.

Oh yes, and a PokeMon Trainer Crasher made the sad mistake of switching PokeMon after sending out Entei. Thinking that he was still safe, he stood next to the Entei he sent out and...well, you can guess what happened from there. XD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Truedat tko.
Being a crasher is hard :urg:
Especially if you only target 1 person.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I was in a win taunt party just now. All 4 of us were great taunters, we had amazing cooperation. We would randomly pick each other 1 vs 1 and another 1 vs 1 to fight but we would always die for each other once someone got KO'd. Needless to say... I owned them all XD They were pretty good too... I'm having a great brawl day I guess.

I find when you take a break from brawl for like 3 days or a week and come back to it.. you seem to get better than you were lol.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I HATE, taunt parties SOOOO MUCH!!!! I suck sooo bad at befriending people online. Which is ironic since I am one of the most friendliest people in real life... Everytime I head into a room and I see people start crouching and taunting I try to befriend at least one person to make it a reasonable 2 on 2. I always fail... Thankfully, not to flatter myself but, I am a great brawler so I hold my own. Except this one time I was pitted against 2 Metaknights... :urg: When it comes to taunt parties, when the party is against me I rather have them come to me than chase them! I'm not there to entertain! I try to bore the crap out of the rest of the players so they can leave and maybe get a chance of befriend the new guy. Though, like always, I fail... and the cycle starts again.

Also, I seriously hate it when someone just enters the room and they just don't move or do anything. It's like they just left their Wii on, and turned the TV off. They become such a parasite to the room just take up space.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I HATE, taunt parties SOOOO MUCH!!!! I suck sooo bad at befriending people online. Which is ironic since I am one of the most friendliest people in real life... Everytime I head into a room and I see people start crouching and taunting I try to befriend at least one person to make it a reasonable 2 on 2. I always fail... Thankfully, not to flatter myself but, I am a great brawler so I hold my own. Except this one time I was pitted against 2 Metaknights... :urg: When it comes to taunt parties, when the party is against me I rather have them come to me than chase them! I'm not there to entertain! I try to bore the crap out of the rest of the players so they can leave and maybe get a chance of befriend the new guy. Though, like always, I fail... and the cycle starts again.

Also, I seriously hate it when someone just enters the room and they just don't move or do anything. It's like they just left their Wii on, and turned the TV off. They become such a parasite to the room just take up space.
Read the OP ;)

Trufax on last statement.
My friend did that, i thought he was sandbagging:laugh:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Even though I don't really play wi-fi anymore at all, I do still take part in some Taunt parties.

Today I got everyone except some Ganon to be Ness, turned on Franklin Badges and all the fire items and reflect items, then we did PK Fire and...oh my gosh it was so funny. :laugh:

When I'm not doing Ness research, I do stuff like this. C;

Derressh

Smash Cadet
I'm usually a taunt-partier. But every once in a while, I like to challenge one of the taunters to a 1v1. Is there any kind of universally accepted attack or something, like jabbing one person repeatedly, to tell them that you want to spar without the other 2 coming in and gang-banging you? :ohwell:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Yeah that has happened before. I was in a "taunt party" with 3 other people, really friendly. We would fight a 1 vs 1 and another 1 vs 1 just for the fun of it, everytime someone died the person would get their KO back...

Needless to say my Zelda owned all of that. ( even against an olimar, and a G&W ) haha

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I'm usually a taunt-partier. But every once in a while, I like to challenge one of the taunters to a 1v1. Is there any kind of universally accepted attack or something, like jabbing one person repeatedly, to tell them that you want to spar without the other 2 coming in and gang-banging you? :ohwell:
Well I use every character regardless if its in basic brawl on friendly brawl but how I do is that when I have MK(meta knight) I do the taunt in which he says "come" "fight me" to the person. I attack them and when theyre on the ground I use the "fight me" taunt again so they see what Im talking about. It works the majority of the time. And chances are you wont get gang banged ;D

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
there are too many zeldas who attack then roll, attack then roll ect. if you go crazy aggressive they will run away constantly. i hate basic brawl zeldas, even though i own them with jiggz, they are very hard to beat with most other characters.
oh yea if anyone has played a super crazy jigglypuff that pivot cancels a lot...its probably me

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
there are too many zeldas who attack then roll, attack then roll ect. if you go crazy aggressive they will run away constantly. i hate basic brawl zeldas, even though i own them with jiggz, they are very hard to beat with most other characters.
oh yea if anyone has played a super crazy jigglypuff that pivot cancels a lot...its probably me
Many people that Ive seen use Zelda abuse the smash attacks like her other attacks are useless. Zelda is a great character whos reputation is tarnished because of this

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
BLUUUUUE!! 8D

And yes, I already know about the chaingrab from DeDeDe.

Today, I saw a Kirby suck in another Taunt Partyist to spit at the Crasher. It was kinda funny to see. But then it wasn't so funny when the Taunt Partyist Kirby spat out started RAGING on him.
LOL! I did that before XD
I discoverd peach can jab lock people on hyrule against the wall :D
i was doing that to a snake then lucas comes over charges an upsmash and u can say goodbye to snake XD

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I think one of my best moments was when (even though Im a fellow taunter in Basic Brawl) accidentally crashed a taunt party by grabbing (not throwing just grabbing to fool around. I barely do this BTW) the wrong person. This has happened to me a couple of times unfortunately but lets just say every time its happen lets just say it was like a battle between a teacher and his 3 disciples trying to defeat the teacher and I won almost every time on each occasion (and had fun embarrasing them as well. I almost took the role of just dodging and staying in one spot at the same time and I mean timing the dodges correctly was a fun challenge against 3 at the same time :laugh:)

Derressh

Smash Cadet
Well I use every character regardless if its in basic brawl on friendly brawl but how I do is that when I have MK(meta knight) I do the taunt in which he says "come" "fight me" to the person. I attack them and when theyre on the ground I use the "fight me" taunt again so they see what Im talking about. It works the majority of the time. And chances are you wont get gang banged ;D
D: But I want to beat people up with ZSS! I guess I could do the same thing, but with her "Try me" taunt. :ohwell:

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
I hate the kids that K.O. and then run away for the rest of the match. Even though I usually destroy them in the process. Its annoying.

Wi-Fi is fun with Jiggs because little noobs don't know what to expect of her.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
This makes me want to crash the taunt parties even more than before. I will be Claus or green Ness.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
This makes me want to crash the taunt parties even more than before. I will be Claus or green Ness.
Have fun with that. Remember; not all Taunt Partyists get along with each other. For example, I hate it when Ike Taunt Partyists become glory hogs. Sure they get the kills, but they end up dieing the most.

Take advantage of it.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
There are a few good ikes though. They know their power and they stand back and don't steal your kills. I like when I meet the strong silent types...they always end up respecting me and taunting when I kill lol.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Yeah, there are a couple taunt party Ikes that can hand me my ***, admittedly. But, that provides more of a challenge and makes it fun. I also love running up to taunt partists, smacking them around and running away, just to annoy them and get the to chase me. Its fun. I'm really hard to catch with sonic/lucario at the temple. That what I do if they are all good or I just can't beat em. There are also some good ganons that know how to meteor. Scary....

Many people that Ive seen use Zelda abuse the smash attacks like her other attacks are useless. Zelda is a great character whos reputation is tarnished because of this
^ This x9001.

On another note, some of the partiers tend to be over-protective of the others. Like I was in a taunt party a few days ago with a purple ZSS, Red Toon Link, and...someone else. Me and Toon decided to have a 1 vs 1 for the hell of it, only to have ZSS go all protective misunderstanding mode and start attacking me like hell >__> at least the Toon Link stopped her.

PK-L0rd

Smash Cadet
Wow i thought taunt parties would never be mentioned on internet.
Also in taunt parties almost every zelda player is a taunter.
Ness players are almost always good too.
AND in my experience of taunt parties ive discovered that the 90 percent of Lucas players are crashiers
(good for me that im in that little 10 percent)
But the thing i hate the most about taunt parties are the fake taunters.
Like one time i was :lucas: and my "friends" were 2 :dedede:
P2 was good while P3 was a fake taunter
We were all good an stuff until a new taunter came he was a :pikachu2:
Then there we were 4 taunters with a lot of tricks to show.
But P3 came and attack P4(pikachu)
I saw him and grabed him without thwrowing him,after that he started attacking everybody.
After a few rounds of winning with my friends pikachu left and then there were just three of us
Then P3 started faking again P2 was a very good guy so he trusted on him while i was fighting with him.
But then P2 started attacking me too!
P3 made p2 think i was the crashier then it was me vs 2 guys
I stayed like 7 rounds until they killed me (the first time because i was running and they were chasing me)well that round they got to sudden death (at hyrule temple)they were in the safe zone until P3 started ducking P2 answered him.
But then...............................
P3 killed P2 with a smash!
He even taunted when he killed him!!!!!!!!!!!!
The next round i thought P2 would fight P3 but he didnt, he continued fighting against me!!!!! :confused: WTF!!!
Thats when i left that room.
That is one of a lot of stories i have about fake taunters

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Fake taunters get killed if they mess with me.... I know what you have been through. I hate stupid people who will take back a crasher when the crasher acts nice.... they never mean it. Never! A lot of Lucas' are crashers which is bad for me, I tend to struggle the most with Lucas.

I like when people get protective for me. Being a female (Zelda) it's nice to have a strong ike / marth / link treat me like a princess rofl. I'm usually better than them, but it's still nice to have someone that has my back.

It's also rare to find a zelda that is actually really good. A lot I meet are pretty decent but I'm always better than them. I know I sound conceited when I say I'm better than everyone, but it's true lol, I win 8/10 unless it's a taunt party. I love basic brawl. So much. <3

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Fake taunters get killed if they mess with me.... I know what you have been through. I hate stupid people who will take back a crasher when the crasher acts nice.... they never mean it. Never! A lot of Lucas' are crashers which is bad for me, I tend to struggle the most with Lucas.

I like when people get protective for me. Being a female (Zelda) it's nice to have a strong ike / marth / link treat me like a princess rofl. I'm usually better than them, but it's still nice to have someone that has my back.

It's also rare to find a zelda that is actually really good. A lot I meet are pretty decent but I'm always better than them. I know I sound conceited when I say I'm better than everyone, but it's true lol, I win 8/10 unless it's a taunt party. I love basic brawl. So much. <3
Are you one of those zeldas who crouches in front of a link and attacks anyone who try to crouch with you? I've seen this before and i remember my jiggly getting very sad because of it :(
also if you ever see a pro jiggz who has mastered true pivots and dash dances a lot...be nice to her :)

PK-L0rd

Smash Cadet
well that makes me think about one (of a lot of times)time there was one :zelda: one :pikachu2:
one :wario: and i was a :link2:
Zelda was crouching with pikachu like 10 rounds or something
Then pikachu changed into a IC and Zelda changed into marth
Zelda/Marth thought I was the pikachu and she/he crouched me
After i saw that i didnt even know what to think.
I stayed like :WTF! im not gay!
thats is something very strange.
What?
Looking a marth player wanting with a link player after all marth have always wanted with ike XD
But no seriously that freaked me out

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
Are you one of those zeldas who crouches in front of a link and attacks anyone who try to crouch with you? I've seen this before and i remember my jiggly getting very sad because of it :(
also if you ever see a pro jiggz who has mastered true pivots and dash dances a lot...be nice to her :)

Ive been with those kind of people its annoying you get close and then BAM your being attacked. Then you try to defend your self then the other person crouching attacks you. So its 2 v. 1 by the end of the match. And the other person in the Taunt Party is not even going to help you.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
No I never hurt anyone that is nice to me. If I was crouched with a Link, I would not mind if you came over to say hi...

haha are you the jiggs that has a red bow on your head?

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I did something today that I have never done before in a Taunt Party.

I attacked. o.o

There was a group of Taunt Partyists that kept choosing Final Destination. Now, normally I'm patient with stages, but getting it for the 28th time in a row was frustrating. So, I was in too much of a rage to leave the room peacefully. I turned my hacks on and played as Diddy Kong.

Again, we got that freakin' Final Destination stage. So I had no regrets using this hack. I spammed Diddy Kong's Peanut Popgun. Instead of peanuts, my hack made him shoot Poke Balls...all of them containing Ho-oh. I watched them burn throughout the entire match.

So yeah...spam Final Destination, and people go insane. :3

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Wait what, how could you turn on your hacks whilst you're still on wifi without taking the SD card out?

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I did something today that I have never done before in a Taunt Party.

I attacked. o.o

There was a group of Taunt Partyists that kept choosing Final Destination. Now, normally I'm patient with stages, but getting it for the 28th time in a row was frustrating. So, I was in too much of a rage to leave the room peacefully. I turned my hacks on and played as Diddy Kong.

Again, we got that freakin' Final Destination stage. So I had no regrets using this hack. I spammed Diddy Kong's Peanut Popgun. Instead of peanuts, my hack made him shoot Poke Balls...all of them containing Ho-oh. I watched them burn throughout the entire match.

So yeah...spam Final Destination, and people go insane. :3
You can't "turn on" hacks without going back to the Wii Menu, load up Hombebrew, etc. And that isn't even a wifi-compatible code, so the only thing anyone else would've seen is you shooting regular peanuts.

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for posting this, I usually go to AiB to find a match, but I tried Basic Brawl earlier today and couldn't figure out how three supposedly random people formed an alliance against me :) This makes things a lot clearer, thanks again

Top Bottom