• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

link2702

Smash Champion
hacking is not the solution to getting rid of taunt parties. If you're hacking to be warioman then you're juts as low as the taunt party players. The solution is to either be good enough to take the whole group out yourself(nothing is more satisfying than being able to slaughter the triple teaming noobs yourself, 3v1 and they get beat.) unaided by hacks. Or to just d/c the whole group and stop their ability to keep their taunt party going for another unfortunate victim.

Not only does forcing a D/C cause a persistent group to disband(something hacking doesn't always do, a lot will keep going till the hacker gets bored of winning by hacks and leaves) but it ensures that they're less likely to be able to regroup, even with as old as brawl is now, and how fewer people are on basic brawl, its still got enough players that it makes it nearly impossible to find the same group you had before.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Hacking does make anything better...
If you want to destroy a group ... do it without hacks
It'll be a lot more satisfying ...

And Well ... Basic Brawl has certainly changed ... less taunters and less people overall ...
I actually havn't been to Temple or some other horrendous stage since my semi-return...
Nope... not once ...

midna.

Smash Cadet
Hacking does make anything better...
If you want to destroy a group ... do it without hacks
It'll be a lot more satisfying ...

And Well ... Basic Brawl has certainly changed ... less taunters and less people overall ...
I actually havn't been to Temple or some other horrendous stage since my semi-return...
Nope... not once ...
hey firel! are you who i think you are? are you that epicly good red toon link i meet on basic brawl? well if you are, its me, the person who always uses green marth and green pikachu! if its not you, back to the conversation, i always meet taunt parties, i must be one unlucky gal... bloody hyrule temple...

FIREL

Smash Ace
hey firel! are you who i think you are? are you that epicly good red toon link i meet on basic brawl? well if you are, its me, the person who always uses green marth and green pikachu! if its not you, back to the conversation, i always meet taunt parties, i must be one unlucky gal... bloody hyrule temple...
Well i can't remember any good fights lately but yea i often go as a Red Toon Link and I usually alternate him with Red Snake... When it comes to Basic Brawl, I'm more of a neutral, I'm actively seeking fights however and whoever attacks me will get attack, and whoever leaves me alone .. well meh...
Well ... I'm looking for good people in general ...
Most of the time I like doing tech stuff ...

D

Deleted member

sorry but i'm way past skilled enough to beat 3 people with one person. wario man just makes the little nerds angrier. :))))

so like i said, solution: wario man. there's no such thing as rules and respect in basic brawl lmao. XD

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Well i can't remember any good fights lately but yea i often go as a Red Toon Link and I usually alternate him with Red Snake... When it comes to Basic Brawl, I'm more of a neutral, I'm actively seeking fights however and whoever attacks me will get attack, and whoever leaves me alone .. well meh...
Well ... I'm looking for good people in general ...
Most of the time I like doing tech stuff ...
I think I've seen you a few times.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I just had an encounter with a taunt party... It's the worst thing ever. I know I should drop the stinking group but I want to beat them so badly. I think it would be worth putting hack on my wii to beat them. I'm trying to find the best strategy to beat them without hacks. I used to think Ganon or DeDeDe because they are powerful. Then I thought Metaknight. If I lure them down to the bottom of the stage on Hyrule as metaknight then I can get tons of kills. I got 6 kills in one round. Are there better strategies?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I guess I'm one of the rare ones that plays both sides. I'm both a taunter and crasher. It really depends how I feel; sometimes I feel competitive and love the challenge of facing three opponents at once (most of the time its easier than it sounds), sometimes I just feel like ganging up on someone, other times I don't feel like having a serious brawl and there are times I just go with whatever the room is doing. Though I'm out of luck most of the time when I just feel like having a free for all. Honestly, I wish nintendo would make random 3 on 1 matches a thing on the next smash bros (as well as 1v1, obviously) and also put in ranked matches that will make more people care if they win their matches or not (with of course keeping unranked matches for those that don't feel like having a competitive experience or practicing against other human players)

I do however have an immense dislike for items, no matter what kind of fight it is, I hate the idea of a random item popping out of nowhere that could possibly change the direction of the entire fight. If I use them I feel guilty and if my opponent uses them to great effect I feel cheated.

Last edited:

ShadowMarth-JTW

Smash Rookie
I understand how you feel about the items thing.
I really don't like to use them. When I'm in a taunt party it's funny to watch them scramble over the final smash. A lot of times it costs the match when they get the final smash but if that happens it doesn't bug me. There are those rare games where the items are set to something specific like all home run bats. That's when I'm like "You know what? Fawk this." Seeing as us competitive players tend to have much better item game then them I don't think I could have given a better beating then I did lol. Overall I'm normally beating them. A lot of times it's dependant on lag. I think I can say I'm a very smart player. I just am really horrible in lag.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Some people might say that lag applies to everyone but remember that some characters do a lot worse in lag than others.

Putting it out there.

Top Bottom