• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

Getting a bit off topic here(sorry for that)when I brawled Captain a few minutes ago, in the last match where I was Blue IC, my NaNa spiked twice, when I failed at spiking my Pikachu friend, my nana did it a second later, spiking him.And I don't think if this is a spike or not, but when I recovered, NaNa hit Captain, slamming him under FD, and KOing him.

Pikatwo

Smash Rookie
I prefer glitch fests myself. Taunt parties are fun and all but personally i prefer the air
to do cool tricks and stuff. It's also fun to team up against others because then not only
do you get to be in a taunt party but you get to fight as well!

Pretty much all of my replays consist of some sort of taunt party so i like things to be
interesting to look back over.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Getting a bit off topic here(sorry for that)when I brawled Captain a few minutes ago, in the last match where I was Blue IC, my NaNa spiked twice, when I failed at spiking my Pikachu friend, my nana did it a second later, spiking him.And I don't think if this is a spike or not, but when I recovered, NaNa hit Captain, slamming him under FD, and KOing him.
Only Nana's Hammer spikes, it's impossible to spike with Popo's

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Only Nana's Hammer spikes, it's impossible to spike with Popo's
Qouted for major truth 0.o
I second ICs in Brawl and melee, and i can spike in both
But there is a flaw in your statement my friend.
Both Ice climbers can spike, it just depends on what costume your using that switches their leadership;)
They can both spike in Melee, But only the follower can spike in brawl

Arcade

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure he knows that and, just like everyone else, uses Popo to refer to the leader and Nana to refer to the follower.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm pretty sure he knows that and, just like everyone else, uses Popo to refer to the leader and Nana to refer to the follower.
I know that, i was giving my perspective, thats all:ohwell:
The dude wasnt clear enough..
Besides, why are we on ICs in a thread called Taunt Parties?:dizzy:

UberMario

Smash Master
They can both spike in Melee, But only the follower can spike in brawl

I really don't understand why the developers would do that. 0_o Weird.

Lol I run into those hackers alot over here, they usually hack Practice Stage or Target Test 1. I'm waiting to see if someone can hack into a stage where you fight any of the bosses in SSE, lol :D

Yesterday I ran into a Samus, Marth, Link user who hacked Hyrule Temple into playing songs it's not supposed to, and he/she even hacked me and turned me into Giga Bowser XD It was funny.

That's awesome! XD I didn't realize that character hacks and music swaps could affect non-modded games.

I once was in a taunt party where we played dodge the Warlock Punch. So much fun if you don't roll, shield, spotdodge or jump because of the potential of Ganon turning around.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Taunt Parties are fail.

Taunting and jumping around with people you can't communicate with isn't fun. Then never seeing the "friends" you made ever again is even worse.

The fact that there's people out there that find taunting over and over with people you can't even communicate with baffles me. And then the fact that they jump innocent noobs trying to play the game they just bought is even worse.

It's just...dumb

I could understand if maybe you were like chatting while goofing around but considering the lack of communication it's just dumb to kill yourselves over and over for no reason. If you could talk, you could coordinate elaborate plans using the stages and items and laugh at it.

but you can't
Lol, late response here, sorry. But I gotta say this.

If we WANTED to make friends for Taunt Parties, we would've added eachother's friend codes and just started peaceful Taunt Parties from there. Does that sound fun?

NO

Taunt Partying with strangers is just so much more fun.
Taunt Partying with people you know on Wi-Fi is just plain awkward. <_<

Arcade

Smash Ace
If we WANTED to make friends for battles, we would've added eachother's friend codes and just started fighting from there. Does that sound fun?

NO

Fighting with strangers is just so much more fun.
Fighting with people you know on Wi-Fi is just plain awkward. <_<

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yep yep and yep
With
Anyone would suck if you knew who you were playin with >.<

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Meeting random people every time is fun haha...

Sometimes you meet the same person... like a month ago I had a G&W friend that I saw on basic brawl every week..yes I knew it was him, we did things to show it was us.
Sometimes you do meet the same people and you know it's the same person haha.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yep, me and my friend that gets on every friday go G&Ws, and all we do is croutch in union with BG xD

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
If we WANTED to make friends for battles, we would've added eachother's friend codes and just started fighting from there. Does that sound fun?

NO

Fighting with strangers is just so much more fun.
Fighting with people you know on Wi-Fi is just plain awkward. <_<
Lolz, I see wut 'chu did thar.

Yeah, in some ways, I feel bad for players that join the room expecting an exciting match only to end up seeing an unbothered Taunt Party.

To make things easier, I wish there was, like, servers or something to keep Taunt Partyists and regular Brawlers from joining the same room. And I guess Party Crashers could join the Taunt Party server if they feel like crashing, lol

CaptainOlimar123

Smash Journeyman
To make things easier, I wish there was, like, servers or something to keep Taunt Partyists and regular Brawlers from joining the same room. And I guess Party Crashers could join the Taunt Party server if they feel like crashing, lol
Too bad Nintendo has a lame online service.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Too bad Nintendo has a lame online service.
Quite.

They need to find a way to improve this, big time. Mario Kart Wii itself has nice online play (while it DOES still have some lag). Not to mention Nintendo needs to give up their way of adding friends. It's very inefficient IMO.

Also, fun taunt party yesterday, all Sonics and a Ganon. We attacked the Ganon, after he lost 3 lives I went under Battlefield and just did homing attack forever. :3

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Rofl, I always find it entertaining to see a Sonic do that! It's also pretty cool when someone goes underwater and stays underwater in the Pirate Ships stage by getting underneath a part of the ship that doesn't spike you. Of course, the fun in that ends when the stupid tornado or big rock interferes. >.<

And a little continuation with Taunt Parties with people in your Brawl Friend list...oh jeez. I'd hate to try and start a Taunt Party around a specific certain someone...(frickin' Wedge, you troll)

CaptainOlimar123

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention Nintendo needs to give up their way of adding friends. It's very inefficient IMO.
I know,right? I hate entering some long *** number thats hard to remember just to add someone. I wish there are just usernames instead of friend codes

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
I've participated in a few taunt parties! My favorite online Brawl goofing includes Zero Suit Samus crawling and Sonic suicides (because I HATE that hedgehog)! Also, to spread my Sonic hate propaganda, I sometimes spam the "you're too slow" taunt!

AceAttacker

Smash Cadet
One time I encountered a taunt party. Not knowing what a taunt party was at the time, I just beat the **** out of them. It was Ness, Lucas, and someone else. Ness and Lucas just spammed PK attacks, which made it easy for me to win.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
One time I encountered a taunt party. Not knowing what a taunt party was at the time, I just beat the **** out of them. It was Ness, Lucas, and someone else. Ness and Lucas just spammed PK attacks, which made it easy for me to win.
Were you a Red Kirby at that time???:)

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
I've participated in a few taunt parties! My favorite online Brawl goofing includes Zero Suit Samus crawling and Sonic suicides (because I HATE that hedgehog)! Also, to spread my Sonic hate propaganda, I sometimes spam the "you're too slow" taunt!
Lmao Wow, brawl me and you'll hate him even more. XD

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Speaking of Sonic..

Remember kiddies, Sonic is annoying you on purpose in Brawls because you end up losing your focus and become predictable. Do your best not to get trolled~

Of course, too many Party Crashers don't seem to understand that and go predictably berserk with Front Smashes when he's a Taunt Partyist.

When Sonic's a Party Crasher, well...he won't exactly get far without a Final Smash. :p

Bynine

Smash Cadet
I know,right? I hate entering some long *** number thats hard to remember just to add someone. I wish there are just usernames instead of friend codes
Oh, yes, because having usernames that could be copied, causing massive confusion online (or even worse, if one person gets a username, nobody else can have it) would be so much better than the TWELVE DIGIT CODE.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yes, because having usernames that could be copied, causing massive confusion online (or even worse, if one person gets a username, nobody else can have it) would be so much better than the TWELVE DIGIT CODE.
You should just have to enter their name and some random 2-digit number, that way it'd be easy with no confusion between names...like you'd have to remember "Fijoe34" instead of "4039-4340-8418"

Arcade

Smash Ace
This post is so correct, because picking usernames is such a broken, confusing system that practically no website and services use it, not even this forum. ohwait

They could have at least assigned you two randomly generated words as your friend code instead of numbers. Something like "Grave Flavor" or "Monitor Difference" is easy enough to remember just by repeating it a few times to yourself, unlike, say, 923659263578.

We're getting off topic here aren't we...

Uhh... I think Wario might be the best character for taunt parties. Stupid-looking crouch/crawl, stupid-looking moves, stupid-looking everything (lol), good taunts, fart, glitchy bike, and if a crasher comes he can chase, kill, and suicide if need be. And his FS is overpowered.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You should just have to enter their name and some random 2-digit number, that way it'd be easy with no confusion between names...like you'd have to remember "Fijoe34" instead of "4039-4340-8418"
I think Fijoe beat me to it:ohwell:

TheLightningViper

Smash Rookie
I know some tricks. Let me share some:
1. Run to a ledge and have the control stick or whatever to go downwards. This will cause your characters to keep on running and look funny to players who have never seen this trick.
2. Pikachu has more "invisible walls". Go to the top right of the screen. If you use your Thunder here, it will go through one, but only one.
3. Use your characters projectiles. Take Diddy Kong for example. His bananas makes great taunt parties.
4. If a Kirby is inside a taunt party, be an interesting character such as Pokemon Trainer. If Kirby takes your ability, use the B button with Kirby to make it more "amusing".

Some more signs of a taunt party is if Zelda is inside. Most Zeldas are taunters for the record. Most Peaches and Zero Suit Samuses are also common taunters. Kirby is a little iffy, but a lot of Kirbies are taunters.

Thanks for reading,

~Viper

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Step 1:go to basic brawl and find a room of taunters
Step 2: pick meta and start taunting
Step 3:embrace your taunting bro's with taunts
Step4:d-tilt lock the guy on hyrule who's not down with the party
step5: fellow taunters taunt and watch

Top Bottom