• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Pretty much every group I have been lately had at least 2 taunt partiers. Like it is rare to find a crasher. And they always suck. This has been happening for a week.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
You are 1 of the lucky ones who get into a FFA.
Meh, every time someone tries to start a taunt party I don't try to attack them. They usually have like 0% health while I have something around 100%, especially if I'm facing two stupid Ike's.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hmmm, it's true I don't see many parties either. I usually see a random Zelda come in, try to start a party and then she'd get jumped by everyone. It's very amusing. :laugh:

Nnedis

Smash Rookie
Anyone know of a certain green pikachu, whenever temple is picked he/she always hangs around the bottom of temple in a specific spot?
Oh I know what you mean. They usually spam thunder and down smash on that small cylinder platform at the bottom. I see this guy around, luring people into easy kos on that platform. Instead of that green pikachu, sometimes there is a normal coloured-zelda hanging there, spamming up smash as well.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I do that quite a bit sometimes. :p Usually to computers, they fall right into my upsmash and I just take it from there with down smash and up tilt to finish them off. haha

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Pretty much every group I have been lately had at least 2 taunt partiers. Like it is rare to find a crasher. And they always suck. This has been happening for a week.
That is untrue, crashers do not always suck. When I was a taunt parties there were some people who could crash us, like this green R.O.B and even a golden Ike.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
oh I am well aware that there are some good crashers. That post was about how lately, in the last few weeks, I have hardly met any good crashers. Like at all. Taunters make up like 80% of basic brawl.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
A lot of not just the good Crashers, but Partyists seem to be missing these days. I played about 20 matches in nearly 15 different rooms just a while ago and all I saw was crap between Partyists and Crashers. Both were suiciding a lot and had horrible aim with items. And the lag didn't even seem bad enough to affect those kind of skills. Maybe most the good players quit Basic Brawl or something.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
When Partyists play really aggressively (which is tempting when there's just one Crasher), yeah, they get screwed.

I just sit and watch. Occasionally taunt, but not so much that it annoys people. Not all Taunt Partyists act aggressively against Crashers. I'm one, and I just leave the Crasher alone. They end up leaving me alone as well since...well...it's no fun to hit someone that's gonna fight back, huh?

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I always facepalm at Taunt Partyists who are so aggressive that they sometimes hit or even KO other Partyists. That person is just asking to get ganged on by the Crasher AND the Partyist(s) he hit, lol

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I always facepalm at Taunt Partyists who are so aggressive that they sometimes hit or even KO other Partyists. That person is just asking to get ganged on by the Crasher AND the Partyist(s) he hit, lol
Hahaha, I love that. The party starts to get a war in 2 fronts. :chuckle:

I don't like taunt parties because of that. Most little kids don't know teamwork or how to think while they play. I don't want to "party" with amateurs and lose because of them. That and just standing back and watching a fight is no fun. I need teh action!

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Awesome, I just owned a room of partiers. 2 spamy Pikas that kept hitting a Marth trying to Brawl me. XD
They all left the room. Man, that makes you feel good!

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Usually I can handle when a "taunt player" is aggressive and just rushes in.. if they're nice to me, I'll be ok and stand back most of the time lol. But sometimes they are just mean, and not caring for their teammates... I usually don't turn on them, but I may have too. Usually I have a player supporting me.

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
Was in a basic brawl last night, formed an alliance with some dark link. The other two were a newb sonic and a Ness. That Ness was pretty good! I was actually able to get his FC, with the basic brawl multiplayer code -sometimes it'll let you 'send' a friend request, it'll actually only add that person's FC on your buddy list-

FC was 1032-0937-6273, if that person ever reads this, GGs!

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Was in a basic brawl last night, formed an alliance with some dark link. The other two were a newb sonic and a Ness. That Ness was pretty good! I was actually able to get his FC, with the basic brawl multiplayer code -sometimes it'll let you 'send' a friend request, it'll actually only add that person's FC on your buddy list-

Haha I get a ton of FCs on Basic Brawl, but the other player won't get yours, unfortunately :[

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar

Really? I didn't know it could do that. I can never get the multiplayer code to work so thats why I don't use it. You could try to google it the FC, and see what you get.

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
Really? I didn't know it could do that. I can never get the multiplayer code to work so thats why I don't use it. You could try to google it the FC, and see what you get.
Hmm, do you try to put on both BB multiplayer and team battle multiplayer code? If yes, then that's why it won't work. Try turning one only one of em.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice

Wait, whut? How? I know you just said something about how to do it, but I'm still new to Wi-Fi xD

I have had a few aggressive Taunt Partiers, but usually I can handle them. You know, unless they suddenly decide to attack one of the non-aggressive ones and fight for an hour before I decide to end the taunt party and attack one of the taunt partiers who weren't fighting. True story.

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
Wait, whut? How? I know you just said something about how to do it, but I'm still new to Wi-Fi xD

Random really, the option to obtain the person's FC. You get it just like when you swap codes in a friend brawl. Except you don't swap codes, you only add the brawler's FC in your buddy list.

Nik21

Smash Cadet
i love taunt partying! my favorite way to end the match is to take it into sudden death, kill any crashers, and then SD in a dramatic fashion. If you ever play basic brawl and see someone jump off of the tower thing on the right side of Hyrule and let themself fall to the bottom that could be me. especially if its yellow falco

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
People, stop SDing during Sudden Death. Bob-omb gauntlets are like 50% of the fun of a taunt party.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
People, stop SDing during Sudden Death. Bob-omb gauntlets are like 50% of the fun of a taunt party.
This, but if one of the taunters dies then everyone else should SD. It's not nice to keep taunters waiting lol

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Killing the other taunters isn't a good idea in Sudden Death, at least from what I saw. That's how some of my crashed Taunt Parties ended.

But I'm agree that I'm not a big fan of the ones who SD as soon as Sudden Death starts, because then the others have to die. Normally it's one of the best parts of a Taunt Party.

Ness/Lucas + PSI Magnet + people with projectiles + Temple or stages where you can hide or stay near offstage = ZOMG 0% on Sudden Death

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm gonna add a section on Sudden Death sometime

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Meh, I SD during Sudden Death if there's a Crasher that's waiting. From my experience, spending too much time on Sudden Death while a Crasher is waiting ends up in disconnections from the Crasher quitting the game.

Top Bottom