• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Sorry, but it's a bit too vague for me >_>

What were you thinking of, if I hear it, I guess I could sort of make out a shape?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Based on the shape of the shadow and what I can make of a blue suit, that image appears to be a chibi-formed Pheonix Wright. Though he has a strange marking on his forehead, the pointing finger and the "spikes" at the end of his head lead me to believe that Capcom's very own lawyer of justice will have a part in this game in some form or another.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Based on the shape of the shadow and what I can make of a blue suit, that image appears to be a chibi-formed Pheonix Wright. Though he has a strange marking on his forehead, the pointing finger and the "spikes" at the end of his head lead me to believe that Capcom's very own lawyer of justice will have a part in this game in some form or another.
I see where you're getting Phoenix from with the shoes and the spike-looking protrusions at the back of what could be a head, but that weird oval on the far right of the "head" just kind of makes me a little unsure if it's really him or not :ohwell:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I see where you're getting Phoenix from with the shoes and the spike-looking protrusions at the back of what could be a head, but that weird oval on the far right of the "head" just kind of makes me a little unsure if it's really him or not :ohwell:
I think the "oval" is actually a big cartoony eye. If you notice the "half oval" next to the shadow, the ovals become more like a pair of angry eyes. He looks like an angry (or evil) chibi.

Edit: Perhaps this could imply a story mode involving mind manipulation of some kind?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Definitely a chibified Phoenix Wright. It looks like the PW plushie I got with Phoenix Wright 3.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
TGS info.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs2008/schedule.html

14時30分~
Wii『タツノコ VS. CAPCOM CROSS GENERATION OF HEROES』(25分)
・Wii版オリジナル要素を一挙公開!
 そして新たなキャラクターの参戦も発表!
・初公開!!スペシャル映像放映!
・ガッチャマン、テッカマン役担当の声優、
 森功至さんが緊急出演!その他丸秘ゲストも・・・?

It confirms new character/s appearing in TGS...

...however, Katsuji Mori is making an appearance as well (as a guest). Now, I think I read that the new character will be "under his talent". He voiced three Tatsunoko characters in their anime - Tekkaman and Gatchaman, and he's still voicing them for TvC. The other one? Speed Racer.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Is Capcom trying to hint at a playable Phoenix Wright or Speed Racer? It would be kind of smash-like to give them fighting moves. I've never played a Phoenix Wright game but I'm going to take a wild guess and say he's not much of a fighter?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm looking forward to seeing PW and Speed in TVC, if they're playable that is...
Is there any news or hint if there will be WiFi? Using GGPO net code with this game would be sweet.

Deception

Smash Ace
Dang, I wished they would use the Roll design from Mega Man 8, where she looks slightly older and has a more detailed dress. Should be amusing to see Roll fight, however.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
BALLS YEAH!

Roll was one of my fav characters to use in MVC2 (to bad she sucked....), so it's great to see her return.

Now, here's just hoping for a US release....

SPC M. Angseth

Smash Cadet
I'm very excited about this game, especially after seeing Roll(love her), but I have an interesting bunch of ideas as to characters who need to appear on the Capcom side.

1. Joe
This game needs Joe. He fits into the over-the-top style perfectly, and with his various speed-up and slow-down attacks he'd be perfect. Think about it. Joe vs. Ryu:
"Kakkate koi!"
"HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!"
FIGHT!

2. Dante
Now, I'm not a fan of the DMC games but you've got to admit that this needs to happen. So many people have pushed for Dante's appearance in a Capcom fighting game, so can we please just make it happen?

3. Chris Redfield OR Albert Wesker
No RE character deserves a spot more than these two, and I'd prefer if only one of them made the cut. Jill was in MvC2 and she blew. Chris and Wesker deserve a shot at it now. I'd see Chris edging out Wesker due to his more recent appearance(RACISM BAWWWWWWWWW), but either one would be incredible. Although, me personally, I'd give the RE slot to my favorite RE character of all time if it were my decision.

Love her <3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Dang, I wished they would use the Roll design from Mega Man 8, where she looks slightly older and has a more detailed dress. Should be amusing to see Roll fight, however.
Agreed.

The Amano VS Inafune trend still continues. ;)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
So little Roll is getting a piece of this action huh? I must say I didn't expect another MM character (aside from Tron that is). She'll probably have her theme from MvC. It'd be interesting to see her specials. I'm curious as to how she'll react to seeing Trigger, you know a Megaman from one series and a Roll from another.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Original Roll? Didn't see that one coming.:eek: Well, as long as she's got that "Hyper Roll" move of hers, it's all good.

1. Joe
This game needs Joe. He fits into the over-the-top style perfectly, and with his various speed-up and slow-down attacks he'd be perfect. Think about it. Joe vs. Ryu:
"Kakkate koi!"
"HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!"
FIGHT!
This. Joe DEFINITELY needs to show up in that game, especially since he's a Henshin hero like Tatsunoko's best!

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
So yeah, various Japanese journals about TGS and even the 2ch boards of TvC point out that a silhouette of someone wielding two blades was found. Interestingly enough, there's a Capcom-owned, Inafune-made character who fits the bill.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
They actually put a rep from Quiz Nanairo Dreams? Weird...

Viewtiful Joe's a given, I'm glad they haven't abandoned him.
I haven't seen Gyakuten! Ippatsuman, so I don't know much about him.

I'm still waiting for a Devil May Cry rep.

Oh, and here's a question, are these Wii characters or will these characters be in the arcade version as well?

Edit: Never mind, got my answer.

Top Bottom