• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
TvC > Brawl

Oh Lord, I was just browsing through old Destructoid articles, and I came across one announcing Joe for this...and I **** myself. Cat Fight really needs to update the roster.

Also: Agrippa for the...win? Shadow of Rome was a half-decent game (seriously, half the time it was awesome, but half the time it was not), but...yeah that's kind of a mystifying pick, if it's true.

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
saki ftw! Hmmm does this mean we may possibly get michelle heart?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wouldn't mind if that ended up as the box art.

I still don't have a Wii, but I'm probably going to borrow my friend's just to play TvC.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
If they added Speed Racer, Dante, and either a Resident Evil representative or Phoenix Wright, I'd have no objections (not an intentional reference) towards the roster. I'm waiting before buying this game though just in case they decide to put an update on the disc.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thanks.

Saki reminds me of Cable with that gun of hers... just not as cheap.
Joe and Ippatsuman are pretty cool.

I also noticed that the box art has no wi-fi logo. If that's the final cover of the box art, I guess we're out of luck.

I'm still excited for TvC still. I don't know who I'll choose once the game comes out. The only characters I got to try out in Evo were Casshern and Yatterman.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I wouldn't really want to play a game like this online. Lag is bad enough in a less-technical game like Smash Bros., but if anybody's tried playing one of the Guilty Gear or KoF games over Xbox Live, you'll know how terrible the experience can be.

EDIT - Also I love the supers they gave Joe. "Mach Speed!!"

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Heh I've played Melty Blood online and it's actually pretty decent.

That's just me though. I just like it because playing someone is better than playing no one.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wouldn't really want to play a game like this online. Lag is bad enough in a less-technical game like Smash Bros., but if anybody's tried playing one of the Guilty Gear or KoF games over Xbox Live, you'll know how terrible the experience can be.

EDIT - Also I love the supers they gave Joe. "Mach Speed!!"
I was curious if they would do online play with GGPO and all.

Although, I don't know how well the Wii would be with GGPO since I don't know too much about that kind of stuff.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
No, that's definitely EngRish. Trust me, if Capcom had gotten Dee Bradley Baker onboard for this project...I'd really have no choice but to just go ahead and import the darn thing.

I still probably will, but not for a while, is all.

@Minato: Yeah I've only dabbled in the service, but I don't think Ninty would be too hot on Capcom making use of the service, even if it was compatible with Wii.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
So, do you HAVE to have TP in order to soft hack your wii? Because I don't want to have to re-buy a game I already own for the GC just to play this ;_;

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Oh um what? Super obscure anime characters? Could they at least ad some one remotely memorable rather than 80s-90s japanese cartoons that never saw the light of day in teh us?

Then again its only for japan.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Since they couldn't put Cable in, they did the next best thing, make Saki resemble Cable. Let's hope the "AHVB" isn't as broken as Cable's.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The video confirmed that Mega Man has his Shining Laser as one of his other supers (unless I missed it earlier or something).

Cool.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Saki doesn't even look a thing playing close to Cable. Cable had a j.fp projectile, his beams recovered faster in the air as well, and he had an incredible keep away game with nades and stuff...AHVB just put him over the top, however even if you removed AHVB from Cable he would still be very strong in MvC2 due to his good priority regular moves, beams and specials.

However I don't see anything thus far that even makes me say that Saki is on the same lvl as Cable in regards to dominance and playability. In fact, she doesn't even look to be very powerful at this point as well.

My only weeping moment for TvC is that it's only confirmed for the Wii thus far...and how many competitive Capcom players have a J-Stick for the Wii :laugh: ...I'd still want this baby for the PS3 at least the controller is way more playable and their would be a higher set of players with J-Sticks for that then on the Wii.

I'm hoping this goes Multi-Console.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nah, we're just saying that Saki's gun just resembles Cable's.

As for joysticks, I saw one for the Wii at store close to my house. Not going to pay 50 bucks for it since it'll only be useful for TvC and Guilty Gear (which I already own for the PS2, not Wii).

I was hoping this would've gone multi-platform as well. At least the Wii's getting a perfect port since the game was running on something that was similar to the same hardware.

And who knows, maybe this'll be a timed release.

Top Bottom