• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Cable FTW!, too bad he hasn't been seen though

and chok, I recall there was a Guity gear title on Wii it's called Guilty Gear: Accent Core

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
OneWingSephiroth said:
I'd still want this baby for the PS3 at least the controller is way more playable and their would be a higher set of players with J-Sticks for that then on the Wii.
Personally I'm not a big fan of the Dual Shock 3's D-pad. I much prefer the Classic Controller, or a SNES pad plugged into a VC Adapter.

But yeah, the PS3's userbase probably has more sticks floating around. That's not to say that Wii owners don't have the option (in fact, the Wii has the best arcade stick ever coming to it pretty soon)...we just don't have that much use for them.

@choknater: Yeah, it's a (better than the PS2 version) port of XX ^ Core. The Wiimote controls are crap, but it's great on a Classic, and perfect on a Hori Stick.

Nevermind. I was beaten to the punch...

OmegaXXII

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Dual Shock 3's D-pad. I much prefer the Classic Controller, or a SNES pad plugged into a VC Adapter.

But yeah, the PS3's userbase probably has more sticks floating around. That's not to say that Wii owners don't have the option (in fact, the Wii has the best arcade stick ever coming to it pretty soon)...we just don't have that much use for them.
Lol are you talking about the Hari Stick that's coming out soon also have you checked THIS OUT!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
My first impression of that beast is: FAKE. But...it is on Amazon, so...maybe it's just a mockup until they get production started, or something. I'd totally but it, in any case.

I was actually talking about the NEO GEO Stick 2, that's being made for Wii sometime in the near future (I'm too lazy to look up a date, really).

I have one of these for my PS2, and it's basically the best stick I've ever used, even if it is a tad light (but that's where the duct tape comes in!!).

OmegaXXII

I was actually talking about the NEO GEO Stick 2, that's being made for Wii sometime in the near future (I'm too lazy to look up a date, really).

I have one of these for my PS2, and it's basically the best stick I've ever used, even if it is a tad light (but that's where the duct tape comes in!!).

You mean to tell me it's also on PS2!!!? I must get this in order to play MvC2, I would mind the lightness though.
:)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The weight's really only an issue if you prefer playing with it resting on your lap. I almost always sit on the floor, or setup a table to play it on, in which it feels fine.

Good luck finding one though. As far as I know, it's only available in Japan, and most import sites have been out of stock for a while now. eBay'd probably be your best bet.

OmegaXXII

Good luck finding one though. As far as I know, it's only available in Japan, and most import sites have been out of stock for a while now. eBay'd probably be your best bet.
AW man! you just had to mentioned Japan only huh... :ohwell:

well nonetheless, I will still try pursuing it somewhere, as for the Wii I must get this one!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm not going to buy a Hori stick for the Wii, since I'm saving up for one of those Street Fighter joysticks for the 360/PS3. I find the Classic Controller for the Wii good enough as well.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Also, that TvC stick was made by the same dev that did the NG stick.

But yeah, the classic controller works fine. I would normally use my PS2 controller for this, but I can't find a **** PS2->GCN controller adapter (yeah, this game supports GCN controller).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also, that TvC stick was made by the same dev that did the NG stick.

But yeah, the classic controller works fine. I would normally use my PS2 controller for this, but I can't find a **** PS2->GCN controller adapter (yeah, this game supports GCN controller).
The new Nyko Classic Controller looks similar to the PS2's (don't know about the shoulder buttons though). So that could substitute if you didn't have a converter.

@OmegaKoopa

The TvC stick costs more than the game itself. I'd just buy the regular Hori stick.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
The new Nyko Classic Controller looks similar to the PS2's (don't know about the shoulder buttons though). So that could substitute if you didn't have a converter.

@OmegaKoopa

The TvC stick costs more than the game itself. I'd just buy the regular Hori stick.
The SNES themed Exar stick is cheaper than than the one with the TvC stick.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman

@choknater: Yeah, it's a (better than the PS2 version) port of XX ^ Core. The Wiimote controls are crap, but it's great on a Classic, and perfect on a Hori Stick.

Nevermind. I was beaten to the punch...

Umm..."best stick" is usually really preference...if you look at the majority or should I say 90% of ALL competitive players, nobody plays a stock stick period. Everyone usually brings there own custom stick, and no offense, but the stick you showed in that picture of the NeoGeo2 one...the button layouts are disgustingly horrible imo.

I need a nice Six Button lay out, the Wii TvC stick actually looks really good, because the button lay outs are nearly perfect. However again, most J-Sticks are custom built for that personal player.

I cannot play as well on my cousin's J-stick however I can play nearly flawless on mine, and vise versa to him. The reason why I said PS3 is because as you said, more access to players who would have J-Sticks, and not everyone will be carrying an extra plug to play OG controllers like the SNES (although that controller was pretty beast).

My hope is that this game goes multi-console.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
OneWingSephiroth said:
Umm..."best stick" is usually really preference...if you look at the majority or should I say 90% of ALL competitive players, nobody plays a stock stick period. Everyone usually brings there own custom stick, and no offense, but the stick you showed in that picture of the NeoGeo2 one...the button layouts are disgustingly horrible imo.
I suppose. I'm the only person I know that owns an AES, and I got it way back when I was first getting into gaming, so there's probably a good level of nostalgia influencing that statement.

But seriously, don't knock it til' you've tried it. The thing is absolutely perfect for 99.9% of the fighting games I've played on the Neo Geo and PS2. The button placement's obviously not the same as most sticks, but after you get over the shock, it's really very comfortable. Maybe even a little bit better.

...And I don't even really want to know what you mean by "custom sticks." There's already a large gap between people who buy arcade sticks just to play a few 2D fighters. I'm scared to see a gap larger than that.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
A lot of hardcore gamers that are into fighting games use custom sticks.

They mainly customize various parts such as the buttons, the sticks, the layout, and even the faceplate.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
A lot of hardcore gamers that are into fighting games use custom sticks.

They mainly customize various parts such as the buttons, the sticks, the layout, and even the faceplate.
Chief Mendez said:
...And I don't even really want to know what you mean by "custom sticks." There's already a large gap between people who buy arcade sticks just to play a few 2D fighters. I'm scared to see a gap larger than that.
*ahem*

...Anyway. That sounds ridiculous. I have problems thinking of how different buttons or how tweaking the calibration of a joystick would really make a discernible difference. But I can see it happening.

Which is the scary part.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm thinking of getting this stick with the PS2 and GC adapters.

http://www.massystems.com/ProStick.html

Looks pretty awesome, though I'm not sure if it's stock (dunno what you mean by that). I've heard really good things about it and I'm not sure if I'm willing to risk screwing up making my own stick and it's probably pretty expensive.
I'm not a personal fan of the tapered joysticks--I much prefer the spherical tops. They let me grip it from beneath and pull it around rather than from the top.

Otherwise that thing looks like a beast. Definitely going to need a table for that guy. :chuckle:

@Ookami: I thank you. I'm apparently the only guy in the world that actually enjoyed Dawn of Dreams, and one of the highlights of this game for me is seeing Soki going at it.

Awesome!

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
I don't have much of a problem with them. I need to buy my computer first though. It's gonna cost me a lot for the parts, but **** it's gonna be awesome.

Also, anyone have any links for where I might buy arcade parts and if anyone knows of a tutorial on how to go about putting one together.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Is Soki supposed to be a foreigner or something?
Because he looks a lot more German than he does Japanese.
Nope, he's Japanese. He does have demon powers though, so maybe that's got something to do with the "blond n' tan" thing.

...At least, I think so. It's been a while since I played his game, and even then, his origins probably weren't a real plot focus.

OmegaXXII

cba

Smash Master
WOW, i used to love RIVAL SCHOOLS. anyway, could this be similar to brawl?
im not getting the "Viewtiful joe" part.... is he in the game?
I would like someone from RE to be there, preferably jill, claire, or leon.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Apparently, Viewtiful Joe IS in it, and man, that's AWESOME. Woot!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This game MUST come out for the US, I don't want Japan getting all the games that I want over here. I'll say 2009 is when Wii get it's core gaming shine. :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
WOW. Roll looks awesome.

Is she really a maid or something? hahaha

I have no Megaman knowledge.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Viewtiful Joe?

I am now buying this game, despite me having no prior knowledge of Tatsunoko.

Top Bottom