• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAMPA TOURNAMENT AUG. 25th. - TWILIGHT SHOWDOWN© 6 Presented by ANGER MANAGEMENT©

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Teams:

queen xyz: 1st
Bane/aqua: 2nd
Phanna/Rohins:3rd
Hungrybox/F-0: 4th

And now for....

s o
h u
o t
u s
t

Hungrybox: You placed. Now you can scratch that off the "Things I HAVE to accomplish during high school" list.
Phanna: Only person there who beat me. Twice. And knocked me out. But hey, i got 3rd and you got second.
QDVS: Good stufff getting first. Never got to play you.
Lime backwards: Quarter money matches on IC were the ****t!!! You're really fun to play, man.
Monk: Your mario almost got the best of me....
Xyz: Close set, but thanks to monk i knew to pick Mute city as a counterpick.
Aqua: I really think you should have won. Really. But then you killed yourself and then you ran out of those gay super missles of gayness. Wtf am i saying your luigi is too beast.
Rohins: "I am so good at this game. Actually I was wrong, I suck." ROFL
Hiroshi: You beat me in friendles, which is why i banned final destination. Close set, thanks for the $3.
Chris: Too generous for the ride, man. Thanks so much. There was people at the tourney saying, "man, your link moves so quick!" Even though you lost. So just thanx for waiting those hours. Honestly.
Bane: I din't get to play you , but good stuff on teams. Your G&W combo vids are hilarious!!
Nick: Downward Spiral is placing next time. You know it. We got even closer, just like i got even closer to winning, so.......its a sign.
Rx: Fun money matches - you have to work on your technical skill with fox - there are lots of EXCELLENT vids on youtube that can teach you all of the advanced techniques. Still, fun friendles too.
Phanna again: grrrrr......Oh btw can you put the vids on youtube? Thanks.
The others: Yeah

3 Hungrybox : $15.00

:)

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
aqua - love buuug sick team almost had that ****.. need more practice.. i like knockin shielders back and fourth.. i feel like im in night at the roxbury or something... need to practice that more.. we broke too many shields..
qdvs - i actually stand a better chance against you nowadays... good ****..
hiroshi - at least my g&w gave you a run for your money
xyz - you and i.. are like even.. need to play more.. no more encouragement!!!! ****it.. lol
monk n lime - you guys did well on teams!! i knew you would hostess! need to call that ****..
cmroddy - man you almost had me.. i was blowing big balls.. i changed my ban from battle to fountain.. thanks man :-p
anger - fuc k that fuc king air horn.. you need your own laptop!!! hit me up next time im in town if you want a discount.. i still say you need to enter..
rohins n phanna - lol @ that ending.. sorry **** luck for both of you.. well its all phannas fault jk!

orlando people - anyone find an extra copy of smash layin around? :( i lost mine somewhere.. oh ya and i wanna play you guys

Zoro

Smash Champion
HUNGRYBOOOOOOOXXXXX- that's what im talking about guy!!!!!
BRIIIAAANNN- NASTEE Kissimmee peeps did good
CHRIIIIS-Is that you in last place???!!! We will have to fix that at iNet with some training. . too bad I can't give you any :(
Yep
Didnt win one match

I quit link

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
meh, i was doing pretty good today. i was actually able to take one from phanna, that made me happy. i was thoroughly surprised that i didnt take 3rd. i was so close. oh wells, im going to have to take it next time. also, i recorded every single tourney match i had, so that should be interesting..

shoutouts:

WATO:
hiroshi-good ****, you did pretty well as the day went on. besides your 2nd lost, you should haveno regrets.
zoro-hey, i got last last time. its all good. i made it up this time. i would suggest workig on your falcon or falco more cuz link is just too hard.
nick-you didnt enter, good ish in teams
hungrybox-good ish on 3rd, you beat mad names.
vericz and uuaa-you didnt come and ****.
al-you were saving money to go to the virgin islands.

everybody else:
xyz-we'll learn how to beat jiggz together, lol.
qdvs- wtf,at us not playing AT ALL.
phanna- you are so fvcking tricky. it was tough fighting you. i am happy i was finally able to take 1 game away from you in a tournament match. good ish.
bane- hahah, your falcon got ***** *****, 3 stock mofo, just messing gah, your gdub *****.
monk-wtf, my falco got nothing on your mario (but my sheik does lol)
limebackwards- keep working on that link boi.
rohins- intense matches boi, i fvcking hate corneria. its not fair.
aqua-we still havent fvcking played.
anger-can you just fvcking join a tournament already.
cmroddy-good seeing you again
vzakat-still got a nasty roy i see
manko-we fvcking **** in friendly team games.

had fun, but the comp at tampa is weak compared to giga. more people need to start going to tampa....peace

-hiroshi

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
alright lets see how many people I can remember playing...
---
Manko- Always good to see you again man. I like how just out of nowhere you walked up behind me to see me edge tech two attacks in a row
Vzakat- Didn't play that many matches against you mostly just the team friendlies at the beginning but still good stuff man
Freddy-...needs to check SmashBoards
Lime- It was a team attack I threw you into them
Anger- Good job running this tournament also good job performing miracle surgery on the brackets
Aqua, Bane- good job taking second in teams however **** you and that ****ing rest bane lol
Phanna, Rohins-... I don't even know what to say... Mario Mario vs Mario Link on FD...what the balls...there is no way that was a tournament match that was just too fun if I had a car I'd say we should hang out sometime but...I don't have a car
Hiroshi- good **** man I still hate that Mario vs Shiek match up and I think that's a match-up no matter how good I get will always kick my ***
Hungrybox- good **** dude I don't know the Mario vs Jiggs matchup too well but I'm not complaining. I picked Mute City cause I knew I was going to lose that matchup pretty hard and I figured I'd experiment...
Glad I could help lol
Deth- good Samus man glad I could meet you we'll get in some more matches one of these days
---
if there is anyone I forgot feel free to post "HEY MONK U 4GOT TO PUT ME IN TEH SHOUTOUT LIST I HATE YOU!111!!1!1!@ONE" or some other version of that

Edit also Phanna..."I was at the gas station and I decided to see if they had any Wiis"

Maverick's C0CK

Smash Journeyman
Teams:

queen xyz: 1st
Bane/aqua: 2nd
Phanna/Rohins:3rd
Hungrybox/F-0: 4th

And now for....

s o
h u
o t
u s
t

Hungrybox: You placed. Now you can scratch that off the "Things I HAVE to accomplish during high school" list.
Phanna: Only person there who beat me. Twice. And knocked me out. But hey, i got 3rd and you got second.
QDVS: Good stufff getting first. Never got to play you.
Lime backwards: Quarter money matches on IC were the ****t!!! You're really fun to play, man.
Monk: Your mario almost got the best of me....
Aqua: I really think you should have won. Really. But then you killed yourself and then you ran out of those gay super missles of gayness. Wtf am i saying your luigi is too beast.
Rohins: "I am so good at this game. Actually I was wrong, I suck." ROFL
Hiroshi: You beat me in friendles, which is why i banned final destination. Close set, thanks for the $3.
Chris: Too generous for the ride, man. Thanks so much. There was people at the tourney saying, "man, your link moves so quick!" Even though you lost. So just thanx for waiting those hours. Honestly.
Bane: I din't get to play you , but good stuff on teams. Your G&W combo vids are hilarious!!
Nick: Downward Spiral is placing next time. You know it. We got even closer, just like i got even closer to winning, so.......its a sign.
Rx: Fun money matches - you have to work on your technical skill with fox - there are lots of EXCELLENT vids on youtube that can teach you all of the advanced techniques. Still, fun friendles too.
Phanna again: grrrrr......Oh btw can you put the vids on youtube? Thanks.
The others: Yeah

3 Hungrybox : $15.00

:)
stfu esam you got owned.

vericz

Smash Champion
Anger BARELY touches the pot, The door fee covers any venue fees and he probably takes out like 10 or somthing to even out the prizes, good junk.

I'll own next time I go

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Q only got $80. I don't know the reason for that.

One shout out...
**** hungrycock... your homo antics at playing jiggs is annoying. If I could never face you again, it would be a perfect world. Till then, I'm picking up my marth JUST for your jiggs.

Ps- take a fvcking shower, the whole venue said you smelled like ****.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Q only got $80. I don't know the reason for that.

One shout out...
**** hungrycock... your homo antics at playing jiggs is annoying. If I could never face you again, it would be a perfect world. Till then, I'm picking up my marth JUST for your jiggs.

Ps- take a fvcking shower, the whole venue said you smelled like ****.
Sorry for actually trying.

And please, go ahead and pick Marth.

Funny thing is, I took a shower and wore new pants yesterday.

Weird, right?

Quit getting so mad....
I play gay with jiggs just like Darksonic plays gay with Marth, but,
what are you gonna do?

Its just the way people play.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
huh? see what? i used to play jiggs, and still do in teams... its about about pick and run, or if you hit, try and continue it

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
25% of the teams pot was taken out, 44% (100 bucks) about was taken from the singles pot...I only got 80 bucks for 1st with a 225 pot for singles!!!

2nd got 30 and 3rd got 15!!!

I mean I DID ask Anger to explain it to me...but I still don't fully understand why after door fee THAT much money was taken out of the pot!!!

I believe he said he wanted to make the pay outs come out clean or something to that extent, I just felt teams and singles should be consistent in how much is taken out, but meh maybe I just didn't understand fully....I guess I'll stop with my fickle rant...lol

Overall it was a really fun tourney, just confuzzled about the logic behind the payouts!!!

:colorful:

EDIT: I like winning money so sue me...>_<

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
I got there late, but I had fun being there at my first tourney. Though, I did not compete...but, next time I get a chance to come out to one (and can be there the whole time) I'll compete just to get experience in.

Was fun watching the 2v2's - my friends (Team Kilo) competed in 2v2 and had fun, but didn't do so well as it was their first tourney too. Congrats to xYz and QDVS...those were some great matches to watch. Anger, let us know when the replays are up.

Thanks to f-0 for playing some friendlies w/ us. That's where I learn the most, playing with people better.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
ok i didnt realize anger took that much.. that really pisses me off... i either want a really good explanation or i want half..($70).. cause you used my laptop when yours crapped out
so 2nd or 3rd doesnt even get to cover gas expenses and food.. and they still payed a door fee on top of that..
if you take out that much again.. i wont be attending..

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Bane, OTRU and Skrach haven't been smashing much lately but you can come smash with me if you want (I live with them). My AIM is SheerMadness10 gimmie me an IM whenever you wanna smash.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
lol i dont hate you hungry.. i didnt like hiroshi for a while cause he was talkin crap.. but its funny when he loses, and im over it so its all good now lol

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
What I took out covers the expenses that I have. The total I took was $130. What I actually made off of the tournament was $60. What it costs me in ink for the flyers and cards I make to hand out is around $50 and that is with my discount. Then about $20 covers gas to drive from Plant City to Brandon. $10 there and $10 back home. The remaining $60 helps me get through two weeks till I get paid again at my real job. My checks from Circuit City range between $200 - $250 every two weeks. There are some days where I do not eat simply because I can not afford it. I wait till I get home and heat up a $0.33 burrito from Wal-Mart because I can't afford other places to eat at. The day of the tournament I ate nothing all day except an Air Head and a Milky Way from Area 51. I still live at home because I can't afford to move out so my parents help with what they can. I'm in the hole around $675 and I take out around $200 every pay check to give to my parents for my bills.

If I'm taking out too much let me know and I'll only take a little. If you want I can set a flat rate.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
anger did you notice all the newbs that were ready to enter the tournament.. and didnt cause they got plenty of friendlies in before.. you need to not have friendlies during doubles.. or have doubles and singles at the same time.. and fence off a smash area and have a waiting area so newbs cant get in free play right away.. so you can raise the pot.. otherwise flyers are pointless... there was tons of newbs ready to enter.. then i saw them playing everyone and just left after doubles... or have singles/doubles sign up when you pay at the door... or something.. need to get them newbs in it to raise the pot!!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
YES!!! HAHAHA!!!

good **** mangz :D
Anger made fun of you at the tourney rofl.

What I took out covers the expenses that I have. The total I took was $130. What I actually made off of the tournament was $60. What it costs me in ink for the flyers and cards I make to hand out is around $50 and that is with my discount. Then about $20 covers gas to drive from Plant City to Brandon. $10 there and $10 back home. The remaining $60 helps me get through two weeks till I get paid again at my real job. My checks from Circuit City range between $200 - $250 every two weeks. There are some days where I do not eat simply because I can not afford it. I wait till I get home and heat up a $0.33 burrito from Wal-Mart because I can't afford other places to eat at. The day of the tournament I ate nothing all day except an Air Head and a Milky Way from Area 51. I still live at home because I can't afford to move out so my parents help with what they can. I'm in the hole around $675 and I take out around $200 every pay check to give to my parents for my bills.

If I'm taking out too much let me know and I'll only take a little. If you want I can set a flat rate.
Oh man i feel like a total jerk right now.....

Sorry if i complained. It was an EXCELLENT tourney though: one of the best i have been to. If you want a huge pot ask if you can rent out an area in CFL: Pots of up to $500.

Renth:
Why should i camp? I always go in for my kills.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
anger- as poor as you might be, your not supposed to be taking oney out just for you. screw the flyers and cards. thats wasted money. the point of door fee is so the pot doesnt get *****, but at TS is tsill kinda does get *****. im with queen, it makes no sense. i am poor too. i have to pay for my cell phone bill, my dads, and my moms. pluse everything else i need minus car insurance. and i have a gurl who is kind of high maintenancey. but i dont use iGT to make a profit.

bane- ofcourse i was talking crap. with all do respect I KNOW I AM BETTER THAN YOU. so the 1st time in teams when me and vericz lost to you and everybody made it like you were so much better than us got me mad. and ofcourse, that same tournament, when we had to play you again in losers bracket (and we ***** you, we like 3 stocked you and 4 stocked you, nobody was watching). then we play mad friendlies, and you finally beat me once, and you say you studied me or something like that. please, no you didnt, you just got the best of me that game. i made some errors and you punished them. then yesterday. i destroyed your falcon. i was like, wtf, what happened to bane? i remember, doing like 6 ftilts in a row IN PLACE. no DI much? w/e. i know how good i am. its just the thing i HATE the most is losing to somebody i know im better than. i HATE that so much. but, that was how i felt last TS. like you, i am over that already, i just brought it up for the sake of reinforcing my point. i will try not to bring this up again. cuz i had no hard feelings when i was with you yesterday, and playing and crap. w/e. hiroshi is ****!!!... its too bad i get sooooooooooo mad when i lose...peace

EDIT:
Oh man i feel like a total jerk right now.....

Sorry if i complained. It was an EXCELLENT tourney though: one of the best i have been to. If you want a huge pot ask if you can rent out an area in CFL: Pots of up to $500.

Renth:
Why should i camp? I always go in for my kills.
you shouldnt feel like a jerk and you shouldnt be sorry that you complained. regardless of your financial situation you shouldnt really be using tournaments to get free money. no hard feelings anger, but thats just not right. qdvs got screwed, he most def deserved more money.
HUNGRYBOX, listen, im cool wit u, but YOU FVCKING CAMP!!! thats what jiggs does, thats why no one likes playing you and everybody hates losing to you. no one likes to lose to a camper. jigglypuffs playstyle in general is to camp with WOP until you connect and THEN you go in for your kills. but you have to camp like a ***** before you start going aggressive. and thats the annoying part. ESPECIALLY when you camp on the edge, IT IS SOOOO FVCKING ANNOYING!!!! it takes all the fun out of the game.

-hiroshi

hungrybox

Smash Legend
anger- as poor as you might be, your not supposed to be taking oney out just for you. screw the flyers and cards. thats wasted money. the point of door fee is so the pot doesnt get *****, but at TS is tsill kinda does get *****. im with queen, it makes no sense. i am poor too. i have to pay for my cell phone bill, my dads, and my moms. pluse everything else i need minus car insurance. and i have a gurl who is kind of high maintenancey. but i dont use iGT to make a profit.

bane- ofcourse i was talking crap. with all do respect I KNOW I AM BETTER THAN YOU. so the 1st time in teams when me and vericz lost to you and everybody made it like you were so much better than us got me mad. and ofcourse, that same tournament, when we had to play you again in losers bracket (and we ***** you, we like 3 stocked you and 4 stocked you, nobody was watching). then we play mad friendlies, and you finally beat me once, and you say you studied me or something like that. please, no you didnt, you just got the best of me that game. i made some errors and you punished them. then yesterday. i destroyed your falcon. i was like, wtf, what happened to bane? i remember, doing like 6 ftilts in a row IN PLACE. no DI much? w/e. i know how good i am. its just the thing i HATE the most is losing to somebody i know im better than. i HATE that so much. but, that was how i felt last TS. like you, i am over that already, i just brought it up for the sake of reinforcing my point. i will try not to bring this up again. cuz i had no hard feelings when i was with you yesterday, and playing and crap. w/e. hiroshi is ****!!!... its too bad i get sooooooooooo mad when i lose...peace

-hiroshi
wow.

I had an orgasm just reading that.

I didn't really expect that....

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anger: I wasn't mad, just didn't understand!!! :)

Everyone else: Stop bickering cause I own you all!!! ;)

BTW Good **** to Rohins for being the only one to take a match from me in singles!!!

Awesome teaming with you xyz, we ***** teams hard yayuhz!!!

Rx I 4 stocked you with Ganon, good **** on taking my 2 bucks!!!

Dave: Fun *** matches...some of the most fun matches we've had IMO...janky stages FTW?!!?

Aqua + Zorak: Good **** taking us to game 5 that first set we played in teams, I had to pull out thr Marth though!!!

Manko/cmroddy/vzakat: Pretty fun matches/FFAs we played...we should get more in the future!!!

Everyone else I played: Fun matches we had!!!

Sorry if I forgot anyone!!!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Anger: I wasn't mad, just didn't understand!!! :)

Everyone else: Stop bickering cause I own you all!!! ;)

BTW Good **** to Rohins for being the only one to take a match from me in singles!!!

Awesome teaming with you xyz, we ***** teams hard yayuhz!!!

Rx I 4 stocked you with Ganon, good **** on taking my 2 bucks!!!

Dave: Fun *** matches...some of the most fun matches we've had IMO...janky stages FTW?!!?

Aqua + Zorak: Good **** taking us to game 5 that first set we played in teams, I had to pull out thr Marth though!!!

Manko/cmroddy/vzakat: Pretty fun matches/FFAs we played...we should get more in the future!!!

Everyone else I played: Fun matches we had!!!

Sorry if I forgot anyone!!!

how could you forget the 'box.....

Oh yeah we didn't play.

Lol.

You got too much money.

Edit:
(To brian)

oh. kay.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Everyone else: Stop bickering cause I own you all!!! ;):colorful:
what he meant to say was

hiroshi: Stop bickering cause I OWN you noob!!! ;):colorful:
btw, dont overlook my edit of my last post regarding the pot **** and hungrybox's camping antics. plus i realize how harsh my last post came out. but oh wells, im not gonna take it back, im too hardcore. man up b1tches...peace

EDIT: SMASH IS FO' FIGHTERS!!! KNUCKLE UP HO'S!!!! I GOTZ DEM FIGHTING WERDZ!!!

-hiroshi

Top Bottom