• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Pic is borked?

Either way I'll take your word for and say YESZ!

@Zeph, I'll find it and see what I can do ;D
Wait, do you mean Kid Bowser the project or some user I can't seem to find?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ok, it was just a tiny bit misleading but I figured as much.

So, simple, concise, and organized. I'll start working on it in about 2 hours.
Wish I reserved posts at the beginning :p

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed that the pic didn't work v.v BUT I'll make up for it with this;

http://ioj.com/v/v3h62

It seems that inside the .bin I found under Part1/BATTLE/CHARACTER/ has a .brres in it, I'll try extracting it now

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Hey, wasn't the group working on Zero saying they found no CHR0's, but .mot's and/or .bin's? Do you know if they already checked inside those like you have with these?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I did check the mot files and I believe that mot is an abbreviation for motion, because they were .brres packages, and I found 1 chr0 in each, also update:

http://ioj.com/v/8eiuu

Pic ^

I managed to hex it out that far, but I have no idea how the header is supposed to be formatted for brawl's brres format, I'll hand this over to anyone savvy enough (Hopefully RTB isn't busy)

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Just for the lolz I was searching thru the .brstm section of the iso and I found over 1000 .brstms O.O

Upon further inspection each one is a voice clip from a cutscene somewhere in the game, I also found a .brsar but have no way of opening it up and investigating it for sfx. Speaking of which, are we using symphonia 2's sfx or symphonia1?

Lawl, double post, my bad.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Then I suppose it's worth telling them that they could look through those for CHR0's. If we can get a consistent hexing process from someone, likely RTB, then that would help three projects right there.
You could ask Stoney too, but I haven't seen a post from him in a little while.

Cleaned up the OP somewhat. Tell me what I could still work on.

Just for the lolz I was searching thru the .brstm section of the iso and I found over 1000 .brstms O.O

Upon further inspection each one is a voice clip from a cutscene somewhere in the game, I also found a .brsar but have no way of opening it up and investigating it for sfx. Speaking of which, are we using symphonia 2's sfx or symphonia1?

Lawl, double post, my bad.
ToS1 SFX. If Cleod can reference me to the guy who originally got the rips, I'm hoping to get everything from him.

Added ds22's character select text to the OP under downloads.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, well I found another .bin that, upon further exploration had an mdl0 in it (Lloyd's?) I'll search further or chr0s.

There better be something in here, its 1.5 MB, and I haven't found any other .brres files in the whole .iso D:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Mm, swords per chance? Actually, I believe ds22 said he found where the sword models are.
I asked in the Bowser Jr. thread if they specifically fixed just the grab glitch or if Snoopy even got the thrown glitch out of the way. It'd be nice to have Lloyd almost completely fixed up minus the lighting issue which RTB said he would look into sometime (since it affects every MDL0 that is imported).

By that point, we really only need to confirm hexed animations working and then get the moveset setup for the PSA.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I know where the weapons are (Under weapons xD) I'm 99% certain that the battle animations are under BATTLE/CHARACTER in the .bin file, I'm having someone look at it right now to see if they can help me extract the .brres package I found inside.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Geez, I hate these BAD GATEWAY errors. I finished the texture like 3 hours ago but couldn't share.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2uxmzylgjni

Sorry there aren't any closer pics. I dont know how AngelGlory did that side by side thing in BrawlBox. I would've if I could.
Maybe someone can do that for me?
I moved the eyes closer together though.

I also gave the hair some texturing as well as the pants and tunic. The belts also got a better look.
The tunic is also a slightly brighter red than AngelGlory's. I prefer it that way but tell me what you think.

You can't really see any of the new expressions Lloyd has because none of his animations use them yet. But you can see their file in BrawlBox. *shrugs*

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wow, very good work Zephron! I'll have to check those out in-game. Also, is it me or is there just not any apparent lighting glitch? Or maybe that's because it flickers, I have no idea. I want to see the eyes up close so I'll take a look at the textures while Smashboards is not failing.

Thanks a ton.

Also, I think if you open it up in BrawlBox and set the background to black, you can take a screen pic of Lloyd with and without the textures.

EDIT: On closer inspection, the eyes are really good and the expressions are great. The overall feel of the texture is great.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Geez, I hate these BAD GATEWAY errors. I finished the texture like 3 hours ago but couldn't share.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2uxmzylgjni

Sorry there aren't any closer pics. I dont know how AngelGlory did that side by side thing in BrawlBox. I would've if I could.
Maybe someone can do that for me?
I moved the eyes closer together though.

I also gave the hair some texturing as well as the pants and tunic. The belts also got a better look.
The tunic is also a slightly brighter red than AngelGlory's. I prefer it that way but tell me what you think.

You can't really see any of the new expressions Lloyd has because none of his animations use them yet. But you can see their file in BrawlBox. *shrugs*
Nice texture Zeph!

Also, the way brawl animates textures is rather confuzzling, which is why he only will have his blank stare until someone cracks it.

AG probably did that with photoshop, lol.

His eyes are rather large now O.O

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Put him in BrawlBox and test with an animation. Trust me, it looks pretty good. The eyes do seem a little large, but still solid work.

Question, Zeph. This is using the most recent set ds22 put out, right? If not, I can easily export the texture data into it. Just making sure so I can add this to the update.

I really hope we can get expressions working. Lloyd's got some fun faces to work with, especially his hurt and lose animation.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I'm talking with rtb about the issues with lloyd, particularly extracting the .brres packages from the .bin archives. And you're right, the texture is delicious :D

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It probably looks funky because he's comparing it side-by-side. That's what I thought until I put an animation to test on him.
I hope RTB makes some progress. This will really jumpstart things if we can use a lot of these.

EDIT: http://www.talesonline.net/symphonia/lloyd_ani_face_06.gif
Yeah, he's spot-on minus some extremely minor details (I mean extremely minor, seriously). That being forehead space and that's the last thing I'm worried about.
Oh yeah, if we were to get anymore dedicated about this, I'd have a vertex editor move the hair precisely to match, but you see how ridiculously unnecessary that would be lol.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Glad you guys like it. I can make the eyes a little smaller if you guys think he needs it.

I don't think I put the most recent download on there. Replace the textures with the most recent just for safety.

Anything else you want me to change?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
well, i tried to fix it so he could be thrown, but it seems as though thats as good as it will be. i think ds22 worked some of his hexing magic, because Lloyd does have a HipN, but its in a different spot than what it would have normally been. it's a good thing though, because he can at least be grabbed and not glitch up, although an instant death from being thrown isn't very good either. i'll see if there's anything else i can do, but i'm not sure of what else can be done to fix it. i think i need to bug ds22 and see if he'll teach me his hexing trick, maybe it has to do with a different bone than just the HipN. actually, now that i think about it, ds22, try reindexing the ThrowN bone to index 72, because that's where Wolf's is originally, right now it's at 124, that might have something to do with it.

ds22

Smash Lord
Glad you guys like it. I can make the eyes a little smaller if you guys think he needs it.

I don't think I put the most recent download on there. Replace the textures with the most recent just for safety.

Anything else you want me to change?
It was the most recent download, so don't worry.
And the eyes do look a bit big, but it is a nice retexturing.

well, i tried to fix it so he could be thrown, but it seems as though thats as good as it will be. i think ds22 worked some of his hexing magic, because Lloyd does have a HipN, but its in a different spot than what it would have normally been. it's a good thing though, because he can at least be grabbed and not glitch up, although an instant death from being thrown isn't very good either. i'll see if there's anything else i can do, but i'm not sure of what else can be done to fix it. i think i need to bug ds22 and see if he'll teach me his hexing trick, maybe it has to do with a different bone than just the HipN. actually, now that i think about it, ds22, try reindexing the ThrowN bone to index 72, because that's where Wolf's is originally, right now it's at 124, that might have something to do with it.
You see, it doesn't matter which index ThrowN has, as long as it is included in the model.
Changing the index to 72 won't change anything with the throwing (I suspect it is related to the animations translating ThrowN and stretching it out to much which ends in instant death, but I'm not sure).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Alright, thanks for the input Snoopy.
And with that confirmation, I'll put that up there (not replacing the current one since that has everything else).
If it's very little trouble, test slightly smaller eyes and possibly move them down a tiny bit for the forehead space.

EDIT: So, do we need animations on that before we can solve anything?

Zephron

Smash Ace
@ GameDominator06: You have a coding error on the OP, you said [/color="yellow"] when it should just be /color.

Simple fix. :3

So, do we need animations on that before we can solve anything?
Let's get his swords in his hands first <_<
Kinda essential. Just a little.

Lloyd also needs to have all the essential animations on him (Everything but his moves.. That's all run animations, winning losing falling hurt ducking etc etc.)

Then we can debate the moveset and agree on version 1, then the animators put those animations on Lloyd, then we debate the moveset more, and edit it and stuff.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Alright. Thanyou and I are on Skype after he did a massive memory dump of the last fight with Lloyd in the party. There's seriously 685MB of content and he has found several CHR0's (and that's only the beginning). He is going to report the findings in the MDL0 thread while giving all the successful animations here.

Also...

I blame Marth's perfect posture. If you compare Lloyd to Ike, he's almost perfectly sized.

Also, SSE didn't crash with Lloyd O_o.
A couple other neat experiments were holding a Home Run Bat and the hold item point needs to be adjusted (not a big concern right now).

By the way, Lloyd is really lucky and doesn't have the lighting glitch.
In fact, when I get access to my PC again, I'll get the snapshots and show them. They're really good actually.

thanyou is finding all kinds of clever stuff to mess with >_>
idkwtfthisissrsly
And a vid to go along with it

Yo Zeph, if you have Skype, get on. This is such epic ****. Look for our exact names on Skype.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Picture poast
I tried Lloyd in SSE for lulz and it didn't freeze!
Shield origin is lol and bad hair happens

Spot-lighting lookin' good

Lloyd + Super 'Shroom

Thought this looked cool

lolbunnyhood

Lloyd doesn't know which way it goes; also animation bugs are cool

Fan is almost in the right spot

The hammer is not >_>

This... thing happens on the first frame of an aerial

Bat isn't there either...

Eh, no

It's almost Sonic Thrust

The effect is there, the item is not

fleish

Smash Cadet
...Does Lloyd's eyes look a little funky to anyone? Or is it just me?

Anyway, OH MY GOD LLOYD. ASDFGHJKL.

...Uh...here are some of my various ideas for a moveset (totally a fanboy SHUT UP):

Forward Smash = Beast.

Down Smash = Demonic Circle or Fierce Demon Fang.

Up Smash = I dunno. Possibly his Unison Attack animation, but angled upwards?

I definitely agree on his basic A combo being Sword Rain.

A forward tilt = his standard "HAHH HAHH TEIHH" combo. Kinda like Meta Knight's.

B = Demon Fang. :]

B up = some form of Tempest. Psi Tempest would probably be the best in terms of application and speed.

B down = either 1) Guardian (basically Reflector) or 2) Counter (the EX Skill!) (Marth/Ike's Counter)

B forward = I dunno. Sonic Thrust? It could push the enemy back.

Neutral Areal = Tempest. Like Meta Knight.

Down Areal = Rising Falcon. It would cause Lloyd to dive towards the ground, much like Sonic, ZS Samus, and Toon Link.

Final Smash = Falcon's Crest. I mean, could it really be anything else?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
More updates; I found where the chr0s in the dump were at, and I found emil's model, as well as his animations (In the game when I dumped it, Emil was p1, marta was p2, richter was p3, and lloyd was p4)

http://ioj.com/v/d6m47

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
amazing progress on Lloyd can't wait till he's done, my favorite characters from tales of symphonia are Lloyd,Regal,Zelos and Sheena ^^

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
...Does Lloyd's eyes look a little funky to anyone? Or is it just me?
It's different at first, but I've gotten really used to it. I think Zephron may attempt shrinking the eyes by a small amount, but either way I think it's fine.

More updates; I found where the chr0s in the dump were at, and I found emil's model, as well as his animations (In the game when I dumped it, Emil was p1, marta was p2, richter was p3, and lloyd was p4)

http://ioj.com/v/d6m47
Haha, Lloyd would look awesome with Emil's run. So, do you think player order will put Lloyd at the bottom of that giant file? If that is true, should I just start at the bottom given that Zephron is probably going to do recolors?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Haha, Lloyd would look awesome with Emil's run. So, do you think player order will put Lloyd at the bottom of that giant file? If that is true, should I just start at the bottom given that Zephron is probably going to do recolors?
Not a bad idea, the only thing is that you DOCUMENT everything you extract, offset wise. If you get to it faster than me (Which I doubt cuz I'm at Marta now, lmao) then write down the offsets at which you found the bres packages. I'll upload a pic of lloyd with marta's run in a moment, its pretty lulzy.

The edit which pierces the heavens: Marta's attacks have been found, my theory is correct, Lloyd will show up soon, just you watch :D

http://ioj.com/v/rtihv

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
+1 rep to thanyou for having a Fate Stay Night background.

As for the moveset discussion. I think it'd be kinda weird for both nair and up B to both be tempest. Maybe up B could be tiger rage?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I am all for moveset discussions, but I'm in favor of the current one over fleishe's, but its not that bad, as long as we get the animations, we can talk about movesetting as much as we want.

Zephron

Smash Ace
You'll be getting plenty of those soon enough <_<

Up B should be Tempest because Lloyd needs to move upwards in order to do it, and it would make an excellent recovery move. I recommend using another move for Nair. GameDominator wants a controllable Tempest, which is fine but that's possible through the Up B.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Up B should be Rising Falcon. That is all.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of having Nair be tempest, it fits better, yah know? I'm still undecided on what UpB should be.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, Lloyd doesn't have much of a rising move that we haven't already tied the base arte to (Tempest to Nair, Tiger Blade to Fair, Rising Phoenix is just a fiery Rising Falcon and it doesn't make sense for a recovery move).

I'm hoping to start working on animations today and then we could Skype again. ds22 goes by GMT+1 time so we're a bit limited on having him chat with us. Regardless, Zephron could probably work on textures and show some results while thanyou and I (weird to say every time) dig through the files.

thanyou, if you could either PM me the step-by-step process (because Skype doesn't quite get the message across and I'd have to constantly scroll up and see it) or post it somewhere (likely the MDL0 thread), that'd be great.
I might be working a CoN3 dump for ds22 while I'm doing that.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
I've been gone for a while so I'm just getting into this now. I created the moveset for the Lloyd project when KC:MM tried to start and then decided they couldn't or whatever the heck happened there. As you may guess, I would like to have input in the moveset discussion. I also have qualifications as a huge ToS fan, but I think most of the people in this thread do.

First, though, I would like to give you guys a peace offering since you'll be very sick of me by the time this is done. I made these last time when, once again, KC:MM was trying to make Lloyd. You should put them in the OP. They're a bunch of perfectly looped ToS .brstm files that I made to go along with Lloyd. They have both the name of the song and which song it is, i.e. "Full Force (Sylvarant Battle theme)."

Without further ado, here is the url.

Anyway, Zeph told me that I should go through one change at a time, which might be best. I think I'll start with my biggest issues. There are kind of a lot. First things first, Tempest as an nair will not work, imo. It could still be controllable if it were made to be his up b, and Lloyd doesn't even have any moves that work as up b other than tempest. It would be the initial jump upward as he spins, and then you could control how he moves downward. Then he would go into special fall. If Lloyd used Tempest as he was falling, as he could were it an nair, it would look nothing like Tempest. He would just be spinning. Tell me when I can post the next change, or argue with this one until you agree with me. Kthx.

Top Bottom