• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't get my hopes up. We might get a tales like battle system, but I don't think we will get a tales character.

@Richter Abend: Do you mean Tales of Symphonia 2 and Tales of Vesperia, or Tales of Graces and Tales of the Abyss 3DS? I don't see much negative reception for Graces and Abyss.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Holy ****, I didn't realize being excited allowed you to be a douche.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Abyss outsold expectations and Graces F isn't even out here yet (I'm in europe) but Graces' western reception is irrelevant since it's only been translated as a PS3 game.
Luke is a candidate I guess but really, if we get a tales character at all, it's either Cless because he represents the series or Lloyd because he's pretty much the western face of the series.
Emil is just no. Unless they really want to troll people, KoR's poor reception means he'll never happen.

So yeah, Lloyd or Cless. I'd like to see Cless' timespace mastery feature but if all they want to give us is a flashy swordsman, Lloyd is by far the better option for that. Either way would be awesome!

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
It's not just namco who is working on SSB4. Yosh ito Higuchi, the creator of the 'Tales of' Series is one of the main guys on the project. I don't see why he wouldn't want a character from his games in there, and who is a better candidate then someone from symphonia (Lloyd)? I know Tales of the Abyss was remade on the 3DS recently, but symphonia was the most popular Tales game put on a nintendo console, and Lloyd would definitely fit in with the smash physics.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
It's not just namco who is working on SSB4. Yosh ito Higuchi, the creator of the 'Tales of' Series is one of the main guys on the project. I don't see why he wouldn't want a character from his games in there, and who is a better candidate then someone from symphonia (Lloyd)? I know Tales of the Abyss was remade on the 3DS recently, but symphonia was the most popular Tales game put on a nintendo console, and Lloyd would definitely fit in with the smash physics.
That certainly seems to be the case, but lately I have been running into Brawl and Tales fans alike who seem to dislike the idea of Lloyd being in SSB4. Well, "dislike" being a general term.....anyway, looking at it from a neutral point of view, I think I understand them a bit. Here in the US, Lloyd practically has become the face of the Tales series, which leaves other Tales characters in his shadow.

If Lloyd does make an appearance, I will definitely welcome it. But I can easily imagine the outcry from the Tales community.......let's hope SSB4 is developed wisely.

BNuge

Smash Rookie
Little Issues I ran into

I only ran into one major glitch. He pretty much can't run. The walking/running/sidestep animation is shown, but he runs/walks/sidesteps in place. The sidestep animation happens, but it just shows the animation without the movement. He has free side to side movement in the air. It's just when he's on the ground that I run into the issue.

Also the new Final Smash is kinda iffy. From the quick few tests I ran, he powers up, crouches down, and returns to normal. If he is touched while crouching, the opponent pretty much instantly dies. Any opponent you play except CPUs will only make that mistake once. It's nicer than the V3 one that locked up though :)

The only thing is that I didn't update the skins, so I don't know if that might have caused an issue. That's the only variable I could think of, so I figured I'd throw it in.

Apart from those two, well done. I used to have an overpowered Metal Sonic over Wolf. Lloyd is a lot better so far.

vanhuynh16

Smash Cadet
I'm wanting to know the same as red9rd. Is there a guide about porting a brawl psa to Project M? Thanks!

Last edited:

ToonLeenk

Smash Rookie
Just to be slightly more visually appeasing, would anyone mind removing the background off the picture and sending that to me? I don't know how to delete backgrounds :p
I can do that for you. Which picture?

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I like Lloyd. And Raine. And Regal. And Zelos. And Genis. I like Tos.

Top Bottom