• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I think I phrased it wrong. I meant to say that only step 1 is done for rising falcon.

I know a way to fix this, but it will take a lot of work. (I'm basically going to scale the bones to the point where they will become invisible)

Another way would have to do with the model changer, but I don't know how to install that kind of variable on the swords

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Hello again.

So I'm back, kind of. Since the project seems to be reviving, I'd really like to help if I can. I have a functional, hacked Wii, although I need to get an SD card reader (mostly I've been borrowing my roommate's laptop, which is not a great solution), and I also have limited PSA ability. Mostly you would probably want me to playtest Lloyd, but I think I could do that pretty well.

So yeah, I can help or something.

LloyDanny

Smash Rookie
I think I could help out, too. I have unlimited access to a hacked wii and can take photos and even videos (I also can clean up animations)
I don't know if you need 2 in-game tester, if not, just take Plaid02

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
I think so... I have in the past, at any rate. You just take a screenshot, save it to the SD, and then run it through an online converter, right?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for posting the file, Ryuu. I was just about to ask!

Now, I do have a query about the sound file that comes with the download. Is there any chance Kratos' voice can be added to it, for those of us who use the Kratos PSA with Marth?

I have one myself but I asked another KC-MM user to make it for me, as I don't have the program or the time. I can't get in contact with him, either, so I can't update the .brsar file with the current one.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Wow I remember seeing this thing when you guys just had the character models done. Now its gone pretty far, hasn't it? Regardless its coming along great, keep up the work guys.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Version 4 is coming soon (sometime this week)

New things:
-Aerial rising facon is finally fixed
-Eternal sword!
-Sword glows!
-Vorpal has a sword trail!
-Plenty of new animations
-Super scope and ray gun glitch is done for
-Final smash is fixed so you don't obtain it forever
-Brawlbox 0.65 can now read Lloyd's model
-Recolors have changed.
-New demon fang model

New things that MIGHT not make it for version 4:
SFX changes (WIP)
Two songs (full force and like a glint of light) are fixed (Haven't started this yet)
New stage (Collision errors)

Known glitches:

-Scabbards act strangely
-Final smash has a sword trail error
-Psi tempest and aerial beast still act strangely

I'm currently finding others

Other news:

The current version is 3.0 now (for a while) I'm not the only one who made version 3 though. Tempesttime and SqLeon are also working on Lloyd.

Lloyd's almost done. We just have a few more animations.

I'm currently working on a Luke PSA, while Tempesttime is working on importing Ruca via DAE conversion. We both are working on Senel. However, all 3 of these characters aren't ready for public.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I still think someone should bundle all the Tales sound files into one file. There are people other than me who use the Kratos PSA hack in addition to Lloyd, I'm sure.

Thing is, I can't find that audio file for Kratos....I guess I'll have to post it to KC-MM?

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone here know the following categories?

-PSA
-Animation
-Texturing
-Vertexing

Three people are currently working on this project (It's no longer just Lloyd)

Tempesttime (One of the workers) made this message in Skype:

"Please let them know that I need to talk with EVERYONE about the Tales of Brawl Overhaul.
I really want to spear head this thing to get it on the go"

So far, the people working on Project Tales are:
SqLeon
tempesttime
Me

SqLeon is busy with other things, while I am currently importing tos2 models.

To sum it all up, this isn't a one-man project. Actually, at least 40 people are needed.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
um wat

And I honestly don't know when I'll be able to help out with anything right now. I'll probably end up getting a PC in the future.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't get in contact with the person who gave me the .brsar file with Lloyd and Kratos' voices, so I'm going to upload it to KC-MM using MediaFire and credit him as the maker.

The voice acting is for the Lloyd V1.5, and the only real problem is the voice acting for Fireball and Thunder Blade - Kratos says one or the other when he's KO'ed on the side or front of the battlefield. The rest of the sounds are alright.

You'll find it under Marth's SFX section.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Lloyd is definitely too short. He's like the same size as Mario. Shouldn't he be more Marth/Link sized?

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
@Gamedominator06: Can you update the OP to include Tempesttime in the credits. He has helped with:

DAE importing
CHR0 and CLR0 editing
Model making
PSA coding

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It may be a while before the next BB comes out so why not try to give Lloyd a metal texture?
Thanks to Pikazz, I have an updated tutorial that makes the metal textures look great.
Look in KC-MM under Model tutorials for it since the Wii can't post URLs feasibly.

tempesttime

Smash Rookie
Good idea. I'll work on that after I'm done making the Falcon Crest models. I'm making them from scratch XD.
Here's V1-

This is actually a very old picture, I'm on like...v4 atm. The Eternal Sword is in too (I ripped it but they found out I would have to manually T-pose it :( ). I made a new demon fang model, but I am updating it atm so it has a better texture.
Also, if anyone wants me to make custom gfx let me know :) .

Edit-
Could someone please look into custom sword trails? We need to have wolf accessible to 3 different textures (I already put them in the fitwolf.pac). If someone knows, I will send them the files they need via PM.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to load the sword trail from the Beam Sword? (As a base, just to have something)

Since the beam sword is in the common3.pac and everyone is capable of using it, it should be possible. The question is how...

Also, that picture is epic temesttime! I can't wait for that to be released!

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
It is possible, but there were two things about it:

1: We probably found this out by accident

2: That sword trail probably can't be colored without the beam sword getting a recolor.

This means that brand new sword trails need to be made.

Also, I'm glad you're enjoying the progress. This is definitely a large plus to DAE importing. (If only I had 3ds max)

tempesttime

Smash Rookie
It is possible, but there were two things about it:

1: We probably found this out by accident

2: That sword trail probably can't be colored without the beam sword getting a recolor.

This means that brand new sword trails need to be made.

Also, I'm glad you're enjoying the progress. This is definitely a large plus to DAE importing. (If only I had 3ds max)
Well...ya. Wolf's currently set so that his trails lead him to the common3.pac. I found this by accident when I was messing around with the color value in psa in the sword trail event/article. The number 00000007 is for the sword trace (its a common effect, not the beam sword) the beam sword trace is 00000008, and the hammer sword trace (oddly enough) is 00000005 (if I remember correctly).

Again though, anyone who wants to try their hands at getting the trails to work, please let don't be afraid to speak up.

I agree with Innerscope, the ability to import models (as long as they are dae) is great. I make my own custom stuff in maya, use my own textures, then port it in using 3ds Max. It's awesome! XD

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
The game decides where to draw the sword trail color from based on the character. It either takes it from the characters own fitXX.pac file or from the common3.pac. We are able to use the beam sword trail, and since it isn't specific to any character, it won't affect the beam sword. However if we steal another characters ability to take sword trails from their own fitXX.pac, it messes up that character's gfx. We can't use only the beam sword trail because we need multiple colors.

To get it working, either we have to find how the game decides where the character takes their sword trail color from, or we steal it from something else and whatever this is has to be something that can't possibly ever appear in the same match as lloyd, or it would be messed up.

tempesttime

Smash Rookie
The game decides where to draw the sword trail color from based on the character. It either takes it from the characters own fitXX.pac file or from the common3.pac. We are able to use the beam sword trail, and since it isn't specific to any character, it won't affect the beam sword. However if we steal another characters ability to take sword trails from their own fitXX.pac, it messes up that character's gfx. We can't use only the beam sword trail because we need multiple colors.

To get it working, either we have to find how the game decides where the character takes their sword trail color from, or we steal it from something else and whatever this is has to be something that can't possibly ever appear in the same match as lloyd, or it would be messed up.
So...this means that some characters (like Marth, and Ike) have a special attribute(s) in their pac files (right?).
Maybe the solution is in the rel file for wolf (I can't run those files though with my Riivolution [which is most likely a problem with the xml] can someone share their riivolution files with me please?).
One other thing that might be possible is to edit the ef_wolf.pac in the "effect" folder on the game disk partition. That's the name of the arc file inside the fitwolf.pac which is why I am so curious about it. When I checked in it, there were textures as well; it was basically the fitwolf.pac file. Perhaps if we put the textures in there it would work (?) or edit the reft/reff in there. Reft/reff editing atm is limited, sqleon told me that they will be able to be edited with the next brawlbox update.

On an updating note, the new demon fang is almost done; I am not completely satisfied with the textures and a few of the vert placements on it. I added a glow to the area around it and made it more....demon fang like (?) in shape [you can see the difference if you have seen the old demon fang model].

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So...this means that some characters (like Marth, and Ike) have a special attribute(s) in their pac files (right?).
Maybe the solution is in the rel file for wolf (I can't run those files though with my Riivolution [which is most likely a problem with the xml] can someone share their riivolution files with me please?).
One other thing that might be possible is to edit the ef_wolf.pac in the "effect" folder on the game disk partition. That's the name of the arc file inside the fitwolf.pac which is why I am so curious about it. When I checked in it, there were textures as well; it was basically the fitwolf.pac file. Perhaps if we put the textures in there it would work (?) or edit the reft/reff in there. Reft/reff editing atm is limited, sqleon told me that they will be able to be edited with the next brawlbox update.

On an updating note, the new demon fang is almost done; I am not completely satisfied with the textures and a few of the vert placements on it. I added a glow to the area around it and made it more....demon fang like (?) in shape [you can see the difference if you have seen the old demon fang model].
The solution is in ef_wolf.pac, which is in 2 places - one for SSE, one for everything else.
I don`t think .rel modding will help so sword trails will have to wait until REFT REFF and RE3D are editable.
Only other thing you can do is to find out how the game identifies ef_pac and all IDs for ef__.pacs.

tempesttime

Smash Rookie
The solution is in ef_wolf.pac, which is in 2 places - one for SSE, one for everything else.
I don`t think .rel modding will help so sword trails will have to wait until REFT REFF and RE3D are editable.
Only other thing you can do is to find out how the game identifies ef_pac and all IDs for ef__.pacs.

Well...with that in mind...what if we just edited the ef_wolf.pac in the effects folder? Put the textures in etc. The argument to this idea would be that the coding wouldn't have changed, so theoretically he would still feed from the common3.pac.
My next argument would be, what if we looked at the coding inside the ef_wolf.pac file itself (not the one in the fitwolf.pac, the one in the effects folder)?

That is one problem that we need to look into (at the moment, it doesn't really matter; we know we need to fix it, but we need to release this next update soon).

Another issue is scarf physics. Does anyone have any ideas regarding adding physics (i.e. effected by wind, gravity when jumping) to Lloyds scarves?

Top Bottom