• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Well, things such as Link's hair(not Toon Links'), Ike/Marth/Metaknight/Ganondorf Cape's, and Lucario's tail tip are all affected by aesthetic wind. (which is what effects them)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Most of Lloyd's bones had special properties exclusive to ToS2 like any other model imported from it (which made them originally a pain to import in the first place). It's a matter of finding out what makes aesthetic wind work with bones in this game.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Even though I don't think it'd be as simple as looking at other bones that are affected by aesthetic wind and seeing any similarities.

Also, I was looking into the fitmotion and I noticed that you guys didn't split up the animation for Rising Falcon... Honestly, You only need 4 animations. SpecialSStart (Leap off ground into air dive), SpecialAirSStart (Air motion into air dive), SpecialS (The dive), and SpecialSEnd (Landing on the ground).

It would make life so much easier. Plus you wouldn't have m/any glitches with it as it functions just like it should. So I suggest changing that for the next version.

EDIT:

For some reason, I'm not liking the animation for Rising Falcon... Is that from ToS2 directly or was it custom made?

If it was from ToS2, then leave it. If it was custom-made, I'd like to remake it like I did awhile ago with other animations. I'll also revamp it so that there's a transition from the landing to his idle. Because right now it just stops... So to not make it look dumb, I'd like to fix it.

tempesttime

Smash Rookie
Most of Lloyd's bones had special properties exclusive to ToS2 like any other model imported from it (which made them originally a pain to import in the first place). It's a matter of finding out what makes aesthetic wind work with bones in this game.

I just imported a new version of Lloyd with the new hilts. I believe it has to do with the bone flags. I copy and pasted the flags from marths cape bones to it but nothing happened. Is there a means to apply the wind effects (and gravity) just to those bones? Single bone attributes? I'm probably just being crazy here.

Even though I don't think it'd be as simple as looking at other bones that are affected by aesthetic wind and seeing any similarities.

Also, I was looking into the fitmotion and I noticed that you guys didn't split up the animation for Rising Falcon... Honestly, You only need 4 animations. SpecialSStart (Leap off ground into air dive), SpecialAirSStart (Air motion into air dive), SpecialS (The dive), and SpecialSEnd (Landing on the ground).

It would make life so much easier. Plus you wouldn't have m/any glitches with it as it functions just like it should. So I suggest changing that for the next version.

EDIT:

For some reason, I'm not liking the animation for Rising Falcon... Is that from ToS2 directly or was it custom made?

If it was from ToS2, then leave it. If it was custom-made, I'd like to remake it like I did awhile ago with other animations. I'll also revamp it so that there's a transition from the landing to his idle. Because right now it just stops... So to not make it look dumb, I'd like to fix it.
We have a ton of updates to release. We over hauled the mid-air rising falcon so it kind of acts like the "braver" skill from the Cloud PSA (we programmed it like this because that is how it worked in ToVS. The ground version...yeah.... i agree. I HATE that it is affected by momentum, an his animation stops. After we have fixed a few bugs, I'll send you the files so you can fix that if you want (the ground version; he doesn't do that in the new mid-air version). I think I'm going to make a video with the stuff that needs to be done.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe all of Lloyd's arte animations were entirely imported. So far, I believe only artes that ToS2 Lloyd did not possess were custom animated. A few other animations might have been redone to match their ToS1 counterparts as they were significantly smoother or just better looking, notably his run animation, possibly demon fang, definitely sword rain (at least I have, but I never got to release it), and maybe some others.

Sword Rain was definitely the worst offender here. It starts up strangely and the thrust looks pretty bad. I don't think we modified his normals (the two swings plus the spin), but lowering the timer for how long you had to wait to initiate his next part of the normal does speed it up and make it look nicer. Also, sword trails make everything look better. Tiger Blade looks pretty bad, but sword trails make it look absolutely great. Mind you, I don't know if the current version has currently added any default white sword trails, but it was something I worked on individually. Tempest and Tiger Blade look great with additional effects.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
But you still need to remake the side special into the four animations I stated before.

And I noticed that this update isn't using many of my animations. Just Demonic Circle. (Not even the charge) I revamped the Run to make it ToS1 styled and I adjusted some other stuff as well.

Oh yeah, the charge frames should be 61 instead of 64. (I thought we fixed that before.)

Also, which file is the sword trail? Is it the FlambergeGlow.png(whatever the extension)? Because I was looking at the texture file (from the model not the texture folder) and it seems to have some properties that Lloyd's doesn't have. The same thing is in the material1/2 folders.

Maybe that could be the reason for the sword trails? (I don't know)

And yeah, Sword Rain needs a big fix. So does Tempest. (It doesn't have a start-up animation. He just instantly spins.)

And I still don't like Blazing Tempest as an Up Smash. (The use of too many tempest moves seems like there's not much thought put into the moveset. But that's just my opinion.)

And you guys should make the down special as a Ground-Only special. If it freezes/glitches in the air, then just don't make it usable in the air.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
"But you still need to remake the side special into the four animations I stated before."

Tos2's crappy model and the crappy PSA file we're working with will make it very hard to do something like this... It'll be saved for the final release.

"And I noticed that this update isn't using many of my animations. Just Demonic Circle. (Not even the charge) I revamped the Run to make it ToS1 styled and I adjusted some other stuff as well."

That's because your animations are ridiculously large in file size. I cut down many nodes for Demonic Circle. (That animation alone caused the file size problems some time ago, when I said that animating will be hard because of file size)

The limit is 4850 KB. Your animations took up most of that space, along with combined animations (Ex: Sword rain and Tiger Blade) All your animations were 70-120 KB at an average. (One was 140 KB)

"Oh yeah, the charge frames should be 61 instead of 64. (I thought we fixed that before.)"

3 frames is barely noticeable. We'll worry about that later...

"Also, which file is the sword trail? Is it the FlambergeGlow.png(whatever the extension)? Because I was looking at the texture file (from the model not the texture folder) and it seems to have some properties that Lloyd's doesn't have. The same thing is in the material1/2 folders."

The trails were remade in the later versions that weren't public. They are Marth's trails. We have to worry about actually coding them in first.

"And I still don't like Blazing Tempest as an Up Smash. (The use of too many tempest moves seems like there's not much thought put into the moveset. But that's just my opinion.)"

Blazing tempest was an excuse to put the sound in. I thought this move was better than Link's/Pit's upsmash (I hate burrowed animations)

"And you guys should make the down special as a Ground-Only special. If it freezes/glitches in the air, then just don't make it usable in the air."

That's still in beta phase. All this time, it wasn't touched. Aerial Down B is Hunting Beast.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
You have unused animations for the Down Special. Turn those into animations for the side special. It's not that hard.

And yeah, I actually never did much cleaning on my old files. Really, if they were cleaned, they would take up way less filesize.

And I think the difference in the SmashHold frames does make a difference. It's programmed that the longer it's held, the more power it has. So increasing the number of frames even slightly will make the fully charged attack have more out put.

Ah. (About the sword trails)

And For the upsmash, who said to port animations? Plus because Lloyd's boneset is completely different than all brawl bonesets, animations can't be ported to Lloyd anyways. Also the original planned upsmash was a Scissor Cut. Which no character in Brawl has. So it would've been completely unique to Lloyd.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
"You have unused animations for the Down Special. Turn those into animations for the side special. It's not that hard."

I tried that and something unbelievable happened. Whenever Lloyd throws someone, polygons explode all over the place (WTH)

"And I think the difference in the SmashHold frames does make a difference. It's programmed that the longer it's held, the more power it has. So increasing the number of frames even slightly will make the fully charged attack have more out put."

I forgot about that. We'll have to wait for this. The last frame is a key frame.

"And For the upsmash, who said to port animations? Plus because Lloyd's boneset is completely different than all brawl bonesets, animations can't be ported to Lloyd anyways. Also the original planned upsmash was a Scissor Cut. Which no character in Brawl has. So it would've been completely unique to Lloyd."

It's actually possible to do something like this. You have to rename the nodes in order to do this though. A scissor cut doesn't seem natural. Also, I intend for Lloyd to pull off a lot of combos, so Blazing Tempest stays. Here's a part of the moveset:

UpA +UpB = Omega Tempest
Upsmash + Left B = Blazing Tempest, then Rising Phoenix.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
But Lloyd isn't throwing anyone during Rising Falcon, so how is that an issue?

Well, If you plan on using the Up Smash for that Tales project, then fine leave it as is.
But there's no point in changing the bones to port one animation. So don't bother with it.

tempesttime

Smash Rookie
Okay guys, we need to slow down a bit here.
After this next update, you guys can edit the files (add the coding and the animations) and we'll incorporate it if we like it. If you have something you want to add, by all means, please go ahead (we would LOVE the community to incorporate their ideas). The issue for us at the moment, is pleasing the crowds (which I think is now impossible). Half are saying this is update has taken too long, while the others are saying we need to add more. I don't want to sound like a crab, but, at the moment, we can't please both. If we want this next update to be released (hopefully) by Christmas, we really need to focus on what needs to be fixed.

I didn't sleep last night because I was writing a list of the bare essentials. Here's the list of things we will focus on:
1. The size of Lloyd (I will cover this; it's pretty darn easy XD )
2. Filling in any missing animations (Innerscope is on this)
3. The metal texture (No one is covering this atm)
4. The sound effects (Innerscope is kinda on this)
5. Fixing the up-special (this issue just started yesterday, SqLeon is covering it)
6. ALL Final Smash models and properties (Sq and I are covering this [I'm making the models and their animations and Sq is coding])
7. Scarf physics (GameDominator has this covered)
8. Sword trails (I have no idea; no one is covering this)

*Note-This message is for those making new requests at the moment

tempesttime

Smash Rookie
But Lloyd isn't throwing anyone during Rising Falcon, so how is that an issue?

Well, If you plan on using the Up Smash for that Tales project, then fine leave it as is.
But there's no point in changing the bones to port one animation. So don't bother with it.
Umm...idk if you know this but...the wait1, attacks 11,12 and 13, the dodges the item use animations are ported. In fact, 9/10 animations are ported, and they all work just fine. We used the tos2 model, imported the tos2 animations. No issues whatsoever.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't really see your argument. If its custom made animations you want, well...you can make them later I guess. But if they are already premade, y not use them? Also, I worked with the new blazing tempest. I'll make you a video or something to show you how it looks now after I overhauled Lloyd's animations and the gfx.

:phone:

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
I meant porting Brawl animations.

I already know that this is using ToS2 bones and animations. That's not what i'm talking about. It's just that it looks so odd that It doesn't seem like it was imported from ToS2. That's all.

tempesttime

Smash Rookie

I already know that this is using ToS2 bones and animations. That's not what i'm talking about. It's just that it looks so odd that It doesn't seem like it was imported from ToS2. That's all.
Oh, I understand what you're saying now. I apologize.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice

You're right about this part. It wasn't a ported animation. I made that from scratch (Actually, that animation was my very first hack)

tempesttime

Smash Rookie
I posted this on the Brawl Vault forums...but I thought I would post it here as well.

Some of the new features included in this next update will be:
-the new demon fang model
-the new subtle effect models (like a spray effect before Lloyds demon fang shock-wave so it doesn't look like it was created out of thin air)
-the new mid air rising falcon mechanics (probably could have used a better word there but w/e)
-the new beast effect edit
-the new midair demon fang model
-the new falcons crest stuff
-the new recolors and CSP's
-a TON of bug fixes (some you wouldn't even know of because they happened during development)
I'm probably forgetting some stuff, but this is the most important stuff off the top of my head.
OH! Now that we have the ability to at least look inside reff and reft files, we should hopefully be able to look into the sword trail issues soon.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious....has anyone had a chance to upload the next update, yet? As far as I can tell, the project has come to a standstill again....

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
From what I saw:
V3 was released a while back.
V4 wasn't released.
V5 is being worked on.

Don't worry, Lloyd can't die so soon. His father told him not to die before he did.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
@tempesttime, I wont be able to do anything for some time, my laptop broke. I'm gonna have to get it repaired. my only source of getting online is my phone and a different desktop computer that I can't use alot.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Well.. V4 was planned to be released, but there was a moveset revamp, and there were too many bugs (hitbox errors, rising falcon being useless, demon fang errors, etc)

But all that is fixed now (except for demon fang)

PSA will need some polishing before the next update is released.

Here's the new moveset:

A = Slash 1
AA = Spin slash
UpA= Tiger blade
DownA=Sword rain
Forward A=Sonic thrust
Side smash=Fierce demon fang
Up Smash =Tiger Rage
Down smash=Demonic circle
Dash attack=Super sonic thrust
Midair A = Tiger rage part 2
Midair downA = Tiger blade part 2
Midair UpA = Tiger blade part 1
Midair BackA = Stab
Midair ForwardA=Slash
B= Demon fang
side b = rising falcon
up B = tempest
Down b = beast
Aerial downB= hunting beast (end part)
Aerial UpB = Psi tempest
Grab attack =cheap attempt of sonic sword rain
left throw = Raging beast
back throw = double demon fang
up throw = Lightning tiger blade
down throw = Finisher stab

If Lloyd has a smash ball:
Tempest = blazing tempest
Rising falcon = Rising pheonix

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Now THAT is a moveset I can go with.

Hmm. If you can make Tempest and Rising Falcon into their elementail counterparts by having a Smash Ball, could you also implement his other elemental attacks, like Lightning Thrust and Lightning Tiger?
Or maybe even have some Unison Attacks, like Gungnir (which, for example, could replace Super Sonic Thrust if you have a Smash Ball).

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
huh this seems to be a bit further along then when I last stopped by. This is looking to be the best PSA to date... I gotta start working on my stuff again

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't look like there is anything new. I would surmise as much, given that many people are in school, work or college, but an occassional comment or so would be nice.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't know what's going on. All I know is that I can't touch the PSA file because SqLeon is working on it. All I can do are the sounds, which I have a hell of a time to do.

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
So does this mean Lloyd is almost finished? ****....just when I was getting seriously started on my big project :/

Oh well...maybe I'll get lucky and someone will give a damn bout mine, Naruto hacks are pretty popular if they're complete hacks. (PSA import etc)

Gonna check this out as soon as I'm done fixing up my import.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't know what's going on. All I know is that I can't touch the PSA file because SqLeon is working on it. All I can do are the sounds, which I have a hell of a time to do.
Should one of us try and contact him, then? Or would it just be haggling?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
College has a lot to do with it. I was fairly interested in jumping back into the project as I was talking to Innerscope and Tempest about it, but I really can't commit any time to it right now.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Some notes for next patch/update make sonic thrust slide across the ground for his running side attack. It just doesn't feel right when he stops dead in his tracks then thrusts. Eitherway the whole thing doesn't seem to flow together real well. Is it missing animations?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I agree with kisamefishfries. This doesn't seem to flow as well as V2 and V3....but the completion of the Final Smash is nice. However, I think it would work better if Lloyd could capture or trap opponents at the start, so you don't have to rely on chance to hit an opponent with Divine Justice.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
but the completion of the Final Smash is nice. However, I think it would work better if Lloyd could capture or trap opponents at the start, so you don't have to rely on chance to hit an opponent with Divine Justice.
This, the final smash has practically no range and doesn't capture the opponent you would honestly require the opponents controller to fail at the perfect time to pull this off and it has such a build time that might not even work, I'd like to see a trap with constant damage ending with a strong hit not a 1hko

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I haven't looked into the coding itself, but there's probably a specific subaction that causes the FS lock on an opponent much like most "super combo" FS's do that hasn't been put there. Again, I haven't been able to do anything with this in quite a while and all of it has been left up to Innerscope and Tempest.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
This, the final smash has practically no range and doesn't capture the opponent you would honestly require the opponents controller to fail at the perfect time to pull this off and it has such a build time that might not even work, I'd like to see a trap with constant damage ending with a strong hit not a 1hko
One of my original suggestions. When I said completion, though, I really meant the elimination of the "infinite Final Smash" glitch that went with V3, aka Lloyd no longer remains frozen in place after using Divine Justice.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
One of my original suggestions. When I said completion, though, I really meant the elimination of the "infinite Final Smash" glitch that went with V3, aka Lloyd no longer remains frozen in place after using Divine Justice.
Yeah, like for the bowser jr. psa when they didn't give him a smash it just broke the ball and nobody got it. I actually really liked that because although it wasn't complete it let you stop others from getting it rather then just getting it and having someone steal it. Right now I would prefer this feature for lloyd until a 100% final smash can be released.

tempesttime

Smash Rookie
The Final smash isn't complete by any means. I still need to sync up the models and yes, a "trap" code will be implemented and I believe a slight suction will be added. There will also be constant damage occurring. Much like Marth, the range will be a bit smaller to make the move more fair.

On a similar note, many things still need to be fixed still (most of them you guys have recognized). For example, a few are: Rising falcons speed, the distance of the ground tempest, knock backs on the 3 main attacks, smoothing out the 3 main attacks. We will be updating again soon with a few more bug fixes; we just needed to get this last update out so the people know we are, in-fact, still very much working on this project.

Just to clarify, Lloyds final smash isn't divine justice, its Falcons Crest from ToS. Also, I believe we fixed that glitch. If you happen to come across it again, please let us know.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I've found a new glitch with Lloyd, and it's somewhat amusing.....when he uses explosives, very rarely he will just shake intensely and fall to the ground instead of flying away from coming in contact with the blast radius. Not sure if this is a glitch for just him or for other Brawl characters, but it comes in pretty handy in Special Brawls.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Namco is doing smash 4. Lloyd??!??!??!?
The odds of Lloyd making an appearance in Smash 4 are fairly slim, given the recently mediocre sales and reception of the two latest Tales games. Even if he or other Tales heroes do make appearances, they likely will be as unlockable characters rather than storyline characters, like Jigglypuff, Toon Link or Wolf.

Also, go ahead and speak/type coherent speech. Merely typing "Lloyd??!??!??!?" gives the impression that you have a childish manner of typing, or prefer using ChatSpeak.

Top Bottom