• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I went back to the challenger pack 4 website and it looks like they took the entire page down. It might have been a mistake.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I went back to the challenger pack 4 website and it looks like they took the entire page down. It might have been a mistake.
Then again, it could’ve been real and they didn’t want people to see it anymore. This is why I wish they’d be more transparent when it comes to this, just say from the get-go which companies have characters so we can narrow it down!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Then again, it could’ve been real and they didn’t want people to see it anymore. This is why I wish they’d be more transparent when it comes to this, just say from the get-go which companies have characters so we can narrow it down!
Y'know, that's a really exciting way of doing things. I've had a lot of fun talking about the merits of various SNK characters so if they revealed "the fifth character is Bandai-Namco/Capcom/Koei/etc" that'd be a fun frame of reference and lead to exciting mystery but structured.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Here’s something a tad bit odd, it appears that the SNK Heroines Twitter account has posted about the leak. You’d think Nintendo would be on high alert right now if the leak were real, and especially would prevent SNK from making any sort of statement about it.
Oh jeez. If SNK's making this kind of statement, and the leak is real, Nintendo's had some bad luck when it's comes to leaks as of late (which is saying a lot considering how often Nintendo stuff gets leaked), after Sega accidentally leaked the upcoming Mario & Sonic Olympic Games roster only a couple days ago.

... Although, SNK might just be poking fun at the whole thing since it's not real? I guess we'll see if that tweet gets deleted any time soon.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Oh jeez. If SNK's making this kind of statement, and the leak is real, Nintendo's had some bad luck when it's comes to leaks as of late (which is saying a lot considering how often Nintendo stuff gets leaked), after Sega accidentally leaked the upcoming Mario & Sonic Olympic Games roster only a couple days ago.

... Although, SNK might just be poking fun at the whole thing since it's not real? I guess we'll see if that tweet gets deleted any time soon.
At this point, I’m not sure what to believe. I’m suspicious of Sabi and other insiders, as they only started to claim they knew who the character was after Nintendo leaked SNK themselves, and we really have nothing to go off of based on Nintendo taking down the page as it supports either argument. While it’s looking to be legitimate, I don’t think anyone can say for certain until the contents of pack 4 are revealed.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Can’t believe I forgot until now, but I’d like to be added to the supporters list please!

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
So, you guys think the Wright dream is over due to recent events. or you think there is still hope for a great turnabout?

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
So, you guys think the Wright dream is over due to recent events. or you think there is still hope for a great turnabout?
As much as I want to say he has a chance, its looking really grim at the moment but anything can happen so we will just have to see.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sabi is too bizarre and is saying some seriously weird ****. Unless the direct hits and Terry's trailer (or Ryu comes) and is exactly like the 4chan leak there's no veracity because she's just been acting too cagey about all this. She wouldn't have to do all that if she had actual info.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it’s all over.
When things look the most bleak, that is when we laugh. I'm betting on all these leaks being a massive misunderstanding, and we get entirely different characters for the last two spots.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Between all these leaks I think they've annihilated themselves in my mind so I think we're still up.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Why is everyone being this negative? Even if the rumors are true, we still know nothing about the last fighter. Sure, it's just one slot left, but there is no reason to act like this right now.
There's the whole chain of logic where if X happens then leak A or leak B could be true but if Y happens instead leak B doesn't make sense but leak C does and yadda yadda.

We've been down this road since someone guessed Joker against all odds and Erdrick kinda sorta got in after and then Steve didn't but a Microsoft character did and so on and so forth.

When speculation takes a turn, people automatically start making leaks that follow that, and people eat them up, and then if one leak comes true everyone scrambles to see what that could mean for the next one.

But yes, whatever happens with the 4th character technically has no bearing on the 5th.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
There's the whole chain of logic where if X happens then leak A or leak B could be true but if Y happens instead leak B doesn't make sense but leak C does and yadda yadda.

We've been down this road since someone guessed Joker against all odds and Erdrick kinda sorta got in after and then Steve didn't but a Microsoft character did and so on and so forth.

When speculation takes a turn, people automatically start making leaks that follow that, and people eat them up, and then if one leak comes true everyone scrambles to see what that could mean for the next one.

But yes, whatever happens with the 4th character technically has no bearing on the 5th.
(Sigh)... yeah, I get that. But there is a difference between those kinds of leaks and the thing with SNK.

And yet I keep seeing people wish it isn't true for some arbitrary reason because if not... things will look grim for Phoenix? Sorry, I really don't get that logic. Sure, it's one less chance, but as long as the next character isn't Jill, Leon, or others from Capcom, we're still in the run.

In fact... I'm pretty sure that having a second company in the fourth slot - a fighting game character, no less - makes us the prime contenders for the last one, along the RE people.

You know, regarding the other leaks... this is what I liked about Shinobi. Guy got in, said what he wanted to say, then went away until the reveal. If anything, I wish the others were like that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
As far as I'm concerned, the last character is either Ryu Hayabusa, Phoenix Wright, Leon Kennedy, Crash Bandicoot, Jill Valentine, or Lloyd Irving (in that order of likelihood). Only ranking Ryu over Nick due to leaks but I'm not really seeing him as the last character.

Would be happy with any of those. What do y'all think?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
As far as I'm concerned, the last character is either Ryu Hayabusa, Phoenix Wright, Leon Kennedy, Crash Bandicoot, Jill Valentine, or Lloyd Irving (in that order of likelihood). Only ranking Ryu over Nick due to leaks but I'm not really seeing him as the last character.

My "most likely" list is pretty much the same, but without Lloyd and Jill changes places with Hayabusa.

I think the last one is Capcom, but I can see it going either way between us and the RE folks.

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace

Sorry, but i'll only be happy with Phoenix.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

The only one of those that isn't like, immediately exciting to me is still Ryu Hayabusa...however if Terry is the next one I will be able to even forgive that. I just wanted one more surprise, and to get one more of my dreams at that is more than I could have asked for.

Of course Phoenix is my most-wanted but I've said time and time again you cannot go wrong with Capcom. And Lloyd would make two of my best friends very very happy. Crash as well - I get to see my friends happy and that makes me happy.

If I had to pick, I'd want Phoenix the most, Lloyd or Velvet below him, Jill and Leon below that, Crash next, and then Hayabusa. But with Terry in they can bring on anyone. I wouldn't be salty at all at Hayabusa because he's cool, just not really on my radar as a DLC pick.

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
If the reveal of Terry is a follow-up of the Inci's trailer, its probably Hayabusa and the party's over.
If not... The dream's alive!!!
I can't wait for the next Direct, I grew up playing KOF on arcades so Terry kinda makes me happy, but nothing compared to the joy I'd feel if Wright gets in.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Terry bums me out a little bit, I must admit regrettably, but there's very little substantive reason to suspect that Ryu is the follow-up beyond IAmShifty's word and an almost-certainly-fake 4chan post. I wouldn't say that that increases Phoenix's chances or anything, but I think Ryu is far from a shoo-in, at this point in time.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
If the reveal of Terry is a follow-up of the Inci's trailer, its probably Hayabusa and the party's over.
If not... The dream's alive!!!
I can't wait for the next Direct, I grew up playing KOF on arcades so Terry kinda makes me happy, but nothing compared to the joy I'd feel if Wright gets in.
I’m trying to think of a timeline where Phoenix could be hinted at at the end of an Incienroar trailer continuation with Terry, Ken would be in it too after all so there is the Capcom connection between them.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The only one of those that isn't like, immediately exciting to me is still Ryu Hayabusa...however if Terry is the next one I will be able to even forgive that. I just wanted one more surprise, and to get one more of my dreams at that is more than I could have asked for.

Of course Phoenix is my most-wanted but I've said time and time again you cannot go wrong with Capcom. And Lloyd would make two of my best friends very very happy. Crash as well - I get to see my friends happy and that makes me happy.

If I had to pick, I'd want Phoenix the most, Lloyd or Velvet below him, Jill and Leon below that, Crash next, and then Hayabusa. But with Terry in they can bring on anyone. I wouldn't be salty at all at Hayabusa because he's cool, just not really on my radar as a DLC pick.
I think Velvet's too new right now. Given all the love I've seen for her though, I wouldn't be surprised if she became a strong candidate alongside Lloyd and Yuri.

(I'd heard Berseria was kind of meh though, is it a case like FFXIII where the character's super cool even though the game is not?)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I think Velvet's too new right now. Given all the love I've seen for her though, I wouldn't be surprised if she became a strong candidate alongside Lloyd and Yuri.

(I'd heard Berseria was kind of meh though, is it a case like FFXIII where the character's super cool even though the game is not?)
I personally think Berseria is one of the best ones, with excellent characters throughout and a moving story. However, my favorite Tales game is the somewhat-unpopular Tales of Xillia 2 so....I have varied tastes.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
This is kinda random, but i have an image in my head of phoenix on all fours barking like a dog, with the barks being in an objection/hold it/take that bubble.

I really needed to share this. it has been driving me crazy for about a week.

Last edited:

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
...and an almost-certainly-fake 4chan post. I wouldn't say that that increases Phoenix's chances or anything, but I think Ryu is far from a shoo-in, at this point in time.
While the post is most likely fake, if the reveal trailer plays out in exactly the same manner as described in a post that was made weeks before the SNK leaks, then it will definitely give me pause. I'd have to reevaluate after the reveal.

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Sabi is too bizarre and is saying some seriously weird ****. Unless the direct hits and Terry's trailer (or Ryu comes) and is exactly like the 4chan leak there's no veracity because she's just been acting too cagey about all this. She wouldn't have to do all that if she had actual info.
I somewhat doubt that, to be honest. We know their marketing budget is getting a little low. I don't think we're getting any more CG trailers.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
So Vergeben also claims that Terry is the 4th DLC-fighter.... and Verg has never been wrong afaik. It's not looking good at all, I don't think the 5th character will be someone as obscure as Phoenix. Most of us agreed that the 4th spot will be his last chance in this first DLC-wave. Now we really do need a miracle :(

Last edited:

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
I somewhat doubt that, to be honest. We know their marketing budget is getting a little low. I don't think we're getting any more CG trailers.
Lest we forget Sakurai wasn't joking when he said their budget was low, and played against a CPU by himself in a lone room with only himself and a camera for Hero's presentation, lol.

So Vergeben also claims that Terry is the 4th DLC-fighter.... and Verg has never been wrong afaik. It's not looking good at all, I don't think the 5th character will be someone as obscure as Phoenix. Most of us agreed that the 4th spot will be his last chance in this first DLC-wave. Now we really do need a miracle :(
No? Wright isn't that obscure (obscurity hasn't stopped other characters from getting in), he's pretty popular in Japan, has a niche US following, and I don't recall anyone saying he would have no chance of getting in if he wasn't #4. Character #4 and #5 haven't been revealed yet, and although unlikely, we still have no idea if we're getting another Fighter's Pass or not, it's too early to be throwing in the towel.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
yes he has, he said that a SE character would be first in the fighter pass and hes been claiming mincecraft content since the start

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Vegeta Buns has been wrong before, this is indisputable. He didn't just claim Minecraft content, but also specifically that the Enderdragon was a boss at one point. Also remember S t a r F o x G P. His record outside of Smash is also really bad. He definitely has sources but he lacks a good head on his shoulders and is fallible like anyone else. I bet he's loving his reputation as Smash Jesus though.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Well ladies, gents, and fellow defense attorneys. I will stay strong till fighter 5, but if not. It was an honor having this year and a half long court battle with all of you,

Top Bottom