• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj is the best Mewtwo (Ask Taj Stuff Thread)

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
HALL of Fame

Well for those people who have wonder what D.A has been up to for all these yrs and what not everyone take a look at the link that i am about to give to you its the dawn of a new era people the return of D.A. This link sends you too our site that has our latest content called " HALL OF FAME" IT's a section on our site dedicated to all the smashers that mastered thier characters and repped thier characters to the point that all the knew who they are and called them the best or one of the best with thier character(s) so with out further or due i bring to you the hall of fame: http://smashguardians.com/index.php?...=173&Itemid=28. Note that if anyone has any pictures of any of the players listed on the hall of fame just send DA and emial or emial me at: lewdawes@aol.com hope everyone enjoys peace.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
After noticing this thread randomly I went on youtube and looked up some videos of Taj playing. To be honest I wasn't expecting much. Mewtwo has never been my favorite character or one I looked at as even remotely playable. I've seen Simna play him decently once but that was about it. I have to say I was really impressed by Taj's playing. Not only can he handle Mewtwo against high tier characters but he can handle really good players like Forward and Wobbles with him. On top of that he plays Fox, Sheik and Marth pretty dang well too. I really enjoyed watching both Shadow Claw videos and after watching them immediately went to learn some of the Mewtwo techniques. There's no way I'm going to main him or anything (I love playing Fox too much) but I'm definetly going to learn everything I can with him. Thank you Taj, you've introduced me to what Mewtwo really is capable of.

Milos

Smash Lord
Taj.

Spacing Mewtwo's back air through shiek's recovery (you know, that bull**** with the unlimited invincibility frames) is pretty difficult. Are there any windows between the initial hop and her actual teleport that I could take advantage of?

Also,

I really like u-throw > full hop forward air > drop down forward air again > regrab. Basically, I like any u throw > forward air > regrabs at low %s on fast fallers. my question is, is there anyway to implement moonwalking effectively to chase DI after a forward air, when you hit the ground and are waiting for your opponent to come into grab range?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Against Sheik's recovery you're mostly just trying to play the ledge invincibility game and keeping it from Sheik so you can throw her off again. Only the initial portion of the up B is not invincible and worth hitting.

There's no way to usefully implement moonwalking as a tech chase. It's best use for landing a grab is just the pressure from it looking like a dash, that's it.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
^Last two posts were some of the last things I expected to read...

I agree with the crowd saying that Taj278 has a great Mewtwo. It was wonderful to watch him fight Forward. I actually never bothered to watch any Mewtwo videos until now.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Amsah uses Shiek. I read his SSB article, and it states nothing about Mewtwo.

I vote to say he is a "not-as-well-known" Mewtwo player, if he uses Mewtwo.

ppig

Smash Journeyman
yea shadowclaw is the best and preety much only mewtwo charcter in the world lol

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, I was a pretty good Mewtwo for a while, but when you play against Falco + Fox + Shiek + Marth all the time you kinda get discouraged. So I switched to Mario and others.

Top Bottom