• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj is the best Mewtwo (Ask Taj Stuff Thread)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Mewtwo doesn't die too quickly unless you make mistakes. I've done very well in teams vs other pros with M2. Granted in some situations I've had to resort back to Marth over M2 for overall effectiveness, but it still holds true that M2 is good at being annoying, holding stocks, saving teammates, getting grab finishers, edgeguards, and setting up for combos/smashes with neutral airs.

I've played M2+Jiggs with The King, M2+ ICs/Sheik with Wobbles, M2+Peach with Cort, and M2+Marth/Falco/Sheik with Forward. You only really hit a wall as M2 if there is a Fox on their team because it is harder to perform your role. If you think that you're "offensive" in nature, you can still advance the other team because you can use throws to get people off of you then send to your teammate and tech chase the guy you just knocked away, throw fully charged shadowballs into them and lock them down when the situation arises.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Correction. He is big and light but it's not that much of a problem. He has really good evasive abilities. I've used M2 as the stock holder/support many times in teams and it's worked out well. Teleporting out of shield, teleport to ledge grab, and teleport stalling on the ledge are really good at keeping M2 alive.

Nvm Taj, I didn't notice I'm like repeating everything you said. Good ****.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
there you go, taj said so.

----------

brookman, NJzfinest: when i said that mewtwo is a 'stock holder', i didnt not imply that people would leave him alone. how did you come up with that interpretation...

but on top of that, you suggest that teammates would gang up on mewtwo

mewtwo is big and light, but its still illogical that both players on other team would decided to gang up on him. it is simply not smart to leave mewtwo's ally (or anyone's ally) unattended.

regardless of what the matchups are, the game play always work out as 'one on ones' with in and out counter assistances.

Your theory of mewtwo getting kicked out of the game quickly is a null.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
I am now a full time Mewtwo main in singles. :) I will still play Marth when necessary in doubles though.
lol, too good...
That's great to hear for the rest of us, who dream of being able to use mewtwo as a main in a high-tier tourney. It was a lot harder to convince yourself to main mewtwo, when the best mewtwo didn't often use him competitively.

I'm glad to hear it, now back to working on the basics!

slave1

Smash Lord
i dont know the feeling of using higher tier charecters in a tournament. i have been playing mewtwo for a year and i just started going to tournements. it so cool when everyone starts to recognize you as the amazing kid that plays mewtwo

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Mewtwo is bad against a lot of characters, but at the same time doesn't have too many "unfavorable" match-ups. Fox players are mean, but unless they're at a certain level, or understand the Mewtwo match up and what they really need to do, it is winnable. The same can be said for Sheik, Marth, and Falco though I feel those matches aren't as bad as Fox because of earlier KO options with up throw and edge guarding and not just edge guarding.

The floaties are difficult, but you have early KO options on them depending on stage. The Marios are annoying, and Ganon is very difficult to get inside. Otherwise the low tiers are relatively the same and should give you as much trouble as a low tier should. You just have to get past or avoid one or two things from each of those characters and it should be a fairly straightforward match.

Like G&W grab to neutral air, Link/YL projectiles and down throw down air, DK cargo and back airs, Pikachu/Pichu Up Smash, and every other low tier character gimmick. :)

dawn001

Smash Ace
thanks that helps, one more thing vs fast fallers can you chain grab them i seen you do it to forward that was a bad *** match but how do you do it or what ways can you do it?

slave1

Smash Lord
i just read that you going main M2 in tournies TAJ sweet. i should read the posts before. lol. does anybody have tips on facing a super ice clibers player. and when i say that, i mean he has beaten almost everybody in utah except the best. i need tips anything.

and about the chain grabbing i havent been fully able to pull it off. but it is a dificult thing to do.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Five bucks there's some guy who's never heard of internet in Malaysia or something who just so happens to own a gamecube and has no life but Smash and owns harder than Taj as mewtwo. Five bucks.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yeah, because he would have experienced players around him, better than Forward, and more tourney experience.
hehehe

That would be funny if possible though :p

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Down tilt to fair works extremely well against Ice Climbers. It is also relatively easy to hit them with multiple fairs. Neutral air is also something they don't do well against in general. Be quick with the neutral airs though, don't hesitate or approach slowly.

They do not like up airs and they do not like up tilts. Use these moves.

Grabs are M2's game. Grabbing an Icy is tricky. A recommended strategy is to grab one of them, wait for the other to get close to try and save it, and then back throw. It will hit the not grabbed icy away while your throw is completed. Down throw works in much the same way. Up throw, I would say is something you should not do against an Icy if both of them are near each other, as it leaves you very vulnerable to the other one for a relatively long time. If one of them is on the other side of FD though, go for it.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Agreed, same with Luigi. The best way to compete with it is to just be significantly better at wave dashing than your opponent.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I always play super defensive and reactive, but against fast top tiers like falcon, marth, sheik, etc(being played by high ranking opponents) I find that I have to play much more offensively so as to stop them from wrecking me. :<

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I always play super defensive and reactive, but against fast top tiers like falcon, marth, sheik, etc(being played by high ranking opponents) I find that I have to play much more offensively so as to stop them from wrecking me. :<
Nair nair nair nair nair

dguy6789

Smash Lord
thanks. i tried everything, i mean can someone tell me about the cheat button. i think mewtwo has one. i know ic's have one its called de-sincking and chaingrabbing
No cheat button. Every good Mewtwo player is a badass, that's all there is to it.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
Here's a really simple question:

Is aiming the teleport diagonally into the ground to reduce how far he goes actually a good tactic? I've figured out how to go about two inches from my starting point, and I kind of want to know whether that was a waste of time or not. Thanks!

Oh, and I'm having some trouble with his 'confusion off the ledge for an instant KO' thingy. Can you explain it in an idiot-proof way to help me figure it out?

Top Bottom