• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taco Bell Mafia: Game over. Who won?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Gorfdamnit, why do i even bother arguing with you. The odds of you giving me the kind of content I want are ridiculously low.

But no, I'm not just going to vote someone on your say-so. If you're sick of this Day phase for whatever reason then fine, get out of here. Don't come complaining to me.

I've a couple more things to see from people, then I need to do a re-read before I settle on my scumpicks for toDay. We have time, and I don't care if you don't like it.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
You keep asking me who I think is scum and I keep telling you Inferno & Ruy. You just don't like my answer and want to magically come up with someone else that doesn't exist in the game.

Inferno is obvious scum and I'm as sure on him as I was on you in Necromafia. You seem to confuse my scum hunting process with going with the wind or whatever phrase you used. When I have scum I have them. There is no point at all in not lynching Inferno at this very moment.

And as I said I'd claim when ever you want me to as you're the only person I trust as 100% town and the only one who I haven't found scummy this game. I just don't think it's in town's best interest for me to do so now, but yes I can be 100% confirmed.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
You're cockblocking any sort of information we could get from Ruy from pushing him on something suspicious by white knighting him.

I was going to wait until post-game to go into how you could improve your play so that you would know that I was being genuine, but I may as well do so now and hopefully you can make the adjustments now.

1. This is actually something that I think is pretty much at the core of your personality and thus translates to your mafia play. You're not very empathetic. It's like you have trouble actually seeing from another persons mind. Rather if something is sent towards your way, you reject it if it is not in the form of thought that you think in. Even if that form of thought is proven to obtain results, you still reject it as false just because you yourself don't think that way. Don't just look at the surface, look deeper into the intentions of both the prosecution and the defense. Try and experiment with their methods rather than just saying "this is the way, there is no other way".

2. You complain about a lack of real content being produced but then cockblock the process that it takes to produce that content. You can't just start out the day expecting people to have undoubtedly incriminating evidence and if they don't, mark them as being ********/bad. Every read needs to start somewhere and then develop and progress. You ask me questions as if they have to have an answer here and in the now, rather than pushing points and allowing them to develop into a greater substance. Yet at the same you want to use up all the time in the day. That just causes a stall in the game, asking the same questions all day and blocking any sort of potential content build ups. You create content in this game the same way you make a snow ball. If you take a clump of snow and just leave it all day, it's never going to build up NO MATTER HOW LONG YOU LEAVE IT THERE. On the other hand if you start pushing it around it will start to build up. The more more you push in different directions the greater and more round the ball will become. When I begin to push a snow ball, you come and say "no stop! why aren't you giving me a bigger snowball?"

3. You can actually learn from other people. This doesn't seem like something you get. The instant you came to dgames you had all your views set on the way the game should be played. You never feel like you can learn from only people. Unless their view is the one you already have set, they are simply incorrect. You should realize that experience actually means something. You ignore that completely and simply take your observations no matter how experienced as cold hard fact.

I just feel you should work on these things and your play will improve dramatically. Otherwise you're just going to end up like some kind of version of Gheb.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
*sigh*

I just want you to explain your reads to me, lay them out, so that I an evaluate them, because right now I have no reason to trust your judgment. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that you're town by now, but that doesn't mean you're right about who's scum.

Right now as far as I can tell you're clearing/pushing people based on tiny little things, so forgive me for questioning you. It's all well and good saying 'when I have scum I have them'; but how do you know that you're right? I know you can push a mislynch with the best of them, so I'm not just going to follow you on this.

Bah. this is dumb. I just want to bounce ideas but it doesn't seem to be happening this game.

Still trying to figure out what to do with your claim. Feel like it should probably happen toDay.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
i mean jesus christ

i kinda wanted to play this game

and then you come in and take a massive swipe at my play
right in the middle of the game

thanks for ****ing nothing

guess I should just sheep you in future

I mean really

**** right off

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I'm not always sure on scum, I just don't want scum to know that so I pretend that all my scum reads are equal. You just cut off my head for pushing Ryu when I'm trying to get something out of him and Glyph :(

I never said anything about sheeping me, just don't cut my head off for actually pushing my reads and trying to actually get the content that you want.

I say let's end the day. You say no.
I push for content. You say no.

You see what I mean?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
i mean jesus christ

i kinda wanted to play this game

and then you come in and take a massive swipe at my play
right in the middle of the game

thanks for ****ing nothing
I'm not taking a sweep in a negative way. I just want you to see where I'm coming from so we can win this rather than bicker.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I give up

you always just do what you like in mafia games, and expect other people to pick up the pieces.

I don't have enough time to explain how you're completely misunderstanding my play, so let's drop this.

I have your scumreads, and I really can't be arsed trying to discuss them.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
No, I think you should try and understand MY point of view.

I am seriously not going to waste time talking about this

I am going to close this window and try and forget we had this conversation

And no, I am not going to tell you which way I plan to push toDay. I am going to wait until I hear back from Glyph. So don't be so damn impatient, or I will threaten you with a lynch as well.

This back-and-forth is NOT pro-town. It ends now.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Can't understand it if you don't attempt to try and explain it. You're just proving everything I said in #684 and taking it on a personal level. It's protown in the way that it helps the two of us who are obv town actually work together.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
All this salt. Still no further question, but I'm gonna file something up with my own sincere thought.

I'm going for rajam as my next scum choice tomorrow.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 2.4

Inferno3044:Vinyl., Ramen King
Red RyuDtJ Glyphmoney
Vinyl.: Inferno3044
Ramen King:
Rajam
Kary
DtJ Glyphmoney

Not Voting:
Red Ryu, Rajam, Kary

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is October 18th, at 11:59 PM

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
First things first, I'm voting for RR, Ran (though I won't be by the end of this post)

And second it looks like its going to be more beneficial for me to just move the game forward and hopefully off of whatever that back and forth was.

Right now there are three major players that need discussion: RR, Inferno, and Zen. As I'm writing this I really don't think I'm going to be building any massive walls here but it should at least help you get an idea of where my head is at.

I'm adding this line after I finish the Inferno case (and I actually feel comfortable calling it a case, something I didn't expect going into this). I'm going to collapse tag each section to try to keep things a bit clearer than they are as one massive piece of work.

[collapse=RR]Lets start with RR. If I had a gun right now, I'd be pulling the trigger without hesitation. Kary I get that you don't think the slip incident is that big of a deal but when I see that happen it is absolutely DAMNING. There's a very marked difference between a legitimate town mentality and a false one, and in this case the important parts are:
-Scum knows everyone else is town
-Scum is pretending to be town. This means scum has to think about what they say beforehand, because if they don't they'll be tripping over their own feet all game.

Both of those fit RR's slip to the letter. I've already tried to make it clear that its not the fact that RR only said 'VT' and first, but rather that he caught the mistake and went back to edit it. When you're town (or more specifically, when RR is town. This applies to most players and RR is not except) you aren't thinking 'how could this post be read to make me look bad'. No you're thinking 'okay who's scum and what can I do to find them'. TownRR would have thrown that post out and never given it a second thought, and yet here we are with the edit.

THAT BEING SAID. RR's play overall has been nothing I could really say set off any alarm bells. That doesn't excuse his slip, or even mean I don't want him lynched, it just means I can understand how someone who's not seeing the slip as the obvscum tell like I am would be hesitant to lynch him. If you read this and suddenly see things my way, fantastic! We'll lynch RR and ride off into the sunset (or the next day I guess). But if not, its not something I can really persuade you on. I could repeat my points, sure, but if you're not feeling them that's just how it is.[/collapse]

[collapse=Inferno]Next up on the ol' list is Inferno! Having skimmed this game for a while I had seen a handful of Inferno v Vinyl posts, and they never really seemed like anything to detrimental or scummy. Vinyl is a hard player to put up with, and a hell of a lot of what he does looks like scum due to the fact that most of what he does often makes no sense (Relevant to this: Vinyl we're not mass flavor claiming because that literally would serve no purpose)

But re-reading, D1 what does Inferno do? He wants people to vote for Vinyl. In fact his posts are almost exclusively about Vinyl, often times with a second person in the mix but Vinyl is the only constant. But hey, its a scum read and there's no shortage of evidence supporting his aggression (evidence I would say points more towards Vinyl being a radiant beacon of dumbtown, but I'm not the opinion police). But then D2 rolls around, and Kary asks him if he still thinks Vinyl is going to flip scum.

Vinyl is definitely still a possibility. He wasn't scummy. He wasn't doing anything scummy. However he was voted off and I plan I have ideas on who I think is scum. Let me read over some things and I think I can give you a better answer. It shouldn't take too long because I'm not busy atm.
Honestly my first instinct reading this was 'surely he means Soup' with the mention of 'voted off'. But the question has no mention of Soup. There is no REASON to talk about Soup there, so I can only conclude that he is in fact referring to Vinyl.

Already, I find this HIGHLY suspect that he was so eager to push Vinyl's lynch D1 and suddenly is just like 'eh maybe maybe not we'll see'.

But then, in his next post he flat out says Vinyl is scum. Like not hinting, I'm not going to quote the post for literally one word but RR asks 'Inferno, is Vinyl scum for doing nothing or it is his style of play? It is his intent to be useless to coast?' to which Inferno simply replies 'Yes.' BUT GLYPH MAYBE HE'S JUST ANSWERING THE SECOND HALF OF THAT QUESTION. I know you boner, he says it more than once in this post.

'Oh hey look. Vinyl is looking at another route to get another towny lynched while hopping on Kary. This doesn't look scummy at all.'

I'm starting to feel like I should have quoted this whole post and just taken what I needed but whatever. The important thing here is he's shifting instantly from 'Vinyl never did anything scummy' to 'look at how scummy Vinyl is'.

And so starts the Vinyl/Inferno slugfest. Vinyl manages to Vinyl the place up really well by not really doing much of anything, and Inferno really dives in and rips all his actions apart. Literally ALL his actions (maybe not literally but still the vast majority of them he finds some fault with).

I would have really liked to get my question directed at him answered first, but since I need to be the hero Taco Bell needs and not the one it deserves I don't really have time to wait. THIS is what I consider to be the most important part of the whole thing. During the whole course of his assault on planet Vinyl (no intelligent life could be found, sadly), it should have become PAINFULLY clear that no one else was on board. No one else was saying 'YEAH Inferno lets lynch Vinyl, he's scum!'. Rather people had Vinyl down as town! So the question now becomes, "Why would Inferno stick to the lynch when its not getting any ground?"

I'm sure if he were to respond, he'd say 'BECAUSE I'M SURE HE'S SCUM', but I don't believe this to be the case. There's always going to be times you think someone is scum, but without the evidence to support your push you're going to make much ground . But you have to realize that your course of action is not only putting town at a standstill, its actually taking attention AWAY from other leads that could potentially be leading towards scum.

So, then, why? Why stick to Vinyl with such fervor?

I can think of several reasons. The one I feel is most likely is that a ScumInferno doesn't really have much hope of swinging any other lynch. Put yourself in his shoes, you're in a game with several high caliber players and they have a tendency to talk over you. Take a look at who we have alive and tell me who you (as Inferno) would push.

I'll wait.

Was it Vinyl? It was?! Surprise!

The other, and actually just as significant as the prior, reason is that pushing Vinyl closes his slot of to scum hunting. While he's on the Vinyl express railroad, he doesn't have to bother with that pesky 'looking for scum' thing. He can just say 'I already found it!' and rip up everything Vinyl throws out since Vinyl's play is really quite easy to paint in a bad light. People will see him doing this and think 'well at least he's scum hunting', but it doesn't count as scum hunting if you've already decided that everything they say is going to make them scum.

Based off these reasons I think its actually more prudent that Inferno go toDay, and RR toMorrow. [/collapse]

[collapse=Zen]Rounding off the three is old man Zen. I don't think its any surprise that Zen's been a pain in the *** to deal with this game since you literally can never tell if he's being sincere or if its some bull**** gambit to trip someone else up down the line. And the frustrating part of this is looking back at his posts it makes it nearly impossible to pin any one point down as 'scummy' since I don't even ****in know if its legitimate or not.

However, there is one point that I think is enough to feel pretty good about a Zen scum read. At some point and time he's had a scum read on .... god I don't even know but I am pretty sure its every single player slot. If not all, then damned near close to it. And I saw Zen's recent post saying he just does that to make it look like he's going to lynch them to read them, but it ALSO MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL WHO HE REALLY HAS A SCUM READ ON.

Which means HE KEEPS EVERY. PLAYER. OPEN AS A LYNCH TARGET. Stances? Lol no that was a gambit I actually think we should lynch him. Oh he flipped town? My scum read wasn't real, I just wanted to pressure him.

Zen has left himself so many outs to what he does that it makes me want to puke, and the worst part of it all is he does the same goddamn **** as town so I don't even know what to do. [/collapse]

unvote vote: Inferno

If you for whatever reason don't want to read all that garbage, the tl;dr is I want to lynch Inferno toDay, and RR tomorrow. Zen is also a possibility for tomorrow though **** reading Zen.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Zen, Glyph, if you want Inferno gone I have no objections, but we'll butt heads tomarrow.

Pretty sure we're done today anyways.

Vote: Inferno

Inferno3044

Smash Master
All this salt. Still no further question, but I'm gonna file something up with my own sincere thought.

I'm going for rajam as my next scum choice tomorrow.
You wanna get to this?

Also because I think I got hammered congrats guys. You lynched another townie. Vinyl if you're town your play is really bad. I don't mean to be rude, but you've said dumb things, made dumb actions, and honestly still think you're scum. But you're new iirc so don't take it too harsh. I never mean to offend you but I have and still do think you're scum for your play. I'll say this one more time in big font:

GO FOR VINYL OR ZEN!

If neither of them are scum, town has lost.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wooooooooooow

You're REALLY gunna be all 'oh man did I get lynched?!?!' when there's literally EIGHT posts between yours and the most recent vote count (and of those 8, only my big one is anything longer than 2 lines). Not buying it even a little bit.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
dear lord not again

On an Inferno townflip, notice how the waggon is near identical to yesterDay?

And I wouldn't be surprised with an Inferno townflip, viz my recent post.

I don't think toDay is the day for a bus, especially Ryu > Inferno given how differently they came into the day toDay.

For the love of gorf do not let Vinyl of the hook.

I'm looking at Vinyl, Ryu > Zen, Glyph tomorrow. Push everyone.

Doc on me again tonight, this should go without saying. And do NOT quickvote.

Today was supposed to be 'reactions to Inferno/Vinyl', so i'm looking in particular at what people's plans were coming into toDay, and how they reacted to Inferno/Vinyl. Ask WHY people were scumreading Inferno, see whether it seems forced.

here freaking goes

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wooooooooooow

You're REALLY gunna be all 'oh man did I get lynched?!?!' when there's literally EIGHT posts between yours and the most recent vote count (and of those 8, only my big one is anything longer than 2 lines). Not buying it even a little bit.
Turns out you only need 4 to lynch. Not 5.

Statement retracted.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Wooooooooooow

what is even your point? you're sure Inferno is lying?

Are you posting this because you're nervously waiting for the flip like a good townie, or because you're sticking to your guns like a bad townie... or?

Inferno why you be trolling mang :cool:
this is totally unnecessary.
If Inferno flips scum I will happily lynch you tomorrow, mislynch or no.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
You agree that Ruy's hammer was scummy yes? It was out of nowhere for no reason. And Inferno has yet to even answer my questions with regards to who he thinks is second scum or what he thinks about Ruy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Zen: I highly doubt you'll be cleared, but you full claim tomorrow whatever happens.

ANd Yes the Ryu hammer was scummy. Do you still think Inferno is scum? :facepalm:

Top Bottom