• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taco Bell Mafia: Game over. Who won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Come on in!​

[COLLAPSE="Rule Set"]Rule set borrowed from Kat:

Fundamentals:
  • I am the mod of this game, July is the co-mod. Any questions, concerns, and actions for the game are to be directed to us.
  • Please enjoy this game, and do not personally attack other players in a manner that is offensive.
  • Inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games.
  • If you believe a simple mod mistake has occurred, please address this in-thread and in bold. If you believe a large moderation mistake has occurred, or you have a dispute, please contact me via PM or IM.
  • In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, it is your responsibility to correct me -- otherwise your vote may be treated as it appears in the vote count.
  • You may make ONE BAW post after you have died. This may not contain game relevant information, and if it does, I will edit it out.
  • No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (And if you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise).
  • Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod and the co-mod.
  • Editing your posts is not allowed; multi-posting is fine and is encouraged in place of editing. Any and all edits will result in a MOD vote. MOD votes last until the end of the current Day phase.
  • I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  • You are not allowed to quote your role PM or quote a fake role PM. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). If you are unsure if your paraphrase crosses the line, ask me via pm.
  • You must confirm via PM. When confirming via pm to me, read your role pm and summarize it back to me.
  • Do not post hidden text. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text colour to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
  • Do not post in code.
  • You must post in English.
  • Hydras are allowed.
  • Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken. Unless the action is compulsive; then it will be randomized.
  • Any action which would be illegal to actually do is also illegal to fake (for example, posting a made-up PM that shows a Cop result of guilty/innocent).
  • Do not use this (some color) color as it is the mod's color.

Voting and Lynching:

• Each Day you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command, e.g. Vote: Red Ryu.
  • You can unvote, e.g. Unvote: Red Ryu, which removes your vote from the player you were voting. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes, but are appreciated.
  • No lynch is a viable lynch choice, e.g. Vote: No Lynch. A majority voting for this choice will end the Day with no player being lynched.
  • The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a deadline is reached. If a deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be a no lynch.
  • There will not be a twilight phase.
  • No posts during Night. These posts are discouraged, and persistent Night posting will be on grounds for dismissal!
  • Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.

Activity and Deadline:

• You are required to post at least once every 72 hours. You will be prodded otherwise. You will have 24 hours to respond to the prod, or be replaced. An accumulation of too many prods (3) will result in your replacement or a modkill, depending on the circumstances. If feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing / modkilling. If you have a pre-planned absence, please notify me ahead of time and you will not be prodded. If your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you will be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification. You will also be replaced if I have to prod you too many times and often.
  • A single deadline extension will be granted if a majority of players request this, e.g. Request Deadline Extension. This extension will last only 24 hours, and applies to the whole game, not each day.
  • Each day will last 10 real days.
  • Each night will last 72 hours.

Game Specific:

• All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  • Jesters, Survivors, Governors and Politicians are non-existent in this game.
  • Modkills only end the Day if the player being killed is town-aligned. All other modkills will continue the game. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise).
  • Town win condition: You win if all threats to the Restaurant are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
  • I reserve the right to change a rule at will, and even in extreme circumstances enforce it retroactively. If a strategy feels shady to you, you might want to take it up with me first.
  • The setup is closed.

Play by the rules or get diarrhea. Have fun![/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Sample Role PM"]

Name: July

You are Crunchy Taco. You hang out with your buddies the Hot Sauce Bros and Doritos Locos. Why, you are just a Taco. But you taste good. You are easy to choose from the menu. If I ever have problems getting food, I’ll just pick you. Keep beefin’.

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special abilities. You only have your voice and vote. You win if all threats to the Restaurant are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.[/COLLAPSE]

Eating in:

3. Red Ruy
6. Rajam BardulL
7. Kary
9. Dtj Glyphmoney

Trashed:
1. Ryker
2. Inferno3044
4. Vinyl.
5. BadWolf Ramen King
8. soup

Ordered up:
No one yet

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Going to send Role PM's now. Confirm via pm.

Feel free to post here while in confirmation phase.

Role pm's sent. Have class soon, so game will start once I get a chance to set up a d1 post and almost everyone has confirmed.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Hey I'd like 2 cheesy gordito crunches to go please

And screw it lets get a doritos locos taco too I'm not on a diet

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Confirming as Glyph's No Lettuce mason partner.

If I were to theoretically have a partner lined up, could I hydra?

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was going to originally disallow them but i dont care much. As long as no one objects, be my guest.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
This is such a weird player list. I was going to play it more layed back this game since I have a PR, but I don't think town will have much chance if I do that with this playerlist. It would be way too inactive especially if Soup is scum.

So looks like I'm going to have to go hard body. Vinyl, Bardull, Kary be my bros this game. Let us lynch the scum that is GLyphRuy. Ryker may actually be town. Ruy and Glyph are scummer. Ryker is just scum by connection to Glyph. We will have to wait on Soup's alignment.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Actually Ryker can be town so long as he doesn't plan on buddying Glyph or attempt to lynch me when I'm a PR.

1. Ryker
2. Inferno3044
3. Red Ruy
4. Vinyl.
5. Ramen King
6. BarDulL
7. Kary

8. soup
9. Dtj Glyphmoney

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
vote: Vinyl

Quesidilla =/= a taco

Also confirming good taste masons with Ryker

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Scum. Didn't you already do this in Upick pokemafia?
God, but that was hilarious hard body. I had neighbor safe claim too and perfect scum flavors.

Good times.

Speaking of Glyph, someone harass Glyph all game for me. He's a lazy douche and I may or may not be active enough.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Also confirming to be a lazy douche but I'm a lazy douche who hasn't played mafia in a while and needs his fix

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
What am I a taco professor?

Yeah I guess its at least in the same subspecies as a taco, at least the taco bell kind. The other kinds don't look like tacos at all.

I am a productive mafia player

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Vinyl here's your chance to save yourself

Steak or chicken?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Jesus what kind of taco bell are you eating at

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hmm...

With chicken, it has a very good flavor to it. With steak, it can depend by how it is cooked; and it should be not too raw nor overcooked. Steak seems more challanging to cook to perfection than chicken strips, IMO.

So I would say....

Chicken.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I'm not.
The restaurant i work at serves those.
Tho between the two you proposed, I really don't have much difference in opinion. i don't eat at TB much.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Just had TB today. Dorito lunch box is awesome. Haven't had the Nacho Bell Grande in a long time though, used to eat that thing every time I went. Shiz is incredible.

Also, got my role pm and all that jazz.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Cathorine style I'm defs gonna have to emulate.
But that question was pretty serious? What do you find wrong with it? I just want to confirm that Vinyl is town or that vinyl is scum. I'm pretty sure he's town, but if no one else has a VT role that is not a crunchy taco that would make him scum chum. rum. pum. cotton candy.

Top Bottom