• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taco Bell Mafia: Game over. Who won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Your first thoughts upon seeing this is "Who the hell is lifting his side up like that?" "Why is Mr. Loco's junk hanging out of his-- *vomit*" Food items around the tables of Taco Bell wonder why someone would leave this poor taco out to get cold, instead of actually eating him. One loud, and intelligent looking beverage states that there may be a fake among them, and that may be why this has happened to Mr. Loco. So, without thinking too deeply into it, the food items gather around one table, and discuss upon who was where at any given time, when they were made, and how they arrived to this particular Taco Bell. They start to think of plans, and even going as far as trashing any suspicious food item, because that, is worse than death, but close enough.

Day 1 has started with 8/9 players confirmed. Deadline for Day 1 is October 6th, at 11:59 PM.

Votecount 1.0

Ryker
Inferno
Red Ryu
Vinyl.
Ramen King
BardulL
Kary
soup
Dtj Glyphmoney

Not Voting:

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is October 6th, at 11:59 PM.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Inferno has not yet picked up his role pm. I'll give him a day and if he doesn't get back to me I'll start looking for a replacement.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
[quote="Ryker"Zen hasn't given me a scumtell. As either alignment, he's just setting himself up to be able to do what he wants. I'm not going to stop him from playing the game, but I am going to stop him from setting up a situation where he can get away with murder and call it town meta when there's a blood drenched corpse sitting next to him and he's just smiling at you.[/quote]

I agree. I'm just really cautious of him, and I get the pure feeling of manipulation. I don't understand anything Zen has done from a town sense, nor do I get his intentions. I know Zen isn't the best person to have reasoning behind things, but I know him well enough as to where he will have some reasoning behind things. The main thing I was bothered about was the fact he came into this thread, stated he was going to play like Catherine, and softed a PR. He then continued to buddy up with everyone and assert his position, with any inclination to get down and scumhunt. I wouldn't expect Zen to be so cut and dry behind this, and it's bothering me.

#HBC | ѕoup

Addendum: He's not scum with Zen, Zen wouldn't try and commission a buddy openly in thread unless it was someone like Zen.

Vote: Vinyl.

#HBC | ѕoup

Zen, tell me why you're acting this way and explain your intentions to play like catherine, I believe you totally ignored my last question to you and just voted me thinking you can get me to slip somehow in your fantasy land where I'm inexperienced and one vote is going to make me crack.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Addendum: He's not scum with Zen, Zen wouldn't try and commission a buddy openly in thread unless it was someone like Zen.

Vote: Vinyl.
Gee Soup I heard you like wifom.

vote: Kary. Kary, you died very early on in Utrick'd. What are you going to do to avoid that happening again?

#HBC | ѕoup

Why do you think it's WIFOM? Do you disagree with my sentiment?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Absolutely I do. Zen is the gambitiest player in the goddamn world, and he's smart enough to try to set stuff like that solely for the reason that someone would jump to the conclusion you did.

I did the same kind of the in the Utrick'd setup with the 2 indy neighbors, and you were the one who said 'I'll bet one of the two is scum and the other is town'.

#HBC | ѕoup

So let's talk relevance to your claim. What's your read on Zen and Vinyl. at the moment?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You also did it in Tekken but look what happened there.

I borderline just ignore Zen's gambits when I know he is just doing it for his own ajenda.

Vote: Zen

Tell me where you want to look and why off meta right now.

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.1

Ryker: Inferno3044
Inferno
Red Ryu
Vinyl.: soup
Ramen King: Red Ryu
BardulL
Kary: DtJ Glyphmoney
soup: Vinyl., Ramen King
Dtj Glyphmoney

Not Voting:
Kary, BarduLl, Ryker

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is October 6th, at 11:59 PM

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So let's talk relevance to your claim. What's your read on Zen and Vinyl. at the moment?
Too early for anything. I don't commit to a read until I have actual substance behind it, and what you've put forth is not anything worth a second glance until more relationships have been fleshed out in game

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
If you look like scum, I will lynch you. Giving a bull**** prewarning of "Hey, I'm gonna play like this," does not sanction you to do whatever you want and claim it is null. You've seen your alignment and even if you hadn't I would hold you to the same bar.

So don't look like a scumbag and I won't lynch you like a scumbag.
The thing is you guys didn't lynch me for being scummy. You lynched me because my meta was different and it scares you. different meta =/= scum which is why I had to establish that playstyle in that game and now refer to it whenever I want to use it.
Ryker, we need to talk. Is Zen trying to gain thread power as scum again without any intention to do so? He already outwardly claimed he was PR (we know he's bull****ting) and is already trying to get some buddies to fall back on.
"Gain thread power as scum again?" What are you referring to by again?
There's literally nothing in this pregame to really talk about.

I feel like being Zen for a moment and starting this game before it actually starts, just because he's already bugging me and I've been holding my tongue.

Zen: Tell me why you are using the Catherine approach for this game. Tell me your read on Ryker based on pregame.

Bardull: Tell me what you think of Vinyl., more specifically his random intervals in conversation. Any read on him?

Nothing really else stuck out to me.
Because O_O
I agree. I'm just really cautious of him, and I get the pure feeling of manipulation. I don't understand anything Zen has done from a town sense, nor do I get his intentions. I know Zen isn't the best person to have reasoning behind things, but I know him well enough as to where he will have some reasoning behind things. The main thing I was bothered about was the fact he came into this thread, stated he was going to play like Catherine, and softed a PR. He then continued to buddy up with everyone and assert his position, with any inclination to get down and scumhunt. I wouldn't expect Zen to be so cut and dry behind this, and it's bothering me.
I never softed a PR. I AM a PR. I'm hard claiming a PR. I'm like some kind of power role or something.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The thing is you guys didn't lynch me for being scummy. You lynched me because my meta was different and it scares you. different meta =/= scum which is why I had to establish that playstyle in that game and now refer to it whenever I want to use it.
No. No, you did something that directly hurts town and only profits Zen. Yes, this also profits Zen-town, but it does so at the detriment of the remainder of town. It also stands to HEAVILY profit Zen scum with no way to tell the difference if you continue to do it. As such, it's not "different meta" it's scum behavior and you will get lynched for it (yes, even if you proceed to do it as town) until you stop doing it because it is the only way to prevent you from getting walk-off victories.

Now, I believe I previously stated that you would not be allowed to point to previous meta as an excuse for scummy behavior. I'm not aiming to lynch you and I will not if you aren't acting like a scumbag. So, please stop trying to point at Catherine mafia and say that you did not act in a manner that warranted a lynch and instead just act in a manner that doesn't warrant a lynch.

Meta hasn't entered into the game for anyone regarding you except in response to your attempts to pre-justify behavior that you think will catch you flak instead of just choosing not to be ********. As such, I will ask you to drop it. Give me one or two sentences if you want, but stop inciting this argument because it is a tangent that leads to nowhere right now and continuing it is distracting and will lead to me actually trying to lynch you.

Vote Glyph

"Gain thread power as scum again?" What are you referring to by again?
Because O_O
I never softed a PR. I AM a PR. I'm hard claiming a PR. I'm like some kind of power role or something.
And you're going to be ignored on it. If you claim something nebulous or something that seems even slightly ridiculous, then you will also die for it.

I will be V/LA from about noon on Friday until sometime Monday. I'll be in Kansas for Get Hype II.

Also, I'm still only functioning on limited internet during the day and oftentimes no internet at night.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
There's literally nothing in this pregame to really talk about.

I feel like being Zen for a moment and starting this game before it actually starts, just because he's already bugging me and I've been holding my tongue.

Zen: Tell me why you are using the Catherine approach for this game. Tell me your read on Ryker based on pregame.

Bardull: Tell me what you think of Vinyl., more specifically his random intervals in conversation. Any read on him?

Nothing really else stuck out to me.
Vinyl is Town.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Always and forever looking to lead. Town would have a higher win rate if the game was Kingmaker with Ryker holding the reigns until his death and then it reverted to majority rule.

However, I do not think I was being over the top. I was being very plain so as not to be misunderstood. That sentiment is the important part of the post and I want it clear to EVERYONE in the game that letting him play like scum because he claims in pregame that it is part of some pre-established meta is not going to work.
I won't play semantics with you for the time being. Lets see what happens.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
No. No, you did something that directly hurts town and only profits Zen. Yes, this also profits Zen-town, but it does so at the detriment of the remainder of town. It also stands to HEAVILY profit Zen scum with no way to tell the difference if you continue to do it. As such, it's not "different meta" it's scum behavior and you will get lynched for it (yes, even if you proceed to do it as town) until you stop doing it because it is the only way to prevent you from getting walk-off victories.

Now, I believe I previously stated that you would not be allowed to point to previous meta as an excuse for scummy behavior. I'm not aiming to lynch you and I will not if you aren't acting like a scumbag. So, please stop trying to point at Catherine mafia and say that you did not act in a manner that warranted a lynch and instead just act in a manner that doesn't warrant a lynch.

Meta hasn't entered into the game for anyone regarding you except in response to your attempts to pre-justify behavior that you think will catch you flak instead of just choosing not to be ********. As such, I will ask you to drop it. Give me one or two sentences if you want, but stop inciting this argument because it is a tangent that leads to nowhere right now and continuing it is distracting and will lead to me actually trying to lynch you.
Na un, soup lynched me soley because I was playing different/excited about the game. For some reason people took being excited as scummy. In reality I did not play scummy or anti-town in anyway. It was all a meta lynch. Once again my reasoning for telling you guys before hand.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Ryker
Inferno
Red Ryu
Vinyl.
Ramen King

BardulL
Kary
soup
Dtj Glyphmoney

If you could list a single thing that was anti-town that would be the end of it. You state that I was being anti-town and it's just not the case. It's relevant because if people feel that my catherine play was anti-town, since I'm playing catherine here, then I must be playing anti-town. You see? I'm not just bringing it up for nothing. In fact I wasn't the one to bring it up. You agree that there was nothing anti-town about my play, yes? Had Soup not been so afraid of my different meta we would have lynched Ori on the first day.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Bardull, same question as Ruy. Share your wonderful insight with us :smash:
Bardull what is you read on Glyph and Soup so far?
Bardull why the heck do you think Ryker voted Glyph?

Ryker why the heck did you vote Glyph?
Ryker what is your take on Soup so far?

Inferno what is your take on Soup and Glyph so far?
Inferno what is your take on Bardull so far?

Zen why am I wearing this jacket?
Zen why are you so gummagumma?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
You also did it in Tekken but look what happened there.

I borderline just ignore Zen's gambits when I know he is just doing it for his own ajenda.
These two lines show me that you read the words of Glyph and Soups posts but didn't read what they were saying. What does the Tekken thing have to do with Glyph's point? And why would you ignore the kind of gambit that Glyph was talking about? He was saying that he thinks that me, as Vinyl's scumbuddy, would pull a gambit in which I openly buddy Vinyl in thread. Why would you ignore that?

You sea? Yuu see.

Vote: Zen

Tell me where you want to look and why off meta right now.

Why did you ask me this when I have already shown a clear direction of where I want to go before the game has even started? I want to policy lynch glyph because no matter what alignment he is he will be lazy and not do ANYthing until at least day 3.
Gee Soup I heard you like wifom.

vote: Kary. Kary, you died very early on in Utrick'd. What are you going to do to avoid that happening again?
What do you take of Soup making such a brass (brass?) brash? Rash? let's go with Rash rash assumption? It feels to me as if he isn't really looking into either of us at all. Do you agree?

@Soup: By your logic, do you also agree that I am not scumbuddies with either Kary or Bardull as well?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Sorry for all the posts. I just wanted to get all this out before I went on Vlah (V/LA).

I want to try something out. What do you guys say for the rest of the game, up until D3 at least, no one can vote for the person two spots above them on the roster?

Ryker
Inferno
Red Ryu
Vinyl.
Ramen King
BardulL
Kary
soup
Dtj Glyphmoney

Ryker cannot vote Soup.
Glyph cannot vote Kary.
Soup cannot vote Bardull.
Kary cannot vote me.
Bardull cannot vote Vinyl.
I cannot vote Ruy.
Vinyl cannot vote Inferno.
Ruy cannot vote Ryker.
And Inferno cannot vote GLyph.

I'd like to know if everyone is ok with doing this. There IS a reason for it, but I don't want to share that for now. Everyone thoughts go go go.

Top Bottom