• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Holy **** guys stop talking about it here. I don't think anybody cares about the drama you guys have, deal with it yourselves, not here where people kinda wanna talk about the *gasp* tournament!
I'm enjoying it, shut up.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
My last post wasn't clear enough? Let's try this.

PR folk: Contact me in private (that means PM or some other means) if you have something to say. Saying silly things like how I'm not a man and that I need to do this or that is just screwing it up for those who only care about the tournament.

But if you're going to do it in a degrading way and not listen to reason, you can forget it. This is the last time I post about this topic here.

I apologize to Plank for having to post about this to begin with. Be assured there'll be no more on my part.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
yeah. when i'm on liberty/leave i can go where i want. since im stationed in VA, I was like "**** might as well go to pound 5"

now to find a ride LMAO

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Is this a 24 hour venue? I thought it opened at 8 and closed at midnight, based on the security schedule, plus I can't find anything about it being open 24 hours anymore

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lee martin

GOOOD ****T!!! ill be glad to see u again. always a good time...

hondafoo yes the venue is 24 hrs ;D

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
lee martin

GOOOD ****T!!! ill be glad to see u again. always a good time...

hondafoo yes the venue is 24 hrs ;D
You run an amazing tourney. I'll see you there. :D

I need a good partner for melee... Any takers? Shiz and I got 7th at Apex, and I've seriously improved a lot since then... (I've been playing much more melee than brawl)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
<3

got damn

so the microphone goes throughout the entire venue, and not in each individual room, like at apex. to combat this i was considering not using the mic very much, except to make IMPORTANT announcements.

i feel like at nationals when people just sit on the mic the entire time calling matches/just saying random **** the mic totally drowns out in everyones head after a while lol

so instead of CALLING matches i was considering having a computer set up to the projector on powerpoint with the pools/bracket showing so people can see their matches, rather than all the TO's losing their voice or annoying everybody in the venue whos trying to play with mass microphone talk

ideas?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I feel like that might get tricky since you'd have to rely on people actually going on their own to check the bracket/matches and play them. Unless you're still monitoring them.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
mmmmmm

i like it =D

@crismas if people dont find their own matches thats 100% their own fault and they deserve to go 0-2 through their pool lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i would def still monitor them and make everyone quit out. but with our current system of running 2 games at once u can only announce one at a time while the other waits which wastes a TON of time.

rhan

Smash Hero
<3

got damn

so the microphone goes throughout the entire venue, and not in each individual room, like at apex. to combat this i was considering not using the mic very much, except to make IMPORTANT announcements.

i feel like at nationals when people just sit on the mic the entire time calling matches/just saying random **** the mic totally drowns out in everyones head after a while lol

so instead of CALLING matches i was considering having a computer set up to the projector on powerpoint with the pools/bracket showing so people can see their matches, rather than all the TO's losing their voice or annoying everybody in the venue whos trying to play with mass microphone talk

ideas?
Projector/HDMI connected Plasma screen for showing the bracket image.

That way people know where to look and such. It'll be less of a hassle then just colling them out. Just need like a big *** sign that indicates where each pool will be played.

Ex: Pool 45 consist of "so n so". *Looks around and sees a sign that says "FOR POOL 45 USE ONLY!"*

or something to that retrospect.

I DO WANNA SAAAAAYY the projector will be better since the view size can be changed and put anywhere.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I've been looking, and I can't seem to find the date that registration closes. Can us last-minute-ers sign up at the door, or is there a cut off date?
EDIT: Hah, I would find it right after posting. Feb 1st it is.

slideshow!!!!!!
I thought it worked pretty well for FC:D. Just gotta have it project high enough that people can see it without having to crowd around :)
(anyone else suddenly feeling old now too?)

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Smashers are lazy idiots sometimes, I'd still call matches, or have someone there to help guide the lost ones who prolly didn't even attempt to find their match lolol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
a TO can usually rely on the smashers to play their matches just by group/mob mentality. The issue is figuring out the problem child early and riding his *** to get matches done.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I'm 90% sure I'm coming to this now.

Who wants to team with THE BEST PEACH IN THE WORLD???!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!??

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Gahhhhh!!! Terrible date for me :( At most, I'd be able to go for a little on the last day for some friendlies. I guess I will just hafta wait for the next one to enter the tourney :p

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Gahhhhh!!! Terrible date for me :( At most, I'd be able to go for a little on the last day for some friendlies. I guess I will just hafta wait for the next one to enter the tourney :p
u could definitely still come by :p there is no next pound, though! lol

Lobos

Smash Master

ideas?
At BTYF we put pools and the bracket on a giant projector. Only problem was it was hard to read so we had to call out matches anyways.

I have a few ideas

1. Instead of calling out every match for the same reason you stated, call which game then by groups. If every is already registered and we make pools prior to beginning of the tournament, then we could put everyone in groups. So when people get their name tags or what not we also give them what group numbers/names/letters at the same time.

2. Slideshow would also work as long as its readable. I think we should have 2 seperate projectors for this though so 1 area doesn't get crowded enough to the point where people can't see or know whats going on.

Xykness - this is the last pound!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom