• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T5 - Arizona Tournament

Should T5 have a doubles or low-tier tourney?

• Doubles Tourney

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Low-Tier Tourney

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

forward

Smash Champion
OMG guys all of us betting on b will are gonna get like 1 dollar if he wins >.< SV on the other hand would be ballin

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not going to post the odds yet but I want to give you a rough idea of what happens with this betting.

As of now there is 92 dollars total between vector and me: 62 on me and 30 on vec.

As a result:

Forward bet 10 dollars on me: If he wins, he gets a total of $14.84.
Vector bet 10 dollars on himself: If he wins, he gets a total of $30.67.

Lessons: SV should put more on Vector if they can in hope to winning a lot of money. Or anyone for that matter. If you think there is a chance of him beating me, put money on him and the payout will be greater.

forward

Smash Champion
Guys in my honest opinion, I think Vec has a shot. Lemme give an analysis of the match up LOL.

B-will is a Falco main, with a strong Marth for back up. Vec is also a Falco main, with suprisingly enough, a decent M2 for back up. If it turns into a Falco ditto, it can go either way. B-will may have the upper hand in that match because he has Trevyn and Enix (both have decent Falcos) to practice dittos with, while Vec on the other hand I'm not sure.

Because of the randomness in Falco dittos, B-will may go to Marth. Being a Falco main, B-will has a good idea of what Falcos like to do, and is probably familiar with cheap kills, having suffered them himself. However, one of Vec's primary opponents is a Marth player, I have seen the vids and Vec can definitly hold his own against a Marth, don't expect him to just be running into everything.

Lastly, we have Vec's M2. If Vec can fight Marths with M2 just as well as he can with Falco, B-will may be in for some real trouble. Marth needs to implement a high degree of spacing to face a Mewtwo, something that isn't as strong in players who only use Marth as a secondary. We've also all seen Forward vs Taj Falco/M2 matches, and know very well what a M2 is capable of doing to a Falco.

I put my money on B-will, because he has the experience. If Vec plays a style that B-will has seen, I can't see Vec winning. Vec on the other hand, will have to come up with a new strategy regardless of who he is playing, due to his lack of experience. If B-will hasn't seen a style like Vec's, and Vec is able to manipulate B-will's style before B-will does to him, Vec could very well take it.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
lol forward, you're hilarious. i love how you try to work the crowd. not saying that vector man can't beat bwill or anything i dont really know how either of them play so im not gona say anything. sounds like good stuff though. hope its not hyped up too much though. hopefully i'll see you guys at T5 and see the battle for myself

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys in my honest opinion, I think Vec has a shot. Lemme give an analysis of the match up LOL.

B-will is a Falco main, with a strong Marth for back up. Vec is also a Falco main, with suprisingly enough, a decent M2 for back up. If it turns into a Falco ditto, it can go either way. B-will may have the upper hand in that match because he has Trevyn and Enix (both have decent Falcos) to practice dittos with, while Vec on the other hand I'm not sure.

Because of the randomness in Falco dittos, B-will may go to Marth. Being a Falco main, B-will has a good idea of what Falcos like to do, and is probably familiar with cheap kills, having suffered them himself. However, one of Vec's primary opponents is a Marth player, I have seen the vids and Vec can definitly hold his own against a Marth, don't expect him to just be running into everything.

Lastly, we have Vec's M2. If Vec can fight Marths with M2 just as well as he can with Falco, B-will may be in for some real trouble. Marth needs to implement a high degree of spacing to face a Mewtwo, something that isn't as strong in players who only use Marth as a secondary. We've also all seen Forward vs Taj Falco/M2 matches, and know very well what a M2 is capable of doing to a Falco.

I put my money on B-will, because he has the experience. If Vec plays a style that B-will has seen, I can't see Vec winning. Vec on the other hand, will have to come up with a new strategy regardless of who he is playing, due to his lack of experience. If B-will hasn't seen a style like Vec's, and Vec is able to manipulate B-will's style before B-will does to him, Vec could very well take it.
Well there you go. Spoken from a true pro, Forward has this matchup analyzed perfectly. As one can see, it really can go both ways. I'm not going in this expecting to win; I'm going in this to give it my all in HOPE of winning. This set really can go either way.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah! That's what I'm talking bout, Dark. I change my bet...I got $10 on Vect. Better get ready for some training Vect...I don't like to lose money. LOL!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
You can find more info in the Videography section of the video area, but here's what I use:

I've got a Video Xpress AV to Usb adapter. It's not actually a capture card since it's not a card that goes into your computer. It's just a little box that connects your VCR to your computer. It also takes S-Video. That device cost me around $40. It also came with the necessary video editing software. (Ulead Video Studio, you can get a free trial of this online too)

You CAN hook up your gamecube directly to the device and play matches through your computer, but there's going to be lag. Nothing you can do about it. Your best bet is to tape stuff like you said, then play back the tape and rerecord it on your computer. Same goes for a DVR if you prefer. Honestly though, if you just buy some quality tapes you'll get quality footage. The extra clarity you'll gain from using a DVR is just going to be lost when you compress the video into a downloadable format. But if it's all you get then knock yourself out.

You are also going to need a decent computer if you want to be able to do this with decent quality and within a reasonable amount of time. Having a good video card helps.

That being said I'd love to upload some SV videos if you have the tapes. I'll be doing a bunch of work from T5 anyway. I look forward to it.
That is awesome, I've been interested in something like that for a long time. Excuse the huge favor I'll ask of you, but if you could tell me where to get that device and how to use it, I would greatly appreciate that. It's just that the STB have been wanting to do some video work since we started.

Anyway, enough of my jabbering. Hopefully, I'll see you at the Prep Tourney.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I want a rematch with chuckie last time we played he two stocked me twice but i am better then last time me and him played.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
You know what, cause I know Vec is gonna win I got 20 bucks on Vec to win. This is gonna be a mad ownage match, sorry B-Will if all you got is laser spam you lost already. Oh yeah im coming to T5 too. Doubles tourney I vote

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
lol... ur a lil confident.. Mr. j.. what if i sandbag or play bad. what if B-will uses his mindgames over his tech... yeah he's a defensive falco.. but sometimes a good defense makes the offense.. what if i don know how to handle a defensive falco... lol.. not tryin to make u nervous... but you never know what can happen.. now can you.. JUS LETN YOU KNOW..

Don make me sound like i'm somethin crazy and ****.. cuz if B-will beats me and you make me sound all like hot ****.. then that makes you.. and MORE IMPORTANTLY me... look STUPID..

lol jus sayin you know..

neways' to all of SV i'll do my best..

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want a rematch with chuckie last time we played he two stocked me twice but i am better then last time me and him played.
lol there should be plenty of time for friendlies. Keep in mind that chuckie has gotten a little better since then.

You know what, cause I know Vec is gonna win I got 20 bucks on Vec to win. This is gonna be a mad ownage match, sorry B-Will if all you got is laser spam you lost already. Oh yeah im coming to T5 too. Doubles tourney I vote
This is what I like to hear. I'm loving the **** talking.

Hey B-Will, think we'll have enough ppl to do pools? That'd be cool.
For sure, we will be doing pools.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I am sure he has but that was my first tourney i played in with jiggly he is still proabably better then me but i just want to see how much i improved

Duha

Smash Journeyman
south paw do you know something i don't you are so willing to mm me. like maybe your falco is really good against jiggly of maybe you heard from vegafuse that you could beat me who knows.

ill do 10$ mm jiggly vs falco but best of three all random mlg stages.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
south paw do you know something i don't you are so willing to mm me. like maybe your falco is really good against jiggly of maybe you heard from vegafuse that you could beat me who knows.

ill do 10$ mm jiggly vs falco but best of three all random mlg stages.
Lol....>_>

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Lol....>_>
hey eventhough i belive that he knows something about this match up that i don't i can't back down from a challenge plus i got to hold it down for the CO cause i think i am like 8 or 9 in colorado and if i beat number 2 in OK then that says alot about CO.

Haruka's DNA

Smash Cadet
Hey, Hanki and Butters! Since you guys are riding with Dan and I to Tucson next weekend I was going to make a cd for the ride. Dan told me that you two are big fans of Kelly Clarkson so I'll make sure to put plenty of her songs on the cd for you. ;) Any other favorites? Let me know, okay? Oh also, if there are any snack foods you like. It's a long two hours, lol. See you then!

Heh!

Alicia

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hey, Hanki and Butters! Since you guys are riding with Dan and I to Tucson next weekend I was going to make a cd for the ride. Dan told me that you two are big fans of Kelly Clarkson so I'll make sure to put plenty of her songs on the cd for you. ;) Any other favorites? Let me know, okay? Oh also, if there are any snack foods you like. It's a long two hours, lol. See you then!

Heh!

Alicia
You take good care of your guests. Dan is very lucky; you seem like the perfect girl--you're nice and you play video games. You don't by any chance have laser-beam eyes and a jet pack do you?

Anyway, Taj, One of the Banditos would like a dollar money match with you.

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
lol... ur a lil confident.. Mr. j.. what if i sandbag or play bad. what if B-will uses his mindgames over his tech... yeah he's a defensive falco.. but sometimes a good defense makes the offense.. what if i don know how to handle a defensive falco... lol.. not tryin to make u nervous... but you never know what can happen.. now can you.. JUS LETN YOU KNOW..

Don make me sound like i'm somethin crazy and ****.. cuz if B-will beats me and you make me sound all like hot ****.. then that makes you.. and MORE IMPORTANTLY me... look STUPID..

lol jus sayin you know..

neways' to all of SV i'll do my best..
This itself gave me full confidence that he will win. those who are modest usually have alot to be modest about, but this is Vector man. He'll own you with a month old waffle. I seen it.

EDIT: 5 on vect.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Taj ill 2 gatorade match you I love gatorade. What size gatorade match do you want?

IS anyone willing to house 4-6 people max of 7 people from durango. I am thinking more like 5 people. But durangoins are super wishy washy it could be just 2 lol. We will possibly have one girl with us that will not sleep on the floor so a coach or something is fine and the rest of us can sleep on the floor. We don't take up much space and we wont take your food. If there is room for us anywhere we much appreciate it if not we will try and stay in a hotel or just sleep in the car we haven't decided I am thinking the car. We will just need housing for saturday night.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman

Heh!

Alicia
I'm a huge Beatles fanatic, but I have an mp3, so i think ill be fine. I won't be really needing any snacks either, we're really used to long drives by now. Make sure to put Kelly clarkson on there tho, Miss Independent is the ****.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ok well go 1 gallon match and just be ready with my orange gatorade i don't want you to have to the store and waste more gas money after i beat you oh and i want the mewtwo ill go jiggly.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
ok well go 1 gallon match and just be ready with my orange gatorade i don't want you to have to the store and waste more gas money after i beat you oh and i want the mewtwo ill go jiggly.

You know I started thinkin about it and I dont ever remember Co having a Jiggs player....o_?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
there are two mains chap and me and lovo seconds jiggs.

Plus durango is 6-7 hours away from Denver so we don't play them it is practically another state. And i have only been playing jiggly for 4 months now and playing smash competitively for 7 months. My first tourney i took 6th in Farmington then i took like 10th in Denver then i took 12th in the xtopia the one with chuckie but i lost to chuckie and NM's best player in the tourney. Then I won the Farmington tourney about a month ago. All in all i am getting better faster due to all the different styles of people i am playing. Just recently i three stocked lovo's link twice in a row during a friendly with my jiggly and he is third best in colorado.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
ah ok your not around denver that explains it, cuz last time I was in Co you guys seemed like you never event played a jiggs before, much less have a jiggs player in your state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom