• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T5 - Arizona Tournament

Should T5 have a doubles or low-tier tourney?

• Doubles Tourney

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Low-Tier Tourney

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Maybeh...

I'm like, almost certain that I can go to this. It just really depends on what the start time is. If it's too early, then I'd have to get it off; and it might be too late to ask for it off.

But if I do go, I'll definetly be bringing a TV, Cube, and game. That is, if you still need more of that ishe.

I guess I can be more certain in a few days or so...I'll ask for the morning off anyways. Do we know where exactly it'll be held at yet?

<3

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
Uhm...15 dollars per team? Kind of random lol. How are we expected to split that two ways?

And not to mention, why would teams be worth more than singles?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Really good news--It seems that the STB are a GO for T5. We have a ride there, however, we need a ride back. I'd really like to come, so if anybody has a chance and no one minds having a bunch of Mexicans in their car for two hours, we'd really appreciate the lift home. Thanks everybody.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
nice g-mo, i might have a place for 1 or 2 peeps; it seems that Sizzle doesnt want a ride with me but will be getting one from Dan most likely, and i still dont know about Shiv if he can go. so far confirmed is me, my bro, and Ted

Hey B-Will, take Goop off the attending list because he told me himself that he cant go because of some class or some crap that he has to go to

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
I want in. :) Your car seats 5, right Greg?

Still dunno, though, give me about a week.

Haven't played for over a month...

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol alright, no rush dude, just dont tell me like the day of the tourney to give you a ride at the last minute, dont wanna be late or waking up earlier then expected

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
why am I not on the list of people coming to the tournament that is known as T5? I will bring my oh so noobish Ness as well as the other characters I play (lol @ other characters)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
MaXXX one of you can take my spot back to phoenix because I'll be stayin in Tucson afterwards
Who was originally supposed to give you a lift to PHX? I'd like to ask them so I don't seem rude. Thanks for letting me know about the opening. You know, AZOne felt empty to me. I didn't get to play teh Forward. I know Dark introduced us, but I admit I was too intimidated to ask you for a match. So hopefully, I will play you at T5, my visit wouldn't be complete otherwise.

forward

Smash Champion
LOL nice sig. I'm getting a ride with Omar and Ben, they are picking both Taj and Me up from phoenix, but since I'm not going back to phoenix there should be an extra spot.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maxx, how many are exactly going?

Yay for shashin and maybe shiv for going.

Omar, doubles really isn't more than singles because it's 7.50 per person rather than the ten for singles...but I do see your point about it being an odd number. I'll bump it down to 10 dollars for teams.

Updates are on the first page...15 tvs are ideal so keep the tvs coming if possible.

Time and venue are uncertain as of now; I'll let you know as soon as I know. We have a couple of good possibilities as of now.

Can't wait for this **** to happen.

EDIT: I notice I only have VectorMan from SV as the only person attending T5, and I know there are a lot more SV people going. Can you get me a number Vector?

I need to talk to a few people from Colorado and NM...as well as a few from Tucson who haven't gotten back to me.

We have the potential to make this a 40+ person tourney. Keep it up.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Ok, well I'm going to be able to ask for it off at the end of this week; then I won't hear back from them till the 12th when the post the new schedule for that week. x_x I know that' s late, but it's the best I can do. If I don't get it off I might just go to Tucson early from work, then sleep at a friend's dorm until the big event starts. I can already sense this being a weekend full of caffine, sugar, and energy drinks.:laugh:

Really good news--It seems that the STB are a GO for T5. We have a ride there, however, we need a ride back. I'd really like to come, so if anybody has a chance and no one minds having a bunch of Mexicans in their car for two hours, we'd really appreciate the lift home. Thanks everybody.
If I go, I can take a few people back...maybe one or two. I'll let y'all know as soon as I can.

<3

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
geez Love_Dove! :laugh:

Oh, and btw, read the bottom portion of my first post in this thread, heh.

Afterwards, throw some money in. :laugh: Even if it is 50 cents, anything to make this pot big. The bigger it is, the more intense this gets haha. To reiterate what I said in the first post, if you bet on the underdog, you get more money but of course, you have less of a chance of winning. If you bet big, you get more money in the end if you win.

I'll probably will be increasing my bet pending the development of this scheme. Looks like I am the underdog right now heh.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Thanks, Forward. I'll ask Omar if he wouldn't mind taking me, or one of the STB home.

As for who's going, there will be five of us there.

myself
Omar
Bryan
Vato
Ajay

PS; Omar, (Blood of the Fallen), if you wouldn't mind giving one of us a ride home, please let me know. Thanks so much in advance, we don't want to get stuck in Tucson, I get lost easily and I can't prostitute/hitchhike well.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
B-Will here's is my number.. you can call netime.. lol.. i will spread the word to the rest of SV for you too. 520-559-0134

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Sweet so for durango has 4 going 100% for sure now. ME,Nin9, and two other n00bs that wanted to come with us they we are training. We may possibly have 4 more coming from durango. And maybe we can get some farmington people to come too.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can offer rides to/from T5, but not on the day of. I'm going to be leaving the day before (Friday) and returning the day after (Saturday) and staying with a friend who lives in Tucson. If anyone wants rides with me you can get it, but you'll have to arrange to stay either one or two nights in Tucson.

I should have 2 seats available, both in back. (Alicia gets shotgun, sorry)

That reminds me, B-Will, the friend I'm going to be staying with is going to come with me. So you can add him to the list. His name is Stefan, but he goes by LockLand typically for gaming.
(Hanki knows him)

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
I can offer rides to/from T5, but not on the day of. I'm going to be leaving the day before (Friday) and returning the day after (Saturday) and staying with a friend who lives in Tucson. If anyone wants rides with me you can get it, but you'll have to arrange to stay either one or two nights in Tucson.

I should have 2 seats available, both in back. (Alicia gets shotgun, sorry)

That reminds me, B-Will, the friend I'm going to be staying with is going to come with me. So you can add him to the list. His name is Stefan, but he goes by LockLand typically for gaming.
(Hanki knows him)
OMG Dan that is so perfect, can you take me and shane?

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
My bet...

For the B-Will/Vector MM, I'll bet $10 on B-Will. :)

And I find it funny that myself and my TV are definetly going...but my game and cube might not be there. :-p

AND huzzah for the team price being dropped! :)

<3

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
this sounds like fun, i can probably go. i can get a ride to phx. but i might need a ride from phx to tucson if anybody is kind enough

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sweet so for durango has 4 going 100% for sure now. ME,Nin9, and two other n00bs that wanted to come with us they we are training. We may possibly have 4 more coming from durango. And maybe we can get some farmington people to come too.
Awesome, I have never played you guys from Colorado. Keep trying to get others!

(Hanki knows him)
Added.

I might be able to go.
Where do you live?

For the B-Will/Vector MM, I'll bet $10 on B-Will. :)

And I find it funny that myself and my TV are definetly going...but my game and cube might not be there. :-p

AND huzzah for the team price being dropped! :)

<3
lol, for some reason I thought that you mentioned you weren't sure about the cube...some people don't have cubes you know? It's fixed now.

And thanks for betting on me, I appreciate the confidence. :laugh:

this sounds like fun, i can probably go. i can get a ride to phx. but i might need a ride from phx to tucson if anybody is kind enough
Help a brother out!

Good **** you all, we are approaching 40 and there are still people who are potentially going, and I haven't even added the SV crew yet. It's looking good.

Oh, and the pot between vec and me is at 75 so far. I put in an extra 10 on myself so 20 total so that SV has incentive to bet more lol.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm supposed to be soda-matching agaisnt shashin. that'll be interesting.

by the way altf4, i have the tape from the round robin and we're going to give it to you so you can put matches up affter t5. everyone, theres a lot of good **** on there. i'll post all the matches (not videos) on tomorrow or friday.

oh yeah altf4, where can i can something to put the matches on my computer through a VCR cassette. i know there's capture cards but i heard there's like a USB av cord that you can hook to VCR's too. what do you use and where can i find somehing cheap?
You can find more info in the Videography section of the video area, but here's what I use:

I've got a Video Xpress AV to Usb adapter. It's not actually a capture card since it's not a card that goes into your computer. It's just a little box that connects your VCR to your computer. It also takes S-Video. That device cost me around $40. It also came with the necessary video editing software. (Ulead Video Studio, you can get a free trial of this online too)

You CAN hook up your gamecube directly to the device and play matches through your computer, but there's going to be lag. Nothing you can do about it. Your best bet is to tape stuff like you said, then play back the tape and rerecord it on your computer. Same goes for a DVR if you prefer. Honestly though, if you just buy some quality tapes you'll get quality footage. The extra clarity you'll gain from using a DVR is just going to be lost when you compress the video into a downloadable format. But if it's all you get then knock yourself out.

You are also going to need a decent computer if you want to be able to do this with decent quality and within a reasonable amount of time. Having a good video card helps.

That being said I'd love to upload some SV videos if you have the tapes. I'll be doing a bunch of work from T5 anyway. I look forward to it.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
woot, thats what i do, :-D

except my capture device cost a bit more and i never bothered with ulead, movie maker works for me...

but yeah people, i record a lot of matches too and what he just said... is probably the easiest and cheapest way to do it.

oh yeah, if you have one that's external, like we do, then yeah, there will be lag, but if you have a good computer, you can get a video card that has these features integrated and there wont be any lag (talk to trent 'chaos theory' about this as he has this setup)

and... colorado is awesome... i met some of them (im pretty sure it was the durango crew actually) at the NM tournament...

I'll be in az in six days! OMG CAN'T WAIT!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, SouthPaw, if you have a video card that can take AV input directly then the lag won't be any more than the VCR converting the info to your TV. I don't really like playing through my monitor anyway though :)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
lol wtf why did it say vector asked about the video stuff when it was me? lol oh well.

hey b-will, are you using marth agaisnt vector's falco? if so i'll try and scrap up 5 dollars to bet on you. your marth does some gay **** as we'll all see soon (including the amtches against me you ******* <3)

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
hey b-will, are you using marth agaisnt vector's falco? if so i'll try and scrap up 5 dollars to bet on you. your marth does some gay **** as we'll all see soon (including the amtches against me you ******* <3)
Psh, you should bet on B-Will even if he uses G&W. I'd possibly increase the pot by another 10 dollars if he used G&W.

>.>...

<.<...

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom