• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T5 - Arizona Tournament

Should T5 have a doubles or low-tier tourney?

• Doubles Tourney

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Low-Tier Tourney

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
that is not totally true they do have a jiggly player in denver his name is chap i think erg is his brother but i could be wrong.

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Hanki and Butters! Since you guys are riding with Dan and I to Tucson next weekend I was going to make a cd for the ride. Dan told me that you two are big fans of Kelly Clarkson so I'll make sure to put plenty of her songs on the cd for you. ;) Any other favorites? Let me know, okay? Oh also, if there are any snack foods you like. It's a long two hours, lol. See you then!

Heh!

Alicia
Haha, your too kind ^_^ But pretty much what Zach said, we drive for an hour and a half to all the tournies and stuff, but I don't know what snacks to get =( Just bring whatever lol. I also have an Ipod so music wont be a problem :)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol Hanki and Butters. Alicia posted that as a joke. She thought for sure that you'd hate Kelly Clarkson so she'd mess with you by saying she was going to play it the whole way there. But I guess it backfired! Mindgames, lolz!

Duha

Smash Journeyman
forward did he play jiggly when you and taj went down there. I heard that you guys owned them pretty good. When Durango went for a tourney in denver they talked about how you were part of MATF is there any truth to that?

forward

Smash Champion
I don't know what MATF is, so if I'm part of it I have no idea about it. He didn't play much jiggs against me cuz it wasn't good combo footage for my video, so i think he mostly played fox or something

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
forward are you goign to make a COAK vid? i'd love to be in it.

ok that wasn't that funny : \

but yeah i hope to play you and learn from your falco cause you're way good and b-will didn't tech me **** except how to get owned by marth adn lose toa bowser (which i'll win next time b-will... you'll see :-D)

hmm and i may reconsider my bet on b-will. vector man's getting a lot of hype here. i wish i got to go to SV and play him thuogh. cause i've played b-will but not vector. hmm. my bet is still on b-will but i MAY change it.

hanki i want to get owned by your Young Link lol.

Axe, i'm glad you're coming but too bad Tag can't come that sucks. :( how come he can't?

taj if you srsly drink gallon's of gatorade at a time holy crap. i would play y ou but i know i would lose lol. and i've already got money bet on b-will and a soda match with shashin so i dont know if i'll have many elft to buy a big *** gatorade to bet on a match i know i'll lose.

shashin you better still be up for that soda match lol. falco vs. marth. we'll do friendlies falco vs. ness and G&W vs. Ness lol. and get on AIM more lol.

wow this is looking like a shout outs thing.

altf4 i need your help finding a usb capture thing for my computer now so i can help you import matches so oculd you show me a good place where i could find one for < 50 bucks?

see all you guys in 6 days.

HAPPY EASTER!

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I see I think they think you are part of there crew or something. maybe it was taj but i am sure they said one of you was in there crew.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
wait how did i get pulled into this mm thing??? or were you asking me to money match you?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
haha i don't know hanki said 'money match?' and i didn't know if he was talking to me or you. jeez this is all confusing.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
lol b-will tells me you've got good experience against falco's so i'm a little intimidated so i don't know 5 bucks is a bit much for me throw away XD

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah wasn't that at AZOne? i think i heard about that from someone on here. oh well. Hanki if you really want to MM i'll do one for like a dollar lol. also how about some low tier friendlies :) my G&W vs your YL lol (yeah i'll get owned but it'll be fun :))

Haruka's DNA

Smash Cadet
You take good care of your guests. Dan is very lucky; you seem like the perfect girl--you're nice and you play video games. You don't by any chance have laser-beam eyes and a jet pack do you?

Anyway, Taj, One of the Banditos would like a dollar money match with you.
Ha! Unfortunately I don't have laser-beam eyes or a jet pack...sorry to disappoint, LOL! But thanks for your compliments. I look forward to meeting you in Tucson! Have a great week!

:samus:

CHUK

Smash Ace
I think I might come if I dont work, I might evan call in... It will be nice to play some greats.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be there recording. You bet.

I hope to get as much of the bracket as possible. Pools won't be recorded as there's just too many matches and it's too chaotic. But once the bracket starts I'll try to encourage people to play on TV's that are recording as much as possible.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many VCR's we're going to have. I planned on bringing 3, but more could come in handy. Probably 5 or 6 total would be optimal. Along those same lines, I'm planning on being more prepared than in AzOne. I'll come with some backup cables and stuff like coaxials, double male AVs, and a handy dandy universal remote.

Oh, and B-Will. Do we want the Dual TV setup or not? I mentioned it this weekend to Sean and Tony and they liked it, but this is your tourney and I wanted to get an official word from you.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be there recording. You bet.

I hope to get as much of the bracket as possible. Pools won't be recorded as there's just too many matches and it's too chaotic. But once the bracket starts I'll try to encourage people to play on TV's that are recording as much as possible.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many VCR's we're going to have. I planned on bringing 3, but more could come in handy. Probably 5 or 6 total would be optimal. Along those same lines, I'm planning on being more prepared than in AzOne. I'll come with some backup cables and stuff like coaxials, double male AVs, and a handy dandy universal remote.

Oh, and B-Will. Do we want the Dual TV setup or not? I mentioned it this weekend to Sean and Tony and they liked it, but this is your tourney and I wanted to get an official word from you.
Dual TV setup would be tight. Yes, do it.

Also, good idea, I was already thinking about getting an official count for tv's with vcrs. For those whose names are listed in the front post under televisions, let me know if your tv has a vcr built in. I would love to have more than 5-6 tvs recording.

Also, I dunno I would love to see a few pool matches recorded, like the most prominent matches. Each pool will have 1-2 "pros" to make it even and I'd like to see the games played between them recorded. I dunno I'd make sure these matches get recorded on a tv and no other matches in the pool.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
b-will the TV that i will be bringing has a built in VCR as you know. i guess this post is more for altf4's knowledge then. which also reminds me that i need help finding a usb AV cord thing for less than 50 bucks alt, please help me find one and i can assist you in getting matches up on youtube.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
hey b-will... you should have jason (i think that's altf4's real name, <3 if im wrong dude) record money matches : P... so when he puts them up the titles will be something like:

B-Will vs V3ctor - X$ and a Burrito. Bets placed.

:-D lolz

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
The name's Dan :) (It's okay if you don't remember my name... Coty...;)). And yea that would be cool SouthPaw. It's all going to have to be organized though, you know. Cuz if people do a money match, a tournament match, and then people play random friendlies there's no way to tell the difference on the tapes. And I can't be everywhere at once making notes about what tapes have what on them. Certain TV's will have to be designated for friendlies, etc...

For MM's, maybe if the players did some sort of signal like making an "M" pattern with the cursor before choosing stage I could figure it out. I kind of like that idea... Also names are a big help. If nothing else, put your name on and then take it off before the match. Just so I can see.

GamerGuitarist: This is what I use. You can pick them up at Fry's Electronics, CompUsa, etc... just look around. Try Google.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
arigatou dan. i found one on ebay for like 15 bucks new buy it now from a Circuit City dealer. i may purchase it. thanks :)

South_Paw

Smash Ace
i knew that... >__>...i was testing to see if you remembered your name

and yeah, i was sorta thinking the same thing.. like having one have the tag 'MM' and having the other person be the amount or something would be cool : P

and you should kill people that do friendlies while you're recording, lol

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
yeah wasn't that at AZOne? i think i heard about that from someone on here. oh well. Hanki if you really want to MM i'll do one for like a dollar lol. also how about some low tier friendlies :) my G&W vs your YL lol (yeah i'll get owned but it'll be fun :))
Low Tier friendlies would be fun, sorry it takes so long for The Hanki to post >=(

Duha

Smash Journeyman
no one answered if they would have room for 5-6 players to stay at their place.

butters ill mm and nin9 proabally will but the others that are coming from durango are not very good at smash i 4 stock them when i play serious almost all the time. But i will ask them if they want but they are more coming to just play experienced people. We are kind of training them.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what MATF is, so if I'm part of it I have no idea about it. He didn't play much jiggs against me cuz it wasn't good combo footage for my video, so i think he mostly played fox or something
Forward: I did play jiggly once but I got tired of getting stomped out by Freddy Mercury
Duha: you dont even know how gay LoVo can be to a jigglypuff when he is actually TRYING
Chaos Theory: is the person who inspired me to pick up jigglypuff :D

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Chap I see now so how long have you been playing jiggly then

also i know how gay his link is i just managed to get by his gayness when i three stocked him and when i got inside of his gayness i got a few easy rests off and that was the match.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Forward: I did play jiggly once but I got tired of getting stomped out by Freddy Mercury
Duha: you dont even know how gay LoVo can be to a jigglypuff when he is actually TRYING
Chaos Theory: is the person who inspired me to pick up jigglypuff :D

Quoted for lots of truth.

oh and Alt....dude...i will one hand MM for $1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom