• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 3- RaynEx, Unknown522, San!!!! July 24 2010

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I put up prices on the first page the payouts are up for discussion rather or not we payout to 4th or keep it just top 3 give me your input!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
With the attendance for both events the way it is a 5% payout to 4th place should guarantee a refund if not a little more. or a tiny bit less.

Sharky

Smash Master
sorry I haven't responded to this yet cura, I'm fine with $7 entry, also I think we should just do 4th if we get a certain amount of entrants, like say 30 or more for an event or something like that. And no 4th for dubs obviously.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Payout looks legit enough. Top 4 sounds good.

I also like the 6+7+7 idea. It makes you want to enter all events since all together it's just $20. That's the amount I payed at SS1 just to enter Singles and cover the venue fee.

Payout Analysis (for singles)

Expected number of entrants: 30-50

Payout percentage:
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Entry fee: $7

Payout range
1st: $115.50 - $192.50
2nd: $63.00 - $105.00
3rd: $21.00 - $35.00
4th: $10.50 - $17.50

I'm too lazy to do math for doubles, so just make it top 3
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Interesting! This is a good payout prediction for brawl. Melee however needs to step up there attendance and most people need to confirm that they are attending!

RazrFalconXX

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, I'm new to the area and i am planning on attending this tournament for melee, but will anyone be housing? and im also looking for a teams partner too! its a 3 hour drive for me so housing would be awesome!, even if its in rochester, its still a big help.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
If you play melee, you best bet would be to stay with rochester and come down with them. I will provide housing if its needed, however our region in central is mostly all brawl. So you'll definitely have the most fun and the most practice with Rochester in terms of melee but i will provide housing if they cannot

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Ill get in touch with buffalo and guide then towards you that way you can pay less for gas obviously

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
Ha. Yeah it's been awhile dude. Depends on if I can get a really good partner in time. I'll probly go either way. I'm back.

Sharky

Smash Master
note for cura: the copy of melee that you have posted as me bringing is the disc I've left at your place for the past few months lol

Sharky

Smash Master
kinda thought I'd mention that because we're both listed as bringing a melee setup when it's most likely the same setup between us.

Sanu

Smash Champion
ALRIGHT!!! Confirm me, RaynEX, Unknown522, Sleaf and one other for this tournament; still need to fill the car up. Those are names you want in the topic title so gogogo Canada is confirmed for Melee.

We need housing Friday and Saturday night, anyone gonna step it up?

Sanu

Smash Champion
I put up prices on the first page the payouts are up for discussion rather or not we payout to 4th or keep it just top 3 give me your input!
$7 for singles? I think that's still too low and makes things somewhat awkward, $8 or $10 would probably be a better choice :)

Sharky

Smash Master
If canada is coming I wouldn't mind bumping the entry back up to 10, as that was part of my basis for being ok with 7

Top Bottom