• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Fest Feb 10th, BEST practice

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
well, not sure if this matters but I'm free to go to any fest or tourneys from now on. no distractions now, although I still gotta deal with parents =/ anything happening soon?

Sharky

Smash Master
It was really good, I was impressed. The club is relatively new (I had roles in their first two bigger productions in 2009), but they're really enthusiastic about it and they have a pretty good pool of talent considering that and their small size. The one regret I have is the stage isn't very good, but we made up for it I think. BTW, they are doing one more performance of Dog Sees God next week I forget the date hold on a sec

edit: last performances are april 15th and 16th at 7:30, admission is $6

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
It was really good, I was impressed. The club is relatively new (I had roles in their first two bigger productions in 2009), but they're really enthusiastic about it and they have a pretty good pool of talent considering that and their small size. The one regret I have is the stage isn't very good, but we made up for it I think. BTW, they are doing one more performance of Dog Sees God next week I forget the date hold on a sec

edit: last performances are april 15th and 16th at 7:30, admission is $6
Sweet, I've never heard of the play before but I wanna see how they are. I'll probably go during the last performances. It's really hard to carry a play with so few people, but I'm glad they did well. What plays did you do when you were there?
We're doing a competition/instructional thing at Oswego next week, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can from other actors.

Sharky

Smash Master
Ooh Ooh Ooh the oswego festival is super fun, enjoy that! =D

I played Algernon Moncrief in The Importance of Being Earnest, and I played several mid-to-minor roles in A Clockwork Orange

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Ooh Ooh Ooh the oswego festival is super fun, enjoy that! =D

I played Algernon Moncrief in The Importance of Being Earnest, and I played several mid-to-minor roles in A Clockwork Orange
Dang, A.M.'s a main role right? (Wiki made it out to be from what I read) I can't ever get main roles. People say I'm a character actor, which is great and all but I'd like to do some main char. stuff too at some point.

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah Algernon's a lead, but really I got him cause he's pretty much the perfect character for me, we are so alike. =P It's really hard for character actors to break the typecast, it really just depends on the play sadly. =(

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I.don't know what to call it. Interpretative acting to the beatles song yesterday

Sharky

Smash Master
in the event that anyone's interested, I'm helping run a game of capture the flag at barry park in cuse tomorrow night. We meet at the park at 8:30, game starts at 9, runs til midnight or so. I'd probably be willing to smash afterward, as long as people are out by 9am sunday morning. We've been doing this for several summers now, it's a lot of fun I'd recommend it. =D We don't play in the actual park, but there's a big pond next to it with some woods/trails going around it. We play there, and we've had some pretty serious games going in the past. Bring dark clothing!

just to show where the park is:

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
you know what? i think i might try to come. i want to get back in shape and this sounds like a great place to start. plus, i love capture the flag.

Top Bottom