• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Fest Feb 10th, BEST practice

altairian

Smash Lord
I really want to go to P4, but I guess I'm in the tiny minority of smash players that actually has a job :p

If any other upstate NY people want to go, PM me and maybe we can get enough for a hotel room to be affordable. I'll make a post in the PR thread about it too. About the turnout I've heard the P4 brawl registrations are in the 50's (might not be accurate, just what I heard), which is pretty **** low for a tourney this hyped but there's a ton of people I want to meet so it's worth it imo.

Kantō

Smash Champion
really, i would love to go. but christams has drained my wallet as well as normal bills. so yea i dont think its gunna happen for me. thanks for offering though alt.

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
Registrations are going to go crazy in the last week or so for Pound. Or at least that's what Plank says. Seeing as Pound 3 had a good turnout I don't see why Pound 4 shouldn't be the same.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
last i heard theres about 65 or so pre regged for brawl at pound and pre reg ends on the first of the year.

im going to guess that how ever many are pre regged by christmas, that same amount of people will register in that last week at max

so im going to guess, 140-150 for brawl at pound.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Entraants for melee - 140
Entrants for Brawl- 53

I honeslty dont see to many people being there for brawl. i dont even think it push like 100 maybe like 80-90 at most. Unless people massively sign in last minute which is unlikely seeing how the price continues to go up. In my opinon its not worth the price of gas hotel and entree fee your looking at about 200$. But who knows it up to you i suppose

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I'm just going to wait for viridian city to go out of state, personally.
Team ROBasaurus Rex at Viridian?
TBH I think we should keep teaming, we dont have a blatant skill difference, plus we're starting to get down fighting as a team. Let's make ROBasaurus Rex a regular and wreck ****.

Sharky

Smash Master
Sounds pretty good to me. =D We gotta start learning some solid cp stages though, like as a team. It seems like we've just been guessing up to this point, haha. But hell yea ROBasaurus Rex FTW

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I'm just going to wait for viridian city to go out of state, personally.
Sounds pretty good to me. =D We gotta start learning some solid cp stages though, like as a team. It seems like we've just been guessing up to this point, haha. But hell yea ROBasaurus Rex FTW
Haha yeah. Ill learn Brinstar, so that will be an option. I dunno how you feel about Pictochat, I think that stage is pretty ill.

Random thought:
I think we should make some kind of crew for upstate NY. That way, when we travel OoS or whatever, we can be representin'. Yeah.

Sharky

Smash Master
I actually don't mind picto chat yeah. It's not something I rely on, but getting twice as many chaingrabs as I should in the wind transformation of the stage is hilarious XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont know what the difference is between a crew, and me jesse and neil playing smash 1-3 times a week and traveling to tourneys together...

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Teams MM$ me and level 9 cpu vs robasaurus rex
I'd throw $2 down.

What character for the CPU?

By crew I mean the legit crew thing that everybody in the other regions do. Crew name and stuff, we have crew battles when we go OoS, and whatever. Like Frank is in that juice crew or whatever.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
100% Juice is legit.

And the one thing I cant come up with is a legit crew name... If you look at RTF/Hubble's sigs, we can talk to foy and expand on that, or we can start from scratch. its up to you guys.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Lol. Id be down for this ^^.

Also me and fran are leaving in like 10 hours. And wont be back till jan 9th or so. Jan 16th fest is still good to go make sure you plan for it.

Kantō

Smash Champion
Yo this thread needs a bump,

Next week for the fest? Can't wait,

@matt&frannie, we need to play! Soon b4 the fest. What r u guys doin this week?

altairian

Smash Lord
lol as far as I know I'm the only non-syracuse person coming so...probably not as epic as you think =\

The only new faces might be 1337-zero and whatever friends he brings? Hopefully he comes I'm pretty sure it's not too far from him.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i got a few new kids that will come. there names tag names are Carl! and Xeno. they are old melee players from years ago that i met that recently got into brawl, there not too good yet. but they know how the game works and how its supposed to be played. give them a lil practice at this guys.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
This is still going down right? My brother is probably coming with me to this. He's a fox player, not sure what tag he's going to use yet though.

Kantō

Smash Champion
**** this will be a big smashfest.

we having a mini $1 tourney? or a low teir tourney or what?

altairian

Smash Lord
If I see him on aim tonight I'll bug him to post a final yes/no. Sadly even if he does have it, I won't be there, because my boss decided she's too sick to work tomorrow (she's worked all week with this sickness, and now has a prescription of antibiotics for it) so I'm forced to work. My job is AWESOME!

I have next saturday off though (for now) so maybe I can come chill then.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
If I see him on aim tonight I'll bug him to post a final yes/no. Sadly even if he does have it, I won't be there, because my boss decided she's too sick to work tomorrow (she's worked all week with this sickness, and now has a prescription of antibiotics for it) so I'm forced to work. My job is AWESOME!

I have next saturday off though (for now) so maybe I can come chill then.
No dubz :(

Oh well, work is work. Sorry Alt, hope your boss gets better.

altairian

Smash Lord
I'll try to get up next saturday, and I'll quit my job before I let them force me to work the weekend of SS2 (lol I don't like smash that much, I'm just that pissed off with my job right now :p ) so I'll definitely see you guys soon ;)

Oh and I'll try to drag CJT and snakeee out with me next weekend assuming there's a fest.

Top Bottom