• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

]Syntax Error['s Brawl Texture Hack Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
(Sorry if this topic was already posted before.)

So, if any of you haven't heard, a group of 3 Brawl hackers known as ]Syntax Error[ are working on a huge Brawl hacking project that'll revolutionize Brawl. They're texture hacking. It may sound a bit, well, bland if described that way, but what they're basically doing is changing the colors of characters to resemble characters from famous games, movies, or TV shows, which is truly an amazing feat. For example, they turned good ol' Captain Falcon into Ronald McDonald.

Behold, the power of ]Syntax Error[.

By the way, the file necessary for the Brawl community to start using these amazing texture hacks should supposedly be released today. Also, apparently, if you're fighting someone on Wi-Fi who hacked the textures in, they'll see the texture/costume you chose for your character. If they don't have the hack, it'll just be the normal version of that character. So, this hack doesn't interfere with the sync of Wi-Fi like ocarina does. Anyway, for more information about ]Syntax Error[ and/or their project, go to their website;

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
(Is advertising allowed here?)

I love you guys, your texture hacks are perfect and dead-on, I wish I could make my own......

If you don't mind some suggestions, try making a Metool (from the Mega Man series) using Ness Kirby.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Make a emo verison of peach if you can lol...

( Sorta like Link or toon link)

That would look super beast mode..

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I <3 Boo.

<3 SkyWalker.
<3 all of 'em. And the Mysterious L?
This is going to be win. It's all my Wii needs as a hack. Nothing else.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Hey, uh, guys, don't get the wrong idea. Although I'd love to be in ]Syntax Error[, I'm not, so, yeah.

Uh, I have no idea how to go about doing this. I'll look for it on the site. I may post a guide later, but we'll see.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I requested a "santa Clause" Toon Link. >_>
Never got an answer or anything. >_<

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
There's a Santa Clause Adult Link in there somewhere.

I'm a big fan of some, such as fierce deity link, but not as much of some others. It would be great to be able to pick and choose.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Yeah, some of the costumes I'd prefer just the generic color swap over. If they were all included in addition that'd be fine, but as is. . .Meh.

In any case there's too much Naruto.

But obviously it's worth the trade off for a few lost alt colors for the more epic costumes in there such as Dry Bowser, Metal Sonic, and Ridley.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Can you hack Pichu into Brawl too at somepoint? ><

You'd probably have to resize Pikachu for that though. XD

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
They should of done a Krystal costume instead of one of some Red dude. My two favorite costumes are Metal Sonic and Megaman.

Steelia

Smash Champion
They should of done a Krystal costume instead of one of some Red dude. My two favorite costumes are Metal Sonic and Megaman.
Uhn-huh... And whom would you propose would make a good Krystal? The closest you'd get to that is making one of the female fighters Krystal-gone-human.

How does this not have more popularity on Smashboards? These textures are incredible. They only FREAKING HACKED RIDLEY AND MEWTWO INTO BRAWL.
I hear that. I'm going to enjoy beating down normal-colored Lucario with Mewcario... haha. (Ironic, as my score for Lucario will consequentally rise each time I play as him. :p )

XACE-K

Smash Master
I love a lot of Syntax's costumes. Metroid Trainer, Viewtiful Joe and the Fierce Deity's are too good. And Stack Smash should get some love to for helping them.

My only problem is there's too much Kingdom Hearts stuff and they should've a least tried to get a DK or G&W hack in it.

Steelia

Smash Champion
My only problem is there's too much Kingdom Hearts stuff and they should've a least tried to get a DK or G&W hack in it.
If you were to frequent ]EE['s site, you'd learn why they didn't do any DK or G&W texture hacks.

DK's problem was his fur. It wasn't that they didn't have ideas for him, it's just that his fur is... rather complicated. (Apparently, when you tamper with it, it went from smooth and straight to blocky).

As for Mr. Game... his texture is only a pixel. How can you edit a pixel? Simply by coloring it in, is all. Everyone else has sheets of textures.
Literally, this is what you'd be editing for Mr. Game. Knock yourself out:

-->
<--

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I hope they havn't been shut down or 'nything. The release was so close.

I'm sure it'll be fine, I just hope that if there is an imminent delay they tell us what happened.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Right. Apparantly ]EE['s forums are down now, and their YouTube Account is closed. Apparantly Skyos said something pretty silly before the forums closed up, so who knows? Was it his "hasta la vista, we screwed up and don't wanna show our faces" or was it "have we got a surprise for you".

Either way, it could be days before we find anything out... But I'll be checking around a few forums to gather info. Probably.

EDIT: Stack Smash have spoken on the matter.

http://unleadedmugen.com/stacksmash/?p=1941

Steelia

Smash Champion
To be honest, SuperLink9, I really don't believe anything's going to come out of it now. Why was there no announcement? Why did they just close? I know they're supposed to be broken up today... but some things just don't add up.

What I mean to say is, don't get your hopes up. Whatever happens happens.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
theyr server is most likely down when they tried to host the files and what not. im the meantime im preparing for it as one of the things u need is to backup your brawl onto your computer so u can modify it then burn it back to a disc and use that (which has the modified textures). they have a guide for everything but i already know how to backup my disc although its gonna take like 5 hours -_-

theres no way theyr closed down. theyv been working on it for months and months and they finished. im sure its just webserver problems

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'm really annoyed about this, because I was looking forward to it so much, but all the hope is gone and now we can't even get a proper answer...

I probably won't be able to sleep now through trying to work everything out.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
So dissapointing.
I'm going to keep mahself updated and see if something doesn't turn around.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo probably got word of the project and gave them a cease and desist letter.

Epic c0ck hack blocking.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Gahh...
Nintendo is crap.

I cannot believe this. It's looking more and more like it's them. Why go after simple texture hacks and not the easily accessible emulators all over actually costing them money?

Then with Nintendo's stance on only making games for the crowds of people that buy their casual crap...I am over it.

NES/SNES/N64 and even Gamecube I was the biggest Nintendo fan.
I cannot stand them now. They have great franchises, but even those I feel have been dumb downed lately.

Bah.......................
Really?

I really hope I am wrong in thinking it is Nintendo who put a stop to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom