• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
OKAY THATS IT THIS IS WHAT CAN HAPPEN, I HAVE TWO TVS AT MY HOUSE IN ASQUITH, IT DOESNT TAKE TO LONG TO GET THERE AND IF SOMEBODY TO BRING WII+BRWAL AND MELEE WE CAN HAAAAAAVE A MEET AND IF THERE IS ENOUGH PEOPLE A TOURNIE.

WHO IS UP FOR THIS **** !!!!!! YAHHHHHHH

if that cant work i might come to some elses i dont care who for some melee

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
IGIF and ILAG should take a photo together...

ARM WRESTLING.

and IGIF, you let BRAWL into your house these days? amazing.
as much as i am against brawl and its ethnics if it gets people to come im fine with it.

Dedu

Smash Lord
LOL I didn't notice that either... till SSBen pointed that out :p

Brawl ethnics: Mostly white guys.
Melee ethnics: Mostly white guys.

Conclusion: Minimal Ethnics.
Difference?

The game. Love it or hate it. It's like sushi.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Nice topic change Shaya. :p

I'm interested in the music change. Did he just upload a song to go with the video, or did he replace the actual music in Brawl?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Verrry Niiice GIYGAS texture....

Adds an ethereal/passionate feel to the battle. Something Brawl never had - too many bright colours, all fighting for domination.
Man, that Marth sooooo ***** 100x more than in melee! I'd play him.
Roy style Dtilt to EFFF Smassssh!

Jaz

Smash Ace
Sorry guys i been away for a bit,

Look EGG guys have said NOTHING will happen till exams are finished and then and there i need to hit them with a few proposals about future tournaments
so for the rest of this month, for me personally I'll be away most of the time and there won't be any more tournies this month.

When does sim ship out btw?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Sorry guys i been away for a bit,

Look EGG guys have said NOTHING will happen till exams are finished and then and there i need to hit them with a few proposals about future tournaments
so for the rest of this month, for me personally I'll be away most of the time and there won't be any more tournies this month.

When does sim ship out btw?
i sorta wanna play brawl plus as marth with roy moves

xeno

Smash Ace
You guys held a tournament in my honor, I'm honored!!
I was in a wreck recently.. had a concussion and don't remember details just woke up with a hell of a headache and blood all over my pants, to boot. Mostly ok now, just some nightmares/bad sleep/sore muscles/disorientation haunting me =D. But hey, wanted to say thank you to everyone for the friendships, matches, organizations, lifts etc when I was in Sydney.. you guys all rock.
I'm currently coding iPhone games independantly; went to the iPhone developer conference last week in San Fran and got to sit down with Apple engineers and get coding help. Was awesome, and have some playable prototypes of games up and working now. Looking forward to launching a couple games in the next 2-3 months.
How is this Brawl+, I have yet to try it but it looks neat? .

Congratulations to SD for winning the Comrades of Xeno tournament! You must be pretty kick-*** nowadays if your besting Kulla and the like. I have kept up my Melee skills a bit, but I currently don't have a car so can't do too much.. my current main focus is on programming to get rich so I can travel the world (and play Melee in the process).

I have a technical theory question a hyper-technical player may be able to answer (Tom? SD?). With Fox, I'm thinking of the following as a long-distance tech chase:

Dash > Short hop BEFORE they tech > Waveland in direction of their tech > Dash > Pressure/Grab/SHFFL/Illusion.

Is this a practical and commonly used follow-up technique? I'm thinking for after F-smashes and B-airs when they are stunned, pushed away, but floating and have time to tech. Idea is you S-hop near their tech timing so you can waveland on reaction instead of doing dash>wd>dash>wd etc but on prediction.

Maybe this is something Falcon has more use for, with his higher ground speed. Jaz?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I was in a wreck recently.. had a concussion and don't remember details just woke up with a hell of a headache and blood all over my pants, to boot. Mostly ok now, just some nightmares/bad sleep/sore muscles/disorientation haunting me =

holy ****, that doesnt sound fun :( hope your feeling better

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
You guys held a tournament in my honor, I'm honored!!
I was in a wreck recently.. had a concussion and don't remember details just woke up with a hell of a headache and blood all over my pants, to boot. Mostly ok now, just some nightmares/bad sleep/sore muscles/disorientation haunting me =D. But hey, wanted to say thank you to everyone for the friendships, matches, organizations, lifts etc when I was in Sydney.. you guys all rock.
I'm currently coding iPhone games independantly; went to the iPhone developer conference last week in San Fran and got to sit down with Apple engineers and get coding help. Was awesome, and have some playable prototypes of games up and working now. Looking forward to launching a couple games in the next 2-3 months.
How is this Brawl+, I have yet to try it but it looks neat? .

Congratulations to SD for winning the Comrades of Xeno tournament! You must be pretty kick-*** nowadays if your besting Kulla and the like. I have kept up my Melee skills a bit, but I currently don't have a car so can't do too much.. my current main focus is on programming to get rich so I can travel the world (and play Melee in the process).

I have a technical theory question a hyper-technical player may be able to answer (Tom? SD?). With Fox, I'm thinking of the following as a long-distance tech chase:

Dash > Short hop BEFORE they tech > Waveland in direction of their tech > Dash > Pressure/Grab/SHFFL/Illusion.

Is this a practical and commonly used follow-up technique? I'm thinking for after F-smashes and B-airs when they are stunned, pushed away, but floating and have time to tech. Idea is you S-hop near their tech timing so you can waveland on reaction instead of doing dash>wd>dash>wd etc but on prediction.

Maybe this is something Falcon has more use for, with his higher ground speed. Jaz?

i um dont know why you'd short hop waveland as opposed to just running either way and maybe if you wanna change directions wavedashing instead of shorthopping then you can react either way, i dunno i dont think i really understand properly.

xeno

Smash Ace
Ok what I mean is:
You hit them far away
You start running at them
They are about to tech. You don't know which way they'll tech.
You jump, so that you are in the air when they tech
so you can waveland in reaction them instead of guessing..
This is assuming that you get *more* horizotnal distance by horizontally jumping which I believe you do..

this makes sense right?

S.D

Smash Master
Sounds like an interesting idea. It would be worth testing to see how effective it is, but I think wavedashing on reaction would be equally as useful. The issue would be if they don't tech at all and use a recovery attack you've lost the option of CCing it as you're in the air. Still, it sounds like a change up tactic worth trying out at least.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats nothing compared to kirbys suicide throw that meteor can somehow get out of
do you earnestly believe that you can get a meteor on the meteor master, how concieted!

oh that was an awesome match, ricky is too good.

xeno

Smash Ace
re: fox running and sh-wavelanding:
I think this would be practical if the teching point is going to be too far to reach by running alone, so you jump for the extra momentum so you're falling right onto the techingpoint just *after* they tech, letting you waveland. If they tech away, there's a small distance set that you coudln't reach by running alone but could reach by running > sh > waveland > run. (still assuming you move farther horizontally when you jump which I need to test..) Result? Slightly practical, if you've got mad spacing eyes.

Top Bottom