• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
This was one of my favourite tourneys even though I wasn't on my game. Hope another one happens in june. And we can find another venue since UTS is busy the next 2 months.

No, I can think of one othert
Actually make that two. I can think of another person, but I can't remember his name. If I recall correctly he was someone's friend, but I don't remember whose friend it was.

Sorry about forgetting you Gords :( I knew I'd forget someone, it always happens >.>

Thanks for teaming up with me though, it may have been a bit of a weak start but we picked things up afterwards, and it looks like our planning worked out pretty well. We didn't really get to verse each other much though in friendlies, so we definitely must get some more in next time as when we tried to at the tourney something came up. Anyway it was definitely great teaming up with you and fun teaming up with you as well. :D

unreon

Smash Ace
Bjay always does the bestest shoutouts ever <3

Nice seeing Keru there, always good to see a new guy on the scene! Hope you get in on the scene more in the future :D

Nice seeing old vets like Funky and Sanc and Keeno there too! ZOMG SO GREAT SEEING YOU GUYS AGAIN <3333

'Grats on SAM again for the win; sheesh he's been tearing up Sydney in no time at all D:

UPLOAD THOSE VIDEOS OMGOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Very pleased to see Melee back in Sydney. Give the next one more planning time and more hype and it'll be heaps better!

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
yeah some vids would be sweet

btw did turtle delete those couple of matches we had?

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Fun tourney was fun. Not going to do a mass of shoutouts... I can never remember everyone, but it was good seeing all the old school guys there, like back in the day, and some new faces too!

Grats to SD for the win, your IC's are evil, we needs to play more.
A huge thanks to Jaz for planning and stressing this tourney out, twas a fun tourney, hopefully more can be planned.

Yay for Meleez!

S.D

Smash Master
I still have some of Tom's matches on Camera :)

My internet is sorta ****ed atm, I'm writing this at uni so no vids until it starts working properly again, sorry guys!

S.D

Smash Master
Teams finals are going up regardless Tom, even though Simon nearly took off our last 4 stock by himself XD

The only other vids I have of you are ****** some Falco in swiss. Not SS but they're not bad matches.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Teams finals are going up regardless Tom, even though Simon nearly took off our last 4 stock by himself XD

The only other vids I have of you are ****** some Falco in swiss. Not SS but they're not bad matches.
dont post pl0x.

on a better note i just stomped dereks **** at wc3 making me rts king of the ****ing world, the apprentice has become the master.

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
videos soon?
i wanna see how much igif ***** turtle
I would be better to see my one friendly with pat that i think made my day, i know it shouldnt matter but the end of that match was so intense ahaha i think i gained some e-spect from the match to lol

S.D

Smash Master
I thought it was time for some results to go up. So with my limited knowledge of placings on the day...

Comrades of Xeno

Singles

1. S.D
2. Kulla
3. Jaz
4. Pat
5. Turtle
5. Bjay
7. Unreon
7. Lampi

Doubles

1. Cabin Boys (Pat + Simon)
2. Revenge of the **** (S.D + Turtle)
3. Jaz + Unreon
then the rest...

Videos
(More to come soon)

Grand Finals

S.D vs Kulla 1

S.D vs Kulla 2

Losers Finals

Kulla vs Jaz 1

Kulla vs Jaz 2

Losers Bracket

Unreon vs Pat 1
Unreon vs Pat 2
Unreon vs Pat 3

Will get teams finals and a few other random vids up as soon as my cpu stops ****ing up.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
hey keru come gni me and igif are being nerds playin some cs and dota and cod4 (lol****game)

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yeah Brawl+?

Is it potentially tournament viable? Can we go back to doing moves like Zamus' utilt to uair to uair to up b to dsmash to up b to dsmash to dsmash to side b death combos without tripping or lack of hitstun in brawl+?

Zero

Smash Hero
Yeah Brawl+?

Is it potentially tournament viable? Can we go back to doing moves like Zamus' utilt to uair to uair to up b to dsmash to up b to dsmash to dsmash to side b death combos without tripping or lack of hitstun in brawl+?
You can do that in normal Brawl :D

DI stops it pretty well though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Brawl+:

Shaya: SHOW ME YOUR TIPPARS
tcranter: SHOW ME YOUR NIPPLARS.
S.D: SHOW ME YOUR ****ING FLUBBED KNEE TO SWEETSPOTTED KNEE COMBOS I WANT TO SEE EM AGAIN****IT
CAO: OMG AS FAST AS MELEE! SHAYA IM COMING UP TO SYDNEY TO PRACTICE WITH YOU SOONZ!
tedeth: "Brawl+ is ****ing gay"

Marth dittos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PjJ9Rwk9iY#watch-vid-title
Marth vs "Falco+" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pq8a-J_hZM&feature=related (Falco's changed a lot from brawl and melee)
Diddy Kong vs Fox (epic death combos; tournament match!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2NcCJcxPVk

Crouch cancelling (from dashes, not moves), aerial momentum 'boosts' (melee-esque), auto L'cancelling (you'll learn to get over it), no auto sweetspots, faster moves in general, higher gravity, hit stun + Brawl features like tripping moves [not random tripping] and foot stool stuffs :D and of course the various brawl ATs being used and amazing new and exciting ways; wavebouncing is literally "OH DEAR LORD" with some characters. There's so much potential...

Brawl+ is Australias (and the worlds) new way of having both melee lovers and brawl lovers coming together to play a game which is definitely enjoyable for both parties involved.

For brawl players the transition into it's "melee-esque" style is fast and natural (much more than brawl to melee)
And for melee players it's just as easy (and from what i've seen) natural to get into the swing of it.
Going from playing brawl to the next moment brawl+ is relatively easy, I find no issues with confusing the two games timings and mechanics... I can't explain why it's soooo good.

I enjoy Brawl+ more than Smash 64. And for the people who know my love for Smash 64, this is a pretty big statement (imo).

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
Brawl+ is Australias (and the worlds) new way of having both melee lovers and brawl lovers coming together to play a game which is definitely enjoyable for both parties involved.
But there is no Roy =(

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
Make his counter as strong as jigglypuff's rest. Make his down tilt send you up. Give his moves fire. Make him heavier, and give him an awesome red alt-costume. Then your good to go =P

I LAG

Smash Lord
I want to get Brawl+ so i can play on the wifi waiting room. it will be my unbeatable home stage and i will have my lag powers even when playing offline. but i dont know how to downgrade my firmware

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
can ssomeone tell me exactly what is different about brawl + from brawl? is it just weight and hitstun?

btw it does look pretty cool

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Come over Pat in like a week and a half for epicly fun times.

For a 'real' complete list:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235426

But main things are:
- No random tripping
- No move decay
- no triple jump glitch
- no fast fall on c stick
- Hit Stun (by changing the ability to air dodge/attack out of 'hit stun') + increased amount
- decreased hit lag
- shield stun changes
- fast falling in hitstun? (I think)
- Tech window changes (You can tech a lot of things... everywhere)
- Auto L cancelling
- Lagless Ledges
- No auto sweet spot
- Invincibility on the ledge decreased (by quite a bit, I believe to stop planking)
- Changing of stages to be more competitive
- You can change the amount of buffering each player has
- Dash Dancing
- Dashing Jump momentum (Melee style)
- Roll speed changes
- Shield changes (perfect shield window is less now)
- changes in jumps, fast falls, gravity, friction
- PT has infinite stamina, isn't forced to switch out.

I LAG

Smash Lord
Brawl plus is **** they nerfed all but 1 of mks moves :(
they nerfed his d-smash and his up-b
and now they nerfed his d-tilt so its harder for him to d-tilt to grab :(

now all he has left is the nado so i am forced to spam it when i play brawl+

Top Bottom