• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Regional Ratings - Last Updates: MK-Legal: Oct 1st | MK-Banned: Nov 15th

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ally: you can't be removed. That is unless you want to stop attending tournaments cause thats all this is-your tournament performance.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I don't think this is entirely accurate. This is essentially a ranking based system with a few augmentations. The work is well done, but here are a few thing that I find suspicious:

**Wins and losses are not dependent on player strength.
Quoted from swordgard "Because of this, there is no region bias in terms of which is "better or worst". Getting 2nd in a 15$ singles tourney with 150 people is worth the same in Ohio as in NJ."

This should not be true. The players in Ohio and New Jersey are inherently going to have different average skill levels with a two distinct distributions. One region could have solid players all through their bracket, the other region could be filled with 70% randoms. In either case, a person of skill level X will always place higher in the tournaments which have more randoms. (X being somewhere below the best in the region, but above the worst in the region)

**Money should not matter
The magnitude of a tournament can be measured other ways, and money should not be one of them, in my opinion. Like the example above shows: for a tournament with players of a lower average skill level, it'll be easier to make money and in this system, more points as well.

**You are not punished for losing to someone you shouldn't have lost to
If I were to go to a national and beat M2K (somehow... yeah, the end of the world probably comes first) and he takes 2nd, then a number of things happen: I get an incredibly good score, and if M2K has attended more than 6 recorded events, that loss (2nd place) is completely erased all together.

Cutting out tournaments because players attended more than 6 doesn't makes sense. That's more player interaction data that is being disregarded. However, with the system the way it is, it makes sense. Player score would run wild if people never had points subtracted from their score.

====

Here's the shameless plug portion of the post. I've been working on a project for 3/4 a year now and it's getting to it's beta test phase. Once the final player-player interaction equations are settled, it would be great to get a list of tournaments and TIO files from you guys and give it a go.

All the information about this system (The TGL Ranking System) can be found in another SWF thread here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9691397#post9691397

====

Best Regards,

Tuen

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Ally: you can't be removed. That is unless you want to stop attending tournaments cause thats all this is-your tournament performance.
nah this thing isnt good.

No matter how many tournaments I attendm some TOS wont post bracket image and stuff which means I don't get more points while others does. I don't like this unaccurated thing and yes you can remove me, you don't see every players in this list, so take me off and + 1 spot for the next.

Vegard

Smash Lord
i wont bother to read the entire description for these rankings, so.... could someone real quick summarize how ADHD could be ranked #1?

AllyKnight

i wont bother to read the entire description for these rankings, so.... could someone real quick summarize how ADHD could be ranked #1?
That I dont get either, before today, I was 1st and had like 200-400 points difference from ADHD

I won MAS tournament on the 20 IL Chicago with 66 entrants, won VGBOOTCAMP on Sunday 21 feb in IN, with 40 entrants. and next week I won VC7 with 115 entrants, SOMEHOW he still surpasses me? seriously lol this thing is horrible, take me off please ANYWAY possible.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
What's funny is how none of the Canadian players are ranked when we have played more tournaments than most people in there, gathering data is something that simply can't be done constantly, This "Overall ranking" is extremely flawed and should be scrapped all together and handled better.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Or we just keep adding tournaments to it. And get TO's to post brackets. A lot of the problems is that TO's are lazy and just post results (and some don't even post full results) so those tournaments don't work.

Also, this is a ranking for the entire community. Not just the top 5-10 or 25 players.

Frankly I think in just 2 months it has already shaped up very well.

Rajam

Smash Champion
OP updated with Viridian 7's points corrected.

After some thoughts, the Ranking will be considering tournaments from the last 6 moths instead of 4. Nonetheless, I won't be re-adding tournaments from September and October 2009, I'll just won't erase November 2009's tournaments until May 2010. The number of tournaments which will sum will still be 6 by now, and it will gradually increase with time (maybe to the best 8 tournaments within the last 6 months; still have to think the number).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't add the second tournament, since the pool results are missing ._. ... Everything else you and the rest of the people posted have been ranked.

nah this thing isnt good.

No matter how many tournaments I attendm some TOS wont post bracket image and stuff which means I don't get more points while others does. I don't like this unaccurated thing and yes you can remove me, you don't see every players in this list, so take me off and + 1 spot for the next.
That I dont get either, before today, I was 1st and had like 200-400 points difference from ADHD

I won MAS tournament on the 20 IL Chicago with 66 entrants, won VGBOOTCAMP on Sunday 21 feb in IN, with 40 entrants. and next week I won VC7 with 115 entrants, SOMEHOW he still surpasses me? seriously lol this thing is horrible, take me off please ANYWAY possible.
Just want to ask you to hold your decision a little longer. I understand the upset with ADHD being ranked higher since you most of the time place better than him, but also it's worth saying ADHD won the biggest tournament already ranked, Pound 4, Where he got like 1600+ points, and you got 1200+ points.

Also, I've been ranking every tournament in sight possible, from here and from AiB, and that's why some players have gotten a bunch of points lately, like ADHD; however, a lot of tournaments are to be ranked yet, so some important changes should happen in this time too; I'm hoping to rank every tournament with full data from Nov 2009 to actual date in the next couple of weeks.

About your winnings, VC7 and VGBootcamp have already been added, though VC6 got deleted the past week ._. (it was from October 24, older than 4 months) and as you said, sadly I haven't been able to rank some important events due to the TOs not posting brackets (and pools), like MAS. One of the main goals of this project, besides ranking players, is to motivate TOs to post full results with TIO File, etc... and recognize every player in their tournament besides the ones who place at the top, and I think that this have been achieved with some degree of success (more TOs have been responding when I ask them for the brackets or any missing info). The goal is that every tournament, specially major tournaments, have full data, that is, full results with payouts, detailed pools and bracket image or file in AiB, and every player listed and not only top 8 or something like that. Again, I understand is upsetting when you play (and win) a big event and it's not being ranked due to TO 'lazyness', but I hope it doesn't happen again in the near future.

What's funny is how none of the Canadian players are ranked when we have played more tournaments than most people in there, gathering data is something that simply can't be done constantly, This "Overall ranking" is extremely flawed and should be scrapped all together and handled better.
There is a place in Canada which post results here with all the data required; I think is Edmonton (players like SuPeRbOoM, Kill0ck, Alphicans and others are already ranked). About the sentence in bold, I don't think is that hard to actually gather and post the data required (TIO File+payouts, plus characters for Ankoku). I do think is possible to have every tournament results' topic with bracket+pools+payouts (or entry fee) and we're aiming and asking TOs and the people who post results to put results more detailed.

------------

The ranking has a little more than 1 month running. Although the overall accuracy has increased since its debut, there are still some issues like Ally's, and others. The project is still in a data-collecting phase; there are a lot of past tournaments to be added yet. Once that's done (maybe in 3 weeks or something like that), We'll proceed to improve the point system. Now it is only based in the basic idea of tournament results, but we want to add later some more ideas like, more points than normal if you beat a good player in any phase. In order to do that though, we need to know who are those good players, based on tournament results. We encourage TOs and players who put results to do the neccesary efforts and put the required data (bracket, pools, payouts, and characters for Ankoku). Thanks in advance :)

AllyKnight

I don't care if ADHD if ranked first lol he has the potential, but even with his P4 win, I was in the lead. then somehow... lost the lead even though I won 3-4 tournies in a row. and yes since TO's dont post, this wont be accurated ever =l. that's like saying make everyone attend every tourny of their region (impossible)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Umm...it is NOT that hard to get TO's to post brackets/pools. You shouldn't be upset with Rajam for excluding those results, go yell at the TO's whose tournaments you attended but who felt it was not necessary to do, essentially, their job.

If you don't think this is possible then great. You don't have to contribute or care about it. You don't have to help this along at all. You don't need to get TO's to be more proactive. You can just sit idle.

Or, when you are at a tournament, you can make sure that when its finished, since you are there to the end, that the TO right then and there uploads the results to AiB (since 99% of tournaments have internet access of some kind). It only takes 5 minutes to do (actually it takes about 2 minutes but I'll pretend some people are really slow). You are in a position to help. Or you can do nothing. Or you can complain and simply impede progress for no reason. It is your choice. It's everyone's choice, really. Just this weekend I uploaded a bracket for Nope from a tournament on January 30th that he had neglected to upload. All it took was getting on his computer, finding the file, logging into AiB, and then uploading the tournament. Viola, done. One more in the bag. Do you really only care about how this makes you look? This is primarily for the 1,500 ranked below you. The people who essentially make it possible for you to win money every weekend. The people who way more often then they should have their names left out of results or some other stupid thing cause a TO only focuses on the people who won money or the TO only focuses on the people who made it out of brackets, forgetting that there were many people who didn't make it out of pools but still want to see how they did.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I went down even though I just split for first with Shadow this weekend. Awesome. Ally you're right :p

AllyKnight

Umm...it is NOT that hard to get TO's to post brackets/pools. You shouldn't be upset with Rajam for excluding those results, go yell at the TO's whose tournaments you attended but who felt it was not necessary to do, essentially, their job.

If you don't think this is possible then great. You don't have to contribute or care about it. You don't have to help this along at all. You don't need to get TO's to be more proactive. You can just sit idle.

Or, when you are at a tournament, you can make sure that when its finished, since you are there to the end, that the TO right then and there uploads the results to AiB (since 99% of tournaments have internet access of some kind). It only takes 5 minutes to do (actually it takes about 2 minutes but I'll pretend some people are really slow). You are in a position to help. Or you can do nothing. Or you can complain and simply impede progress for no reason. It is your choice. It's everyone's choice, really. Just this weekend I uploaded a bracket for Nope from a tournament on January 30th that he had neglected to upload. All it took was getting on his computer, finding the file, logging into AiB, and then uploading the tournament. Viola, done. One more in the bag. Do you really only care about how this makes you look? This is primarily for the 1,500 ranked below you. The people who essentially make it possible for you to win money every weekend. The people who way more often then they should have their names left out of results or some other stupid thing cause a TO only focuses on the people who won money or the TO only focuses on the people who made it out of brackets, forgetting that there were many people who didn't make it out of pools but still want to see how they did.
Who said I was yelling at anybody? I'm complaining about the ranking system lol. And TAKE ME OFF. or rename me as Lolthisshiz. please.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Who said I was yelling at anybody? I'm complaining about the ranking system lol. And TAKE ME OFF. or rename me as Lolthisshiz. please.
"Lolth is shiz"? She'll probably eat you for that, or something. Maybe turn you into a spider. Yes, I know it's supposed to be "lol this shiz"

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I think there just trying to say that its basically flawed because not all the results are gonna be taken into account therefore the end results of the rankings aren't gonna b correct

Rajam

Smash Champion
just use the results thread. and what plaacings get you points?
The only way to get 0 points is to be in the last place with no victories, so basically if you won a match in any phase, you get points. And as ChiboSempai said, the bracket is needed, not only final placements

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
ROFL at me not setting foot a tourney for 2 whole months and still ranked above people with good stuff/more activty.

/joke rankings.

Rajam

Smash Champion
So how can we know which tournaments have been uploaded for me? So I can MAYBE find those brackets.
http://cid-bd6360df5b5258b0.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Brawl Ranking ^5Mar 8th xlsx^6.xlsx

Here there is an excel file with all the ranking and stuff. It has two tabs, "Ranking" and "Tournaments". First, go to the "Ranking" tab, and search your name. Then, check your row to see where did you play and how many points you got in that event:

Then go to the "Tournaments" tab and check the tournament name by matching the tournament number. You can also click on the tournament name here to go to the respective tournament results' thread. The same can be done by clicking on the AiB link.

Here is a list of all the events ranked so far:

1 Brawl:*Powerplay Gaming Tournament 12/13/09!
2 Brawl:*Step yo game up Cleveland 8
3 Brawl:*Step Yo Game up Cleveland 9
4 Brawl:*SBHMXVI 12/27/2009 Hawaiian Brians Honolulu
5 Brawl:*clowsui and Doctor X present Conservative Christmas Concoction! RESULTS!
6 Brawl & Melee:*[LoLiS] Legacy of Legends in Smash V - Ann Arbor, MI - Circuit Championship
7 Brawl:*Battle Royale II Apocalypse Results Thread
8 Brawl: Wings and Brew V: Sweet Smokn' BBQ Results (Dec 12) - FULL RESULTS POSTED!
9 Brawl: KTAR Results Thread
10 Brawl: The Ohio Circuit Championship: Delta Upsilon I (Dec 5) - FULL RESULTS POSTED!
11 Brawl: Holy House of Smash II 12/5/09 RESULTS
12 Brawl: Nashua Smash results and shoutouts
13 Doom presents: A gdlk tournament - results 12/5/09
14 Brawl: Kuntasm (Midwest Circuit) Results! 11/29/09
15 Brawl: OC#9: Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "Lain's Lallapalooza" (Nov. 7th)
16 Brawl: Power Play (Northern NJ Singles and Doubles) Results Thead
17 Brawl & Melee: [LoLiS] Legacy of Legends in Smash IV - Ann Arbor, MI
18 Brawl: U.M.A.D. - I Don't Need To Recover! - Results
19 World 2-2
20 VegasSmash Weekly SSBB,SSBB+,SSBM Tourneys@GW#24
21 P for Christmas
22 Brawl: Mythic Vol. 3 Results
23 Brawl: Bum Presents : The Gamers Tournament - Results
24 SC: ~Get Bent~
25 Klap Trap Country Melee and Brawl II
26 Brawl at Primetime Sportscards!
27 Brawl: Fusion 0.5 Results! South Jersey ~ 2/20/10
28 Brawl: PolyBrawl 11.28 RESULTS
29 Brawl: Wiegraf Too Good, Ft. Lee NJ, 1-2-10
30 VegasSmash Weekly SSBB,SSBB+,SSBM Tourneys@GW#26
31 Onto The New Day…
32 VegasSmash Weekly SSBB & SSBB+ Tourneys@GW#25
33 Brawl: Japan Rock Paper Scissors :: Edmonton, AB :: Feb. 20, 2010 (JAPAN!)
34 Brawl & Melee: That Ain't Falco! 2/20/10
35 Brawl: DNA Gaming USA #3 - Results
36 Brawl:*Wallstreet Presents: Crewfest! First Tourney of the Year!! - Happy New Year! XD
37 Brawl:**POUND* 4 Brawl Results (Full results and brackets in OP)
38 Oxnard Smash Presents: A Brawl/Melee Tournament
39 Brawl: HOBO 20: SAMBONER IS A ****ING BEAST! Full results are up !! Vids on front page!!!!!!
40 Brawl: HOBO 21: DOJO vs ADHD(FULL RESULTS ON FRONT PAGE)
41 Final Smash 8 Results *Vids added first post*
42 Brawl: Hot Kaarl's Super Happy Action Fun Time - Results
43 Brawl: Darklink Presents "Kamikaze Short Notice Tournament V2" Tempe, Arizona Results
44 Brawl: Paradigm Presents: WAIT, AGAIN?! 1/9 Results
45 Brawl: FIU Brawl Tourney. Miami, Florida.
46 Brawl: Delta Upsilon II: The Ohio Circuit Opener (1/23/10)
47 Brawl & Melee: Michigan Ball Z Results
48 Brawl:*Rock Paper Scissors :: Edmonton, AB :: Jan. 30, 2010
49 Brawl & Melee:*Syracuse Smash 2 Result Thread
50 Colorado Cutthroat: Fighter Frenzy 2010 Results
51 Game Table 1/09 results
52 Brawl:*Bloomington Holy House of Smash III: Results
53 Brawl:*BLIZZARD! Results ~ Feb 7th 2010, Philadelphia, PA
54 Brawl:*Steakfest!! 2 Results - 1/24/10
55 Slimfest 4 Results! Duryea, PA 1/30/10
56 Brawl:*HOBO 22: World Hobo practice session #1(FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
57 Brawl & Melee:*Super Smash Bowl Results (2/6/2010)
58 Brawl & Melee:*Phase 5 - Jan 30th - Dallas TX - Brawl 1st = Dojo / Melee 1st = Darkrain
59 Brawl:*MSC4: Legacy of Legends in Smash EXtended
60 Gauntlet results
61 Brawl & Melee:*Test Your Might VIII! Cleveland, OH Feb. 12, 2010
62 Brawl:*VaMP's ThingamaCount; February 13th; Indianapolis, IN
63 Brawl:*GPX and Tantalus Present: Katsucon 16 Brawl Singles
64 Brawl & Melee:*Tourneyplay 4 Brawl/Melee results!
65 Brawl & Melee: 1/2/10 Most Angriest Shinobi (M.A.S.) - Connect 4 Ultra Hype Edition! - Results!
66 TAG Monthly XXVI
67 VegasSmash Weekly SSBB,SSBB+,SSBM Tourneys@GW#27
68 GameClucks Monthly - Jan 9th 2010
69 Brawl & Melee: LOUISIANA SMASH: February Fight Fest ~ February 26th-28th @ Lafayette, Louisiana
70 VegasSmash Weekly Brawl Tourneys @ Gameworld! #19 - Singles
71 GameClucks Monthly
72 Brawl & Melee: CGC @ SFSU 13 Feat - SilentSpectre, DSF, HMW, Erow, Lunin, Shroomed & More!!
73 VegasSmash Weekly Brawl Tourneys @ Gameworld! #20
74 Brawl: Crank That Kosha Boy! Featuring DugFinn and Xyro! FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
75 Brawl: Icy's Monthly #5 Results
76 John's Happy Tourney #2
77 UCB1: Good luck finding parking
78 VegasSmash Weekly Brawl Tourneys @ Gameworld! #21
79 Brawl: Daisho's Tournament 11/21/09
80 Brawl & Melee: Darklink presents "The Elite Four" Tempe, AZ RESULTS
81 Brawl: DNA Gaming USA - 11/21/09 - Results
82 Furb Fest
83 NCSU Smash Stacks 3
84 VegasSmash Weekly SSBB, SSBB+, SSBM Tourneys@GW#22
85 Geeks [No.4]
86 Brawl: batl 4 results
87 Churro presents: G.I. Joe- SSBM/SSBB 1v1, 2v2
88 Ministry of Smash Presents: Brawl & Melee #5
89 TAG Monthly XXV
90 VGC Brawl/Melee II
91 Waba Games Brawl & Melee
92 Brawl & Melee: (Mostly Brawl lol) Waukesha Smash Bros Tourney II (WSBT2) RESULTS
93 VegasSmash Weekly SSBB,SSBB+,SSBM Tourneys@GW#23
94 GameClucks Monthly
95 CGC @ SFSU XIV
96 John's Happy (Holidays) Tourney #3
97 Brawl: RESULTS 12/19 - Smashin' Through The Snow (Lawrence, IN) - Midwest Smash Circuit
98 Brawl & Melee: Phase 6 - Feb 20 - Dallas TX - Brawl 1st = Dojo & Razer / Melee 1st = Darkrain
99 R3: Revival, Redemption, ****. ($1000 Gntd pot.)
100 Brawl: Delta Upsilon III Results - Feb 20th
101 SC: ~U MAD?!
102 Brawl: Smash in Chelmsford Land II!: The Road to Pound - Results
103 World 2-3
104 Y.C. Monthly: The Return
105 VegasSmash Weekly SSBB,SSBB+,SSBM Tourneys@GW#28
106 VegasSmash Weekly SSBB,SSBB+,SSBM Tourneys@GW#29
107 Brawl: Mizuumi-con San Antonio, TX Reults
108 Brawl: SBHMXVII 1/31/2010~Hawaiian Brians Honolulu
109 Brawl: SBHMXVIII 2/21/2010~Hawaiian Brians Honolulu
110 Brawl & Melee: UT Austin Smash Club 2/27/10 Meeting Results
111 The BR Act: Program 1
112 Brawl: Viridian City #7 Results
113 SCSA West Coast Circuit - Tournament #5
114 World 2-4 Southern California
115 TCS 7 Results/Shoutouts
116 Brawl: Spruce Grove Zone - Act 1 Results
117 U of M 2/27 Results
118 W.L.I.A.G? Results 2/27/10 albany,ga
119 Brawl & Melee: VGBootCamp Indianapolis 2/20-21/2010, IN
120 Brawl: Epic of Woodbridge 5 - MD/VA March 6, 2010
121 Brawl: St. Phillips Brawl, San Antonio, TX 3/6/10
122 Brawl: Brawl: OC #6: Springfield, OH - Nope's Monthly "Makin' Dat Money Like M2k" Mar. 6th
123 Brawl: Harrisburg Mall Feb 20, HBCPGA.COM
124 Brawl: DNA Gaming USA #2 - Results

AllyKnight

it's lil confusing and it doesnt really makes lots of sense, considering how many 1st place I have and how many ADHD has, I dont see how it's THAT close.

ANd yeah most tourneys I went aren't listed . lamesauce

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't. sometimes i have this habit of helping for more accuracy but I don't care too much. and IT IS the LIST OMG
If it makes you feel any better it shows I've only attended 4 events and haven't placed top 3 in any of them. Meaning he's somehow managed to miss like every MW tournament. XD

It is a silly list that is determined mostly by what tournaments he picks up. If he finds a way to automate it it'll be pretty awesome though.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Do you guys realize this project is in its infancy, and that as time goes on the percentage of tournaments he picks up will increase? You expect him to have 100% of every tournament that occurred in the last 4 months already? Especially when a lot of TO's don't even have their bracket or pool results?

Also, OS, there is nothing stopping you from contributing the tournaments you attended that are not cataloged. This is just like Ankoku's list, which you are now using quite frequently as a source. When Ankoku first started, things weren't very accurate. Then people starting noticing and posting their tournament in his topic. Even a year after Ankoku's list was started I was able to find 20+ tournaments in a 2 month period that weren't cataloged on his list but were reported to Smashboards (maybe 1/4th just to AiB).

Why don't you post the link to the tournaments that aren't included for you and also the links for the brackets, instead of just complaining that he hasn't used them. Because if you post them here, he WILL USE THEM.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also, OS, there is nothing stopping you from contributing the tournaments you attended that are not cataloged. This is just like Ankoku's list, which you are now using quite frequently as a source. When Ankoku first started, things weren't very accurate. Then people starting noticing and posting their tournament in his topic. Even a year after Ankoku's list was started I was able to find 20+ tournaments in a 2 month period that weren't cataloged on his list but were reported to Smashboards (maybe 1/4th just to AiB).

Why don't you post the link to the tournaments that aren't included for you and also the links for the brackets, instead of just complaining that he hasn't used them. Because if you post them here, he WILL USE THEM.
+

you said:
a lot of TO's don't even have their bracket or pool results
=

:(

Making it impossible for a lot of tournament to be used. Realistically speaking, this needs to be automated in some way or at least have a page where people can upload .tio files for him.

Ankoku also collects a lot of the data himself for his project and it isn't in its infancy; when it gets better I'll be happy to applaud this, but for now the rankings are pretty worthless.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
More then half the tournaments that have occurred in the last 4 months have been cataloged. I wonder if crow could come in and let us know the statistics on how accurate this would be, because a pool of already 100+ tournaments and almost 2,000 players can't be THAT far off what would occur with 100% of data (or 80-85% which is about what Ankoku has for a typical month). Also with the recent update I think hes at ~60% of the total tournaments.

Easy example here is for election results. They can accurately predict the outcome of an election in a state even if only 1/2-1/3 of the total votes have been tallied. They can't have 100% accuracy of course (Florida in the 2000 election), but its pretty close and definitely within the statistical range of relevancy (in other words, its accurate enough that it is reported and used as a gauge).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Except your argument falls apart when I realize "Oh hey, he only has 4 tournaments that I entered" and I attend one almost every week.

Getting 60% of tournaments is great and all, except if 40% of those tournaments have different people, the rankings are screwed up. He needs a pretty high amount of tournaments for it to be worthwhile; at the moment this is, for all intents and purposes, worthless. Any person on this list could go up or down 50 spots with little more than a hiccup.

The purpose of this is to accurately rank people. Not give guesstimations based off of a few select tournaments. That's hwat people did before. They'd say "well Ally won this and that" and "ADHD did this", and then they'd guess as to who was better. This was supposed to be moving away from that, but without more data over a long period of time he's not going to be getting any rankings that make sense.

Top Bottom