• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
If you are using your mushroom to go through the opening towards the end of the course, you will get a slower time than if you use it on the U-Turn to go through the dirt. If that doesn't make sense, try watching the WR person or Nami's replay, it helped me out some :p
Yeah, I used it on that U-turn. Still not doing as good as I'd like.
I'll maybe try again later and watch that WR person or Nami's replay.

We'll see what I have time for.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah I read the rules but apparently I'm not in the mood to take part in this competition. Lost my motivation to TTs... Maybe I'll do some other track =p

@ brickbox: pure rape3 was good but I find WiFi Nonsene better, have you seen it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T12t5D6zqQ
I like how yoshi is actually used in this video, I'm not alone <3

Shök

Smash Champion
There's a lot of characters used in the MKW community, Zgashi. x)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My statement still stands. No one in their right mind uses Yoshi (once they figure out he's balls).

Except me, cuz Im ********.

Shök

Smash Champion
Like I said, I know a lot of people who use characters like Yoshi, Boo, Birdo, etc, who do well. I could use Yoshi in a WW and still perform well. It's not all about speed in a WW.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Birdo isnt bad though, just mid tierish. And Boo is... meh... not that great...

Yoshi is garbage though.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But you're godly, so you dont count.

When I go Yoshi and consistantly take 6-9 against people in this thread, and then when I switch to Daisy only place 3rd and 4th between the 4 matches I played, you know yoshi is balls.

Shök

Smash Champion
I still don't agree with you but okay. Speed doesn't determine everything. x)

Shök

Smash Champion
Nope, nope. I'll join a WW with you with you with the worse character stat-wise. Normal item-usage and decent lines with any character will guarantee you a decent spot in a race.

Take this from someone who has more experience in this game than you. How is there a speed factor in a room full of Funkys? Have you been in a room full of Funkys? How could a Funky break away if all the Funkies have the same max speed? Simple. Item-usage and lines. Simple as that.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yes, item usage is important, but EVERY CHARACTER HAS EQUAL ACCES TO THOSE, SO THEREFORE AREN'T CONSIDERED TOWARDS HOW GOOD A CHARACTER IS.

Sure, that means MKW is far more balanced then Brawl or Melee for example, but from a stand point of how good characters are, you cant base that on item usage for multiple reasons.

1. As I said, every character has access to the same items and uses them in exactly the same way, therefore meaning that every single character has perfectly equal potential.
2. Items are also based on luck, you have to actually get items that are chosen at random that are helpful towards your cause, and if you get a less helpful/harder to use item, then sucks for you. It's not like an MT which is a guaranteed boost.

Now I understand that you're saying from a PLAYER'S PERSPECTIVE, that item skills and lines are more important, but if you were to put two people of equal skill in every category, one playing Funky and another as Yoshi, who would most likely win? Obviously the Funky Kong would have the advantage. What you're saying is completely player dependent and has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the character, so if you're better at handling items, then of course you're probably going to win. Thing is THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CHARACTER.

What I'm saying is that people who are of your level realise that when it comes down to it, they are going to need the better character to keep up with others on that same skill level. Sure, they can make amazing snipes or complete all the little cuts and such correctly to still pull off wins, but in the end, they would still do better with a better character.

So yes, every character is viable, i never said that using Yoshi, as bad as he may be, is an auto loss, I still win races with him even though he sucks, but when it comes down to it, better character are more consistant REGARDLESS of your item and line skills.

Do you get what I mean?

Also, off topic, but I cant decide who I think is better stat bonus wise between Wario and Dry Bowser, what do you guys think?

Sariku

Smash Master
Also, off topic, but I cant decide who I think is better stat bonus wise between Wario and Dry Bowser, what do you guys think?
I'mma say Wario, just because the World Record on DS DP is set with him (kart time trials).

EDIT god ****ing damnit I hate how much I accidentally double post.

Thino

Smash Master
Yes, item usage is important, but EVERY CHARACTER HAS EQUAL ACCES TO THOSE, SO THEREFORE AREN'T CONSIDERED TOWARDS HOW GOOD A CHARACTER IS.

Sure, that means MKW is far more balanced then Brawl or Melee for example, but from a stand point of how good characters are, you cant base that on item usage for multiple reasons.

1. As I said, every character has access to the same items and uses them in exactly the same way, therefore meaning that every single character has perfectly equal potential.
2. Items are also based on luck, you have to actually get items that are chosen at random that are helpful towards your cause, and if you get a less helpful/harder to use item, then sucks for you. It's not like an MT which is a guaranteed boost.

Now I understand that you're saying from a PLAYER'S PERSPECTIVE, that item skills and lines are more important, but if you were to put two people of equal skill in every category, one playing Funky and another as Yoshi, who would most likely win? Obviously the Funky Kong would have the advantage. What you're saying is completely player dependent and has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the character, so if you're better at handling items, then of course you're probably going to win. Thing is THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CHARACTER.

What I'm saying is that people who are of your level realise that when it comes down to it, they are going to need the better character to keep up with others on that same skill level. Sure, they can make amazing snipes or complete all the little cuts and such correctly to still pull off wins, but in the end, they would still do better with a better character.

So yes, every character is viable, i never said that using Yoshi, as bad as he may be, is an auto loss, I still win races with him even though he sucks, but when it comes down to it, better character are more consistant REGARDLESS of your item and line skills.

Do you get what I mean?

number 2 is the reason why what you said works in an environment where theres only item skill and driving skill

in that case yes a funky kong flame runner would win consistently over a yoshi mach bike

but thats just never the case at all in this game, so you can accuse Yoshi from being garbage pretty much only in Time Trials but on Wifi it would be pretty much 50%-50% for both the Yoshi and the Funky , just because along with item skill and driving skill there is item luck

if you want to look at unbalance somewhere in MKW look at the vehicles. if you tell me the Daytripper is garbage yes I'd agree.

beating a Yoshi Mach Bike with a Funky Jetsetter , now THATS low tiering

and the Dry Bowser vs Wario id say Dry Bowser

the only conditions where Wario has the advantage is Kart and Delfino Square/Ghost Valley

Thino

Smash Master
yea its sad that the unbalance between the vehicle is that big , I'm a bullet biker but my favorite vehicle is mini beast ;.;

at least you can pick any character and be decent with them as long as u use the top 3 bikes

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I can't get past 1:22xxx D:
TT aren't very fun DX
And It kills with wiimote D:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I don't think I'm going to all my time and effort into this(I'm not going to win anyway :3) but I'm definenlty going to participate.......this thing will make me a lot better at this game :p

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
One of my friends picks Yoshi all the time on Wi-Fi, and he's decent.

Also, I love the Daytripper. :S
Would you be happening to talk about me? I do use Baby Luigi sometimes, but I think I'll use Yoshi much more often :p Anyways, is it too late to sign up? If it's not... I'd like to join. My friend code: 2879-0590-0179

Also, Sundays are usually my busy day(unless I don't have school on Monday), so would Saturday be possible? If not, I'll TRY for Sunday. On Sundays, I usually have to unload groceries, clean, flip my clothes and I think that's about it.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Haha, I have realized that I don't have much of a chance winning either :bee:. I like participating though because it will at least get me decent times on the courses.

Edit: Yay new person :awesome::088:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
:O

Yoshi!! Hey rude boy, what are you doing here? :p
lol, I wanted to try brawling against some people here... I only brawled with Kupo Rose so far and he's pretty good. I only won match against him :p. Anyways, I really like playing Mario Kart Wii only, even if I do get totally item ***** sometimes, so that's why I wanted to join. By the way, do I have to change my mii name to [SWF] *insert name here*?

Sariku

Smash Master
Would you be happening to talk about me? I do use Baby Luigi sometimes, but I think I'll use Yoshi much more often :p Anyways, is it too late to sign up? If it's not... I'd like to join. My friend code: 2879-0590-0179

Also, Sundays are usually my busy day(unless I don't have school on Monday), so would Saturday be possible? If not, I'll TRY for Sunday. On Sundays, I usually have to unload groceries, clean, flip my clothes and I think that's about it.
Yes, you can join. ^_^ It's not too late at all, but it has to be on a Sunday. I hope you can still make it. 6:30 PM EST!

Top Bottom