• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Yoshi

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Yoshis. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!

D

Deleted member

Sounds like fun actually, even tho wifi sucks.
I wonder who we should have that plays wifi...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Sounds like fun actually, even tho wifi sucks.
I wonder who we should have that plays wifi...
Well, we all know that Hades does. :DI play WiFi too, though I'm trying to cut back since I'm going to be having pretty regular weekly smash fests for a while, so I'm trying to break free from WiFi. I will play, however.

Do we even have any other Yoshis that like to play WiFi? @_@

Here's the list.

D Tier
Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

E Tier
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

F Tier
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Sharky

Smash Master
I think polt plays wifi? Question mark? I play wifi every now and then, as well, but I'm out of practice haha.

This'd be great if all the good people for each character actually agreed to play wifi.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Polt does play wifi... delta and I play wifi. There really aren't many yoshi mains on wifi though...

EDIT: meta's playing for jiggz...

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I do better with Falco, but I play Wifi with Yoshi alot. I think I can handle some stuff here and there, but I'm sure there are better Yoshis.

Edit: Let me know if you have no one else, don't care if I get in or not.

D

Deleted member

So far I think:
Me(unless anyone has objections, ima wifi it up)
Deltacod/Hades/airborne(only 2 of them i dont want all 3xD)
Polt
Hopefully green ace =D
Dyz maybe?
i think we have a good chance unelss we get wifi gayed, especailly with polt using his wifi skills, and me and green ace using our actual skills.

Jk polt <3

Depster

Smash Champion
Ima wifi Yoshi mostly, I don't get the chances to play offilne.

I know these are current wifi players for a fact:

Depster
Rel12
MX778
Dyz69
Hades

At one point, Shiri, Scat, Chaco, and Polt played wifi, I don't know if they still do though.

D

Deleted member

Uhh no to rel, and mx778.
Ive never played you, do you think you are better than hades?

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I've probably pissed off some people with my latest thread but I play Wi-fi a lot. I've already won 3 wi-fi tourneys and Hades and I are doubles partners in the doubles ladder on AllisBrawl. He can vouch for me that I play online a ton (at least 5 times a week).

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Yosh and depster are both legit wifi yoshis. Though all I've really seen of depster is me and him in yoshi dittos, and I'm pretty sure thats all he's seen of me... hes still a good yoshi.

Yosh and me did a double yoshi team last ladder. We actually did pretty well... aside from having trouble killing. He beats me in yoshi dittos all the time... though I felt better about it after I found out he took a couple games off bwett at genesis.

Anyway they are both good yoshis that should be considered. I also suggest that everybody that wants one of these spots go to the yoshi chat (http://xat.com/chat/room/58501333/) because thats probably where the final decision will be made at.

EDIT: my list would be (for anyone that cares lol)
Yosh
me
depster/delta
stocky
polt (if he ever responds saying he wants to...)

Oh and if ace wants to do it... I don't know... does he even have a decent yoshi on wifi?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I quit playing Wi-Fi a long time ago, at least with Yoshi. It's detrimental for me to even play online with him anymore. >_>

If I was going to enter something like this, it'd be with a less-important character like Zelda. Sorry, guys. :(

D

Deleted member

Uhh id go delta over depster(no offense hombre, deltas too good). And ace said maybe

O ok polt thats fine.
Hmm....

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Actually, the side-event of the tournament I'm going to tomorrow is a low-tier tourney. So, I absolutely sure I'm better off doing this kind of thing offline. =P

:069:

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Actually, the side-event of the tournament I'm going to tomorrow is a low-tier tourney. So, I absolutely sure I'm better off doing this kind of thing offline. =P

:069:
Good luck Polt. I wish I lived in not the middle of Arkansas and there were tournaments remotely close to me =P

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You guys are handling this quite well, I'm glad.

I was convinced after I read the OP that sh*t was going down.

Okay, just me telling you ladies to keep up the good work. Carry on. :D

hadesblade

Smash Lord
:yoshi: You guys are handling this quite well, I'm glad.

I was convinced after I read the OP that sh*t was going down.

Okay, just me telling you ladies to keep up the good work. Carry on. :D
O: shiris back!

EDIT: he already locked two topics O_o

Chaco

Never Logs In
I can play if you need me to. I'm better than some of the names listed (No offense), but you'll have to give me time to get back into Yoshi a bit.

Stocky, why the **** did you say any objections, your *** better play.

D

Deleted member

xD
Chaco you can play if you want, Im the self proclaimed wifi tester xD, so once i get my wii back we can play some to see where you would go.
Wifi ***** xD

Just so you guys know, we are going to win, so if you dont think you are gonna be able to place top 5, dont bother.
*growls*

As hades said, if you wanna be in this go to the chat

Chaco

Never Logs In
I forgot the chat link, lolol.

Sure thing Stocky. You'll have to let me knock some Yoshi rust off though.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: THE CHAT LINK IS ALSO IN THE YOSHI LINKS THREAD

AT LEAST I HOPE IT IS

OTHERWISE I WOULD LOOK REALLY SILLY

D

Deleted member

I've only faced Auroreon, and he's pretty good.

It would be good to know what level you guys are on.
Better than him xD
Jk auroreon :p
But he did only place 49th at Super Lion.
Which isnt that good.
Lol

If you wanna go to the chat then you can play some people

rel12

Smash Apprentice
Why not a Round Robin? I would like to particiapate in this, all the yoshi's you named, im bout even or even better, Burnt under estimates my skills. Ask Hades, Yoshi, or depster.

I'm willing to proove myself

bigman40

Smash Master
Lol, Wifi. Depends on when this is happening for me. I barely play wifi, but it's not long before I adjust to it (so long as I play on good connections, or I'll refuse to play).

....Zuzuzu....

Top Bottom