• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Mario

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Well Hippie, to respond to your points....

1. We've fought twice on the last ladder, I won both times. I'm pretty sure I saw Luigi more then Mario, which according to your AIB profile is your main? Doesn't that mean your best char is Luigi?

2. In terms of my connection I run a wired connection which plugs directly to the wii. Connection strength is 3 bars according to the wii. Also my PSN connection has a full strength connection on all games I played online: Madden, SF4, and BB. A wifi connection is the sum of both players connections...I can't help if the other player has a less then stellar connection.

3. Fireball spam? Honestly I don't recall going crazy with that. First match I won, you said I spam fsmash as my feedback. Second time I won you just left a general insult "Bad Mario no skill at all...." there was more but I forgot the rest.

I might be able to find that if i look hard enough on google. Really wish I recorded our set...

Also, aside from obvious blocking many aerials handle fireballs well. You can ever jab them away if timed right.

4. You ask why no one vouched for you. Can you elaborate on why we should aside from your claim you can beat us all...which I already disproved because I beat you both times you challenged me? Or that you trained Veggi? Are you going to say its wifi so it doesn't count? This tourney is wifi...like it or not that's how it is.

5. You say you are a wifi warrior but many times you talk about what a joke it is and how you don't take it seriously...not that any of us take it as serious as offline but still. You even say as much on your ladder profile. Something like its a joke i'm just here to annoy as many people as I can or something...

6. If you have tourney exp please let us know. If you have wifi tourney exp even better since this will be on wifi.

Basically all I got was I don't like you HG so I disagree with you being there cause I hate the fact you won against me when we played. Also, I should be there...cause I said so.
im so lazy to respond lololol esp arguing over a position for wifi with prolly little prizes is dumb imo but then again read my post again, im just being a real sore loser but oh well, im the only one that doesnt approve of you besides if majority votes for you and im only one, then yeayuhz?

and yes basically all i said was i dont really vouch you, because im being a real sore loser lololololol. maybe ill give a more indepth explaination later hella lazy

fyi my LADDER PROFILE, is a REAL joke. You need to re-read it in order to understand the joke. Also on the ladder, it means l don't take it seriously, l'm only there to piss people off. And just to really get to play people (srs bsns or not, up to you to believe aha) not like I'm fighting for top 50 mario or w/e there lol. But l can be serious if l want to.

why am i arguing for a wifi tourney position idk why loll

fyi part 2: me and veggi are personal wifi buddys he actually mains dk, but seconds mario VERY WELL (or could be the other way around i forgets) we always did mario dittos and he has gotten alot better in general overall. basically we know each other in neoseeker, i dont feel like going indepth neither since it pretty much is it.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Not to take sides, but I live in Florida and your connection with me is bad, hardgainer. I have better connections with people who live in California. Hippy I also have a much better connection with and he lives in New York. Not trying to sound like a jerk here, but the only ways around it are if one of us had something running that would bug our connection or if everyone I play with has good connections and both of ours are bad.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Ya'll have a youtube channel? I'd like to see some vids. For my personal, stealing idea leisure.:chuckle:

Veggie, Hippie, would be curious on seeing ya'll in action. & Smash G0d, I havent even heard of you before. But i've been under a rock lately so don't mind that. :demon:

Rather then debating on who'd be best for the job. Nominate the 4 or 5 people. Wether it be by AIB ladder performace, or if they BoTastic. :laugh: Run from there.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I can fight low tier very well. My only problem might be if i get stupid on a Ness and get spiked. I money matched a PT and a Lucas and I won both. Unfortunately, I lost that money to a Marth and DK. I blame Kirin for my money loss because he gave those two people a lot of Mario experience. Most of my losses were against high and top tier people and/or people with very good rankings.

There is a question though that comes to mind. Most low tiers I see are PT and lower, but I've seen some that are Bowser and lower and heard of some that are Sonic and lower. What characters are allowed in this?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I can fight low tier very well. My only problem might be if i get stupid on a Ness and get spiked. I money matched a PT and a Lucas and I won both. Unfortunately, I lost that money to a Marth and DK. I blame Kirin for my money loss because he gave those two people a lot of Mario experience. Most of my losses were against high and top tier people and/or people with very good rankings.

There is a question though that comes to mind. Most low tiers I see are PT and lower, but I've seen some that are Bowser and lower and heard of some that are Sonic and lower. What characters are allowed in this?
D Tier and everything under that. So Sonic isn't in this.

Matt07

Smash Master
It's too late to say this, but I seriously think we should've voted in private, and had one person tally them, in order to prevent arguments/disputes.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz

D: Bowser, Zelda, Pokémon Trainer, Ike
E: Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus
F: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf

:falcon:2Knee?

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hahaha^^ this tourney will be very fun i think^^
it's kinda like a war beetween the lowtier boards muhahaha

win this thing guys, i am counting on you all lol^^

Hardgainer08

Smash Apprentice
I'm fine with whatever option.

If you guys want me to fight for it, I will.

If you wanna vote fine too.

I am serious about repping Mario in this tourney. I know I'm not very active here but I know many Marios here. All I ask is for a shot.

I know I can contribute and contribute well. Feel free to test me.

HadesBlade has a great Yoshi, but I am confident I can win. Make no mistake I want to win this. Losing friendlies won't shake me.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'm fine with whatever option.

If you guys want me to fight for it, I will.

If you wanna vote fine too.

I am serious about repping Mario in this tourney. I know I'm not very active here but I know many Marios here. All I ask is for a shot.

I know I can contribute and contribute well. Feel free to test me.

HadesBlade has a great Yoshi, but I am confident I can win. Make no mistake I want to win this. Losing friendlies won't shake me.
I like your attitude and you deserve a shot. Most us all are all willing to rep Mario. That's why we all wanna do it. My only issue with the vote is that barely any Mario's here know how good I am. Hippie might be the only one that knows my skills cuz we were at a tourney yesterday and we did some friendly teams as the Mario brothers. I played Vato a few months ago but I've gotten better since then. I also have no vids because I don't have the equipment. That's why I don't think voting is fully fair for this. Someone who doesnt have videos might be good enough but none of you can tell due to the lack that you have no proof of his skill. I just think there should be a way that each of us can show our skills then we vote.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No matter who plays, we'll still have an all-star team.

Work it out amongst yourselves.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Ya'll have a youtube channel? I'd like to see some vids. For my personal, stealing idea leisure.:chuckle:

Veggie, Hippie, would be curious on seeing ya'll in action. & Smash G0d, I havent even heard of you before. But i've been under a rock lately so don't mind that. :demon:

Rather then debating on who'd be best for the job. Nominate the 4 or 5 people. Wether it be by AIB ladder performace, or if they BoTastic. :laugh: Run from there.
Still personally say you shouldn't judge from AiB ladder performance. Too conflicting even more lazy to explain. That's just me from experience.

You do know the lucas SD'd TWICE in around first 30 seconds... in game 3.. so you were on a legit jv 3 stock.. and saw some flaws in your game.. though l shouldn't be talking since l got outplaced and you'd possibly be better than me lol.

No matter who plays, we'll still have an all-star team.

Work it out amongst yourselves.
You should enter no bull.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
The only problem I see is Zelda and maybe Ike after that I am pretty sure mario has this on the bag. I would do this but I am pretty sure theres better people to represent mario, I do play Wifi a lot cause thats the only thing I can do and last tourney I got like 9, cause of mk.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
No offense Smash God.. but based off those videos, you seem like an average Mario to me..

And to be honest, in my opinion, I feel as if it'd be better if a regular/known SWF Mario player would represent Mario, instead of a person that mains another character. I only say that because more than half the people here dunno how much credibility you have as a Mario player.

No offense btw..

Inferno3044

Smash Master
You do know the lucas SD'd TWICE in around first 30 seconds... in game 3.. so you were on a legit jv 3 stock.. and saw some flaws in your game.. though l shouldn't be talking since l got outplaced and you'd possibly be better than me lol.
Just putting out some things. First, I planned those SD's. Don't think those were all accident. Some of that was luck though. I already fixed some flaws in my game by working with some people. As proof, I did a wifi tourney and got 9th out of 28 (Smash God entered the same tourney and got 3rd but he might have been just Luigi). I was very close to beating a D3 with my Mario due to awesome gimps and stage spikes. I am willing to prove myself since I'm not known. Anybody willing to test my skills is welcome. I have my AIM posted here.

EDIT: I thought Smash was a pretty good Mario. Liked the FLUDD at the end.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I like how papa Matador doesn't even mention me, and l just do wifi everyday </3 Ask Tony lol.
Lol, I didn't name a ton of good Marios. It's a given that your name's included on that list. It's a difficult choice for the top 5 to participate in this tourney though. There's still Marios like Gstack who won the Mario tourney Bo hosted; nobody even thought of that guy.

Despite that...it shouldn't be taking this long. When do we vote?

Edit: This is stupid. We should just play for the spots. Even if Mario dittos suck, if you're getting decisively and consistently beaten by another Mario, you're probably not as good. Bo and I always go pretty even while I **** sucky Marios like Vato the randoms on AiB freeplay or offline tourneys. Whenever I play Boss, HE usually ends up winning the most because he's better than I am etc, etc.

It's not the BEST judge, but it's better than this voting thing; it'll even test how acclimated to the wifi everyone is. Judging off of vids and online tourneys? Hearsay? It's just a popularity contest this way.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Like I said, those videos are only alright. The only one I was really taking seriously was the one vs Daisho and that was from a long time ago >.<

Mario dittos = mindgames, pretty much.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Dittos mean ****.

Can't judge based off vids.

Word of mouth is becoming increasingly ********, especially since it's hard to gauge a person's skill based on "yeah, he's really good" compared to "He's good too".

Just play for it and see how it goes.

vato_break

Smash Master
lol ...so ditto's eh? i'm guarentee'd a spot since im already top notch at them...i disagree with dittos since it's a pretty dumb method of determining the spots but hey so be it ^_-

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
lol ...so ditto's eh? i'm guarentee'd a spot since im already top notch at them...i disagree with dittos since it's a pretty dumb method of determining the spots but hey so be it ^_-
Voting's not much better imo. There's nothing to base anything on besides what we think.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
If it was up to me, it'd be:

Jesus Christ.
Chuck Norris.
A random Snake/Metaknight main thinking they're better than all other Mario main.
That one dude that thinks he's a Mario god from Puerto Rico.
Mario is the greatest brawler.

D

Deleted member

Aren't you that yoshi that came to LA and got 0-2'd?

jus sayin' ;D
No thats furbs i think.
Ive never gone to any tournies in LA.
I beat DSF and mike haze in low tiers tho like a month ago, got 2nd to oats.
Whereas you got...9th at quiznos low tiers even tho u main low tiers?
Wut.
<3
I also do well in actual tournies (mostly in san diego).

Carry on =)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
oh wait... didn't you guys know? Bo is the most horrible mario vs dittos on wifi ...well dittos mean **** i guess.
Well, whatever you guys decide to do is fine with me. I can't participate either way.

It'd just be cool if it could be done in a fair manner, but apparently it's impossible to objectively rate Marios.

No thats furbs i think.
Ive never gone to any tournies in LA.
I beat DSF and mike haze in low tiers tho like a month ago, got 2nd to oats.
Whereas you got...9th at quiznos low tiers even tho u main low tiers?
Wut.
<3

Carry on =)
loltrashtalk.

D

Deleted member

DAAANG TENSION GET AT ME MARIO MAINS!
Hardly trash talk, just facts.
I could trash talk but thats dumb :p

Uhh homie i dont care what youve done in friendlies. I beat good people in tourny all the time, beat mogx today =/
I will say that i dont know who youve beaten/how well you do, but i have not really heard much about you lol.
However, id be happy to 5$ MM =)

Edit: I now have your results so dont make me use them against you =D

D

Deleted member

=)
No hostility btw <3
Just friendly smashboards pre-wifitourny trash talk =D

vato_break

Smash Master
lol thats fine.. tell marioautomaticxd i said get *****...

on a further note mario dittos are dumb especially on wifi, there should be a more effective way to select the marios that should rep.

Top Bottom