• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Mario

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Marios. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We might have rougly 4 Marios that even play wi-fi.

I sure hope they're interested.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I can only play WiFi, but anyone who isn't in Europe will have a nightmare connecting with me.

Nevertheless, I am more than up for participating.

Matt07

Smash Master
I play WiFi a lot, but I just have a really rough time even trying to play my best, due to me getting wrecked by delay xD.

I'd definately nominate hardgainer08 to represent Mario on WiFi. I don't know if any Mario users on here take WiFi 'seriously.'

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Gah, I'd do this, except I'm terrible on wifi. And I don't have my Wii.

Oh hmmmm, I nominate SuSa. Because he RAAAAAPES on wifi. And beats me in Mario dittos. XD

If Vato is up to it, he's also probably a good candidate for this.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's cool, M101.

vatooooo. You have to be in this.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Don't think he plays wi-fi at all anymore.

And he changed his name.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Does Matador even have a Wii? I thought he was leaving us for Blazblue.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
SuSa, do it!

Though it looks like the Ganons are gonna have a stacked team.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Some good wifi marios are....Flameleon,matador,hardgainer...frank is pretty decent too, ajax is good as well.
Flameleon from what I've seen isn't too involved in tournies... even wifi... As for Matador, as A2 said, his disc doesn't read ikes so idk if he could make it into this.

But yeah... Ajax and Hardgainer might go for this.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Put Flameleon in. He handles Wifi really well, and same goes with Hardgainer.

I'd be willing to go in for the 5th spot if that happens.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So far, he have these people for nominations:

1. Mario_101
2. SuSa
3. FrankPizza
4. Veggi
5. Hardgainer???
6. Flameleon???

Vato isn't on that list because he's a little girl and doesn't wanna be in this if there isn't a tournament Mario besides him.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think Vato should be in. I know he doesn't want to enter without Matador, but Matador's left us for BlazBlue. Vato is good on Wi-Fi, though.

I think that M101, Vato, and SuSa should do it for sure. They're all great on WiFi. I'd also be up for it, but I'm not really that good, so I'm not an optimal choice.

EDIT: Vato's entering now. Yesssssssssssssssss :)

DJayS

Smash Apprentice
i'll enter :bigthumbu
i'm pretty much a wi-fi mario XD
dunno if i'm good or not but i'm willing 2 rep ^_^

Hardgainer08

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to do it. I've got some low tier online tourney experience. I vote for Fire, Vato, and Mario101 if that means anything as well. Can't really remember Ajax's Mario must have been a while if we fought. They are others but I don't think they are too active. Won't hurt to ask them though.

I'm down.

Top Bottom