• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I love how more than half of the falcons nominated for top 5 are not in the US.

Good luck in lag.

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
yay you put my name as green ^_^ :D, acedood dunt worry, chirpy gawt this

Punisher93

Smash Cadet
lol
so you would spam just to win?
There are always other options then spamming... if it's wifi or not.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
lol
whoever said we'll spam to win? Falcon can't spam. when he does, he gets ****ted on.

EDIT: I think we're all in agreement that we hate lag.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
lol
We'll get punished. But in the mental aspect spamming is the #1 thing that can frustrate an opponent. And since it is WiFi this is a benefit. Obviously too much spam will get punished; thats why we'll have to keep it low grade.

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
im gonna be spamming show me yo moves any chance i can, cuz it can get annoying and when ur pissed you play worse <-tru fact

Punisher93

Smash Cadet
Spam = only use dash attack, utilt and smashes and rarely some arieals/arieal approaches imo
And there are Falcons who play like this o.O
And the matches between chirp and TKONTK showed a little bit of such an playstyle^^
but i stop to discuss now, it makes no sense to talk about that

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
im gonna be spamming show me yo moves any chance i can, cuz it can get annoying and when ur pissed you play worse <-tru fact
Boom. Answer.
Spam = only use dash attack, utilt and smashes and rarely some arieals/arieal approaches imo
And the matches between chirp and TKONTK showed a little bit of such an playstyle^^
ANd that's one of the many reasons they are in the running.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I've never come in contact with that playstyle whatsoever.

Thats me though.... I've never played like that.

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
Thats a playstyle in lag, otherwise no one really does it

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Falcons. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!
I never caught the date for this tournament, so that I would be able to know if I'm available or not. That would help much.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Hrmmmm with lag, I tend to spam dash attack, spam forward aerial, spam smash attacks, never off-stage gimp, because I die if I jump off the stage D=

Anyway...any chance this will be held in November? xD
I'll be uber busy in October and most of September.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I'll add both of you to the same slot. If things don't work out with you getting a wii and harassing red blue then he's gonna take back his spot.

But P3 I'm gonna need you to confirm that you are gonna have a wii asap.

I need someone to fill slot 5 and if you end up having a wii for the tourney I'll see if I can make Ace move down to fill slot 5. That way everyone would most likely play...

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'll add both of you to the same slot. If things don't work out with you getting a wii and harassing red blue then he's gonna take back his spot.

But P3 I'm gonna need you to confirm that you are gonna have a wii asap.

I need someone to fill slot 5 and if you end up having a wii for the tourney I'll see if I can make Ace move down to fill slot 5. That way everyone would most likely play...
Put me in as a last minute sub. Idk if I'll be available for the tournament or not, since the exact date for it is unknown.

Player-3

Smash Hero
p1 said depending on date he might let me borrow his wii for this, or let me crash at his house for aday or two for this

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
This is the current list

1) ToKneeOrNotToKnee
2) Red-Blue /Player-3
3) Chirp
4) Acedude55
5) Sacred Seraphim
6+) Not necessary but plausible
----------------

Current News: Slot #5 is still yet to be decided.

Player-3 does not have a wii. But he does have a legit falcon. If he works things out and gets a wii and Red Blue is willing to negotiate something we might have him on our roster.

Its either player three or red blue on slot 2. Sorry guys, but you guys are gonna have to decide amongst yourselves.

@ Noodlehead:

I already have people with confirmed spots... I don't think there is a point in doing your tourney. Sorry.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
What the **** happened to my spot? I think even R-B would say I'm probably one of the best Falcons here lol (offline but me canz do wifi).

Edit: this also made me go past my 1337 post and i wanted to keep my post count as that forever. but this made me go absolutely insanely pissed and i posted out of pure hatred of falcon PAWNCZHZZZZ!1!!!111

hope ur ***** happy darx

Acedude55

Smash Ace
What the **** happened to my spot? I think even R-B would say I'm probably one of the best Falcons here lol (offline but me canz do wifi).

Edit: this also made me go past my 1337 post and i wanted to keep my post count as that forever. but this made me go absolutely insanely pissed and i posted out of pure hatred of falcon PAWNCZHZZZZ!1!!!111

hope ur ***** happy darx
hmmmmmmmmmm. Nah.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
hmmmmmmmmmm. Nah.
^This.

And alright. The list seems cool with me.

But Red-Blue def. needs to be in this. I'm not sure about P-3 (as I haven't played against him (yet)), but I know Red-Blue is effin good.

Edit:
Put Red-Blue in spot 2, and P-3 in spot 5 (or P-3 on spot 2 and Red-Blue on spot 5) and everything is all good imo.

/my2cents.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
^This.

And alright. The list seems cool with me.

But Red-Blue def. needs to be in this. I'm not sure about P-3 (as I haven't played against him (yet)), but I know Red-Blue is effin good.

Edit:
Put Red-Blue in spot 2, and P-3 in spot 5 (or P-3 on spot 2 and Red-Blue on spot 5) and everything is all good imo.

/my2cents.

No Sacr3d for you, huh? I'm just as good as Chirp, and have great Falcon on/offline.

Whatever though. It's not like I'll die if I don't play. Don't sandbag in the tournament, pl0x.

What time of the day is this tournament?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This is the current list

1) ToKneeOrNotToKnee
2) Red-Blue /Player-3
3) Chirp
4) Acedude55
5) Sacred Seraphim
6+) Not necessary but plausible
----------------

Current News: Slot #5 is still yet to be decided.

Player-3 does not have a wii. But he does have a legit falcon. If he works things out and gets a wii and Red Blue is willing to negotiate something we might have him on our roster.

Its either player three or red blue on slot 2. Sorry guys, but you guys are gonna have to decide amongst yourselves.

@ Noodlehead:

I already have people with confirmed spots... I don't think there is a point in doing your tourney. Sorry.
No Sacr3d for you, huh? I'm just as good as Chirp, and have great Falcon on/offline.

Whatever though. It's not like I'll die if I don't play. Don't sandbag in the tournament, pl0x.

What time of the day is this tournament?
I thought you were out.
My bad. I don't really mind you beeing one of the 5, but as P-3 is legit (I've heard) And as I know Red-Blue is effin legit, I dunno..

I dont mind you beeing in or out. But I thought you wereout of the election due to Darx's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom