• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Ike Try Outs - FINISHED

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Fun Round Robin, you guys. Best experience I've had with Wi-fi in a LONG time. We should do it again later.

My vote is -_- the same as Nyke's.

San
Kimchi
Light
Kirk
Penta

Sorry Brett. Q.Q

Kirk and Ren, come to some Midwest Circuit or Midwest is Best tournaments, pleeeeeease. I was a sad sad Ike player when I had to miss C4 Galore and both of you ended up going to that. -_- I'll MM you both and make it worth the trip. :)

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
San
Kimchi
Light
Kirk
Penta

No offense bored but you could have calculated the ranking system better like how baseball does it accounting for wins and losses rather than just wins... i chose those 5 because they have the least losses and still high count of wins and they are all very good players... you are too bored! =] lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San
Kimchi
Light
Kirk
Penta

No offense bored but you could have calculated the ranking system better like how baseball does it accounting for wins and losses rather than just wins... i chose those 5 because they have the least losses and still high count of wins and they are all very good players... you are too bored! =] lol
I'm not the one who designed TIO to work that way, and in any case, why should the people who played the most games not be rewarded? Your logic says that a person who went 5-0 should get the benefit of the doubt over someone who went 12-3. If everyone had participated properly, then there would be no debate on one guy having more wins than others. Perfect example being that Kimchi and San had many opportunities to play each other, but never did. Tournaments in person run for hours and hours, forcing people to play one another. Just be happy that I didn't force everyone to do this in one sitting. Win % is important, but it's pointless if the amount of games played is too small.

And daaang. Bored not getting any love for top 5.

In any case, here is my vote, pending I am able to play and what not for this tournament.

1. San. - Most dominant in the tournament.
2. Kimchi. - Possibly most wifi experience in all match ups. Handles himself well in extreme lags.
3. Bored - After a slow start, I thought I did pretty well for myself. Enough to place 1st.
4. Mishi - Good set of offensive mind games. Seems to be able to control himself properly on wifi.
5. Light - Not sure what was so good about him...but whatever he did worked. But skeptical about his match ups against other characters.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I'm not the one who designed TIO to work that way, and in any case, why should the people who played the most games not be rewarded? Your logic says that a person who went 5-0 should get the benefit of the doubt over someone who went 12-3. If everyone had participated properly, then there would be no debate on one guy having more wins than others. Perfect example being that Kimchi and San had many opportunities to play each other, but never did. Tournaments in person run for hours and hours, forcing people to play one another. Just be happy that I didn't force everyone to do this in one sitting. Win % is important, but it's pointless if the amount of games played is too small.
im not saying someone 5-0 should be first in front of someone 12-3 but like me.. i was 4th with like a 10-7 record when someone behind me had like a 9-3 record should have been in front of me and someone 9-6 shoulda been even with me

theeboredone

Smash Legend
im not saying someone 5-0 should be first in front of someone 12-3 but like me.. i was 4th with like a 10-7 record when someone behind me had like a 9-3 record should have been in front of me and someone 9-6 shoulda been even with me
As I said, it's their fault for not playing enough games. I'm not here to argue the computer's programming. If you feel that someone in the top 5 doesn't deserve their spot, then your voting will speak for it. Because of the lack of games played, tourny results are 40% and voting will be 60%. So yes, voting is pretty crucial.

Also, I advise everyone to listen to other's opinions and encourage debate. The SWF Tournament has been announced for September 1st. Therefore, we should not rush to decide who should be top 5. If anything, we should run this slowly, not making any dumb decisions that we may regret later on.

And for the record, I have 35% chance of participating in this tournament. If I am able to find a way to use wifi at college, then I will participate...if I don't, then someone can take my place.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah you pretty much have to give five votes guys, otherwise the same thing as with the tourney will occur (where some people didn't play as many matches), there will be an uneven number of votes. If you really can't think of two other people yourself, ask around for opinions and then vote on two others based on the experience of others.

Like me, I didn't get to face San in the round robin, so I couldn't evaluate him myself, but I still voted for him because it's obvious everyone thinks he's one of the best (and his undefeated record agrees).

I dunno, maybe bored doesn't really care if you vote for less than five, but I think it would be a lot easier and maybe even more fair if everyone votes five.

:034:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well, assuming Bored CAN participate... my vote will be as follows:

1) San
2) Kimchi
3) Bored
4) Kirk
5) Light

Wil, don't apologize because you didn't vote for me. I'm not voting for myself even though I finished top 5. These guys are all better on Wifi than I am and probably all just better than I am anyway. When I'm closer to the top of my game, I can have great matches [example: against Kirk in this tourney], but I'm not consistently near the top of my game and just stop paying attention sometimes online [example: against LC8, Slaps, Penta, Light].
All in all, I can be a good player, but I think these guys are more consistent than I am (at LEAST on Wifi), especially as shown in this Wifi Round Robin.

Those are my votes. I decided not to send via PM and I don't think anyone should. Anonymity is probably not the best option in this vote.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
I did up the percentage of wins/total games:

1: San: 100%
2: Kimchi: 93%
3: Kirk: 83%
4: Bored: 82%
5: Light: 82%
6: Mishi: 75%
7: Salty: 64%
8: BLF?!: 61%
9: Slaps: 56%
10: LC8: 55%
11: Nyke: 53%
12: Wil: 43%
13: xGAx: 40%
14: Kishn: 40%
15: Max: 33%
16: PC: 17%
17: Niddo: 11%
18: BRims: 6%
19: Ren: 0%

My vote is:

San
kimchi
Kirk
Bored*
Light

*If bored can't participate then Penta should take his place

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
sorry we never fought king

getting a match done through pms is hard lol ;/

plus we weren't able to find a good time for both of us to be on =.=
my fault

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
1: San: 100%
2: Kimchi: 93%
3: Kirk: 83%
4: Bored: 82%
5: Light: 82%
6: Mishi: 75%
Wow, lol... I went with San, Kimchi, Kirk, Light and Penta, and I wanted to put Bored in there somewhere but I found out he may not be able to play... basically those were my top six picks right there, and I didn't even realize they also had the best win %s.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I only voted for people that I've played that I thought were worthy. Kirk and San might be the other 2 votes but since I didn't get to play them I can't say for sure. Don't take it the wrong way if I've played you and didn't vote for you though, it's all imo.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Yah you pretty much have to give five votes guys, otherwise the same thing as with the tourney will occur (where some people didn't play as many matches), there will be an uneven number of votes. If you really can't think of two other people yourself, ask around for opinions and then vote on two others based on the experience of others.

Like me, I didn't get to face San in the round robin, so I couldn't evaluate him myself, but I still voted for him because it's obvious everyone thinks he's one of the best (and his undefeated record agrees).

I dunno, maybe bored doesn't really care if you vote for less than five, but I think it would be a lot easier and maybe even more fair if everyone votes five.

alright... I vote for kirk, san, kimchi, light and bored.

oh yea btw all though it doesn't matter, bored my win against king of sack. lol funny games :p

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
you're dam straight i hate asians :mad:
lol

so pretty much the only debate here is if i'm worthy of 5th place D:

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Silly mortals, Wi-Fi God Ike is participating. Who is this Kimchi character?
Wi-Fi God Ike's vote is...
1. sand
2. Wi-Fi God Ike (FEAR HIM)
3. Kirky Kirky Kirk (Fatass)
4. Bored character
5. LightisDark/Pentahatesasians

:falcon::YES!
Everyone is voting the same people... ._.'

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
kimchi
bored
kirk
light
penta

I probably won't get wifi in my dorm room for another week at most (still searching for ways atm). I may or may not have wifi by the time the tourney starts

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
bored what's the score so far or are you saving it till the end for suspense lol ?

(i think this is a valid reason to double post)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
DOUBLE POSTING CRIMINAL SCUM!!! -Goes to report Penta for being scum-

Seriously though, updatez. And about the chat... we should make a permanent link for it somewhere people can find it. I think it should be our Ike boards general chat for random discussions or specific event discussions and stuff. That way we won't need to make a new xat every time something like this comes up.

Maybe make a link for it in Ashunera's Library?

It doesn't have to be called 'Ike Babies' and say 'Kimchi is a douche waffle' either, we can all vote on a name and description if it's going to be a permanent thing.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
DOUBLE POSTING CRIMINAL SCUM!!! -Goes to report Penta for being scum-

Seriously though, updatez. And about the chat... we should make a permanent link for it somewhere people can find it. I think it should be our Ike boards general chat for random discussions or specific event discussions and stuff. That way we won't need to make a new xat every time something like this comes up.

Maybe make a link for it in Ashunera's Library?

It doesn't have to be called 'Ike Babies' and say 'Kimchi is a douche waffle' either, we can all vote on a name and description if it's going to be a permanent thing.

D: nooooooo
I don't think any mods even post here:laugh:

and yea,the chat is a good idea xD
it brought us all together for like....2-3 days lol
we ikes must stick together!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
bored what's the score so far or are you saving it till the end for suspense lol ?

Sorry, I've been too busy with college stuff. Just arrived at my university today, and did a whole lot of exploring and unpacking. I'll try to get on it later tonight or in the morning.

EDIT: Turns out that my friend forgot to bring his wii (how do you forget a game console?). So my chances went from slim to none. Bored just got 3 stocked.

2nd Edit:
Okay guys, I've tallied the votes so far. Since the tournament is September 1st, I'll let voting extend to the 28th. From there, anyone who cannot participate should know by then, and we can let the back ups know.

Bored: 8 Votes
Kimchi: 9 Votes
San: 8 Votes
Kirk: 7 Votes
Penta: 2 Votes
Light: 9 Votes

So by using my mathematical formula that I recently developed, here are the results so far.

Light: 96%
Bored: 93%
Kimchi: 88%
San: 73%
Kirk: 62%
Penta: 41%

This is how I calculated the results...

Tournament is worth 40%. 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9 points, 3rd place gets 8, and so on. It takes 4 x 10 (first place) for that individual to get the maximum score. So therefore, whatever placing you have, find the appropriate points gained and multiply it by 4.

Voting is worth 60%. At this moment, the highest vote count for anyone is 9. Therefore, 9 votes = 60%. 8 votes = 53%. 7 = 47% and so on. This is done by Dividing 60 / Highest Vote Count (9). After dividing, the number given is 6.66. Simply multiply this with your vote count, and you will receive your score.

Add the totals from both formulas up, and you get your grade.

Questions? Comments? Ye Yuh.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Sorry, I've been too busy with college stuff. Just arrived at my university today, and did a whole lot of exploring and unpacking. I'll try to get on it later tonight or in the morning.

EDIT: Turns out that my friend forgot to bring his wii (how do you forget a game console?). So my chances went from slim to none. Bored just got 3 stocked.

2nd Edit:
Okay guys, I've tallied the votes so far. Since the tournament is September 1st, I'll let voting extend to the 28th. From there, anyone who cannot participate should know by then, and we can let the back ups know.

Bored: 8 Votes
Kimchi: 9 Votes
San: 8 Votes
Kirk: 7 Votes
Penta: 2 Votes
Light: 9 Votes

So by using my mathematical formula that I recently developed, here are the results so far.

Light: 96%
Bored: 93%
Kimchi: 88%
San: 73%
Kirk: 62%
Penta: 41%

This is how I calculated the results...

Tournament is worth 40%. 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9 points, 3rd place gets 8, and so on. It takes 4 x 10 (first place) for that individual to get the maximum score. So therefore, whatever placing you have, find the appropriate points gained and multiply it by 4.

Voting is worth 60%. At this moment, the highest vote count for anyone is 9. Therefore, 9 votes = 60%. 8 votes = 53%. 7 = 47% and so on. This is done by Dividing 60 / Highest Vote Count (9). After dividing, the number given is 6.66. Simply multiply this with your vote count, and you will receive your score.

Add the totals from both formulas up, and you get your grade.

Questions? Comments? Ye Yuh.
This Bored character can do Math? DOES NOT COMPUTE :confused:.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Name: NEO
WIFI Tag: NEO
FC: 3995 6701 6597

I wanna play

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I'd put money on both Nysyarc and theeboredone sucking at this game (and with Ike) and money on Nysyarc wasting space with his posts (like this one ;D)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'd put money on both Nysyarc and theeboredone sucking at this game (and with Ike) and money on Nysyarc wasting space with his posts (like this one ;D)
.. The hell outta here. Not all of us like to welcome people who show up in the manner you just did, especially when you insult people in our board right after.

You can call this wasted space, but I think anything in retribution to your previous post is well used, not wasted.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
.. The hell outta here. Not all of us like to welcome people who show up in the manner you just did, especially when you insult people in our board right after.

You can call this wasted space, but I think anything in retribution to your previous post is well used, not wasted.
Wow you are really stupid......

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The topic is that Neo is one of the best players in the nation.......that's the topic.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The topic is that Neo is one of the best players in the nation.......that's the topic.
I don't care if he was the best ever, the point is, he failed to read the first post or read anything at all in this thread that would have given him a clear hint on the fact that this tournament is done. Given the fact he is a seasoned veteran for these boards, he should know better. Being a top player does not give you an excuse to not read or review any recent posts made. Defending him is simply being ignorant. And where did him being one of the best become the topic? If you're not gonna use any common sense for your arguments, leave.

I will acknowledge that he did give me the idea of editing my first post and title to point out that the tournament is over.

Shout outs for this tournament will come later. Almost everyone will definitely get a shout out. :)

Top Bottom